It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] A *NEW* Window of Opportunity: Ask, and ye shall receive.[HOAX]

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Initiate

That last bit there was rather egotistical. Not picking a fight, just pointing out inconsistencies that may serve to undermine the message you are attempting to convey. Like I said, explaining exactly how you know what you know and why you've come to ATS with it, of all places, would help us to understand your approach and mentality concerning the information you are imparting. Part of determining the authenticity of our sources is understanding exactly where it comes from and why it's going where it's going.

Just as a random phone call does not convince us that we are meant to save the world, a random user on a conspiracy forum is not going to convince us that their message is important unless we know the mechanisms driving the exchange.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I think I know who you are Initiate, as I have read some of the very same ideas and concepts before. Its very, very familiar. Or maybe you are another member of the same brotherhood. Anyway, I'm only on page 2 of the thread so I am catching up, but I am enjoying your responses so far.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Initiate, do you subscribe to the theory that an individual's trajectory in life is preordained, or are we masters of our own destiny?

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

My background covers the sciences and philosophy (mathematics and logic in particular -- and no, don't bring your math homework to me; I will ignore it), spirituality (this is a vague word, so I will simply call it 'esoterics' -- although this too is vague, as there is a particular branch of Esoterics I specialize in, which I will not discuss right now), and I have also interests in economics, psychology, occult arts (including magic), literature (Tolkien [a surprisingly deep fellow indeed], Bulwer Lytton, Shakespeare) and some peculiar things here and there. This covers both my academic and recreational background. That being said, however, there is only one superior method of inquiry that is the essential one: the esoteric method. Esoterics is superior to science (not to mention philosophy) and even superior to the so-called 'exact' science of mathematics. I am being objective about these matters, and I would appreciate if you could throw out your personal, emotional predilections for the duration of our time together.

Hmmm....strangely your comments are eerily similar to this language from Wikipedia.

So much so...it could be that you just copied it.

The occult (from the Latin word occultus "clandestine, hidden, secret") is "knowledge of the hidden".[1] In common English usage, occult refers to "knowledge of the paranormal", as opposed to "knowledge of the measurable",[2][3] usually referred to as science. The term is sometimes taken to mean knowledge that "is meant only for certain people" or that "must be kept hidden", but for most practicing occultists it is simply the study of a deeper spiritual reality that extends beyond pure reason and the physical sciences.[4] The terms esoteric and arcane have very similar meanings, and the three terms are interchangeable.[5][6]

It also describes a number of magical organizations or orders, the teachings and practices taught by them, and to a large body of current and historical literature and spiritual philosophy related to this subject.
en.wikipedia.org...

Which, not to say that we would not discuss Occultism, but rather that your post is not
that original, and it seems to be a mish mash of esoteric jumbo.

edit on 3-6-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

An interesting observation: of all the ATS topics that boast a habit of sharing the spotlight, threads of this variety are right up there with them. For being hoaxes, people sure do love to wallow in it.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Yes, its a nice trick they use...whomever "they" are. You certainly nailed that.

How else are we to understand the similarty to the Wikipedia article on The Occult?
Maybe Mr. Initiate authored that too? Highly doubtful.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The sheer number of people who come in here just to say ''this is a hoax, why isn't this deleted, blah blah'' is ridiculous.

If you don't like the message or conversation, it is VERY simple: Go to another thread.

Just because some of us have open minds and would like to hear what he has to say, that doesn't make us blind children who need you guys to hold our hands.

We can decide for ourselves if something he conveys is of importance to us. Thank you.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by inval

This is ATS, all threads are subject to as much scutiny as they can stand up under,
and if they fail that test, they fail in the eyes of the members.

Its that simple.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Can you tell us about how your daily life routine or daily activities differ from someone who knows absolutely nothing about what you know? I mean, obviously, since you're human, common things between you and the proposed person would be everything humans do from eating, drinking, and all our daily usual things. What is it that you do in your day, regardless of how often you do it, that you know for sure someone who doesn't possess the knowledge you have would never ever do?

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I am aware that scrutiny and skepticism is a valuable tool in rooting out hoaxes and the like. However, simply hopping in the thread to say ''THIS GUY IS A RIP OFF, HOAX HOAX" is doing nothing to contribute to the conversation.

If people have a problem with it, and feel the need to type something, at least make it a question that can be answered in the future. (which some people have, and I appreciate).

My last post was directed at those who simply post 1 liners or something similar, that are only there to derail the conversation.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by inval

We can't ,we want to know the truth of things so we ask based on what WE understand.I am not cutting ANYONE down here I asked questions pertaining to a select few who would know it.
Anyone who claims to be "Darker than hitler" and a counter group to the Illuminati would know how to answer.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by inval

I am aware that scrutiny and skepticism is a valuable tool in rooting out hoaxes and the like.

Yes, and plagerism, what appears that it could be very well diluted plagerism at that.

Copies and pastes from Wikpedia are not a coversation, albeit they are esotericially evaisive
enough to almost seem as one.

