It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 97
<< 94  95  96    98  99  100 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Justwatchingyou
This is the whole - The red squares indicate where you will be able to find the items listed on under details.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

As I said in the other tread, I think almost (or even all) of the things marked on the image above are parts of the shield that protected the rover during the landing, the metallic-looking part being the heat shield.
We can see by the rover tracks that it comes from that area, and, in some of the photos we could even see the marks of the "bouncing ball" that was protecting the rover during the strange landing, shown here in an animation.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I dig man.
That gives an answer I feel satisfied with on that image.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Justwatchingyou

As you can see if you read back on this thread, there is usually much more activity when the pictures from Curiosity come in. Downloading the pictures comes with much scurrying to find the Martian nooks and crannies (see Martian Wikipedia for photos and descriptions of Nooks and the elusive Crannies). One of the best things about following this thread is that we get to "ride along" on the Rover, to explore with it and find the things we find. Every once in awhile people find things which seem unexplainable, then ArMap or someone explains, but then when he can't he usually doesn't. ArMap, the ATS administrator on this thread, has been riding along on these kind of threads since 2007 or maybe earlier (nobody knows), so he has deep memory and is able to share with us knowledge that we gradually learn.

Just some ramblings.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

NASA's Mars Orbiter sidelined by glitch

MRO's glitch may well be the reason for slow communications (and image uploads) in these days ... data seems to be relayed via Mars Odyssey and direct uplinks via Curiosity's high-gain antenna. Let's hope things are gonna speed up again soon!

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

It does seem like they are optimistic. Jeez, you gave me a scare there, I haven't thought about the tragedy it would be if that relay was lost. From your source:

"The spacecraft is healthy, in communication and fully powered," MRO project manager Dan Johnston, of NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, Calif., said in a statement. "We have stepped up the communication data rate, and we plan to have the spacecraft back to full operations within a few days."

The $720 million Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter mission launched in August 2005 and arrived at the Red Planet in March 2006. During its eight years in orbit around Mars, the spacecraft has returned more data than all other interplanetary missions, past or present, combined, NASA officials said.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Yep, MRO is a jewel in the martian sky ... without it, data rates would be much slower. And that couldn't even be compensated for by the MAVEN spacecraft (which will be up there soon) due to its highly elliptical orbit. Everything would depend on Mars-Earth direct links, Mars Odyssey and, perhaps, Mars Express.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

maybe the arrival of MAVEN will allow them to be kinder to the compression rates , fingers crossed

signs of water ? or just patterns in the sand ? looks like a shiny globular thing on the rim of the wheel

sol568

funBox

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Okay so I was looking at this image and I found it great that on this particular image they gave me a ruler....
There is a damn platform in this image for all to see all with an open area for where people probably gathered and spoke and listened.
There are other great things in this picture but I want to see if you guys can follow me on this one.

THERE IS A BUILT PLATFORM THAT IS STILL FULLY VISIBLE WITH SECTIONED STONES.

This platform has right angles up the whazooooo - in my honest opinion if you only see rocks you are part of the cover up.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov... - ENJOY

My edited image below.

direct link - files.abovetopsecret.com...

Let me know if its just a naturally forming 90 degree right angle flattened sectioned off natural formation.
edit on 13-3-2014 by Justwatchingyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

That a very large nicely outlined square area, the larger one you highlighted. The ones you didn't post, the squares nearer the front, are quite common in Gale Sea pictures, most of them with the same geometry. Lots of them have much less rocks on them than in other nearby areas. I don't know if I've ever read an adequate explanation. If you've read some of the thread, we don't have a geologist on board, although there was one posting around ATS about five weeks ago (he never popped up here though, probably from fear of the unknown, or known, or of us), which would be helpful (or not, depending on his or her level of wanting to keep their credibility in the geological field intact).
edit on 13-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

So you see only rocks?
You don't see the oddness of the out place square thats unlike its immediate surroundings in a rectangular way shape?
You don't see that?

