It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Plans Nuclear-Powered Sub

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by SLAYER69

NATO did Libya...

US led NATO

The US and a coalition did Iraq.

US did it in 1991 and in 2003. Without US leading the charge no one else would have done it either

The majority of Iran's neighbors don't want them to have Nukes. If Iran so much as farts wrong they'll know how General Custer felt.

Iran fears US invasion as the US has a history of attacking middle eastern countries

Why do you contently make up lies to justify your own terrible conspiracy theory's?

US led NATO?

US took a back seat soon after the first strike on Libya which had full backing from the UN & Arab League & Libyan people, command was then handed to France & UK who then for the remainder of the conflict led the operation, we all know this even you do, but it makes your BS fall apart so you just make things up hoping idiots will believe it?

Operation Odyssey Dawn was the U.S. code name[Note 1] for the US part of the international military operation in Libya to enforce United Nations Security Council Resolution 1973.[8][9][10][11][12] during the initial period of 19–31 March 2011, which continued afterwards under NATO command as Operation Unified Protector.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiwozejy214
Another warmongering jew who wants us Americans to die for Israel. This is not about a nuclear threat. It is about weakening the neighbors of Israel. This 'intel' is the same kind of 'intel' that made us walk into Iraq just to find potato canons, dust and death.

You do realize Israel is in an oil rich region. Israel isnt about Israel its about oil. If there wouldnt have been oil there would have been no israel.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

You wouldn't be referring to the news link below would you?

LINK

edit on 13-6-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

reply to post by seabag

Are you a nuclear energy expert? Have you ever taken classes on nuclear physics?

Even if they enrich beyond what is required for energy so what? It is their right to do whatever they want

Where are all the anti-Nuke people on this? I remember when Greenpeace and all the nuclear freeze protesters were trying to shut down nuclear power plants in the US and stop everything else nuclear too.

Leftists never seem to oppose this stuff when it's the other side doing it.
edit on 13-6-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by disiswhoitb

Israel got their a**es kicked in Lebanon in 2006 by Hezbollah, that's exactly who will attack immediately after Israel thinks it can attack Iran with no blow back.

There's a big difference between Israel in 2006 vs. now. Only 6 actual years have passed, but many more technological ones have, in regards to what they have (and what they wouldn't hold back) for a nuclear Iraq.

Also, I think you're assuming I CARE what blowback Israel would get for it....I really don't.

The way I see it, Iraq is a sovereign nation, and with sovereignty pretty much comes the right to see to your own defense projects. That said, if those projects tick off Israel, and they want to do something about it, I say fine....let 'em. We don't need to get involved. Exactly what interests are we protecting there? The price of oil?

Thing is, I can't fault Iraq for hating us. We were pretty two-faced, historically, in our dealings with them. Now, if they directly pose a serious and viable threat to us, that's a different story, but so far, that criteria has not yet been met.

You do realize Israel is in an oil rich region.

Huh? They've been drilling dry holes for decades. Fossil fuels are one of their major IMPORTS, not exports.

edit on 13-6-2012 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I think you meant Iran not Iraq...is that correct?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TritonTaranis

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
Well...here it is, the moment you have all been waiting for. Iran is now saying that they are working on a Nuclear-Powered Submarine.

This is more propaganda put forth by the MSM to justify a war in Iran.

Israel has been raising concerns for more than six months that Iran might cite submarine work as a justification for producing highly enriched uranium. On Tuesday, Israel's Strategic Affairs Minister Moshe Ya'alon again stressed his government's position that Iran not be allowed to maintain any enrichment capabilities on its soil.

edit on 6/12/2012 by SUICIDEHK45 because: words

Exactly "here it is"

I seem to remember all you guys saying they would never enrich uranium beyond 20% because its just "propaganda" to start a war, you'll be standing there when they have 90% saying the same thing

In fact you'll be standing there saying Iran would never Nuke Israel when you see a blinding flash

Similar people said the same thing in Europe in the 1940s

I think personally all you guys should write your names down on a list that you're in favour of Iran having nuclear warheads in a region that has been on the boil for over 2.000yrs, just so we know who to blame for this idiocy, and perhaps even a public shooting to eradicate the stupid gene from the pool altogether, with 100% of the human race having common sense we might actually get somewhere

blame U.S and its traitorous allies ..... the region will be dandy fine without their troops there.... arguing that some country shouldn't have the right to develop nuclear weapons in the name of peace while being the only country "USA" ever to use it in history is moral masquerading plain simple .

