It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Concentation Camps, FEMA, and the REX 84 Program

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2003 @ 06:47 PM
link   
U.S. CONCENTRATION CAMPS
FEMA AND THE REX 84 PROGRAM

There over 600 prison camps in the United States, all fully operational and ready to receive prisoners. They are all staffed and even surrounded by full-time guards, but they are all empty. These camps are to be operated by FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) should Martial Law need to be implemented in the United States.

The Rex 84 Program was established on the reasoning that if a mass exodus of illegal aliens crossed the Mexican/US border, they would be quickly rounded up and detained in detention centers by FEMA. Rex 84 allowed many military bases to be closed down and to be turned into prisons.

Operation Cable Splicer and Garden Plot are the two sub programs which will be implemented once the Rex 84 program is initiated for its proper purpose. Garden Plot is the program to control the population. Cable Splicer is the program for an orderly takeover of the state and local governments by the federal government. FEMA is the executive arm of the coming police state and thus will head up all operations. The Presidential Executive Orders already listed on the Federal Register also are part of the legal framework for this operation.

Link

[edit on 7-10-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I believe I may have some clues as to what's going on with it... But in all honesty, I'd die before I told anyone...

I've had suspicions for years, but a quasi-conclusion for about a year now, and I've basically gone silent on the subject, much to the relief of my less intelligent and logical friends.

I will say one thing though... I trust the government on this.

That's the most you're going to get out of me.
Convenient amnesia is better than permanent silence.

[Edited on 18-3-2003 by Ardhail]

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 03:20 AM
link   
"I believe I may have some clues as to what's going on with it... But in all honesty, I'd die before I told anyone...

I've had suspicions for years, but a quasi-conclusion for about a year now, and I've basically gone silent on the subject, much to the relief of my less intelligent and logical friends. "

Hey thats not fair. The idea of the board is to tell us if you know something, not to tell us you know something then not tell us.

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 03:33 AM
link   
This is actually all very true. A couple of years ago, 20/20 did an expose on this subject. They went to a remote midwestern location (Would not say) and approached a fenced in FEMA outpost. They were turned away by three men with Rifles and told to surrender the tape. They gave them a fake one and kept the real tape.

Think about this for a moment: Fema gets 15 billion a year to operate.

Yet, they do nothing.

The one thing they DID do was Hurricane Hugo....and look what they did with that.

Thank Reagan for it.

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 06:52 AM
link   
These camps have been seriously debunked over and over by members of this community who actually visited locations on the list.

One question to keep in your mind when you consider this outrageous theory; which billion-person army is going to capture and control a significant percentage of the U.S. population?

Also, the requested FEMA budget increase was to just over $6 million in total spending. www.fcw.com...

[Edited on 18-3-2003 by William]

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Wiiliam, these camps like such things as The Denver Airport (64,00 helicopters type thing) have always frustrated me because I have to deal with claim and counter denial, whilst not being able to get direct evidence due to living in the UK. Its therefore difficult to get hard evidence refuting the camps, roadsigns, etc, theorists. The question is, is there anyone other than givernment who seriously refutes these claims on the web????? I`ve only ever come across those who promote it.

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 02:20 PM
link   
And thus the frustration of serious conspiracy research, the noise is drowning out the truth.

It's easy for any disturbed individual to create a web page and pretty much spew whatever they like. Programs exist to make reasonably decent looking fake documents (at web resolutions) and photographs. And it's clear few, if any, do any real multi-source research.

In addition, those who disagree are always less likely to be interested to posting a similar web page that counters the cliams of the nut-cases. Too much effort, what's the point?

In the end, logic and critical thought are the best tools for weeding through the 99.999999999999% crap on the Internet now. In this case, logic shows us how it's impossible for these camps to function, much less actually exist in the form claimed.

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 02:35 PM
link   
". In this case, logic shows us how it's impossible for these camps to function, much less actually exist in the form claimed"

Coming from the Uk its difficult to understand the vast distances involved with the american mainland. Consequently when the country is so much vaster how do we come to such a conclusion. Knowing your resources and land area is something different to knowing whether something like this is possible. Unlike the Russians, Chinese or even British I don`t have scores of secret agents to check the claim out. Sometimes common sense might dictate one thing whilst the reality is very different. Also, with most conspiracy theories you have certain things which are testable by anyone of no resources, ie commet coming fast and huge, with a claim like 600 concentration camps in USA, there are no solid facts to test.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Fearing FEMA
Sander Hicks, April 14, 2003
Guerrilla News Network (GNN)