Well I guess to each their own. I will keep looking but thats a platform brother.
I work in my professional life as an industrial designer. I understand construction as my father was a contractor.
I understand it may be hard but this is not imagination. It's there for you to see if you want to.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Justwatchingyou
This platform has right angles up the whazooooo - in my honest opinion if you only see rocks you are part of the cover up.

Or just have a different opinion, based in different knowledge.

Look at this photo of limestone (a type of rock that results from the joining of very small particles, usually pieces of bone and shells that fall to the bottom of the sea) on a Portuguese beach, do you think this was artificially made?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Yes it looks naturally (nature) made because no builder would make those ridiculous segment cuts. Not even for the sake of aesthetics.
Also I do not see your rock clearing a larger square in front of it. haha

I like the picture thank you for taking the time to comment.
I'm glad I have found another rock for your collection.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Yes, I see it, and the square platform area has very straight lines and is interesting. But I'm not a geologist. As part of the cover up I am sworn to have to say "rocks". Going along with your scenario, that Martians either built the platform to stand on to what, talk to the crowd on the sand? To perform magic tricks? This entire area was once three miles down under water, it is a sea bottom, which is why NASA wanted to go there. The Rover is exploring the bottom of an ancient and very deep sea. That's why people on this thread have been finding some images which seem to fit with fossils of sea life (no fish as yet though). The shape of your rectangle-like area is impressive, and unusual, and as I said, many squares and rectangles have been found on the sea floor. Neither I, you, or the deep blue sea knows what they are - from your experience you see a platform and this is an interesting and fun thing to contemplate - but we don't know anything other than these things are being found on Mars and that there is no way to verify any of these shapes right now. All we can do is find them, post them, discuss them as we are doing, etc. Nobody here is part of any coverup. Where do you think you are, some kind of conspiracy site?
edit on 13-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

HAHAHA No I do not believe i'm on a conspiracy site.
I think this is a site for thoughts that are not ready for the mainstream and can be discussed freely here.
You're right in the thought that none of us know REALLY what's out there but I think it also carries
a certain arrogance to it.
Not your arrogance so you understand but I mean a general arrogance of people to think we are alone.
So many images have been found that show there IS LIFE...I think we are wasting time asking the question of if.
I would like to corroborate with people and discuss things as all people do.
What would they have done? Why not watch a play? Watch their elected representative give law. Maybe comedy weekends.
There was order there and I believe there is still order.

Here are some quick mock ups for what I believe it looked based on my experience as a designer and construction manager.

That didn't take a picture of that area on accident or passing.
Thats why people are finding so many things that people just don't want to see.
edit on 13-3-2014 by Justwatchingyou because: some word changes.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Justwatchingyou
So many images have been found that show there IS LIFE...I think we are wasting time asking the question of if.

On Mars? I haven't seen any.

Edit: on a different topic, look at your messages, please.
edit on 13/3/2014 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Very good presentation, nice work, and thanks for the mind-bending. I did a close zoom of the platform and it's quite the structure whatever it is (I tried to image it but I don't know how to image sections of those larger photos).

Pretty sure marine life once lived on Mars, but again, there is no way to prove it. Curiosity doesn't have the capacity to do it. My guess is nothing is being held back by NASA or JPL, and people on sites like this are the front-line of bringing these things to people's attention. So we keep on plugging, but there's not much else to do but present these finds the best ways possible, and you've done a good job for your point-of-view.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Writing on the rock:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...]http://mars. jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images/proj/msl/redops/ods/surface/sol/00568/opgs/edr/fcam/FLB_447920393EDR_F0291020FHAZ00304M_.JPG

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

hmm , ill doubt that was written by a muslim, they don't worship rock idols

funBox

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
evening. I thought this is worth a mention.

Order among chaos. I see at least 5 similarly shaped stones stacked next to each other...they appear to be bonded together...forming something that looks like a statue of an animal...to me at least.

Also some pretty regular shapes on some of these surrounding rocks...even a small pyramid at the bottom.

Sol 111 Mastcam

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
This one had to be blown up:

top topics

<< 94  95  96    98  99  100 >>

join