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
reply to post by paradox

Link to alliance treaty with Israel please

You need a treaty to be an ally?

Ever heard of MNNAs?

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 6-13-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Russia and China have said a move on Iran would be a move on them. I am not talking about irans domestic capability, but what its allies bring to the table

ALL TALK!

Everyone knows the outcome of a conflict between two nuclear nations; life as we know it (for everyone on the globe) would be over. They’re not willing to risk it. Hence the decades of proxy wars.

Bullpoop called on the above post, It is not all "talk" it is what a lot of people in the states cannot fathom.
And the reality is that you people are broke busted and bankrupt and you have no real friends in the world right now because of your stupid wars.
There is no reason to create another war just for the fun of it, The last few (five I think is the count now) were all because of false pretenses.

For instance Bin and his boys, chemical weapons, now we are talking nuclear weapons.....
Get off the MSM program and think for your self and your family.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Iwinder

Nuclear - Powered subs are not a danger to anyone in the world right now, well besides the the Nazi state of USA's fleet.

Care to elaborate on the “nazi” tendencies of the US?
What country has been a greater example of freedom than US? Maybe Iran?

Iran saying they are producing a Nuclear sub is that a real threat?

Better look closer at your own back yard here boys and girls.

Iran with nuclear ANYTHING is a threat because they’ve proven their intent. Care to explain why they violated the NPT? Do you know what the NPT is?

That is where the problem is and will be for a long time.

God I really hate to say this because I know I will be labeled anti American, Well depending on how you look at it

I just may be.

Then again I feel I am not anti American but I am definitely Anti American military and big time too.

You are anti-American simply because you automatically talk smack about the US while ignoring the topic of the OP, and you can’t distinguish between American ideals and NWO actions.

Sure, the states right now are following the very same path as Nazi Germany did in the late 30's.
We have much more freedom as you call it here in Canada than you will ever have there in the States.

What is your definition of freedom by the way?
Drones flying around without any public vote?
Drones crashing into neighbourhoods?
Armed drones flying and spying and shooting?

Or perhaps students protesting collage/university fees in Quebec and really doing some damage.
My Last statement is what I call freedom for sure.
This protest made the national news and world wide too.
Nobody got shot and Nobody died but yet it goes on here and they are going to succeed because we have actual freedom here.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Why would nuclear powered subs need higher enrichment than a nuclear power plant? I admit I know nothing about nuclear subs, but shouldn't they work the same way?

Small design.smaller package meaning the fuel needed would have to be able to produce more power hence "enriched".

Great Iran wants a nuclear sub nuclear power for peace eh?

A sub is used only for one thing.

why does the US have dozens of them? Perhaps to save the whales?
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Speaking of responsible, the USA was the ONLY country to use nuclear weapons in war.

Semantics key word choice there "in war" even tho all nuclear power have used nukes in power and successful detonation tests to be used for what purpose?

To kill people but then agian the topic is about Iran and it's pursuit of a nuclear sub nice deflection attempt,.

Which still doesn't change the face that Irans wants the Bomb the nuclear bomb to be used against it's "enemies"

Oh and while we are on this topic if IRan thinks that having nukes will protect them against "foreign attacks" well sure the hell hasn't saved Pakistan.
edit on 12-6-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Great point indeed, so creating a Nuclear sub will not protect them from "foreign attacks" as you say then what is the problem?
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Iran fears US invasion as the US has a history of attacking middle eastern countries

1. Then why in the 34+ past years haven't the US taken Iran out?
2. Why wait until they get nukes to take out Iran?
3. Why hasn't the US taken Iran out over a good deal of evidence of their covert activities all around the region?
4. Why hasn't the US taken Iran out for their funding of groups who fought and killed US service men in Iraq?

