It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live Link thread for all who want to watch The rover tonight..

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Here they go mentioning our nation again... hmmmm

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I want to see the trees and cities

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Rastafari

Can anyone tell me what they studied to become what they are?

Engineering. And everything it entails.
edit on 8/6/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Very patriotic speech, it's all about the super power of America, no one else. Not a feat for humanity, just America.

m'kay.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by thetiler

They're NASA, what do you expect? I say we give them nothing, UNTIL they reveal the exciting stuff, i.e E.T life. If there's really nothing exciting, well then, why should we fund them? Why waste billions just to look at a bunch of pictures of rocks?

Practically, you cannot colonize Mars.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by np6888

If there's really nothing exciting, well then, why should we fund them?

To find out if there is anything "exciting".
Oh, and because exploration is cool, and exciting.

If you don't like pictures of rocks, don't look at them.
edit on 8/6/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Raw images
Raw images are up but not a heck of a lot to look at.... yet!

Was looking over the image of the wheel, I think they caught the side of the mountain in Gale Crater. Not sure but was just playing around with image settings.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by shadowland8

This isn't Star Trek and the federation - it's NASA. Funded by the American tax payer. NASA are proud of their achievements and recognise that none of past 8 1/2 months, or the entire NASA history, would have been possible without the US tax payers support. NASA will need funding for future missions and this is how you start to secure that money.

Absolutely fantastic achievement and incredible feat of engineering. Well done NASA

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Awesome, awesome,awesome!
Just wanted to thank the op for a great thread
Been a blast sharing this with you all
Next few days should be very interesting as the data pours in

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I wonder if they are going to do this all night. I love watching this stuff but need to work in the morning lol. I'm just so afraid I'm gonna miss something. My coworkers would think me a freak to lose sleep over such a thing.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by np6888

They're NASA, what do you expect? I say we give them nothing, UNTIL they reveal the exciting stuff, i.e E.T life. If there's really nothing exciting, well then, why should we fund them? Why waste billions just to look at a bunch of pictures of rocks?

Define "exciting". Mars is "relatively" similar to Earth, compared to other planets where conditions are much, much harsher. We could even speculate about future plans to terraform Mars, there are fantastic ideas about eg. giving it an atmosphere/oxygen by spreading algae (?) in the atmosphere etc. Yes that's science fiction - but nevertheless thinkable in a far future. Besides, Mars is our neighbor...even a remote chance that life here on Earth could've originated from Mars. We know so little! The fact we go there with super-high tech equipment and make a landing on a tiny spot in one piece is exciting enough.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by uberangel

Being incredibly interesting in science is not a freakish thing. Just imagine how many people wont know what your talking about in the morning...... then you can be smart and tell them all about it

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by np6888

It is about a lot more than just that, it is about applying learned skills. Ideas are more important than money but unfortunately majority are selfish egotistical overconsumers sitting on their couch eating their second helping of un-needed food judging others accomplishments who put in hard work and are actually using resources for something useful.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by nepatitan

Being incredibly interesting in science is not a freakish thing. Just imagine how many people wont know what your talking about in the morning...... then you can be smart and tell them all about it

Oh I'm the queen science nerd at work lol. Small town, no one cares what happens beyond their own reach. It's very socially stunting really. I feel bad for them.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Location of landing in google earth

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Maybe you spoke too soon - Credit has been given to all (7?) nations that have contributed to the success of this mission. When we do something great like this, I think it's OK to be a little proud of that. Now when Obama steps up to take credit in front of the world, I'll be right here saying, "oh no you di'int".

Still watching the briefing here, they're basically saying it could be weeks before the vehicle even rolls for the first time - Did I hear that right? Lots of testing before taking it out for a spin. It'll be a long mission hopefully.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

I totally understand, I just can't believe the amount of friends I have that don't know the Olympics started.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
It's like Christmas... it's really exciting til it's over, then it's like awwwww

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82

Maybe you spoke too soon - Credit has been given to all (7?) nations that have contributed to the success of this mission. When we do something great like this, I think it's OK to be a little proud of that. Now when Obama steps up to take credit in front of the world, I'll be right here saying, "oh no you di'int".

Still watching the briefing here, they're basically saying it could be weeks before the vehicle even rolls for the first time - Did I hear that right? Lots of testing before taking it out for a spin. It'll be a long mission hopefully.

I can see it now.. Obama walking down the 'I killed Bin Laden hallway' to say, I've landed us on Mars bitches!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

Yup you heard right

Hopefully more pictures in about 10 mins as the second flyover is supposed to happen soon.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join