It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Footage Caught on 03/21/2011

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I admit, I am stumped. I can't even think of any good questions to ask. The questions I had, have already been asked.

I can see how you might think it is Charlie. It seems to want to "lay" on the bed.

Well, if it is any comfort, if it is Charlie, I guess you don't have to be too scared. Charlie just loves you and wants to visit.

I am stumped as to what else it could be. The footage is grainy but I can't see any real light source in that room that would create a reflection or what have you that apparently moves....

But you also say you have heard voices, so this lead me to believe that if it is a ghost, perhaps it is either not charlie, or it is more than just Charlie. Do they seem to be mean? Or just...there sort of minding there own business?

Now, as silly as this sounds, it has worked for me the times I have had ghostly encounters. If you do not want them there, tell them so. Be firm but polite. Say out loud that this is your house and only you get to decide who is welcome. That they have to leave and are never allowed back. Things like that.

I know, it sounds silly, but there have been a couple times when I saw or heard something and it scared me and I said that like I would to any other person that I did not want in my house. They always left and never came back.

At the very least, it's worth a shot and can't hurt.
edit on 21-1-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SweetSomnia

ah ok because after posting my last post i had another look at it and remembered seeing in person that particular defect in someones webcam some years ago, And i mean exactly the same.But you cleared it up before i got to that , kudos.

The one thing i had no explanation for was the misty thingy thing thingy floating onto your bed.

I am usually quit harsh with certain claims on this sub-forum (you can check my post history for that!!1
) but i cannot detect any fakery in that part so far.The only thing i can say is that it is part of the camera defect but other then that no clue.

No obvious bs detected here, so refreshing to see.

good one

edit on 21-1-2012 by Rafe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Rafe_

Yeah, and I think it is a good idea to be a bit harsh. To take a look at it from a skeptics point of view, whether you believe or not. It helps to find any possible logical explanations and if you can rule out those logical explanations, then maybe you have something.

This video... I am really thinking the OP has something here.

The thread is still new and it should be interesting to see what others have to say.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
But you also say you have heard voices, so this lead me to believe that if it is a ghost, perhaps it is either not charlie, or it is more than just Charlie. Do they seem to be mean? Or just...there sort of minding there own business?

Well, I mentioned previously a few of the times we had some spooky things happen. The voices seemed to mimic the people in our house, never its own voice. ONE time my stoic, skeptic, underwhelmed at anything sister was getting a towel out of the walk in closet and heard a little girl laughing. As did my mother later. So Im thinking it is perhaps a childs ghost. And you may be right - perhaps Charlie isnt alone.

Be interesting to see because they moved, if Charlie moved to the new house to be near his beloved owner (my mom's boyfriend) or if he was in fact at that house and is there permanently (worth continuing recording?). OR if its just a time loop and that was basically a physical manifestation of something hes always done. Interested to hear your thoughts!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
AND I put it on ATS with much trepidation as Ive seen the carnage left after a video gets thrown to the wolves, haha. But Im confident in that at least I know personally no one in my family is smart enough to mess with video and there is no logical answer I have to a light seeming to move consciously on its own in a dark room. As to be expected - tear it to pieces - maybe at the end it'll retain some semblance of dignity and end as an addition to the multitude of evidence that we may certainly not be alone.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Well it is doing well so far and i am usually one to tear it apart at the first sign of fraud so i wouldn't worry to much.Do note that the so called 'astral experts' and 'remote viewers' and 'demonologists' haven't even touched this one yet telling us precisely and as a matter of factly what we are looking at.funny actually when you stop to think about their absence.

OT again. I am no camera or expert on lenses but as long as no one can point a camera or lense defect out you got a good one going here.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SweetSomnia

Be interesting to see because they moved, if Charlie moved to the new house to be near his beloved owner (my mom's boyfriend) or if he was in fact at that house and is there permanently (worth continuing recording?). OR if its just a time loop and that was basically a physical manifestation of something hes always done. Interested to hear your thoughts!

Well, at the end of the day, I can only speculate. But I do believe in ghosts as well as... I guess a time loop is a good way to describe it. Something that happened long ago, replaying over and over like a scratched record skipping.

I think that ghosts are conscious ( For lack of a better term) but those "time loops" are not. That they are more like a recording of something that happened long ago, being played over and over ( To put it in simple terms).

Has there ever been any direct interaction? Did they seem to know you were there too?

Again, these are just my opinions and beliefs. At the end of the day, I guess no one really knows for sure. But having seen ghosts a number of times myself and studied the phenomenon as much as one really can study a topic not yet proven to even exist... I will try to help you as much as I can.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

AND I put it on ATS with much trepidation as Ive seen the carnage left after a video gets thrown to the wolves, haha. But Im confident in that at least I know personally no one in my family is smart enough to mess with video and there is no logical answer I have to a light seeming to move consciously on its own in a dark room. As to be expected - tear it to pieces - maybe at the end it'll retain some semblance of dignity and end as an addition to the multitude of evidence that we may certainly not be alone.

