It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Summary of feeling about commercial for today's EAS test in the US

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Hi guys. I drafted a summary of everyone's comments to my original thread on the commercial we've seen advising of today's EAS test. You can find it here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks to everyone who commented - it's 1:59 so here we go...

Timidgal

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

I'l be one of the first to report that it lasted less than 30 seconds here in NY... Still sitting here with no unusual events. As a side note, the signals didn't even disturb my two cats who usually perk up at any unusual sound. Nothing nefarious being implied but I think they downplayed the signals as much as possible (which is good since it was only "A TEST").

Timidgal
edit on 11/9/2011 by timidgal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I am in Portland, Oregon and nothing happened. Anyone else in the Northwest experience it?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

It's over now...but what was strange was that the weather channel said "the test is over"....then about a minute later the test came on, and seemed to be over, then on top of the screen, a scroll came on about some kind of warning in effect for the district of columbia until such and such time (I couldn't read it all)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
well the bleep bleep bleep kept the voice from being heard very well , this is a bleep... you have bleep test bleep this is only a test blepbleep blep no sound then the news again no word to the test... oh well just another day

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Hindsight being 20/20, thank goodness this was just a test because it would appear that it wasn't as coordinated as it was supposed to be. Seems like there's a lot of bugs for them to work out...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Usual ems message, but said federal.
I guess I need to go to my FEMA camp now...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Total fail here in Southern Oregon. Not a beep, no silence, nothing on TV or Radio. Lucky us.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

that and i thought Obama was to do some speaking as well, not that it matters, but then it is the Gov when nothing goes as planed

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

I think I'll just put my feet up and relax until they come knocking on my door.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Very well said!!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by RedBeardRay

now i bet they will say it was a success, late, no clear message, and not all areas covered.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
some cable channels only had a side-scrolling message for a few seconds.

no emblem.

no sound.

no interruptions.

anyone watching had no clue of anything !

cox cable - las vegas.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Read the post here by shadow watcher www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
One thing I did notice was that the cable box wouldn't change stations (or so I thought). I was flipping through to see how it would be on the different stations. But nothing would happen. I would normally see the blue fringe (comcast) on the bottom of the screen telling me the channel, program, hour and so forth. This time, nothing, which leads me to believe the EAS also takes over that stuff as well. When it ended, ironically enough, I was looking at a happy-go-lucky Megan Kelly, apparently I had switched to Fox in my channel changing even though it didn't register a change on screen during the test.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Sphota

channel wouldn't change for me either

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Sphota

That's wierd I was able to change channels, and saw very little in the way of a test on some of them. This is a post from another thread of my experience.

"Odd. I was watching for it and didn't know what channel to watch, but then figured it wouldn't matter because it should have been on all stations, right? Nothing on the channel (I think I was on TBS), so I switched it to Syfy, again nothing. So I switched it to one of the news channels and saw a story about nukes and Russia or something about the IEAE whatever that is, yes I'm ignorant, and there was a ticker on the bottom of the screen still saying that at 2 pm EST there would be a test of the... blah blah blah. Then I switched to another news channel and the ticker stated that what was just seen was a national test of the emergency alert system or whatever.

I don't know what they were trying to do, but it seemed to fail.

By the way, this was for me all a matter of around 2 minutes of me switching channels and stuff. I also felt woozy and dizzy and like there was pressure in my head. Not kidding. I checked twice while it was still in the few minutes from 2pm on. I'm gonna go check again if it matters if the TV is on. As soon as I walked from the living room to the kitchen to look here at my comp, the feeling went away. Gah, I know this sounds stupid and crazy, but figured I'd share anyway. LOL

Ok no, it didn't occur again with the TV off or on. I tried both and I sat in the same spot thinking it could be something to do with that spot in my house. "

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I also felt woozy and dizzy and like there was pressure in my head

That was Obama reprogramming your brain through the signal, didn't you get the memo? lol

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellie Sagan

The more I'm reading on the various threads, the more obvious it becomes that this was, for the most part, a total failure. Let's hope there are no REAL emergencies any time soon in the future before they fix this or get their s##t together.

Glad you're feeling okay and stress from these kinds of things will do funky things to a person...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The failure may have been planned.

Now they will take bids from contractors to "solve" the problem.

All for millions more in fees of course

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join