It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top neurosurgeon 'spent six days in heaven' during a coma

page: 22
<< 19  20  21   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarshMallow_Snake
reply to post by GafferUK1981

Well, what if there is a God and this happens because God wants more people to believe and not fear dying?

We made up god so we wouldnt be afraid of dying and still we are. A real god would not need to play mind games with people. It would simply state this as the truth with words and actions that would leave no doubt. You know like when your parents or a teacher says this or that will happen if you misbehave and you know its the truth and you dont need to be convinced of it because the teacher or your parent is real and can take the action they speak of. If god were real, it would be as real as that parent or teacher and there would be no doubt. But no, the gods of the men of earth are tricksters and decievers and leave it all to belief. One would think that omnipotence would be beyond such games. The gods of men are petulant children demanding attention and belief. If god were real it would make sure that everyone knew it and there would be no doubt. If I were god I would sure not leave this to chance or belief. Lets put it this way, my children never doubt my love for them or that I will protect them in any way that is demanded of me. They dont have to beg or implore me to do this, I do it out of real love. But you have to beg and plead and pray to get anything out of god.
edit on 22-10-2012 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
I ignore NDE stories if they are infused with contemporary religious words and opinions and I make no exception in the case of this doctor. Its my opinion that he made poor choices in using descriptors like heaven and angels and as a result his story is too colored by his pre-concieved beliefs on the afterlife to be taken as evidence.

He could have used many other words in place of them, but I think he sprinkled them in there knowing it would taint a pure playback of what he claimed to witness to increase book sales in a predominantly Christian nation in which it will be sold.

I always wondered... some people have NDE about Jesus, Buddha, Allah, Mohamed, etc. What's that tell us? We have our own heaven? We go towards that "religion?" We are culturally made to think that way therefore we saw it because subconsciously we expect to see it? Beats me...

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by chelle21689

Originally posted by Frith
I ignore NDE stories if they are infused with contemporary religious words and opinions and I make no exception in the case of this doctor. Its my opinion that he made poor choices in using descriptors like heaven and angels and as a result his story is too colored by his pre-concieved beliefs on the afterlife to be taken as evidence.

He could have used many other words in place of them, but I think he sprinkled them in there knowing it would taint a pure playback of what he claimed to witness to increase book sales in a predominantly Christian nation in which it will be sold.

I always wondered... some people have NDE about Jesus, Buddha, Allah, Mohamed, etc. What's that tell us? We have our own heaven? We go towards that "religion?" We are culturally made to think that way therefore we saw it because subconsciously we expect to see it? Beats me...

I read somewhere that whatever our earthly beliefs are, that is what we will see upon entering the other side so we can have the best possible transition without fear. Then "the rest of the story" is shown as we adjust into the other realm.
I can't verify this as truth, but it does seem to make sense since so many people report different types of NDEs.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Did ANYONE in this 22 page thread ever read Eben's book or listen to a video of his?

I listened to his story and I think a few points need to be made regarding the girl and the butterfly.

I searched to see if anyone made a thread on Eben's story and I see a few, this being one of them.

I do want to convey a few points about his experience. This is proof a NDE is more than brain activity.... NDE or OBE sends a person OUT of the earthly realm into another reality.

Dr. Eben, when in his NDE state of awareness realized after four months back home recovering and researching that the beautiful woman on the butterfly with him who was talking to him and teaching him was his deceased birth sister he had never met and only saw a picture of her when trying to figure out who this beautiful girl was in his NDE. After contacting his birth family, getting pictures of the family he knew.... this was her.

Her family (his birth family) described his deceased sister as an angel to the those around her and animals. She even volunteered at a rape center. She was truly and angel on Earth as she is in Heaven.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
This is all hearsay from a man with an already gullible and ill-informed mind.

Sam harris did a great article on all the flaws in this.

www.samharris.org...

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Thankyou God for allowing a rational ,logical and informed scientist to return with his testimony

of the TRUTH
Hallelujah

SHALOM ATS

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
From the article:

His forthcoming book

Book? so he has actual proof of an afterlife, and instead of sharing this freely on the net, and altering the entire worlds view...
he wants to cash in.

Guess heaven has gotten lax in its messaging.

Anyhow, in a dream, you can live a week in a few minutes before waking up.

Mom had a NDE...and she didn't see streaming transparent people..she seen solid people, and she wasn't in fluffy cloudville..she was on a beach. So..ya.

