It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schwarzenegger intends to challenge law and run for president

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Just what we need in the White house.

Has everyone forgot what shambles he caused and left behind in California?!?

Another person who has absolutely no concept or clue how to run anything and be fiscally responsible.

And also since he was banging his maid and got here pregnant while he was married, I guess he doesn't have any morals either.

Yeah, Just what we need.

I wonder though...Just what truthfully made him think he is the man who deserves to run this country?

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

MrSpad
Since the Constitution never defined what a natural born citizen is that is what he will attack. The courts have decided it means you were either born in the US or its territories and/or have at least one parent who is a US citizen. This has been what the courts have come up with over the years. Early on until the 14th you also had to be white. The problem for Arnold is neither of his parents were citizens at the time of his birth nor was he born on US terrirory. I just do not see an loophole for him to get through.

That's one of the things I was getting at in an earlier post.
You could be ridiculous and say everyone is natural born in a normal birth, but the thing is the term had precedence years before the constitution was written in the 'Laws of nations' (1758) by Emerich de Vattel, 'Natural born citizen' is,

"Both parents must be the citizens of, and the birth must take place in the concerned country, assuming that the citizenship inherited by this child and the loyalty are never changed ever after."
So that is the precedent the legal eagles today follow, and it must be said that the writers of the US constitution are very likely to have got their cue from that, and just didn't do the bendy bits that the legal eagles have done since. So to take the words, Panama (in the case of John McCain) is a bit dodgy, Obama is out the window altogether. Being born at sea was a given, presuming an affiliation for a country, (that's a good one, since you could be a citizen of anywhere/everywhere on Earth) perhaps and, with a good lawyer.

So, 'Natural born citizen' in the days of the writings of the constitution is actually pretty specific if taken from de Vattel. However, if just a coincidence of terminology, then the legal interpretations are incorrect, as they could not know otherwise as you say, but that also makes everything else up for grabs.
I should add, that also makes McCain, Arnie and Obama worthy of office if voted for.

edit on 19-10-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I have absolutely no problem with this.....provided it is put to a vote by the people and passes. I think that after a certain amount of years 20-30 of living here as a citizen, following the laws and ways then why not.

Seriously he has been here for 45 years. He is as much an American Citizen as anyone else imo. In my opinion the law should be changed to allowing anyone to run for presidency who has been a legal citizen here for at least 20 years.

I don't think they should change the law so that any old joe can come right in and run....not at all but after a certain amount of time, especially when they already held a job in politics. It's part of the reason I never jumped the birther train on Obama, I don't care I just want someone in office who loves this country as much as I do. Clearly the president we have now is not that man but Arnie might be that man. I doubt tha people will go for it, but it is time to start to consider it.

My only real hope/prerequisite for a President any President is that they love my country with the same love and esteem that I do.

Put it to a vote, let the people/states decide.

edit on 19-10-2013 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

TKDRL
reply to post by badgerprints

Changing a law is simple. Amending the constitution...... Yeah, best of luck with that one.

It's not about being simple to do.

If an amendment needs to be changed and the citizens believe in the change then why should it be an issue?
It shouldn't be easy though.
The amendments as well as the constitution were meant to set a precedent and direct a nation.
It should be a serious issue that is taken very seriously by citizens and government.

That's the problem with the US now days.
Nobody takes anything seriously.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

starfoxxx

superman2012

starfoxxx
Quite comical tenth good thread, I needed a laugh. All I have to say is,

I'll pass....

The governator can't even keep it in his pants with a house maid while he had a beautiful rich wife and family.
A man that can't control his second head is a man that does not need to control the country.. Born here or not..

Did you happen to know that JFK is one of the most popular past presidents? Also Clinton is in the top ten. Obviously, affairs have no bearing on their ability to be POTUS otherwise I would've expected Bush Jr. and Obama to have a harem following them.

OH IM SO SORRY, asking for a morally right man that can stay faithful to his wife I think is NOT TO MUCH to ask of OUR president.. If they want to screw everything that walks then don't get married and make that commitment. That is the problem with the country, men with NO integrity in the white house and congress look how much this country has went down the crap hole.. Again if a man can't control his sexual urges, then I do NOT want him to control my country... I don't give one flying flip how popular, hip, or cool, they might be for screwing around on their wife! It's sick

Show me someone who is perfect and I'll show you a liar. There are men/women with no integrity everywhere. Sorry to burst your bubble.

As long as they would put their constituents first instead of corporations and their own greed I don't care if they find a turtle sexy.

Edit: There is a reason why it is called a "personal life". You have no business sticking your nose in it.
edit on 19-10-2013 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

MrWendal
Or will the lack of action taken against Obama be the rationalization for ignoring the Constitution?

What lack of action? As the court has declared, Obama is a natural born US citizen, and remember, every single stupid birther court case has failed, over 200 of them!

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

bozzchem
Arnie should have spent millions to hide his true identity like the current Imposter-in-Chief.

Another birther lie, care to show us these "millions" Obama has spent?

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

St Udio
he can seal his life history, including birth records & his migration to different locations in the world... seal off his College transcripts and his health records from public scrutiny....

Funny that, I just checked and your same records are sealed exactly the same way as Obama's are, and upon further checking your neighbours records, also the records of every member of Congress and every senator's records are also sealed...

