It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 199
<< 196  197  198    200  201  202 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
This is why I hate televised trials. The case becomes "about" everything it in the end is not about. Whether or not TM was in fact in some other circumstance involved in criminal activity is completely irrelevant. All that matters is TM is dead, Z shot-him., do you think that (regardless of how it escalated) was TM shot by Z in self-defense.

The only question (for the jury to decide) is ... was it "murder". All this testimony doesn't make it murder, just tragic death (with racial profiling overtones), maybe "man-slaughter". I don't know what the jury instructions are/will be when they go into deliberation. But, if they can consider a "man-slaughter" charge instead of "murder" charge I think it could go that way. If they can not consider man-slaughter, I suspect that "reasonable doubt" is going to weigh-in heavy for them and he will be acquitted.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

They dont want to lower the risk manslaughter i guess

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by bbracken677

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
reply to post by roadgravel

Neither was the police officer's prints on the gun even though GZ handed it to him. Must be the police wiping down the evidence, no?

Grasping at straws or trolling, what is it?

we all know the answer to that.
edit on 10-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Bob Dylan has really let himself go.

This should be interesting viewing.

ps. Or not, as the case turned out to be.
edit on 10-7-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
RECESS 15 minutes. Defense says no more witness. They will rest when they get back.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Anybody here think Zimmerman is getting ready to take the stand?

When the judge called for the Defense's next witness, O'Mara suggested that it was a good time for another break...

Me thinks to verify if George is ready to take the stand..

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

That would be a really odd move.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I really, really hope so. I think the state already has a slight lead, and if George takes the stand they are going to romp home

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

they will rest after recess... almost sounds like an oxymoron...

Also that was a lame attempt at humor.

so from how it looks right now, the jury should be handed the case sometime tomorrow/Friday correct?

If so... weekend verdict here we come.

I think the jury will be in and out of that room. they will deliberate for maybe a day max! Im pretty sure some of the jurors already made up their minds... at least after today.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by teamcommander

One witness claimed a person could live @10 -20 seconds after their heart was ripped out. I have cut an enemies throat in combat and they died right away. I would think the sudden drop of blood pressure from such a massive blood loss would negate any "reserves" which may be held in the brain. A gun shot to the chest should be very similar. I do not consider this witness statements very credible.

Baloney

I suppose that is why people who are beheaded with a guillotine appear to be screaming after the head is severed?

Methinks movies showing throats cut and instant "death" are contributing to this perception.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

highly doubt that he'd take the stand. he already has interview video. Going on the stand now will hurt more than help IMO.

One word slip-up, the prosecution will pounce on it like a lion hunting a slow zerba.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
Anybody here think Zimmerman is getting ready to take the stand?

That would be an insane thing to do. He has already 'testified' with his 5 testimonies he gave on tape, like with the Hannity TV show and the Serino tape that Zimmerman walked everyone through what happened.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I think the state already has a slight lead, ...

Oh man ....

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

That would be a really odd move.

The defense team would have to be total bone-heads to put Z. on the stand. The next thing you know they will be making stupid jokes on the record ... oh wait.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

I really, really hope so. I think the state already has a slight lead, and if George takes the stand they are going to romp home

Slight lead

You sure you ain't watching a different case. Zimmerman should have to pay the prosecution for given him such a good defense.

Peace

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

You really cannot be so dense as to ignore all of the reasonable doubt... Anyways I am glad such bias is not on the jury.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Minus

They dont want to lower the risk manslaughter i guess

I don't think the prosecution get's to decide that. Typically it's the Judge. But, if the Judge is running for office, they probably don't want the lower conviction to happen on their watch. But, not allowing for it might botch the whole job and blow any conviction.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
they will rest after recess... almost sounds like an oxymoron...

The defense doesn't have to rest .. they haven't had to work for this .. the state has handed it to them. Either that, or they are working their tails off and are just not letting us see them sweat.

weekend verdict here we come.

If the state has rebuttal, it could go longer. But I can't see much of a rebuttal.
They've lost. Just pack it up and finish it .. ya' know??

Anyways ... the question is ... when the 'not guilty' verdict comes in, will there be
unrest and how widespread? It's the heat of summer and the inner cities don't need
much to push them over the edge ....

The media has hyped this up .. if there is any unrest it will be their fault.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

people have made up their minds before the trial has even started. they'll make excuses in their own minds to fit their naive narrative of the event. they'll see whatever they want to see even if its not there.

I started off thinking it was manslaughter.. now not at all... I've been watching the case since day one. taking in all the facts of the case. the amount of reasonable doubt is like a 800 lb Gorilla in the room. you'd have to be blind or ignorant to miss it.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
This whole trial has been like watching train wreck I have tried to not watch but damn its so bad I have to.

This should have never gone to trial anyone with a lick of sense knows it.

new topics

top topics

<< 196  197  198    200  201  202 >>

join