--------------------------

Most Americans know FEMA, the Federal Emergency Management Agency, as the helping hand that shows up after major natural disasters or large-scale terrorist attacks like 9/11, handing out blankets and dolling out loans like a friendly neighbor with a taxpayer-fattened bank account. But beginning in the early 90's, a small contingent of "conspiracy theorists" began to claim there was something much more sinister to the agency. They see FEMA as the nothing less than the stormtroopers of a New World Order, a dark force for oppression that hides behind its benevolent public image waiting to round up patriotic Americans who dare question the creation of a United Nations-controlled One World Government. Frequently, Jews are implicated as part of the scheme, as are assorted Rockefellers and Rothschilds.

The idea that such a seemingly benign agency could harbor a hidden agenda has been largely dismissed by the mainstream media as the paranoid rantings of people who wear tinfoil hats and spend way too much time indoors. But is there any substance to the black helicopter crowd's suspicions?

In fact, the agency does have a long history of totalitarian impulses. In an era of vanishing civil liberties, GNN believes now more than ever it is important to ask: Should we fear FEMA?

FEMA's precursor was the California Specialized Training Institute, a counter-terrorism training center started by then-Governor Ronald Reagan in 1971. Reagan inaugurated the idea of utilizing the military and law enforcement to combat dissent. He hired retired National Guard General Louis O. Giuffrida to design Operation Cable Splicer. The Cable Splicer plans were martial law proposals to legitimize the arrest and detention of anti-Vietnam war activists and other political dissidents. At the Army War College in 1970, Guiffrida had written a proposal that advocated the roundup and transfer to relocation camps of at least 21 million "American Negroes" in the event of a national uprising.

In 1979, under President Carter, FEMA was officially created with a single stroke of a pen by Executive Order 1-2148. However, Ronald Reagan elevated FEMA to intelligence agency status by giving the National Security Council authority over the planning for civil defense policy and security. Reagan created a senior-level interdepartmental board, the Emergency Mobilization Preparedness Board, or EMPB, a precursor to the cabinet-level Office of Homeland Security. The EMPB was charged with coordinating plans for civil security.

Oliver North enters the story here. From 1982 to 1984, North was assigned by National Security Advisor and fellow Iran-Contra conspirator Robert McFarlane to work on the EMPB. Former General Louis Giuffrida was at EMPB as well. According to Covert Action Quarterly, "By forming the Emergency Mobilization Preparedness Board, Ronald Reagan made it possible for a small group of people, under the authority of the NSC, to wield enormous power. They, in turn, used this executive authority to change civil defense planning into a military/police version" of domestic control. While at EMPB, North revised contingency plans for dealing with nuclear war, domestic insurrection and massive military mobilization.

Giuffrida and North worked to refine and implement Operation GARDEN PLOT, a plan to suspend the Constitution in the event of a national crisis, such as widespread internal opposition to a U.S. military invasion abroad. GARDEN PLOT was actually implemented during LA's Rodney King Riots in the form of street curfews as well as in recent anti-globalization protests.

In 1983, at the annual meeting of the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences, FEMA's General Frank S. Salcedo recommended expanding FEMA's power even further. As he saw it at least 100,000 U.S. citizens, from survivalists to tax protesters, were serious threats to civil security. Salcedo saw FEMA's new frontier as the protection of industrial and government leaders from assassination, and the protection of civil and military installations from sabotage or attack. Notable for stations such as this one, Salcedo warned against dissident groups gaining access to U.S. opinion or a global audience in times of crisis.

FEMA and the Department of Defense began a continuing tradition of biannual joint exercises to test civilian mobilization, civil security emergency and counterterrorism plans. The Rex-84 Alpha Explan (Readiness Exercise 1984, Exercise Plan) showed that FEMA lead 34 other federal agencies, including CIA, FBI, and U.S. Treasury, in a massive civil readiness exercise. It was conducted in coordination with "Night Train 84," a worldwide military command post exercise, based on multi-emergency scenarios operating both abroad and at home.

The exercises envisioned that the previously mentioned 100,000 U.S. citizens, labeled "national security threats" would be rounded up and thrown into concentration camps.

FEMA came into direct conflict with the FBI, whose Director William Sessions forced Giuffrida to turn over more than 12,000 political dossiers FEMA had assembled on dissidents.

