It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by deviant300

I've been looking for more sources, but this one was the only one i've found.

Still this is a trustworthy source, belonging to one of the biggest tv stations in Portugal.

Too bad the video is in Portuguese

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

cavtrooper7
This will end in another wall like Berlin I'm guessing. It can't go conventional, we own that,Putin isn't an ignorant man and nobody is stupid enough to go nuclear(I hope) but it does fit a pattern of the US when it is facing a severe finantial dilemma.

As to the Russian pattern ,I do recall reading about how key transportation facilities were taken softly then the armor rolled in.
I doubt this is Tit for tat on Syria. It may also mean a base like ours in Cuba for their Navy ports.
I also read on the thread how someone said 1st Cav went on alert,they do that for UAs you know.

That is how it went down but Russia sent in it's special forces right off the hop. They've also moved in mobile artillery so that tells me they mean business. The only way to end this peacefully is for NATO to acknowledge that Russia has legitimate interests in the country, but also set a timetable for troops to be withdrawn to their naval base pending some sort of Ukrainian referendum on Crimean independence. The new government in the Ukraine could also do much by assuring the Russians that their agreements will be honored, but they seem to be using some heavy handed rhetoric and I'm not sure if they even plan to do so. Talk about a powder keg waiting to go off.

la2

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

We need to clear this up, China signed the treaty with the previous government, seeing as he was deposed by a coup, and Russia is an ally, I feel they will see Ukraine as out of control. It should be noted that China is the only major power NOT to have issued a comment.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

jhn7537
reply to post by Feltrick

So China is Pro-Ukraine, due to a nuclear defense pact agreement? Man, there are too many angles to follow here, I really don't even know what to make of all of this
edit on 1-3-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

Apparently, according to: thediplomat.com...

China pledged to provide Ukraine nuclear security guarantee when Ukraine encounters an invasion involving nuclear weapons or Ukraine is under threat of a nuclear invasion. Sounds pretty cut and dry to me...Yikes!

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by la2

Understand it was a pact signed with the former President, but China and Russia have never been close. China could use this as a way to slap Russia/Putin in the face. I would think if China started rattling a saber, Russia would take notice...

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
When I read statements like this, I know it's only a matter of time...

"Every moment that the United States and our allies fail to respond sends the signal to President Putin that he can be even more ambitious and aggressive in his military intervention in Ukraine," Sen. John McCain, R-Arizona, said in a statement.

Kerry condemns Russia

la2

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

China and Russia do joint military exercises, they have been allies for a while now. They have a common enemy, China does not want Ukraine to turn to Europe, so Russia going in to reinstall a deposed president gives China the wiggle room they need to justify allowing it to happen, don't think for a second Bejing didn't know this was happening in advance.

www.scmp.com...

la2

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Here's the story of last years exercise.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

China pledged to provide Ukraine nuclear security guarantee when Ukraine encounters an invasion involving nuclear weapons or Ukraine is under threat of a nuclear invasion. Sounds pretty cut and dry to me...Yikes!

What the hell do you think China will be able to do.

She would have to invade a few other countries just to get there!

China will not get a fleet into the Black Sea!

The only thing China could possibly do is to let the Nukes fly! She will not do this!

The other problem you have is that the Crimea has ASKED Russia for help!

The current Government running the Ukraine is not a duly elected government! The puppetmasters pulled a convict out of jail and set him up as a President!

China is not led by a group of morons, neither for that matter is Russia.

China is best served by just backing Russia's efforts to stop the West from destabilizing their friend.

P

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

la2

China and Russia do joint military exercises, they have been allies for a while now. They have a common enemy, China does not want Ukraine to turn to Europe, so Russia going in to reinstall a deposed president gives China the wiggle room they need to justify allowing it to happen, don't think for a second Bejing didn't know this was happening in advance.

www.scmp.com...

Common enemy?

Well, I hope you are not talking about the US and the EU, because those are the two largest trading partners for China so trust me when I say they don't want to go to war with either of those entities...

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by la2

I stand corrected, thanks for the info. I must still be in that "Cold War" era mindset...