"Esoteric" is in its essence, can be equated to mysticism especially when it claims to pertain to
spiritual aspects which can not be defined by proven knowledge, or verified experiences,
only leaving ones personal interpretation, or even more mystical, ones "secret" knowledge
that cannot be divulged.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I don't know if Initiate is simply missing my posts, or ignoring them entirely. Either way, s/he has failed to provide a complete background giving us reason to take him/her seriously. You'd think that would be the first step, right? That's what everyone else does. "My name is blah blah, I was part of such and such a program from this date to that date, and me experiences as a result of that time period were blippity blah which revealed to me this that and the other thing and I feel because of the implications - which I will explain later - I am morally obligated due to these specific events which convinced me we should all be concerned about the information I was given."

But none of that here. Strange, that. Without any verifiable background, we have no way of determining the legitimacy of this person's accessibility to the information they claim to have. Surely they have some way of proving to us that they're the real deal, right? It can't be that hard. They must know all kinds of verification processes. Secrecy is a part of their gig, right?

What am I missing here?
edit on 3-6-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

reply to post by Initiate

Before I continue: Look at the world around you, and ask yourself, "what is my world filled with? What is it, that I receive from my media, my political leaders, my family, friends, co-workers...? Is it attraction, or is it mainly repulsion? Who could benefit from this the most? Me and my family, or those, who have a vested interest in harvesting my lowly repulsive vibrations for their own purposes? Hmmm."

Well, I don't know about all that Black Magician stuff, but exactly what you just explained above is indeed what is occuring. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
You know, there is a certain tension of gangster AI and salvation theology. It is ironic that most every life form has a story of the One to come, the Christ, and the rest is snake oil, mostly for humans.

Maybe there is a small remnant of the blood, the story, the knowledge, that refuses to be in the family. Maybe that is not something to be proud of, just living with the lost, and paying a price for not being upper management.

Even monsters, and those not quite human, change, and want mercy, not some damned scheme that buries this any deeper, as if that were possible. I wish testimony helped more than it seems to, any child could grasp that.

It was never about the human species, really. Just trying to save everything, even the most "sentient", and stubborn. Certain ones ride into the sunset, that sky is on fire, up or down, you make the call.

link   
Okay, I read the first post and thought this could be interesting so I posted a few questions. Then I read the threa.d. I am somewhat disappointed.

This looks like the kgnow show. I don't know if I will be back for my answers.
edit on 3-6-2013 by cry93 because: (no reason given)

link   
From what little I've read so far, a decent amount of what Initiate has to say seems to be agreeable to those of us who are awake and conscientious enough. Who wants to argue with the usual guru-esque, syrupy generalities that are (by definition) always short on the tangible and practical? Such talk is a dime a dozen and can be found in many places on the web, particularly in the last 10-15 years, that I've seen numerous times.

I only hope that, if there is ever Contact with "ET" or whomever of the unseen, aside from how cataclysmically violent the event is seemingly likely to be (at least initially), it will be impeccably specific and scientific, presenting only the most solid proof, objective reality, so that it won't be even SLIGHTLY possible for ego-driven (or whatever other) guru types to start a new #ing religion or cult. We've had FAR more than our share of that nonsense already, to understate it. We need a truly NEW world order, not an even more monstrous version of the existing order that's most often REFERRED to mistakenly as the NWO.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

"Black Magician" stuff is mainly a two pronged assault - one is preparing them and their forces, the other is weakening us and ours. What's called "magic" is simply altering the thought structure with the purpose of engineering the subconscious layout of our intentions in order to ensure that all of our behavior is enacted with a specific purpose in mind. But that's just the start of it.

The "black" part comes into play when you employ such methods for your own gain instead of for the good of th community. Service to self, all that stuff.

edit on 3-6-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

I don't know if Initiate is simply missing my posts, or ignoring them entirely. Either way, s/he has failed to provide a complete background giving us read to take him/her seriously. You'd think that would be the first step, right?

Yes, for someone legitimate. However, the very vague and seemingly copy and past OP
is just enough to evade that, circumvent that validation step and lure in those
unsuspecting ones....keeps the thread going long enough to get flags and stars
and then its 10 pages full of absolutely nothing.

Seen it a hundered times, right?

And they are all about 90% realted to Occult (oh its all hidden
and so very esoteric) or about aliens.

Secrecy is a part of their gig, right?

What am I missing here?

Secrecy is the large part of the intrugue, I dont think you missing anything.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Ok, I'm not saying I don't appreciate you looking at the wiki and seeing the similarities in his post. However, even if this guy does turn out to be full of it, and sent to the hoax been, does it really matter how many flags and stars he gets before it happens?

Stars and Flags mean nothing. Who cares if he builds up a large number of them before the rest of us find out he has nothing new to share.

The fact is, even in conversations like this, where the guy may or may not have any thing of value to give us, we can still learn something. Be it about ourselves, or others.

I have never figured out why people get so upset that an apparent 'hoax' thread has received stars and flags, when in the end, those things don't matter at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join