The FBI's power struggle with FEMA necessitated damage control. Attorney General William French Smith finally reined in the abuses. He publicly admonished Robert McFarlane, in a letter on August 2, 1984, "I believe that the role assigned to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) on the revised Executive Order exceeds its proper function as a coordinating agency for emergency preparedness." He also protested, "the expansion of the definition of severe emergencies to encompass `routine' domestic law enforcement."

This public chastisement necessitated a cleaning of house. FEMA Inspector General Robert Guffus discovered large-scale waste and dysfunction in his investigation. Its federal programs with state and local governments were badly coordinated. Personnel suffered from imprecise program guidelines, a lack of resources, fiscal mis-management, unclear assignment of responsibilities, overlapping job descriptions, inflated training figures, and a lack of written procedures.

To top it off, FEMA head Louis Giuffrida was discovered to have spent $170,000 of agency funds to outfit a deluxe bachelor pad at the Civil Defense Training Academy in Emmitsburg, Maryland. He was forced to resign in 1985.

Louis Giuffrida had run FEMA since 1981. He played a major role in the transformation of FEMA from a public disaster management aid to an extension of the military intelligence state. Yet today, Louis Giuffrida is not mentioned on the FEMA.gov website official "History" of FEMA.

After the scandal, National Security Director Robert McFarlane quietly removed North from the EMPB and assigned him to help with conducting unconventional warfare in Nicaragua. North became overseer of a new wing of the State Department dedicated to molding public opinion, the "Office of Public Diplomacy." He released disinformation on the Sandinista regime in Nicaragua including a leak that the Soviet Union was shipping MiG fighter jets to the Sandinistas, a story that later proved false. North supervised the "black operations" that funded the Contras through narcotics trading and illegal arms sales to Iran, in violation of Federal law. Oliver North is today an "embedded reporter" for the highly-rated Fox News Channel, but not everyone views Oliver North as a "hero." In August of 94, Judge James L. Berry of Clarke County Circuit Court, in Virginia refused to re-issue North a carrying permit for a concealed weapon, citing his conviction for obstructing Congress during the investigation into the Iran-contra affair. The judge reasoned, "This court is unable to ignore his convictions for crimes based on moral turpitude, even though his convictions were later overturned."

What is FEMA's role today? Simple disaster management in the public interest as per their web site? Or something else more in line with their legacy?

In the months immediately after 9/11, between 1,200 and 2,000 Muslim, Arab and South Asian immigrants were detained and held in secret. Although most have been recently released, the government refused to divulge the names of detainees, how many were held, and how many deported.

On August 14, 2002, Attorney General John Ashcroft was called a "menace to Liberty" by Jonathan Turley, in the Los Angeles Times, for announcing his desire for camps for U.S. citizens he deems "enemy combatants."

Ashcroft has had a troubling history when it comes to civil liberties. The same man who is chipping away at the Bill of Rights endorsed and supported the pro-slavery, pro-white, pro-Confederacy magazine Southern Partisan in 1998. Southern Partisan has published praise for Lincoln's assassin, John Wilkes Booth, as well as "super hero" Nathan Bedford Forrest, founder of the KKK. In an interview Ashcroft said, "Your magazine also helps set the record straight. You've got a heritage of doing that, of defending Southern patriots.... Traditionalists must do more. I've got to do more."

In the summer of 2002, FEMA published a bid request for qualified construction companies to compete for contracts for three $6 million projects to create temporary cities that can house massive populations in the event of a disaster.

Published on conservative web site Newsmax, this news was dismissed by FEMA Spokesman Chad Kolton as "totally bogus." But when challenged by the publishers on the phone, Kolton confirmed the essence of the story. The camps and temporary cities are being planned, to be built in 2003.

FEMA says the sprawling temporary cities are being built to handle millions of displaced persons in the event of a large-scale terrorist attack on a major population center. Perhaps. Maybe FEMA has shed the yoke of its dark history. But considering the agency's legacy, is it so far-fetched to think it is not in some small way laying the groundwork to deal with those who dissent from our government's increasingly draconian program of permanent war?

--------------------------------------
GNN contributor Sander Hicks is the founder of Soft Skull Press, publisher of �Fortunate Son,� the controversial biography of George W. Bush. New York Press recently named him one of New York's "50 Most Loathsome People." His home page is www.sanderhicks.com....