But by all means, read the book.

he's a neurosurgeon. he doesn't need money. things on the net only get a fraction of the attention that published books do. publishers get the most money for books, and i'd question their motives, but it's illogical to say he is motivated by money. the top 10% of neurosurgeons earn over 1 million a year!

reality isn't as solid as it appears. i think everyone who has a near death experience is shown what they personally need to see, but one thing remains through them all: unconditional love.

if god himself showed up in this day and age people would still cry fake.

one last point: with the same breath people claim that it is our lack of scientific knowledge that keeps us from understanding this event, they also accept something like evolution without question. why can't you see that your beliefs don't matter? only the truth matters.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
This is all hearsay from a man with an already gullible and ill-informed mind.

Sam harris did a great article on all the flaws in this.

www.samharris.org...

have you even read that article? "science on the brink of death" goes on to state that "even if these people learned facts that they couldn't have possibly known, but were verified later, it might just be evidence of telepathy or extra sensory perception"

really? the oh-so-scientific counter is "well maybe it was just telepathy combined with time travel", but there is definitely no afterlife. (and before you say that time travel isn't mentioned, it would be a prerequisite for learning something from a dead relative if there was no afterlife)

people will convince themselves of anything to avoid the truth

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

Originally posted by SaturnFX
From the article:

His forthcoming book

Book? so he has actual proof of an afterlife, and instead of sharing this freely on the net, and altering the entire worlds view...
he wants to cash in.

Guess heaven has gotten lax in its messaging.

Anyhow, in a dream, you can live a week in a few minutes before waking up.

Mom had a NDE...and she didn't see streaming transparent people..she seen solid people, and she wasn't in fluffy cloudville..she was on a beach. So..ya.

But by all means, read the book.

he's a neurosurgeon. he doesn't need money. things on the net only get a fraction of the attention that published books do. publishers get the most money for books, and i'd question their motives, but it's illogical to say he is motivated by money. the top 10% of neurosurgeons earn over 1 million a year!

reality isn't as solid as it appears. i think everyone who has a near death experience is shown what they personally need to see, but one thing remains through them all: unconditional love.

if god himself showed up in this day and age people would still cry fake.

one last point: with the same breath people claim that it is our lack of scientific knowledge that keeps us from understanding this event, they also accept something like evolution without question. why can't you see that your beliefs don't matter? only the truth matters.

Long story short, a NDE, some of it is understandable and science..some of it is a bit of a mystery...but a life after death hypothesis is unknown and currently with no method to test it
So, any subjective experiences of it from people whom came close to death is just an account that could be nothing more than brain misfirings and other sorts..or could be something paranormal..but neither claim can be at the moment fully substantiated.

So, someone saying that the truth of it is or isn't matter of factly is full of BS. The best they can do is try as accurately as possible lay out their experience, which is fine, and then suggest let the people make their own minds up given no evidence to support anything..just a story of dragons..be it real, fake, or misunderstood.

What do I believe happens to our "soul" when we die? I don't know. I would -like- to think this is not the end, but I like to think many things...my desires has little to do with actual truth, so I keep them in check when seeking out objective facts...else I might as well believe in anything..Unicorns and all sorts.

Evolution does not require belief btw..it is a understanding of our current findings...its not a laymans theory, its a scientific theory..very different.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
I do believe that there is a soul and there is part that continues existence after death.
But!
A) Coma is not death.
B) Nobody goes to hell anymore
? All near death experience guys describe heaven,so i suspect it is some form of trauma managing mechanism of the brain.
But who knows, i could be wrong.

God is all forgiving. Why would anyone ever go to hell? Almost got booted from Catholic grade school 40 years ago for this type of thinking. \

One explanation for all this is that when we die, we ourselves determine our own individual afterlife. if you think it is heaven then you go to heaven, if you think hell, then hell it is. If you think you will come back as a snake, then you will. Heh, if only people knew what to wish for, they could skip all these steps and end up at a much higher existence than the Christian heaven.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Thread Update

The 'Proof of Heaven' Author Has Now Been Thoroughly Debunked by Science

This is new. Very interesting indeed! Looks like proof of heaven is back to square one (no proof) !

I agree with the OP that it really surprised me and made me wonder when the story (and his book) broke...

and I did watch him on TV and such...I (at the time) believe "he" believe what he was relating to us.

When Dr. Eben Alexander wrote his book it seems that he conveniently forgot a few small damning details that are now coming back to haunt him, for lack of a better word. The coma he says he fell into during his severe illness was apparently medically-induced and the doctor who induced his coma says so herself. She also says that at no point was Alexander "dead" but rather conscious and just "delirious" as he overcame his illness, meaning that his experiences were likely a product of that. The most amazing aspect of this whole incident is that Alexander didn't consider anyone else might come forward with their version of events including medical evidence.

source: The anomalist and www.theatlanticwire.com...

top topics

<< 19  20  21   >>

join