It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a Sexist Thread! (Men's Rights)

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kaiode1

Perhaps I should of been more clear. Groups that fight for protections have an agenda. It can be the same about men not working for certain occupations. How many male daycare workers, teachers are there. It is interesting that it is never brought up in female dominated fields how females get paid more than their male counterparts. As for my agenda, I do have an agenda...that of TRUE equality between all people, regardless of "class". A world in which someone is jude by WHO they are not by physical characteristics that make them up. To be clear I hate when anyone is treated, paid, etc based on what makes them up instead of who they are. As for the women being paid less there are MANY other factors in place besides just sex. My point is all the factors need to taken into account before one can say its just unfair, There are other reasons for both the male side and the female side.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayertuck
reply to post by kaiode1

Perhaps I should of been more clear. Groups that fight for protections have an agenda. It can be the same about men not working for certain occupations. How many male daycare workers, teachers are there. It is interesting that it is never brought up in female dominated fields how females get paid more than their male counterparts. As for my agenda, I do have an agenda...that of TRUE equality between all people, regardless of "class". A world in which someone is jude by WHO they are not by physical characteristics that make them up. To be clear I hate when anyone is treated, paid, etc based on what makes them up instead of who they are. As for the women being paid less there are MANY other factors in place besides just sex. My point is all the factors need to taken into account before one can say its just unfair, There are other reasons for both the male side and the female side.

In the United States, according to indeed.com, Male Daycare Workers make 22,000 a year and Female Daycare Workers make 21,000 a year. Male Teachers make 54,000 a year, and Female Teachers make 50,000 a year.

The reason it's never brought up is because males get paid more in these fields.

So, what is your reasoning behind why men are paid more in the fields you have stated?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

So, what is your reasoning behind why men are paid more in the fields you have stated?

IMO. it's because those averages included University professors who get paid more than than the average teacher. Also, investors/owners of daycare companies are probably included in those figures.

Often child daycare is set up by stay at home mothers. Their husband may help them invest money to get the business started. He would then draw a salary from the company as an administrator.

All those studies and polls about income or what ever are easily skewed and often are.

Or perhaps it's because men do a better job. Women are often distracted with doing their make-up, being emotional, having mood swings, taking maternity leave, calling or texting their boyfriends, gossiping, snooping into the lives of others...etc

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by IpsissimusMagus
reply to post by Furbs

IMO. it's because those averages included University professors who get paid more than than the average teacher. Also, investors/owners of daycare companies are probably included in those figures.

Often child daycare is set up by stay at home mothers. Their husband may help them invest money to get the business started. He would then draw a salary from the company as an administrator.

All those studies and polls about income or what ever are easily skewed and often are.

If you have evidence to back up your claims, please present it, because if you don't your opinion doesn't really mean anything.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Why don't you provide the studies you're talking about first.

All I see is your opinion and like you said. It means nothing

Who the heck is indeed.com ? Never heard of them.

Are you claiming some small random internet search provider is supposed to be a credible source?

You provided those numbers so it's up to you to support that information.

Or are we just supposed to take your word for it?

edit on 6/15/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)

I'm not sure that the internet has a source for common sense.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

reply to post by Furbs

Why don't you provide the studies you're talking about first.

All I see is your opinion and like you said. It means nothing

Who the heck is indeed.com ? Never heard of them.

Are you claiming some small random internet search provider is supposed to be a credible source?

You provided those numbers so it's up to you to support that information.

Or are we just supposed to take your word for it?

I didn't post opinion. I posted numbers as indicated from the leading salary tracking website on the internet. Your ignorance of indeed.com doesn't negate the claims.

I posted the numbers and I cited the resource used to get those numbers.

You are claiming the numbers are bogus. That is your opinion. It is not your responsibility to evidence your opinion with research of your own.

You don't have to believe a damn word I am saying, that's the great thing about cited evidence. Go to the links, look at the evidence. You have zero evidence to back up your claim, so you are really just spouting an opinion coming from ignorance.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Your opinion that they are the leading source of income tracking is again just your opinion.

You provided nothing but a website. When I went to that website they are a search engine.

YOU need to site the exact study those numbers come from. YOU need to provide how that study gathered it's information.

Your ignorance of how polls work is no excuse for you to just blindly believe everything indeed.com tells you. If you at least provide the real study which those numbers were taken from maybe I will have something to go on.