This article was based on Hicks' debut television investigative broadcast for INN Report, a new alternative news hour which airs at 6 PM, on Free Speech TV (Channel 9415) on the Dish Network. This is the expanded version exclusively for GNN.

www.guerrillanews.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Guerrilla News Network (GNN)

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ardhail
I believe I may have some clues as to what's going on with it... But in all honesty, I'd die before I told anyone...

I've had suspicions for years, but a quasi-conclusion for about a year now, and I've basically gone silent on the subject, much to the relief of my less intelligent and logical friends.

I will say one thing though... I trust the government on this.

That's the most you're going to get out of me.
Convenient amnesia is better than permanent silence.

[Edited on 18-3-2003 by Ardhail]

I'd be interested to hear your theories on this. There are many ways to remain anonymous. Try a cyber-cafe or a local library and then delete the temp files and cookies. Or do what I do, say what you want and if anyone gives you grief, hand them their ass in a brown paper bag with the top folded down.

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 01:31 PM
link   
pssst. the camps have been erected to contain the aliens that are approaching our planet as we speak. Nanu Nanu

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by tututkamen
pssst. the camps have been erected to contain the aliens that are approaching our planet as we speak. Nanu Nanu

So, smart-ass, what do you really think these camps are for? It's a fact that many of them do exist, and whole FEMA cities are being built now, since 9/11.

This is not a conspiracy theory, it's public knowledge... I guess you're just not all that knowledgable - even compared to the bovine "public".

In the summer of 2002, FEMA published a bid request for qualified construction companies to compete for contracts for three $6 million projects to create temporary cities that can house massive populations in the event of a disaster.

Published on conservative web site Newsmax, this news was dismissed by FEMA Spokesman Chad Kolton as "totally bogus." But when challenged by the publishers on the phone, Kolton confirmed the essence of the story. The camps and temporary cities are being planned, to be built in 2003.

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 12:11 PM
link   
"These camps have been seriously debunked over and over by members of this community who actually visited locations on the list. "

Yep...

No worries there... You just try and herd 10,000 americans into a camp with a 100 soldiers...!!! You'll end up with 100 dead/captured soldiers, and about 9500 very pissed off americans!

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemeMutation

Originally posted by tututkamen

So, smart-ass, what do you really think these camps are for? It's a fact that many of them do exist, and whole FEMA cities are being built now, since 9/11.

well lets see, the one in Fairbanks is puzzeling cause there is only 750,000 people here in Alaska and no train route to the outside
however in winter time there is a pretty good land bridge to the mongul hordes of Russia, China, Korea, etc... and all the other starving masses.
the Russians have been expanding their tactical battlefield nuclear capacity and Congress last week gave our military 400 million to research and develop the same[cause they lost 3 trillion last year and don't know where to look]
and friendly Mexico has been receiving a lot of Chinese Red Army advisors here lately to assist them
so the one in Alaska is far out there
how about a nuclear terrorist attack in Long Beach at the container port
how about huge 9.1 quake in S.F.
both metropolitan areas are in excess of 15 million of which half would probably turn to looting and killing and require to be subdued and confined
what if SARS develops into more than a severe cold or there is some other biological occurance that requires quarintine of a large segment of the population
asteroid impact?
do you have any idea how many people are going to require half-way housing until they get used to aliens walking down Madison Ave in NYC
we are a nation of boyscouts and should always be prerpared, why do think no one has died from SARS in this country
in closing we are the worlds only hyper-power and should be ready for anything at any time of any nature
truly yours,
tut tut
a.k.a. smart ass and much worse things
p.s. what do you think they are for, wide screen drive-ins

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
"These camps have been seriously debunked over and over by members of this community who actually visited locations on the list. "

Yep...

No worries there... You just try and herd 10,000 americans into a camp with a 100 soldiers...!!! You'll end up with 100 dead/captured soldiers, and about 9500 very pissed off americans!

thats why you never hand over your firearms...

unfortunately, when the time is ripe, the sheeple will gladly go to the camp... for their protection. when the government controls everything, including the food, sheeple will line up at the gate for feeding/fleecing time :-p

it can't happen here are well known last words....

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I've seen a great deal of opinions and evidence stating that these camps are indeed intended for sinister future purposes.

Has anyone on this board checked the locations out? Can you provide some information? Has anyone been involved in building the camps? We've got alot of people here, we might as well act as a community and find out as much as we can from a wide variety of individuals.

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 05:37 PM
link   
so. whats the big deal. are the inmates gonna be executed? probally not. this is not WWII germany. and if they are in this country illegaly they should be punished and sent back.

