It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 99
<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

symptomoftheuniverse
Hey armap any news on the"blueberry on a stick"?

No news.

Not to worry,armap does this look like stone work to you mars.jpl.nasa.gov... surrounding the hill at 12 oclock?

That sure looks like stonework to me.

It's too small (and zooming doesn't help) to say, but it doesn't look different from the other broken layers that we have seen on other photos, like the "platform".

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

indeed , although, soon people would catch on and , well, just never place them on a flat surface , ever again.

the manufacture rate would slow down at the factory sooner/maybe later

swimBOx

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Char-Lee
I am confident there is life on Mars, I am always right! Really so far when I say something is, my sense have always been correct.

We will all find out together when it happens one way or another I guess.

I think it's possible, but as all evidence points to Mars having a watery past, I think that it's most likely that we will find life on the lower areas, both because those places were the last ones to lose water (if they did lost it) and because they are the ones with the more dense atmosphere, making a better protection against radiation and easier to breath.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Wouldn't that defeat evolution? To continue to go deeper and deeper to live rather than adapting to survive your current conditions?
Maybe some did go under...Maybe others like we did..Stayed on top.
edit on 13-3-2014 by Justwatchingyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

do you think that extremophiles of an advanced nature ,could also be a possibility ,maybe age old decendants from a time before the atmosphere disappeared ?

I think its possible
but I cant say for certain that this is it, but there is potential , that edge gets me , its like a creature pulling itself along

reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

looks a bit on the organised side

where you been, on holiday?...ill bet it wasn't to Mars

funBox

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Go for it funbox.... but my avatar looks like sand lol

I have been hibernating but its warmed up now...on mars? I wish

edit on 13-3-2014 by symptomoftheuniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Justwatchingyou
Wouldn't that defeat evolution? To continue to go deeper and deeper to live rather than adapting to survive your current conditions?

I don't think so, wouldn't it be easier to keep on following the progressive changes of the environment they were used to instead of changing to a new one?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

funbox
do you think that extremophiles of an advanced nature ,could also be a possibility ,maybe age old decendants from a time before the atmosphere disappeared ?

Yes, and I think it's more likely that life appeared when Mars had flowing water than after the water vanished from the surface.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

ArMaP

symptomoftheuniverse
Hey armap any news on the"blueberry on a stick"?

No news.

Not to worry,armap does this look like stone work to you mars.jpl.nasa.gov... surrounding the hill at 12 oclock?

That sure looks like stonework to me.

It's too small (and zooming doesn't help) to say, but it doesn't look different from the other broken layers that we have seen on other photos, like the "platform".
its a wall surounding a colapsed building! I hope nasa investigates lol

We did see a blueberry on a stick diddnt we? I think nasa ignored that aswell

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Very interesting images funbox...That one with the lips of a manta ray skimming the surface as it would underwater...Very organic.

To armap - Of course it detaches from evolution. Your rails are taking you in such a way it seems no directions are available to them other than down. What kind of animals/life/civilization you think lived there? That would certainly shed some light in what you are willing to see. If you think that the only life on mars was aquatic and "thats it"...Then of course there is no way for you to entertain any other life possible. Much less something as the "platform" as you state it.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Justwatchingyou
To armap - Of course it detaches from evolution.

How?

Your rails are taking you in such a way it seems no directions are available to them other than down.

That's because of gravity.

What kind of animals/life/civilization you think lived there?

The most likely is not much advanced life, because it's the one that appears first and, apparently, Mars didn't had much time to get highly evolved life and because I have never seen any signs of highly evolved life.

That would certainly shed some light in what you are willing to see.

And that sentence, along with the ones of the same type you already wrote, makes me think that you have a preconceived idea of what I think and aren't willing to accept that you may be wrong about me.

If you think that the only life on mars was aquatic and "thats it"...Then of course there is no way for you to entertain any other life possible. Much less something as the "platform" as you state it.

Show me signs (real, not just imagination) of highly evolved life, then we will talk about it.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

there ya go
a sandy blow up

good to see you on the hunt , warmed up ? I take it your over there in the big freeze

funBox

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Okay, so you think only aquatic life existed on mars.
Thats really all I need to know.
I can't teach someone the world is round if they will die believing its flat.
We have two very different ideologies on this matter.
You will call to your experience as matter of fact disregarding the experiences of others.
I can dig and respect that you hold that as your faith.
We all take our roads and you have found yours.
Nothing but respect.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

indeed but an extremophile maybe able to work with minimal water or it maybe so extreme , like a cactus, being able to survive, we have many examples here on earth of cold blooded animals living in arid areas, living off morning dues some of them, something which may have been pointed out a few times in this thread , (markings on the rover)

life finds a way , extinction events happen , *waves at the dinos* but the atmosphere didn't dwindle away for life back then , it wasn't as extremer change as it is the case for mars , if life was there before the cataclysm , and had to deal with harsher conditions , would the mutations be , equally as extreme , in its bid for survival ?

funBox

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

funbox

there ya go
a sandy blow up

good to see you on the hunt , warmed up ? I take it your over there in the big freeze

funBox
that is one groovey marsmaid ,thankyou.
Im warming up here in the u.k , spring and dafodils,cheltenham festival,st patricks guinness day soon- life is great.
And im back on the hunt

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
You want signs armap?lol Who/what built mount sharp? A huge mountain in a huge crater,thats a first for me. Any other examples in the solar system?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Can I see the original image? This wouldnt have been alone. I would like to see if there are any other oddities around it.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I think it's possible, but as all evidence points to Mars having a watery past, I think that it's most likely that we will find life on the lower areas, both because those places were the last ones to lose water (if they did lost it) and because they are the ones with the more dense atmosphere, making a better protection against radiation and easier to breath.

that's pretty encouraging...

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Justwatchingyou
Okay, so you think only aquatic life existed on mars.
Thats really all I need to know.

No, I think aquatic life is the most likely to have existed.

I can't teach someone the world is round if they will die believing its flat.

You can't, but you can learn not to distort what other people say to fit your preconceived ideas about them.

We have two very different ideologies on this matter.

That's natural.

You will call to your experience as matter of fact disregarding the experiences of others.

No.

I can dig and respect that you hold that as your faith.

I haven't faith in any thing.

We all take our roads and you have found yours.
Nothing but respect.

My road is just trying to understand things, that's why I accept all possibilities.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

funbox
indeed but an extremophile maybe able to work with minimal water or it maybe so extreme , like a cactus, being able to survive, we have many examples here on earth of cold blooded animals living in arid areas, living off morning dues some of them, something which may have been pointed out a few times in this thread , (markings on the rover)

Yes, I just think that, if things on Mars got more difficult in a relatively short time, it would be easier for life to adjust while following the conditions to which they were used, so if they were used to water they would follow it while adapting.

life finds a way , extinction events happen , *waves at the dinos* but the atmosphere didn't dwindle away for life back then , it wasn't as extremer change as it is the case for mars , if life was there before the cataclysm , and had to deal with harsher conditions , would the mutations be , equally as extreme , in its bid for survival ?

Maybe the thinner atmosphere would produce quicker evolution because of more mutations, I know nothing about that.

new topics

top topics

<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join