It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Probe Finds Ice and Organics on Mercury!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by atopsecret
reply to post by andy06shake

No its rotation is identical to the suns so one side always faces the sun & one side never does. One side is the hottest place in the solar system and the other side is the coldest. There are dark places close to hot places where the temperatures are more moderate.

Mercury has a 58.6 day rotation, and a 88 day orbit. not quite tidal lock but close...
and while Mercury has the slightest axis tilts, its orbital eccentricity is the greatest. Mercury has seasons...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
so water on mercury... the planet closest to sun... and stuff seem to appear arround the sun all the time... one could only hope!

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

if this is possible...

then why not on our own moon....?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by atopsecret
reply to post by andy06shake

No its rotation is identical to the suns so one side always faces the sun & one side never does. One side is the hottest place in the solar system and the other side is the coldest. There are dark places close to hot places where the temperatures are more moderate.

Radar observations in 1965 proved that the planet has a 3:2 spin–orbit resonance, rotating three times for every two revolutions around the Sun; the eccentricity of Mercury’s orbit makes this resonance stable—at perihelion, when the solar tide is strongest, the Sun is nearly still in Mercury’s sky.

Ice on Mercury exists at the bottom of craters in the polar regions, where the Sun can never reach. Same thing with the Moon. www.nasa.gov...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   

where are all the ATS members who routinely scream " i dont believe anything NASA says " ?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

like a hula-hoop

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
iv'e said this before and i'll say it again....

i'm not going to dig up all the data i used to spew over and over regarding this you have to dig it up yourself.. but it's all there...

Yale grad head of naval observatory's dept of astrological mechanics wrote an award winning paper suggesting that mercury could have been an old satellite of Venus.

the dimensions of mercury are almost identical to our moon and our planet's dimensions almost identical to Venus...

possibly they could merge again..

given enough advancement of any intelligent species after enough time and development.. a species could re-merge the two via their own will through technology.

fun.stuff.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Haven't We've always been told Mercury was hot as hell. Its too close to the sun to be habitable. Blablabla.

I'm fairly sure they've lied about Venus and Mars as well. Venus supposedly has nitric acid and sulfuric acid in large quantities in the atmosphere, and is even hotter than Mercury because of a runaway greenhouse effect (probably from cars and factories..JK). The whole greenhouse effect always sounded like propaganda to me, to scare us into thinking that's how Earth will end up.

Infact a couple of landers have been sent to Venus and they show a couple photos of the ground because the camera is melting off the lander. But you'd think the camera would melt much before what it's mounted to, wouldn't you? WTF?

And the greenhouse effect is BS anyway, planets radiate heat out into space, they don't trap it all in....

My theory? Venus and Mars and Earth are all inhabited. I figured those Venus missions continued on in secret. I've never remotely considered Mercury being inhabited though.

And you could land a lander on Antarctica and say, "Oh, my, Earth is uninhabitable. It's so cold here! Blablabla!"
edit on 1-12-2012 by phroziac because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I think this is just a deflection story, to turn eyes away from Mars (big announcement)!

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Not much as wild as much as stupid men finding something they thought is impossible in their small minds. Not directed to you or to anyone on this thread.

I already knew this, because of one fact; Every planet is habitable and hollow.

If NASA is just announcing this, then they should of announced it 50 years ago, when someone actually went there off the books.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomCommander

Why would you think all of the planets are hollow?

What physics would explain that? What measurable data shows this?

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TommyD1966

Has anyone found the North pole? Or the South pole?

Admiral Byrd did a exploration to find them, only to find that they are opening. Just look him up.

To add to the note, If these opening didn't exist, we will all be dead. To paint it into a clearer picture, what happens when a capacitor exceeds it voltage limit? It blows up.