Yeah, we can get pretty rabid when we tear apart and scrutinize a video. This thread has been pretty tame so far.

But if anyone can find an answer it's ATS.

And that is right, if after it is fully picked apart, we still can't find a logical explanation... Well, then I think you have something.

I looked at both and I am far from an expert on video analysis. But I don't think the anomaly is caused by the video distortion.

I really want other people who do know about video analysis and what not, to come take a look and offer their thoughts.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

My "defense" if I had one against the mist anomaly being a defect in the cam - I would argue that even I, the owner of the clip, clearly see huge splotches of lighter pixelation litter the entire video during its play - thats why it stood out so much. It was sustainable throughout duration in its opaqueness and location. I would assume if it was the horrible cam, all the splotches would move or look like that. But this clearly stands out. Im crossing my fingers that its my furry friend. Like I said, maybe one night Ill do a quick one minute record with the same cam to show you. With technology and skepticism these days, is it worth it to even try to prove oneself, who knows? But if I find the time, Ill probably do it for you all.

As for interacting with us - the only time I can recall is like I said, when my sister (the one who couldnt care less) was at the computer and looked out the window and saw a girl - plain as day according to her - standing in the archway between the den and the kitchen. She said she lingered a couple seconds to make sure she wasn't making it up and was actually afraid to turn around and have it confirmed in reality so she did have a good look at her in the window before she turned around. And when she did, she said thank god for her nothing was there because it had her pretty spooked.

Now the boyfriend and I have spent many a night at the ole' local cemetery with our cams after we got this vid because it kind of proved to us things we both wanted to believe but had no real proof of until that point. So I will definitely continue my quest for knowledge.

*Side note - ehh... - not sure if worth mentioning but what the hey, Ill keep it as anonymous as I can but I DO have two younger sisters K1 and K2 who are respectively 18 and 14. K2 was the first to report the happenings. At the time I hadn't lived there so when I did return, it was at a point when these events were in full swing. K2 claimed to have a woman whom she calls Claire wake her up sometimes in the night by appearing as a misty light standing by her door. We don't call K2 chicken little for nothing. Shes the one who wont go downstairs at 4 o'clock in the afternoon without 30 lights on so when she came to me and said this, and told me she wasn't afraid of this Claire at all - "because its not Claire that's trying to scare us", I kind of wrote it off as her way of dealing with it all. Now who knows...could be a 14 year old imaginative girls defense mechanism for living in a scary house - or as I may theorize, as anyone familiar with the paranormal knows, K2 given the fact that shes an adolescent female, may be a sort of beacon for the spooky stuff that was going on.

For amusements sake, if she still has it, i'll add an EVP we have of her on the phone calling me because the bathroom door downstairs was opening and closing by itself (can clearly be heard in the EVP from a distance). I was not there but can be heard on the phone and was offering emotional support because she was scared out her mind following my drill of "RECORD RECORD RECORD" if anything happens! She immediately opened audacity and you can hear her on the phone with me - freaking out. Ill try to recover that tomorrow from her. If I do have it - note its for entertainment purposes only. EVP's are tricky. Nothing can be proven in an EVP hence why I wont ever post one as a main thread - but realize I am one of those who gets enraged when I have my heart set on an authentic piece of evidence only to have it proven hoax. Im not here to waste anyone's time.

That house was a goldmine for sure but I'm thinking it might be worth having her record in the new house for a week or two to see if anything comes up. Just wanted to shout out to the few of you following this thread. Im really quite enjoying hearing all of your opinions. Im just as curious as all of you to find some answers and get some REAL proof once and for all that "they" exist.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

maybe one night Ill do a quick one minute record with the same cam to show you. With technology and skepticism these days, is it worth it to even try to prove oneself, who knows? But if I find the time, Ill probably do it for you all.

I do wish to make it clear to everyone that I am not stating anything as fact, I am stating my opinions based on many years of study and investigating this topic.

That out of the way,

I think it is worth it, there will no doubt be a few who say hoax, or some other such thing. Doing that would show you are doing everything you can to show that you genuinely caught something and you want help figuring out what it is, be it a ghost or just a trick of the light.

And for the record it is obvious at least to me, that you are just trying to figure out what you have caught in camera. I believe you.

As for interacting with us - the only time I can recall is like I said, when my sister (the one who couldnt care less) was at the computer and looked out the window and saw a girl -

Now, this is interesting to me, because you mentioned hearing a girls laughter before.Maybe this girl and the laughing girl are the same.

So I will definitely continue my quest for knowledge.

Yes.
I am glad to hear that. Always study, research, experiment and try to find answers.Yes, sometimes it can be scary to investigate such things, but face that fear and you wont be sorry, in the end. It sounds like you have done quite a bit of research though. So that is great!

K2 claimed to have a woman whom she calls Claire wake her up sometimes in the night by appearing as a misty light standing by her door.

Forgive me if I am missing the obvious. Has K2 seen the footage you presented? If not, show it to her... Perhaps she might be able to identify this mist we are seeing.... If she has not seen it, be sure not to lead her into saying that it is Claire.