What do you expect me to go through every teacher income study hoping to find one that matches your numbers. Give me a break
. And Dr Phil would say get real.

Go ahead and ignore my opinion all you want. Because you can't refute what I said you just choose to ignore it.

Common sense is common sense. I can't provide you with that if you have none. University professors are teachers too. Administrators for daycare are daycare providers too.

They are both paid higher salaries than the average teacher or daycare worker. They are also positions that are most often held by men. Do I really need to provide a source for what would seem to be an obvious reality?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Just because I am being lazy at the moment, here is a new report from last year, explaining what I am talking about.

www.cbsnews.com...

www.forbes.com...

On daycare:
www.careforkids.com.au...
edit on 15-6-2012 by mayertuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Do I really need to provide a source for what would seem to be an obvious reality?

Yes, you do. Especially when the actual data says otherwise.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayertuck
reply to post by Furbs

Just because I am being lazy at the moment, here is a new report from last year, explaining what I am talking about.

www.cbsnews.com...

www.forbes.com...

On daycare:
www.careforkids.com.au...
edit on 15-6-2012 by mayertuck because: (no reason given)

Marty Nemko has already been addressed in this thread. He isn't talking about equal pay for equal jobs. He is under the misguided notion that people seem to not understand that women don't tend to work on oil rigs or crabbing boats. We get it. Some jobs pay more than others. We aren't talking about that. We are talking about men getting more money than women for the same jobs being performed.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Especially when the actual data says otherwise.

What actual data? You have provided none. Saying go to indeed.com is not actual data. Stating numbers which you say come from indeed.com is not actual data. So provide some actual data or quit pretending you have actual data.

Again, you have not refuted my statements with anything other than denial.

I told you my opinion is based on common sense. Now please use some common sense and either provide the actual study ( so I can go look up how they acquired their data ) or state why you do not agree with my logic.

If you provide the link to the actual study with the actual data. Then I will provide you with sources proving that most University professors are men and they have much much higher salaries than other teachers.

If you're claiming that your study doesn't include University professors (which would obviously skew the results in favor of men). Then can I at least see the actual study? You telling me to go search for it. Proves to me you have no idea what actual data from actual research is.

Are you afraid to provide the study you quoted from? Do you admit you have no idea where or how indeed.com came to those figures? Why are you being so naive and ignorant?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

We are talking about men getting more money than women for the same jobs being performed.

Do you understand that Administrators in those respective fields we are discussing,"childcare" and "teachers" are paid more than average teachers and childcare workers? But they are still classified as teachers and childcare workers.

Do you understand that those positions are more often held by men? There are many reason why the numbers can not be trusted.

You can't take numbers from different areas, different companies and different positions. Mix them all together and expect to get a valid outcome. It's comparing apples and oranges.

To get a fair result. You need to take each company, each position and each area separately. After each sample is evaluated on it's own. Then you can average the results. But if you do not fairly evaluate the data then the results will not be accurate.

If you take a male teacher from a rich private school and compare it to a poor rural public school teacher who is a woman. Then of course you will come to a conclusion that the male is paid more. But is that really a fair and accurate comparison?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Try

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Femail page

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

Your link is bad

Here fixed link

Male executives earned an average of £42,441 compared with £31,895 for women, although men's pay increased by 2.3 per cent in the past year compared with 2.8 per cent for women. :

Again they are comparing "executives". They are not comparing the same position in the same company, located in the same area. Once again it's comparing apples and oranges.

If you think that's a valid way to compare "equal pay". The only way to make a valid comparison is to compare the exact same job. In the exact same company. In the exact same location.

I am not disputing that men are paid more. What I am disputing is that there are valid reasons why. What I am also disputing is that these studies are not accurate. Because of the way they collect and compare their data.

Here is a link with data about Women in Academia

www.catalyst.org...

Women held 23.0% of president positions at all colleges, and men held 77.0% in 2006, according to the most recent survey by the American Council on Education.1
Women held 26.6% of all college president positions at public institutions. 2
Women held 18.7% of all college president positions at private institutions

As with corporate America, the percentage of women in academic positions drops off the higher they climb.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

Originally posted by Furbs

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
There are things a Woman can do that I cannot and things I can do that a Woman cannot. There is no true equality. But that doesn't mean there should not be respect.

