It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So the EAS Test . . .

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Staafke
As a European citizen, may I ask what the hell you're all talking about?

No. Sorry, it's a U.S. secret test. Only the 1% are allowed to know about it.

link   
I was just going to post a thread about this. I put on CNN at the 2:00 at 2:01 when the EAS came on, it was inaudible with loud static. About half way through I heard two men arguing about the EAS and how Obama needs it to send a mass message to us all. It was weird in a sense that you could only hear it if you were willing to turn up the volume and endure the static but the voices were clear enough to hear most of it.

It almost sounded like Alex Jones, but that would be too far fetched.

Has anyone else heard similar? I thought maybe it was background from the news channel, but when it ended the news guy was going on about heavy d being dead. I DO remember reading here about off air conversations being picked up on old satellite boxes years ago...maybe this was related?

eta- Verizon cable
edit on 9/11/11 by shadow watcher because: drink more ovaltine

link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

this is a bit friggin' weird...i dunno what to make of it.

link   
reply to post by The4thLegacy

we have 3 tvs on

1 CNN
2 NICKJr
3 LOCAL

Nothing happened on 2 and only the CNN one had a very quick 2 second black screen with just the words EAS TEST..nothing else. FAIL...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

Well I'm near Crown Point,sirens started about 2 minutes after the test,lasted maybe 3 minutes.
Probably nothing as the weather is a bit nasty,just thought I'd make mention.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

I'm bummed, mine looked NOTHING like this at all.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I'm in Louisiana and what I saw (on the weather channel, was this. They announced that the test would start in a few minutes....then they came on and said it was over. About a minute later, we heard the sound of the EBS and said it was testing the system, then it was over. The weather channel started back up with a scroll at the top about the warning for D.C.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by lilowl53

What did it look like?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I flipped through all radio stations in my area. They all had it on for the 30 seconds between 2 and 2:05 - I guess it depended on when/what radio station there was.

I also heard background talking and had to turn my radio up to hear it better.

didn't see it on any TV's but I heard about the DC warning. What's good with that?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Well I suppose it may actually have been a good idea to test the system. It seemed to bit a bit screwy.
Where I am it was late and when it happened. Predominantly audible was much static and talk radio or some such audio broadcast could be heard in the background.

I'll predict more such tests until the kinks are worked out.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSouszay

i had to edit my post i said NW when im actually NE. oops. even while theres a tornado warning our sirens dont always go off.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Oh my god! I'm in DC and there are paratroopers landing everywhere. They look russian! I gotta run now!

Meerkat!

link   
reply to post by MightyQuincunx

My question is what do they mean by "point of entry"? Do they mean that is where the message originated from, or do they mean that something or someone is entering DC?

link   
all me and my family got was some spanish show with all these mexicans with guns in some house....

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Here in Lawrenceville, GA I've been listening to the radio all day. No testing or warning message was played. No interruption was noticed. Though I did lose internet through my voice over IP phone. I rebooted the phone and now the internet works just fine.

link   
Well, I don't know about whats going on in everyone else's neck of the woods, but there's a giant freakin' space ship hovering over my neighborhood and it looks pissed!! They just sprayed my truck some strange white goo . . . . . Oh wait, never mind, that's bird crap, it was just a flock of pigeons.

edit on 11/9/2011 by amaster because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by matrixportal
all me and my family got was some spanish show with all these mexicans with guns in some house....

Perfect! Congratulations for a succesful EAS test.

link   
Has anyone got a handle on this DC warning issue? I have DirecTv and there was a very clear black scroll bar at the top of the screen with white text that read:

A Primary Point Of Entry Has Issued An Emergency Notification For The Following Counties: District Of Columbia

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
reply to post by MightyQuincunx

My question is what do they mean by "point of entry"? Do they mean that is where the message originated from, or do they mean that something or someone is entering DC?

From wikipedia:

More than thirty radio stations are designated as National Primary Stations in the Primary Entry Point (PEP) System to distribute Presidential messages to other broadcast stations and cable systems.[3] The Emergency Action Notification is the notice to broadcasters that the President of the United States or his designee will deliver a message over the EAS via the PEP system.[4]

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Here on the local NBC channel it looked like a normal EAS test, in some places it didn't go off at all!!

Government you fail ..................... yet again!!!!

BREAKING EMERGENCY ALERT SYSTEM TEST FAILS

At 2 pm today the National Emergency Alert System is supposed be tested for the first time in its history on a federal level. As of 2:03 the system has yet to be activated. Every TV and radio station in the nation will broadcast the test alert for 30 seconds. The system was created in 1963 to allow the President to address the nation in the time of nuclear attack or other national crisis. Read more: www.businessinsider.com... ign=politics#ixzz1dEoFHhW8

edit on 9-11-2011 by WhoDat09 because: to add link

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join