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Thanks god i live in Canada.
The only thing worth fearing is 30 thousand angry french men looking for mayonaise.
Deep

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemeMutation
Fearing FEMA
Sander Hicks, April 14, 2003
Guerrilla News Network (GNN)

--------------------------

Most Americans know FEMA, the Federal Emergency Management Agency, as the helping hand that shows up after major natural disasters or large-scale terrorist attacks like 9/11, handing out blankets and dolling out loans like a friendly neighbor with a taxpayer-fattened bank account. But beginning in the early 90's, a small contingent of "conspiracy theorists" began to claim there was something much more sinister to the agency. They see FEMA as the nothing less than the stormtroopers of a New World Order, a dark force for oppression that hides behind its benevolent public image waiting to round up patriotic Americans who dare question the creation of a United Nations-controlled One World Government. Frequently, Jews are implicated as part of the scheme, as are assorted Rockefellers and Rothschilds.

The idea that such a seemingly benign agency could harbor a hidden agenda has been largely dismissed by the mainstream media as the paranoid rantings of people who wear tinfoil hats and spend way too much time indoors. But is there any substance to the black helicopter crowd's suspicions?

In fact, the agency does have a long history of totalitarian impulses. In an era of vanishing civil liberties, GNN believes now more than ever it is important to ask: Should we fear FEMA?

FEMA's precursor was the California Specialized Training Institute, a counter-terrorism training center started by then-Governor Ronald Reagan in 1971. Reagan inaugurated the idea of utilizing the military and law enforcement to combat dissent. He hired retired National Guard General Louis O. Giuffrida to design Operation Cable Splicer. The Cable Splicer plans were martial law proposals to legitimize the arrest and detention of anti-Vietnam war activists and other political dissidents. At the Army War College in 1970, Guiffrida had written a proposal that advocated the roundup and transfer to relocation camps of at least 21 million "American Negroes" in the event of a national uprising.

In 1979, under President Carter, FEMA was officially created with a single stroke of a pen by Executive Order 1-2148. However, Ronald Reagan elevated FEMA to intelligence agency status by giving the National Security Council authority over the planning for civil defense policy and security. Reagan created a senior-level interdepartmental board, the Emergency Mobilization Preparedness Board, or EMPB, a precursor to the cabinet-level Office of Homeland Security. The EMPB was charged with coordinating plans for civil security.

Oliver North enters the story here. From 1982 to 1984, North was assigned by National Security Advisor and fellow Iran-Contra conspirator Robert McFarlane to work on the EMPB. Former General Louis Giuffrida was at EMPB as well. According to Covert Action Quarterly, "By forming the Emergency Mobilization Preparedness Board, Ronald Reagan made it possible for a small group of people, under the authority of the NSC, to wield enormous power. They, in turn, used this executive authority to change civil defense planning into a military/police version" of domestic control. While at EMPB, North revised contingency plans for dealing with nuclear war, domestic insurrection and massive military mobilization.

Giuffrida and North worked to refine and implement Operation GARDEN PLOT, a plan to suspend the Constitution in the event of a national crisis, such as widespread internal opposition to a U.S. military invasion abroad. GARDEN PLOT was actually implemented during LA's Rodney King Riots in the form of street curfews as well as in recent anti-globalization protests.

In 1983, at the annual meeting of the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences, FEMA's General Frank S. Salcedo recommended expanding FEMA's power even further. As he saw it at least 100,000 U.S. citizens, from survivalists to tax protesters, were serious threats to civil security. Salcedo saw FEMA's new frontier as the protection of industrial and government leaders from assassination, and the protection of civil and military installations from sabotage or attack. Notable for stations such as this one, Salcedo warned against dissident groups gaining access to U.S. opinion or a global audience in times of crisis.

FEMA and the Department of Defense began a continuing tradition of biannual joint exercises to test civilian mobilization, civil security emergency and counterterrorism plans. The Rex-84 Alpha Explan (Readiness Exercise 1984, Exercise Plan) showed that FEMA lead 34 other federal agencies, including CIA, FBI, and U.S. Treasury, in a massive civil readiness exercise. It was conducted in coordination with "Night Train 84," a worldwide military command post exercise, based on multi-emergency scenarios operating both abroad and at home.

The exercises envisioned that the previously mentioned 100,000 U.S. citizens, labeled "national security threats" would be rounded up and thrown into concentration camps.

FEMA came into direct conflict with the FBI, whose Director William Sessions forced Giuffrida to turn over more than 12,000 political dossiers FEMA had assembled on dissidents.