Mind giving examples of a few of the things you can do that a woman cannot?

be a male model for underwear.

I was not going to mention this but I grudgingly Worked as a Model....FOR CHARITY!....that is before anyone get's any ideas....as a request by my MOM...so there was no saying NO! I was used to model Armani Suits as well as Beach Wear and.....FREAKING UNDERWEAR!

Now I am not Bashful and have Looks and a very muscular body because of being in a Band as well as my Third JOB....but I was not prepared for the HOOTING and HOWLING that occurred when I came out on Stage. Now I have been performing on stage for years and I think nothing of taking off my shirt when it is hot but in this instance....the Women doing all the HOWLING were Friends of my MOMS! I even caught my GREAT AUNT whistling at me! Totally Freaked me out! If they were young Girls I would have had no issues but I admit my Cheeks turned RED after the Woman who was running the Charity....as I came back from the run way wearing nothing but a pair of Baby Blue Calvin Klein Underwear...GLORIA was her name...said."GOOD JOB!" then she SLAPPED MY ASS!

Funny thing is...I consider myself FEARLESS...I have been SHOT in the field in the Chest. But that ASS SLAP STILL creeps me out! LOL! Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

There are things a Woman can do that I cannot and things I can do that a Woman cannot. There is no true equality. But that doesn't mean there should not be respect.

I can ejaculate sperm. I can dead lift over 400 lbs....I can hold by breath because of my larger lug capacity for over 3 minutes. I can touch my eye brow with the tip of my tongue....I can grow a beard...although I suppose some women could....I can fight up to 5 Men and win. I can move my ADAMS APPLE....I can...without the aid of any float...swim down without SCUBA to a depth of 75 feet and bring up a Iron weight that is 40 lbs to the surface and tread water while holding it....I will not go into Mental aspects as these things are on average but I have the ability to KILL without compunction or remorse. I can survive for a longer period in Cold Water....I have unbelievable endurance and I know their are Female Marathon Runners but my endurance can cross many different physical acts and is not confined to one specialized skill...because of my Skeletal Structure....I can survive great force applied to my body....because of my muscle density as well as it covering vital organs...I can survive a blow by either accident or purpose....I can hit a woman's G-Spot....I can command and control others actions by just existing....I can sing in Tenor, Baritone or even a bit of BASS...I can OVERHAND THROW a Baseball at a speed of 92 mph...but not anymore....I can say things that only a MAN can say to a WOMAN that is Hetero...that will comfort her and I can NOT EVER be a MAN that PUNCHES A WOMAN....if so needed on a job...I will shoot one...but NEVER WILL I PUNCH ONE! Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

I can ejaculate sperm. I can dead lift over 400 lbs....I can hold by breath because of my larger lug capacity for over 3 minutes. I can touch my eye brow with the tip of my tongue....I can grow a beard...although I suppose some women could....I can fight up to 5 Men and win. I can move my ADAMS APPLE....I can...without the aid of any float...swim down without SCUBA to a depth of 75 feet and bring up a Iron weight that is 40 lbs to the surface and tread water while holding it....I will not go into Mental aspects as these things are on average but I have the ability to KILL without compunction or remorse. I can survive for a longer period in Cold Water....I have unbelievable endurance and I know their are Female Marathon Runners but my endurance can cross many different physical acts and is not confined to one specialized skill...because of my Skeletal Structure....I can survive great force applied to my body....because of my muscle density as well as it covering vital organs...I can survive a blow by either accident or purpose....I can hit a woman's G-Spot....I can command and control others actions by just existing....I can sing in Tenor, Baritone or even a bit of BASS...I can OVERHAND THROW a Baseball at a speed of 92 mph...but not anymore....I can say things that only a MAN can say to a WOMAN that is Hetero...that will comfort her and I can NOT EVER be a MAN that PUNCHES A WOMAN....if so needed on a job...I will shoot one...but NEVER WILL I PUNCH ONE! Split Infinity

Good grief, when did this thread turn into self promotion for a raging egomaniac.

Thank you for showing us that some men are so shallow as to think its all about them...but then again most of us knew that already...you just reminded us.

You have no idea what a turn off your posts are to me, and I am so grateful not all men are like you..ugh

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Don't worry I thought it was an amazing post!

edit on 16-6-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join