It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama Has Outspent Last Five Presidents

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

edit on Fri Jun 1 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: --Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

And then the latest two assholes happened. Which is what we're talking about. Thank you for trying to deflect from the conversation

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Obama will be re-elected ,,the negativity is to create the illusion of the CHOICE we dont have....The voting compay in Spain will see to it that its Obama. I THINK.........THEN AGAIN..look how bad they have cheated for ROMNEY so far...disgusting illusion.......all the same except Paul

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

Its not a deflection its a correction to what the op is showing as a graph. There was a surplus when Bush took office and ran up the bill. Obama has a long ways to go to even come close to Bush in spending.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Much of it is going to his wifes personal hair dresser, personal makeup artist, personal wardrobe handler etc etc. that she take EVERYWHERE with her.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I don't discuss my politics on ATS - - - so therefore you are completely clueless in your assessment of me.

Uhhhh... yeah .. you do. You did in this thread too. Why be ashamed? Just say it "I'm Progressive and proud!"

And I am fully aware the War Expenditures were shoved somewhere. Kind of like Off site - - Don't Look Here.

Erm .. no .. they weren't. The only reason that the war expenditures were "off the books" was so that a budget could be passed (he knew how to pass a budget.. no one has voted for an Obama budget, literally..) but all the money spent is still an expenditure. Not hidden under a rug in the white house .. on the books, just not in the budget. SO .. Bush's deficit includes the $800 some odd billion dollars spent on the War(s).

No magic tricks.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
dunno what happened.. double post..
edit on 6/1/2012 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

"surplus" .. you mean looting hundreds of billions from Social Security to artificially strengthen the USD as we headed into a potential economic collapse?

Monetization takes many forms.. sometimes the easiest ways to monetize expenditures is to take it from funds that exist to reduce inflation while still running a deficit. Greenspan's favorite past time was finding ways to !@% the economy.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Excuse me, but it's congress that lays out and spends all the money. Each president is only there to put on the final authorization or veto the bills. The presidents have been the deflectors and distractions to the real process. The bully pulpit always gets the bullhorn. This $5T is not all Obama, but it was the Pelosi/Reed congress with the lion's share. Repubs are now just as bad just like they were during the Gingrich and Bush years when they held congress.

What will it take to convince people both parties are on the same side playing good cop/bad cop on us all.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tkwasny

Totally agree.

I do not support Obama and speaking of Mittens and business track records, ever look at Bushes business records before he was president? Every business he touched went deep in the RED ! Any wonder why under Obama america has spent more. Not defending Obama, just stating the facts.

edit on 1-6-2012 by OLD HIPPY DUDE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Erm .. no .. they weren't. The only reason that the war expenditures were "off the books" was so that a budget could be passed (he knew how to pass a budget.. no one has voted for an Obama budget, literally..) but all the money spent is still an expenditure. Not hidden under a rug in the white house .. on the books, just not in the budget. SO .. Bush's deficit includes the $800 some odd billion dollars spent on the War(s).

No magic tricks.

You just keep believing that.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE
reply to post by tkwasny

Totally agree.

I do not support Obama and speaking of Mittens and business track records, ever look at Bushes business records before he was president? Every business he touched went deep in the RED ! Any wonder why under Obama america has spent more. Not defending Obama, just stating the facts.

I just think its unfair to slam Obama's expenses - - without including the expenses of Bush's war - - and what its taking to recover from Bush's 8 years.

Yeah Yeah - - - Bush's war expenses were "placed elsewhere" - - and not included in his Official Expenses - - making oh so easy for Obama slammers to not include them. Convenient.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tkwasny

Actually.. it IS the President that lays out the budget. The "Presbud" is a document prepared by the Presidents office that lays out the suggested budget. It then goes to the House/Senate for modification and passage.

reply to post by Annee

Yeah Yeah - - - Bush's war expenses were "placed elsewhere" - - and not included in his Official Expenses - - making oh so easy for Obama slammers to not include them. Convenient.

Lady, wtf.. let me help your mental deficiencies..

War.. expenses.. are.. included.. in.. Bush's.. Deficit.. Record..

The "off the budget" simply means ... not in the budget, it's a "special" expense but is still counted in a deficit. I don't understand how freaking hard that is to understand? Unless you're purposefully being ignorant?

Bush added $1.5 trillion in war expenses, some of which was covered by "normal" military budgets. There was an "additional" $800b added in expenses related to the war and added to the deficit.

In relation, Obama created almost as much debt as the entire Iraq/Afgahn wars with the stimulus program at $700b.

Some Liberals like to add Fiscal Year 2009 to Bush and not Obama, even though Obama and the Democratic controlled Congress and Senate not only kept the same budget but added an additional $187b to the annual budget.. racking up an astonishing $1.4trillion in deficits. And has since year over year kept a deficit that dwarfs past presidents..

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Dude.

Move on.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Obama has actually declared spending that he's doing, unlike past Presidents like GWB who seemed to think that for some reason a vast amount of their spending didn't need to be counted.

Bush didn't think War spending or tax cut spending needed to be included in his budget.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
does this include the godzillians that have and will be given as bailouts
or is that in addition to
?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Dude.

Move on.

Dude. Stop the lying then?
total fail.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Dude.

Move on.

Dude. Stop the lying then? total fail.

Dude. Stop the projection.
total fail.

edit on 2-6-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Dude.

Move on.

Dude. Stop the lying then? total fail.

Dude. Stop the projection.
total fail.

edit on 2-6-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

You both are acting like children.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Was Bush's war included in his expenditures? I think not.

Regardless what did Obama do to rectify the spending? Nothing, just continued spending...This is more of a spending spree then it is a reduction in spending....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join