It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Probe Finds Ice and Organics on Mercury!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

Seriously man? There's a color bar on the older pictures to calibrate the camera. Right on the picture. We used these when I worked in a print shop to help set the color up. The color bars weren't the right color on the mis-colored pictures. The blue parts on the bar are red in these pictures. It's not from a dust storm either.

How come pictures from Curiosity look a lot like earth, and the sky is blue, not red Hmmmmm? Maybe because that's what it looks like?

Why would the sky be red? Is the sky green and brown on Earth? No.

Uhm.....

And Venus? The first pictures of Venus from Magellan weren't photographs! They were radar generated, therefore any color on them is fake. Funny how they picked a color that makes it look like a hellhole.

Every orange picture from Venus has DRASTIC differences in the color. Hmmmm.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenJack
Our solar System maybe a little more crowded than we though. Now lets just make sure these microbes and possible ocean dwelling organic lifeforms understand who the top dog is in this neighborhood.

I sincerely hope that is a joke. It's exactly that type of thinking that has made Earth the absolute wreck of a planet that it is.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac

Seriously man? There's a color bar on the older pictures to calibrate the camera. Right on the picture. We used these when I worked in a print shop to help set the color up. The color bars weren't the right color on the mis-colored pictures. The blue parts on the bar are red in these pictures. It's not from a dust storm either.

How come pictures from Curiosity look a lot like earth, and the sky is blue, not red Hmmmmm? Maybe because that's what it looks like?

Why would the sky be red? Is the sky green and brown on Earth? No.

Uhm.....

And Venus? The first pictures of Venus from Magellan weren't photographs! They were radar generated, therefore any color on them is fake. Funny how they picked a color that makes it look like a hellhole.

Every orange picture from Venus has DRASTIC differences in the color. Hmmmm.

On raw images from Curiosity, the sky and the rest of the environment is orange, due to the dust as I mentioned. Here's another raw image as an example: photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...
For published articles and news releases, the images are often colour-balanced to show how it would look on Earth. You can find hundreds of raw images from Curiosity here: mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

The sky and the environment on Earth can also become red if there's a dust storm.
lauratj.blogspot.co.uk...
farm8.staticflickr.com...

Yes, I mentioned that images of Venus are based on radar data. They decided to give it red colour. Why do you think it's some kind of nefarious plot to mislead us? I'm sure there is solid scientific data that establishes what temperatures Venus has. And as I also mentioned, the real colour of venusian surface is shown to be reddish in the Soviet Venera image.

ATS thread on this topic: www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you're claiming that Venus isn't a hellhole, how about presenting scientific evidence to support this? Same goes for Mercury: you claim it has a thick atmosphere? show some evidence. All available scientific evidence points to it having only traces of it.
edit on 2-12-2012 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Starwater.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I didn't say Venus isn't a hellhole. I said I don't believe it is. But I don't have proof of such, so it's not a point i'm trying to argue. Venus is slightly yellowish. It sure does seem like some kind of nefarious plot to mislead us..

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

It sure does seem like some kind of nefarious plot to mislead us..

About what?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomCommander
reply to post by TommyD1966

the holes are over 1600 miles in diameter.

As for the pilots, you might want to listen to this guy's account.

[snip]

Looking over this, the plane misses it by a lot. An average persons unhindered field of view is about 2 miles, they are out of site of the egress by a couple thousand miles.

The location of the Northern Egress is in the Northern part of Canada, question arises, why don't they reverse their path? Can you answer the question on this, if you will please.

Since your a new guy around here, I have a standard towards government words; Never trust them.

[more snippage]

Well that guy tells an interesting story, that's really all it is - a story. Maybe the pilot was screwing around with him. There seem to be a lot more stories of people who DID fly over the north pole, so I suppose their stories have as much credibility as this guy's.

And yes, not all circumpolar flights will go directly over the north pole, but they sure get closer than 800 miles, unless all of the flight tracking software is wrong -- and this isn't government software.

Not sure what your question is about the reverse path -- if you mean it is different than the originating flight, my guess it has to do w/ ETOPS restrictions. They are still trying to get as close as possible to a great circle arc to save fuel.

And not all satellites are government satellites, either. And even if they were, I don't see why, if there are holes at the poles, it would need to be hidden from anyone.

Thanks.

edit on 2-12-2012 by TommyD1966 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TommyD1966

When I meant by reverse the path, I meant "Why not go through Canada and over to the western part, then over Alaska, and straight into Beijing than fly over Europe?"

The egresses, you can't block them. At all. Why? If they were blocked, you will kill everyone. Most satellites are government owned or owned by someone who put them up there.

If these egresses didn't exist, then the compass wouldn't exist as well, since that is it's main way of telling North, by magnetic lines.

Um. I'm trying to understand your point, what is your point, again?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

About what?

Intentionally mis-coloring images to make Mars look like the sky is red and to make Venus look like the ground has widespread lava flows

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Intentionally mis-coloring images to make Mars look like the sky is red and to make Venus look like the ground has widespread lava flows

Why would whether Venus had lava flows or not be of any consequence?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Mercury is probably hospitable to life's precursors and various types of microbes, even at its highest temps.
An autoclave tends to sanitize between 350 and 450 Celsius. Prion (rogue amino acids / proteins) pathogens require up to 750 Celsius to sanitize.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

When I meant by reverse the path, I meant "Why not go through Canada and over to the western part, then over Alaska, and straight into Beijing than fly over Europe?"

Because it is longer than flying over the Pole, Siberia and then Mongolia to reach China due to the great circle effect as seen in this air route mapping program. As shown, the quickest route to Hong Kong from Kennedy airport in New York is by overflying the North Pole.

Fly a more 'direct route' via Honolulu results in more than an additional 2,500 miles being added to the flight plan.

edit on 2-12-2012 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Yeah, I already knew you can't go direct line, else you'll have to have to make a stop.

The first link just looks like someone decided not to do the math, which I find kind of poor. But oh well, that's their view not mine.

Plus, the North Pole is a phantom pole, you can't see it. It's not a pole at all, more like a large hole.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

About what?

Venus does have lava flows, as seen by the Magellan radar. apod.nasa.gov...

Not all of Venus radar images are coloured red, many are b&w or rainbow colours to indicate emissivity.
photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...
Magellan radar images of Venus

P.S. I found the explanation for the false orange colour: "The simulated hues are based on color images recorded by the Soviet Venera 13 and 14 spacecraft."
www.nasa.gov...
photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 3-12-2012 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
told you so

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by VelvetSplash

I'm pretty sure it was meant as a joke...and it made me laugh, too! You guys have to relax, sometimes :-) Don't see evil everywhere. 'cause that, too, has contributed to the worse mankind can be.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

The first link just looks like someone decided not to do the math, which I find kind of poor. But oh well, that's their view not mine.

The first and second links are from the same page and are accurate. How is the math not correct? Be specific.

Plus, the North Pole is a phantom pole, you can't see it. It's not a pole at all, more like a large hole.

Arctic routes 1 and 2 fly almost directly over the geographic north pole. Where is the hole?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
awsome news

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

It would be a surprise that Venus has grassland and is livable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join