Still don't believe me? Ok, then tell me this, how is it possible for scientists to work a 56-hour working-sleeping cycle while in a 8 mile deep cave? An article in Weekly World News, April 6, 1982. Russian scientist who spent 71 days in one of the world's deepest caves, located in the Abkhazia Mountains in the Soviet Union. They experienced increased vitality, less fatigue, and a natural change from the normal 24-hour working-sleeping cycle to a 55-hour cycle.

might also want to refer to Edwin S. Grew. He argues the point that Earth is hollow and that it's impossible for the center to molten rock because the Earth doesn't weigh enough.
edit on 1-12-2012 by FreedomCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Not that I'm always like the outcome of people who oppose the opposite ,But debunking is not always the rightfull term to use by the names you refer to . Most of the times those guys come with very aplausible information that we have to consider fact. So yes I don't mind if they tell us their version of the facts...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by RooskiZombi
This to me, is much more exciting than Mars! Unbelievable. It seems that we are uncovering more and more incredible things about our universe at an increasingly faster rate!

Most probably bought to Mercury via Comets!!!

Silly you.

On the subject of planets...... anyone know why Uranus and Venus rotate clockwise while the rest rotate anti-clockwise??

Could something that huge have bumped into these two planets a long time ago?? I dont buy it, would of had to be enormous!!
edit on 1-12-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomCommander
reply to post by TommyD1966

Has anyone found the North pole? Or the South pole?

Admiral Byrd did a exploration to find them, only to find that they are opening. Just look him up.

To add to the note, If these opening didn't exist, we will all be dead. To paint it into a clearer picture, what happens when a capacitor exceeds it voltage limit? It blows up.

Still don't believe me? Ok, then tell me this, how is it possible for scientists to work a 56-hour working-sleeping cycle while in a 8 mile deep cave? An article in Weekly World News, April 6, 1982. Russian scientist who spent 71 days in one of the world's deepest caves, located in the Abkhazia Mountains in the Soviet Union. They experienced increased vitality, less fatigue, and a natural change from the normal 24-hour working-sleeping cycle to a 55-hour cycle.

might also want to refer to Edwin S. Grew. He argues the point that Earth is hollow and that it's impossible for the center to molten rock because the Earth doesn't weigh enough.
edit on 1-12-2012 by FreedomCommander because: (no reason given)

What do you mean? The north and south poles have been visited tons of times--unless hundreds of people are lying.

But not just that, commercial ariline flights go over the north pole all off the time (for example United flight #89 from Newark to Beijing goes right over the north pole) I've never heard anyone say that there is an opening/hole.

How big are these holes?

All satellite pictures, from every country that has circumpolar satellites, are faked?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

I wonder what makes people like you think this way. Are your theories based on any kind of science? Or are you simply opposed to science and ready to come up with any alternative theories, as long as they are alternative?

jra

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
Haven't We've always been told Mercury was hot as hell. Its too close to the sun to be habitable. Blablabla.

The surface temperature that exposed to the Sun is hot, yes. The lack of any substantial atmosphere is what really makes it uninhabitable.

Infact a couple of landers have been sent to Venus and they show a couple photos of the ground because the camera is melting off the lander. But you'd think the camera would melt much before what it's mounted to, wouldn't you? WTF?

Perhaps you should look up the Venera program to see and understand how they were designed and built to withstand the heat for a limited time.

And the greenhouse effect is BS anyway, planets radiate heat out into space, they don't trap it all in....

It depends on how thick the atmosphere is and Venus has a very thick/dense atmosphere.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Boom, the bible is wrong.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Looks like an Earth-centric view of life is on the verge of receiving a....

FATALITY

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaExplorer15
Boom, the bible is wrong.

Like a supposed Space Agency should be signed with every occult and Freemasonic imagery known to pagan man, and yet, we take it for granted that truth is at their core. Geez. Science really has convinced us that it's the world's truth now. Unfortunately, you and I will never be in a position to prove what they tell us. You either go along with the world and agree with it, or you look to God and let Him show you exactly what's going on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join