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

There are a number of things that have gone into making this happen. A very BIG one has been United States meddling in the internal affairs of another country, following a near fanatic hatred by some on our side for Putin. Now I don't personally see why he's hated so much. I do not like him or trust him, but that describes most leaders in the world.

He's got some very rough sides to his leadership, but the Russians have elected him and perhaps in their society, that is what they sincerely want to have.

However, read a few stories here and see a progression as Putin has absolutely watched it come. This isn't ONE isolated thing and The Ukraine, as much as it most definitely is an issue in it's own right, is by no means 'the' underlying issue between individuals within the leadership and making the decisions that form this crisis.

McCain sternly warns Putin that he will share Gaddafi’s (Oct, 2011)

John McCain writes cranky letter about Putin for Pravda, seems to confuse Russia with the USSR (Sep, 2013)

Senator John McCain En Route To Ukraine To Hasten “Regime Change” (Dec, 2013)

...and last, but absolutely not least. McCain on video, telling the protestors to go for it in revolt, we have their back. (sigh)

Senator McCain to Ukrainian protesters: 'This is your moment' (Dec, 2013)

The US has been working in front of and behind the scenes to help make this happen...and now we're trying to act like it's a happy surprise and everyone isn't buying it. Gee... A shocker... It's not that sneaky. Never has been.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
One has to wonder if this was "the more wiggle room" that Obama told Putin he would have after all the morons re-elected the bankster funded fraud Obama to a second term? I am beginning to wonder if this entire circus side show is all set up for the masses of sheoplized morons to swallow?

Maybe Obama and Putin made a deal concerning Syria and the Ukraine, maybe a tit for tat agreement? I know this much, when it comes to all of these internationalist liars, nothing would surprise me whatsoever.

It's either Red China and Russia pulling a fast one, or it's Russia and The USA just completing a prior agreement which within the next year we will see The U.S occupy Syria. Read between the lies people, read between the lies.

Mostly just brainstorming here my friends, but it needs to be discussed. As corrupt as it all is, with every government abroad, At the end of the day this is about survival, so I support my Country, The United States of America. ~$heopleNation
edit on 1-3-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

la2

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I've been watching for years as they got closer, the common enemy is USA. Russia had a rotting black fleet, China had nothing, the Chinese refitted the black fleet in exchange for technology to build their own fleet. 2012's joint exercise also involved India.

There was a comment about China not getting a fleet to the Black Sea? Well imagine we wanted to send troops to help, the UK government would need to gain permission from all the places in between to fly them out, now China only has to use Russian airspace to support Russia in Ukraine, I'm not saying it will come to that, but that's why the joint exercises are relevant, it's about combining command and control methods.

So far we have heard off every country with any perceived power, EXCEPT......China!

la2

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by la2

I found this, it is quite interesting!

www.reuters.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

la2

I've been watching for years as they got closer, the common enemy is USA. Russia had a rotting black fleet, China had nothing, the Chinese refitted the black fleet in exchange for technology to build their own fleet. 2012's joint exercise also involved India.

There was a comment about China not getting a fleet to the Black Sea? Well imagine we wanted to send troops to help, the UK government would need to gain permission from all the places in between to fly them out, now China only has to use Russian airspace to support Russia in Ukraine, I'm not saying it will come to that, but that's why the joint exercises are relevant, it's about combining command and control methods.

So far we have heard off every country with any perceived power, EXCEPT......China!

If China wants to side with Russia then let them, it will only end them as a wannabe super power... China NEEDS the EU and the US, if both areas become unstable then China loses it's two biggest trading partners and I'm sure they don't want to mess up the relationships that bring them in all that money

And if we are talking militaries, the US is more powerful then both those countries combined. The US for many years now has been spending anywhere from $600 billion to 1 trillion a year on its military infrastructure, and to be honest, their technology is far superior than anyone else on this planet.

US/Nato > Russia/China

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

None of that matters if nukes start flying. None of it.

la2

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Plus it works both ways, China is also vital to the US and EU, and China holds vast quantities of US debt.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
i posted these vids in another thread also but just in case

new video coming out of crimea of russian occupation

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

i think it should have been acknowledged as a war a few days ago however.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Michigan...all networks and cable...nothing mentioned at all tonight about this....and nothing on National News either so....??

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join