Just ask her what she makes of the footage.

she wasn't afraid of this Claire at all - "because its not Claire that's trying to scare us", I kind of wrote it off as her way of dealing with it all. Now who knows...could be a 14 year old imaginative girls defense mechanism for living in a scary house - or as I may theorize, as anyone familiar with the paranormal knows, K2 given the fact that shes an adolescent female, may be a sort of beacon for the spooky stuff that was going on.

Id at least take what K2 said into consideration. I share a similar belief due to my research ( As much as you can research such a topic....) that younger kids tend to attract more attention, so to speak. I've read that it's to do with them being more open to it so their energy is stronger... That is speculation though. But it has always made sense to me.

For amusements sake, if she still has it, i'll add an EVP we have of her on the phone

I would LOVE to hear that and I imagine most others here would too, if she is okay with you sharing it, please do.

That house was a goldmine for sure but I'm thinking it might be worth having her record in the new house for a week or two to see if anything comes up.

Yeah, I think it is worth a try. There are reports of being followed from one house to another. Reports that sometimes it's not the house that attracts them, but a person or object....Again, speculation at the end of the day, but for what that is worth.

You and I seem to share a similar viewpoint about the phenomenon.

Sorry this reply is so long. I just wanted to specifically address certain things.
edit on 22-1-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I happen to love a good, long post. As you can see im hardly at a loss for words myself
thorough is good. So after these strange revelations, I sort of took K2 under my wing in the ways of the paranormal. Shes 14 and is predisposed to their "eccentricities". I made it a point early on to try my best to teach her to think objectively rather than subjectively out of fear. She is quite the little ghostbuster herself and actually was the one who watched that clip twenty times til she was sure she saw the mist. I asked - out of curiousity just to see what shed say and she said it was not Claire, she doesnt appear that way. She was just as stumped and excited as me. The one plus - she doesnt claim to have any abilities, its kind of a take it as it comes kind of thing. My family isnt the most openminded so she knows shed be preaching to the wrong choir if she all of a sudden claimed to have the sixth sense. I havent had a full conversation with her for the past few days so ill make sure to get her on the phone today so I can see what all she still has on her computer.

Gimme_some_truth - ill make sure to keep in touch - we do seem to have a similar viewpoint. Thatll come in handy as I plan to continue my paranormal research and would love an unbiased opinion to share any findings with!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I asked - out of curiousity just to see what shed say and she said it was not Claire, she doesnt appear that way. She was just as stumped and excited as me.

Interesting. I really wonder what it could be. I was hoping to come back to this thread and find more replies. I think people tend to get sucked into the political threads during election season.

Anyway, I look forward to hearing more and seeing what plays out.

Gimme_some_truth - ill make sure to keep in touch - we do seem to have a similar viewpoint. Thatll come in handy as I plan to continue my paranormal research and would love an unbiased opinion to share any findings with!

Call me GST, or Scott ( Most people already know my name anyway
)

Please do keep in touch. While I am a firm believer in ghosts, I have always done my best to look at any experience from a skeptics point of view. This allows me to come up with all kinds of potential logical explanations and then, if I am able to rule out the "logical", I can say, well maybe it was a ghost.... It stops me from just jumping to one conclusion or another and it helps to find answers,what ever they may be.

I've had experiences most of my life. The earliest I can remember, I was 3 years old ( About). But I did not start seriously studying and investigating the phenomenon until I was about 9 or 10. So, I am fairly well versed in all the theories and what not, plus I remain unbiased.

So yes, do keep in touch

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
s1256.photobucket.com...

Until I can figure out how to post each individual picture here (assistance would be well appreciated), here is a link to my PB album including pictures of Charlie the cat, and some stills from the video that I enhanced and inverted. They are pretty telling! Share your thoughts. PS- Still working on getting those EVPs, bear with me.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Here on ATS. At the top. Go to tools, then ATS uploads.

Then you can upload your pictures directly to ATS.

From there you can click on any picture you uploaded and it will give you the different links to choose from. Either the direct embed links or just the URL link.

Then just copy and paste said link into your post here.

The link you provided works just as well, for what it is worth.

That is interesting. I admit, I can see the similarity between Charlie and the anomaly.

But keep in mind the possibility of seeing what you want to see.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I have to admit, I also have no idea what it is. Given how "low" it appears and how it moves, I thought feline immediately, even if not Charlie. Its a shame, as you said, how everyone is a bit distracted with politics on ATS. I was hoping for some more observations. Some people out there have the passion and means to enhance and analyse the video on the computer in a way I cant. Perhaps someone will show up. As of right now, Im doing my best to convince K2 to record in the new house. She's afraid, so I told her to leave the Audacity recording during the day while she is at school. Be interested to see if anything comes up when no one is home.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Sorry it took me so long to reply. My computer was being a butt hole. I had to do a system restore

Anyway, This one is mainly a bump for your thread, hoping some one will come along with some video analysis expertise.

I am trying to think of who I know on ATS who might be able to help.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join