Russia wasn't in their corner until fairly recently. So what has prevented the US from taking Iran out when we went into Iraq and Afghanistan?

If the US really wanted Iran gone it would have done so a long time ago or at least as recently as 9/11.
edit on 12-6-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

I believe if you look real hard and the Iran/Iraq war you will find your instigator and it definitely originated in the USA.
Regards, iwinder

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Secondly the USA was already engaged with Iraq and Afghanistan and unable to fight Iran all at once and the situation would have been more complex at that time.

I'm not advocating an attack on Iran but that argument doesn't hold water. In Gulf War -I The US alone deployed over 545,000 troops to the region. In Gulf War-II we had a little over 165,000 in Iraq and around 34,000 in Afghanistan. [Presently around 88,000 in the Stan] = 253,000 subtract that from Gulf war - I figures that leaves over 292,000 US boots on the ground for Iran.

Nor does your argument address the question of why in the 34+ years since the regime took power the US hasn't cleaned their clocks. I mean after all of all the Middle East countries Iran has been the most outspoken.

As I have stated they are laying the groundwork, or could it be that the USA does not want to fight a multiple front war at the same time.

We were already fighting multiple front wars. Iraq and Afghanistan....

Secondly there is no proof of Iran funding groups that killed US service men in Iraq, I might be mistaken though

Yes, You are.

Now lets ask the question why would iran fund groups to cause turmoil in iraq? How about because if the situation in iraq was 100% on par with US schedule then they may attack Iran. Iran may have been attempting to delay an attack on itself.

Nice pipe dream.

The fact remains they trained, funded and even participated in attacks on US personal in Iraq and many Iranians covertly fighting in Iraq never made it home. I wonder what excuses their Government made why many of their sons never returned home.
edit on 12-6-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

The thing is it was not a "War" it was an illegal invasion of a sovereign Nation and done so without any public opinion unless you consider CNN the government now.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Then we will see who is actually causing most of the world problems with warmongering.

Yeah let's see how things would have played out if the US didn't intervene in WWI, WWII, Korea, The Cold War etc etc etc ....

The world as you know it and the rights you enjoy wouldn't exist, You'd either be speaking German or Russian and either a slave to the NAZI's or the Communist Reds.

Take your pick

I am surprised that you actually said this, very weak argument indeed.
It is a favorite argument for the war mongers to say we would be speaking another language other than our own if we lost the war.

Are the Japanese or Germans for that matter speaking English?
You don't seem to want to address the Professional's list of USA wars on nations.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Israel is under orders from the United States not to attack Iranian Nuclear Sites with conventional Bombs. This would throw Thousands of Tons of Radioactive Material into the air and poison most of the Middle East.

The current U.S. Plan is to wait as estimates have the current Iranian Regime with a Life Span of only 12 to 14 Months.

Should Iran do something STUPID like close the Strait of Hormuz or Declare...true or not...that it has developed a Nuclear Weapon. The U.S....and ONLY THE U.S...would commit to action. This plan involves Highly Unconventional Tactics such as Flying In Tens of Thousands of Rangers and Special Forces as well as as a Specialized Nuclear Warfare Unit.

The Military action say if the Strait was attempted to be blocked...would have the U.S. Fifth Fleet destroy every Iranian Naval Ship as well as Sub. They would also destroy the entire Iranian Air Force. At the same time....Rangers and Special Forces along with a Nuclear Warfare Unit would capture all Iranian Nuclear Sites and Yes...we know where they all are...even the secret ones. The Iranians would send Ground Forces which would be rendered useless by the First Ever Use of Non-Nuclear EMP Devices.

B-2's from Whiteman AFB would drop Large EMP's and F/A-22 Raptors would drop smaller ones as 2 small EMP's can fit inside the F/A-22's internal Bomb Bays.

