It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama Has Outspent Last Five Presidents

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
reply to post by Annee

Was Bush's war included in his expenditures? I think not.

Regardless what did Obama do to rectify the spending? Nothing, just continued spending...This is more of a spending spree then it is a reduction in spending....

Did you even consider researching that statement?

Here is one, but not the only, example. www.cbsnews.com...

That's swag, as in the coffee mugs, pens, T-shirts and other public relations articles that federal government agencies purchase with taxpayer money to promote their work.That's swag, as in the coffee mugs, pens, T-shirts and other public relations articles that federal government agencies purchase with taxpayer money to promote their work.

The whole interwebz is ripe for picking and you may find that it does indeed contain information that was not made up on the spot for a post in a conspiracy forum.
edit on 2-6-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Why would I have to do research into something I said? Spending is continuing...Should I say more?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Why would I have to do research into something I said? Spending is continuing...Should I say more?

We were in a nose dive(In regards to spending growth), ever since Reagan. Obama has actually reduced the growth rate. We are spending less in military too. So ya, things are turning around. He's not magic.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

We are spending less in military too.

Dude are you talking about Switzerland?...We are spending less in military? Don't forget the military contractors we pay for...

Denial in Obama spending is obvious already...Don't need to hide it...I know
edit on 2-6-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Just an observation: this graph shows government spending as a percentage of GDP. The private sector is spending less; that is the definition of a recession. Therefore, what this chart shows is that the government is continuing to contribute to the economy while the private sector isn't. Draw your own politically biased conclusions from this.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Well maybe if we weren't outsourcing jobs we wouldn't have this problem would we?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Well maybe if we weren't outsourcing jobs we wouldn't have this problem would we?

I agree.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
well, the guy had no choice.

after the massive swindle wall street pulled on the citizens of the usa, where they literally removed trillions of dollars from the u.s. economy, obama had to do something or else let the country go broke.

millions of people lost their homes and savings. if you don't even have enough money to make a mortgage payment, how on earth are you going to pay taxes.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by zroth
reply to post by TheTardis

this is how the elite control us.

the solution to a bad big mac is not to buy a whopper.

it is to stop eating fast food altogether.

3 pages in and no one has stared this comment?!?!?!?

Excellent comment... superb analogy

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
People have fun arguing the two party blame game. There are little differences between Bushes polices and Obamas.
We still have the patriot act, wars in the middle east, forclosures, Bank failures,City bankruptcys, layoffs,high unemployment and wage and benefit reductions. The country is BROKE in more ways than just financially. What has changed in the last 12 years ?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

reply to post by DJW001

Here is the: "Made in America Store"

Do you shop there?

www.madeinamericastore.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
good old ronnie gave him a run for his money !

(with no wars)

lol

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Can anyone give me a summary of expenditure for "personal" items- like his wife's wardrobe, compared to previous Presidents (and their wives)

Is it possible to obtain these figures?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Here is the: "Made in America Store" Do you shop there?

What is the point of your post? Just because it says made in America? I guarantee you don't shop there. I'm in California. If I wanted mustard I wouldn't order it online from New York...I would just go to Trader Joe's which is 3 1/2 miles from where I live...

This store is fairly new opened in 2010?
edit on 2-6-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Here is the: "Made in America Store" Do you shop there?

What is the point of your post? Just because it says made in America? I guarantee you don't shop there. I'm in California. If I wanted mustard I wouldn't order it online from New York...I would just go to Trader Joe's which is 3 1/2 miles from where I live...

This store is fairly new opened in 2010?

IMO the message is very obvious.

As far as SOCA - - I was born in Compton. Raised in El Segundo/Inglewood/Manhattan Beach/Redondo Beach.

President Kennedy: "Ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country"

You complain about manufacturers going abroad and blame it on Obama (or in part). But what are you doing to support American manufacturers?

Not Made in the USA: Trader Joe's

Steve Reiter Sep 25, 2009

Now brace yourself: Who would have guessed that a chain with over 300 locations, all of which are located within the continental United States, is not American-owned? In 1979, the all-American company was bought by Theo Albrecht, the German billionaire behind the supermarket giant Aldi, which is short for Albrecht Discount. The connection between the two markets makes a lot of sense when we break it down, though. Let’s start from the beginning. Read more: www.minyanville.com...

edit on 2-6-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

As far as SOCA - - I was born in Compton. Raised in El Segundo/Inglewood/Manhattan Beach/Redondo Beach.

Should I label you a gangster now? I been in L.A. my whole life..You must be tripping. I help out my community by spending money within my community...You obviously don't seem to care how our economy as a whole is going...Someone from Compton I would expect a little better than that...

Your from the west, but yet you try to send me links made in America based out of New York?...If it was really made in America there should be more of those stores nationwide...
edit on 3-6-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheTardis

Originally posted by zroth
and in the mind of the programmed...

this story qualifies Romney somehow.

fun 2012

So absolutely in a completely round about way yes. It qualifies Romney on the basis that anything has to be better. ANYTHING because NOTHING has ever been worse.

That's exactly what Obama supporters said of Bush in 2008, and look where we are now. How ignorant do you have to be to think that anyone could be better, don't you learn from the past? It was only 4 years ago.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Should I label you a gangster now? I been in L.A. my whole life..You must be tripping. I help out my community by spending money within my community...You obviously don't seem to care how our economy as a whole is going...Someone from Compton I would expect a little better than that...

Your from the west, but yet you try to send me links made in America based out of New York?...If it was really made in America there should be more of those stores nationwide...

You are the one that brought up manufacturers moved off shore.

I provide you with a site that everything is Made in America. Yet - you make excuses why you can't buy from the site and support buying American made product.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I'd like to cordially invite everyone to participate in a building up as opposed to a tearing down. What is it that we ALL really want? How can we achieve it? What are the possibilities? Can we make a change and get away from all the partisan bickering? This will take ALL the political ideaologies, all of us, working together to make a change. What are the underlying currents? What do we want in a leader? How can we accomplish it?
Please, join in. No negativity at all, just good, positive ideas while searching for the ideal.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

.... made a special thread so it wouldn't clog up other threads

edit on 3-6-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join