It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S draft..not good

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
blatanttruth.org...

I dont understand how they think they could simply draft people in this day and age. People now are far more aware of how things are going and know that they do not have to do anything, just because the government says so.
I dont really follow politics, but it amazes me to think that this could actually happen. Glad i'm not american after reading that.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr MamBo
People now are far more aware of how things are going and know that they do not have to do anything, just because the government says so.

You really think so? I don't. Most are content to submit to the pretty lies.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
you say that people are more aware, the problem is exactly that.

On a lot of posts regarding things such as the attrocities that have occured in Iraq, how many people have stated.. "I've had enough..." "something needs to be done..." "if I were over there...." "give em a taste of there own medicine..."

I truly believe that the fact that people are kept informed will be fuel for the fire... there may be more than you think who would actually decide to go alone with conscription, many patriotic people who's want to do there bit for there country.

Myself, I would prolly enlist to the nearest college or claim political asylum as many have done by moving to the UK.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Dr. mambo,

Yes it is a lot of awareness about the situation in Iraq and yes people specially young people is very concern, I have two, 20, and 18 and yes they are very concern more that you think and they are talking to each other and friends and they also have views and opinions so far all I see is defiance of being force into something they don't want.

Yes if the draft become reality I see a lot of protest, lots of outrage and it will be mostly coming from our younger generation themselves, I believe the government is aware of the possibilities and I wonder how prepared they are to take care of the situation if it becomes out of control.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Dr. mambo,

Yes it is a lot of awareness about the situation in Iraq and yes people specially young people is very concern, I have two, 20, and 18 and yes they are very concern more that you think and they are talking to each other and friends and they also have views and opinions so far all I see is defiance of being force into something they don't want.

Yes if the draft become reality I see a lot of protest, lots of outrage and it will be mostly coming from our younger generation themselves, I believe the government is aware of the possibilities and I wonder how prepared they are to take care of the situation if it becomes out of control.

I think its a situation they wont be able to control. Considering the amount of people who were against the war in the first place, a draft would just outrage them even more. Riots aplenty i think.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
this will be where the american detention centres come in to play as discussed on another thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klepto
this will be where the american detention centres come in to play as discussed on another thread...

[www.abovetopsecret.com...[/url]

Thanks for the link.

[edit on 23-9-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   

theBlatantTruth ... to register for the Skills Draft and list all the occupations they are proficient in to fill labor shortages throughout nearly the entire government...
The only skills most kids I know of today have are shooting their mouths off and playing video games.
Draft them anyway, it'll help the economy by putting older folks back to work!

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr MamBo
blatanttruth.org...

I dont understand how they think they could simply draft people in this day and age. People now are far more aware of how things are going and know that they do not have to do anything, just because the government says so.
happen.

I beg to differ on this one; if the government decides it needs to procure an army through conscription, it has the means to go about doing it.

And, on the other hand, for those who think the main outcry would come from the young folks...well, please don't count out the outrage of those of us like myself who are veterans and witnessed the waste of almost 60,000 American lives (not to overlook the countless deaths of southeast asians) in an ill-considered cause called Vietnam.

We aren't likely to let "our kids" be hauled unwillingly off to another slaughterground without speaking out.

top topics

join