Iran has a population that has a 70% population of people under 30 years old and a population where over 92% are Pro-Democracy. It would not be in the United States interest to Kill large numbers of a population that want what the U.S. wants. The First Time use of Non-Nuclear EMP's would render Iranian Military Divisions inert as well as preventing the killing of many Young Kids who are in that Military. Even the actions of the Fifth Fleet would try to be avoided but Iran cannot be allowed to Close the Strait of Hormuz where the majority of the Worlds Oil Flows.

But I believe that Iran...although they LOVE to talk a Big Game...is not so STUPID as to mess with the United States. Iran intelligence is aware that the only thing preventing an Israeli Strike is the U.S. and just like in Iraq...Communications between the U.S. Military and the Iranian Military is on going despite the Screams of Death to America...the Iranian Admirals and Generals are well aware of U.S. Capabilities and they do not want to be sacrificial Chess Pieces in some Game of Religious Politics that the Iranian Old Guard is playing.

In the Iraq War...the U.S. had communications on going with all Iraqi Forces except one specific Republican Guard Division that was extremely loyal to Saddam.....a Wing of B-52's loaded with a form of Smart Carpet Bombs...flew in formation to high to be shot down and destroyed every member and piece of Military hardware of this Division....after this...every other Iraqi Division Surrendered. That Republican Guard Division was close to 100,000 Men KNOWN for extreme perpetrated ATROCITIES. That is why they were targeted.

The Iranian Military wants NO PART of a WAR that does not need to happen. Especially since it is they who would be targeted. If all goes well...the People of Iran will take over their own Government and as they are no fans of their government that has beaten and killed many young people after and during the protests...it is just a matter of time before their is a complete collapse of the Old Guard. Let's all hope it happens before the Old Guard decides to go out with a BANG!

But this much is certain...Israel will not attack Iranian Nuclear Sites...and if it does...there will be Hell to Pay as they have been told this in NO UNCERTAIN TERMS. The resulting bombing would poison the Middle East for CENTURIES! And if worse comes to worse and Iran does something STUPID...ONLY the United States has the ability to secure Iranian Nuclear Sites and DISMANTLE THEM. I would see a side stepping of the Iranian Leadership by the Iranian Military as the U.S. Military would TELL THEM DIRECTLY....WE ARE GOING TO DO THIS! Stay out of the way...and no one dies! Stay out of the Fight and you will be the Military of a New more Prosperous Iran...a Democracy of the over 92% of your own people who want it! Get in the way...and you will be considered a TARGET!

I have posted with a person of Obvious Iranian Heritage who told me that the people of Iran would fight to the last Man, Woman and Child. These are Brave Words...but only WORDS! If any of you here are old enough or have ever seen an old film of what a Wing of B-52's...and back then they did not have smart weapons...Carpet Bomb an area 50 Miles Across by 100 Miles Long. And we are talking about the OLDEST IN SERVICE WORLD WIDE Bombing System...designed in the late 1940's...then think about what the United States has in the Tool Box 64 Years LATER...Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I pray to God you are right about the downfall.I do not want to see those poor people see any more death as a result of maniacal leadership,we know they love us because they say so all the time.But what happens when crazies get cornered? What will Hezbollah or Hamas do for cash? Syria's melting down,Lebanon will not allow the terrorist game for too much longer after Syria falls.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I think they have a right to the technology.

Adm. Zamini "further reminded that using nuclear power to fuel submarines is among the civilian uses of the nuclear technology and all countries are, thus, entitled to the right to make such a use," the report said.

But, I wan't to know how a 'Nuclear Submarine' is classified as civillian...?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by derpest

Nuclear sub are used for one thing and one thing only. They don't use submarines for peace. Come to think about, it's the exact opposite.

-SAP-

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Your not gonna weasel your way out of this one..

Why do you support or advocate a first strike on irans nuclear powered subs (still nonexistent at this point)? Unless my position is mistaken please clarify?

Quit dodging the question and man up. If I am mistaken on what your position appears to me and many others please say so.

I have always taken the Iran's self defense position as proven with this post:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

What is your position on this situation?
edit on 093030p://6America/ChicagoWed, 13 Jun 2012 21:08:17 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join