Arnold should just avoid being vetted.... just like Obama has done & continues to do

Another birther lie, Obama was vetted, and even declared a natural born US citizen by the court! But do not let the facts stop your silly birther rant.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

When I was younger I thought about a day when Arnold could challenge the rule and run for Prez, and I thought it would be a good thing. But as time goes on and you learn a thing or 2 I realize it would not be a good thing and now I'm bothered this day dream has become a reality.
edit on 19-10-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

tothetenthpower
Well isn't that interesting?

So Arnold, may decide to go ahead and mount that challenge, let's see how that works out. I wonder if the GOP will support his bid considering all the flack birthers game Obama about it over the years?

I wonder if he's trying to pull a Ronald Reagan in a way, popular celebrity whose been in politics gets elected to the highest office in the land?

Sure will be interesting to watch.

~Tenth

Well, the "birthers" always hated Obama because he has African ethnicity, not because of where he was actually born (the actual evidence points to Hawaii). Few "birthers" would have any problem with Arnie, and I'll eat my words if that is the case and there is a second birther movement because of him. I know some of you will get super ticked at this, but that's because it's true and you know it.

Just for the record, there are a hundred real reasons I could come up with why Obama has been a bad president. None of them have anything to do with his birth certificate.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

pirhanna

tothetenthpower
Well isn't that interesting?

So Arnold, may decide to go ahead and mount that challenge, let's see how that works out. I wonder if the GOP will support his bid considering all the flack birthers game Obama about it over the years?

I wonder if he's trying to pull a Ronald Reagan in a way, popular celebrity whose been in politics gets elected to the highest office in the land?

Sure will be interesting to watch.

~Tenth

Well, the "birthers" always hated Obama because he has African ethnicity, not because of where he was actually born (the actual evidence points to Hawaii). Few "birthers" would have any problem with Arnie, and I'll eat my words if that is the case and there is a second birther movement because of him. I know some of you will get super ticked at this, but that's because it's true and you know it.

Just for the record, there are a hundred real reasons I could come up with why Obama has been a bad president. None of them have anything to do with his birth certificate.

I doubt "birthers" would have a problem with someone who admits to being from another country (nevermind the overused "race card" that the "truthers" always use).

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

yeah man....

a stacked & rigged court... with a presiding judge that is given the same tele-prompter responses that Øbama himself recites.

this administraton i suppose is even worse than the Clinton regime with their trail of tears/dead bodies of all those public servants that crossed-the-boss

...just kinda reflect what 'truth' is going tro come forth from a 'court' or 'judge' that has a executioners axe hanging above their head... i cite the abnormal number of 20-30 year Generals that barack hussein Øbama has Fired...sans any real, detailed explaination or cause for their dismissal...

your whole envelope of protection & defense of this Muslim, wanna-be dictator is unsustainable...

the man is unqualified, and an anti-constitutionalist...He needs fired instead of the fine american generals..
or the maltreat5ment of whistle-blowers in his regime or the dozens of SEAL Team members that met with death or helicopter crashes... this guy & the regime are scary !

Q; do the First daughters really wear Berkas

Wearing the berka', or niqab, or forehead veil by Muslim woman is not an obligation per religion.
or is that a false flag thing to explain how the FF is completely out of the picture
edit on 19-10-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

superman2012

I doubt "birthers" would have a problem with someone who admits to being from another country (nevermind the overused "race card" that the "truthers" always use).

That's not right in saying, the whole thrust of "birthers" is about a certain person not being legally fit for the office of POTUS, as per the constitution, and the constitution is specific about that, except there is no qualification as to where 'natural born citizen' is coming from in the constitution. It doesn't then matter what you think, or doubt, you first need to know what 'natural born citizen' is meant as in the constitution, and nobody really knows that for sure.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

I meant more the big fuss they created when Obama denied their claims. You wouldn't have that problem with Arnold.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

It won't happen. All considered, it's a bad idea to put an actor whose career has never depended on doing what's right in a position where genuine honor is the greatest asset.
edit on 19-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

You mean like Ronald Reagan?

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by GEmersonBiggins

I completely concur...which is why I make a point of entering these types of conversations, to help educate people to what the Constitution actually says, and to make the point that it makes a difference.

And I get to learn from other people as well.

Cheers,

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

You know what his catch phrase will be when he runs for his second term?
"I'll Be Back"......

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

The challenge is a waste of time and money. The Constitution must be changed to allow for him to run and I don't see that occurring anytime soon.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The American public is tired of all the usual suspects and whom ever backs them.
It's obvious everyone has become painfully aware of this.

I used to want Hillary to run, now, she's just another cog in the bull crap machine .
People like Ted Nugent, Jesse Ventura, and Ahhnold, all see an opportunity, and know what, i hope one of them wins. Anything is better than these conniving Republicrats who do nothing for the country anymore, but screw it up.
Ventura said he would ask Howard Stern to be his VP.
Works for me.
edit on 10/19/13 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Xcathdra

The challenge is a waste of time and money. The Constitution must be changed to allow for him to run and I don't see that occurring anytime soon.

Obama has violated Constitution numerous times since taking office.
I think the first second fourth fifth. It means nothing to him.
He now wants to rewrite the entire thing. He also ignores laws that apply to everyone else.
Why can't Arnie do the same?
What's good for the goose

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join