The FBI's power struggle with FEMA necessitated damage control. Attorney General William French Smith finally reined in the abuses. He publicly admonished Robert McFarlane, in a letter on August 2, 1984, "I believe that the role assigned to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) on the revised Executive Order exceeds its proper function as a coordinating agency for emergency preparedness." He also protested, "the expansion of the definition of severe emergencies to encompass `routine' domestic law enforcement."

This public chastisement necessitated a cleaning of house. FEMA Inspector General Robert Guffus discovered large-scale waste and dysfunction in his investigation. Its federal programs with state and local governments were badly coordinated. Personnel suffered from imprecise program guidelines, a lack of resources, fiscal mis-management, unclear assignment of responsibilities, overlapping job descriptions, inflated training figures, and a lack of written procedures.

To top it off, FEMA head Louis Giuffrida was discovered to have spent $170,000 of agency funds to outfit a deluxe bachelor pad at the Civil Defense Training Academy in Emmitsburg, Maryland. He was forced to resign in 1985.

Louis Giuffrida had run FEMA since 1981. He played a major role in the transformation of FEMA from a public disaster management aid to an extension of the military intelligence state. Yet today, Louis Giuffrida is not mentioned on the FEMA.gov website official "History" of FEMA.

After the scandal, National Security Director Robert McFarlane quietly removed North from the EMPB and assigned him to help with conducting unconventional warfare in Nicaragua. North became overseer of a new wing of the State Department dedicated to molding public opinion, the "Office of Public Diplomacy." He released disinformation on the Sandinista regime in Nicaragua including a leak that the Soviet Union was shipping MiG fighter jets to the Sandinistas, a story that later proved false. North supervised the "black operations" that funded the Contras through narcotics trading and illegal arms sales to Iran, in violation of Federal law. Oliver North is today an "embedded reporter" for the highly-rated Fox News Channel, but not everyone views Oliver North as a "hero." In August of 94, Judge James L. Berry of Clarke County Circuit Court, in Virginia refused to re-issue North a carrying permit for a concealed weapon, citing his conviction for obstructing Congress during the investigation into the Iran-contra affair. The judge reasoned, "This court is unable to ignore his convictions for crimes based on moral turpitude, even though his convictions were later overturned."

What is FEMA's role today? Simple disaster management in the public interest as per their web site? Or something else more in line with their legacy?

In the months immediately after 9/11, between 1,200 and 2,000 Muslim, Arab and South Asian immigrants were detained and held in secret. Although most have been recently released, the government refused to divulge the names of detainees, how many were held, and how many deported.

On August 14, 2002, Attorney General John Ashcroft was called a "menace to Liberty" by Jonathan Turley, in the Los Angeles Times, for announcing his desire for camps for U.S. citizens he deems "enemy combatants."

Ashcroft has had a troubling history when it comes to civil liberties. The same man who is chipping away at the Bill of Rights endorsed and supported the pro-slavery, pro-white, pro-Confederacy magazine Southern Partisan in 1998. Southern Partisan has published praise for Lincoln's assassin, John Wilkes Booth, as well as "super hero" Nathan Bedford Forrest, founder of the KKK. In an interview Ashcroft said, "Your magazine also helps set the record straight. You've got a heritage of doing that, of defending Southern patriots.... Traditionalists must do more. I've got to do more."

FEMA says the sprawling temporary cities are being built to handle millions of displaced persons in the event of a large-scale terrorist attack on a major population center. Perhaps. Maybe FEMA has shed the yoke of its dark history. But considering the agency's legacy, is it so far-fetched to think it is not in some small way laying the groundwork to deal with those who dissent from our government's increasingly draconian program of permanent war?

--------------------------------------
GNN contributor Sander Hicks is the founder of Soft Skull Press, publisher of �Fortunate Son,� the controversial biography of George W. Bush. New York Press recently named him one of New York's "50 Most Loathsome People." His home page is www.sanderhicks.com....

This article was based on Hicks' debut television investigative broadcast for INN Report, a new alternative news hour which airs at 6 PM, on Free Speech TV (Channel 9415) on the Dish Network. This is the expanded version exclusively for GNN.

www.guerrillanews.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Guerrilla News Network (GNN)

you're stupid enough to listen to a thing called GNN and conspiracy theorists?
only in america. i wish i was german.

[Edited on 2-7-2003 by KrazyIvan]

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Above Top Secret has this same story, except with pictures.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join