It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's with the guy used on the commercial for the tomorrow's EAS test in the US?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by grubblesnert

Umm, blind people use ATMs?

What else do you think we should do away with? No seriously, tell me what else you consider to be wasteful spending.

Leave the #ing captions alone and no one gets hurt.

I did not mention blindness or wasteful spending. You seem a bit "kneejerky" in your assumptions and testy in nature. Are you the type of person who uses your handicap and/or disability as yourself assigned "Badge of Honor"? As your excuse for hair trigger self rightous indignation? Perhaps as your excuse for your misfitting into the mainstream and feeling you may not be percieved as "special"?
Pity parties serve no one. As most people I know other people who have suffered grievous injuries or have been born with physical or mental shortcomings. True character is what prevails. Bristling a blustering over percieved prejudices in foolish. To assign yourself the online corrector is vain and conceited. Please get over yourself.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
And no one thinks the date of the test, 11-9-11, is odd or suspicious? Why this date? Surely someone in the government had to have noticed the similarity and raised a concern that maybe, just maybe, we should pick another date? Unless.....

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The Test will radiate Subliminal Messages! Stay away from this broadcast!

It is meant to give the sheeple their next set of commands.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
When I saw this commercial I thought it was werid that they feel like people are going to panic. Why would people panic if it's going to say "This is only a test". If they are going to come on and say "we are being invaded by aliens!........not" I could see where this would insue panic. Are people just that dumb that they have to say over and over and over again that this is just a test, don't panic?

I do think they are doing this because some serious junk is coming and they will need to warn people about it in masse, and they need to be sure this way will work. It does freak me out, but these are the times we live in.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MaMaa

We did the same thing. Why pay for cable if your patient enough to wait till your favorite shows are available on the Networks webpage for stream, or netflix stream. I dont do mail netlfix, just the instanst one. We get by fine. Catch all my news on google now instead of tv. We havent missed it, although the kids go crazy when we go over to somebodies house who has cable, they love disney channel. They would watch it all day if they could. Glad I don't have cable for that reason as well.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
I just want to let everyone know, this kind of test has not been done before, as far as my middle aged years go.
I just find it odd and chilling to be quite frank. FEMA has announced in past years that they would not alert people if there was a threat of any type of apocalyptic asteroid or comet, so I see this as more of a preparation for a nuclear attack.

So exactly how are we to prepare for a nuclear attack? Put our heads in a microwave on High or Low?

Which death will be more painful? Nuclear or Microwave? Errrrr LESS painful?

I fail to see the correlation.

I think they just want to shore up a national announcement system,coast to coast. Of course they can use it for nefarious purposes. First they have to make sure they understand the glitches and why.

Then off for evil purposes.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

Dont watch or listen during the test! ITSA TRAP! They're gonna Hypnotise everyone into believing in them and be a loyal subject as well as teleporting their demonic nanobots into our BRAINS!!!!!

Na, im just kidding.....but I'm not watching anyway

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
... FEMA has announced in past years that they would not alert people if there was a threat of any type of apocalyptic asteroid or comet...

Do you have a source for making this statement? I, for one, would like to see this(these) announcement(s)...or at least some verification they have been made...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by 1yearning2bfree

And I see you took the time to post this claptrap elsewhere also...just in case you did not see my reply to your post in the other thread, here it is again...

You know what? That is the biggest piece of bull cookies article I have read in my life...You have some nerve posting that and it is EXTREMELY duplicitous for the author of the article to label himself as PC World (a reputable publication) in order to garner hits...it may even be against the law of several countries...there is not one thing about the article that is genuine...NOTHING!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by grubblesnert

Perfectly articulated.

In ten minutes time, we shall see what becomes of this test. I don't have television or radio, so will someone be kind enough to fill me in if/when it's over?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. There were lots of great comments and much food for thought. There were also some comments that were not so great - such as certain posters who ridiculed the sign language interpreter - shame on you!!

It's obvious that we all have our thoughts or concerns about what the true motive of this test MIGHT be and opinions ranged anywhere from it merely being a benign test (most popular opinion) to it being a planned announcement of some catastrophic event, some form of mind control or the rebooting of our "systems" for some other nefarious purpose. Unless we're all walking around like zombies at 2:04 PM today, I don't think we'll be able to have a definitive conclusion to that debate any time soon; however, I wanted to summarize some of the comments about the commercial itself that bothered or made some posters (such as myself) feel uneasy (whether it was by visuals or feelings/thoughts invoked by the commercial):

- Whereas some felt the commercial is merely meant as a warning to prevent any form of mass panic during the EAS test (such as that which occurred during the War of the Worlds radio broadcast in the 1930s), others felt this purpose would be overkill (and therefore a bunch of malarkey) if, during the EAS test, it continuously broadcasts "THIS IS ONLY A TEST".

- Some felt it odd that they were so heavily publicizing a test that has just never been performed before on a national level and some questioned why they would be doing it now, when global tensions are so high, as opposed to after 9/11 when our country was supposedly under attack. Also, one poster took issue with the date of the test, 11-9-11, and felt that if nothing else was intended by it (which was questionable to him/her), it was strange that the government wouldn't have realized that this would be noticed and perhaps insensitive to some people.

- Subconscious associations to other unsavory characters (i.e. Mr. Garrison from South Park or the cartoon depiction of “BOB” of the Church of the SubGenius).

- Large odd symbol in the background of the American eagle being electrocuted by high tension wires (which is obviously the badge for the FCC but still disconcerting).

- Disparity over the estimated time for the test (3 minutes versus 30 seconds) – the FEMA handbook provided by Wrabbit2000 states "The test will last approximately three minutes, slightly longer than a monthly test, to ensure that the equipment will not “lock up” after two minutes (the maximum length for all other EAS alerts)." It will be interesting to see how long this thing lasts...

- Many commented it was strange that they chose a stiff looking naval military officer as the commercial spokesperson as opposed to a celebrity or other political figure who would have served the purpose of instilling calm or drawing the attention of viewers.

- Some were uncomfortable that the commercial was evidently broadcasted extensively in some areas but not others (for instance, it’s been viewed in NY metropolitan area for approximately three days whereas some others in different parts of the country didn't see it for the first time until late last night).

- Many felt it wreckless, and therefore suspicious, that, via these commercials, we are affectively announcing to the rest of the world the exact time during which our nation will be vulnerable due to a communications blackout.

- The amount of times the commercial used the word "test" (which I counted as six times during the 30 second commercial).

- The low budgeted look which gave the impression that it wasn't an official commercial; what’s the point of having a “warning” commercial if it’s not made in such a way as to capture a viewer’s attention.

- Reminiscent of Nazi propaganda used to perpetuate fear and keep control over citizenry.

Well, time is quickly drawing near and I’m sure we’ll have some of these issues put to rest within the next half hour or so. Thanks to everyone for your comments and I’m sure there will be much more discussion to come…

Timidgal

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
You know those HD converter boxes that were made "mandatory" to watch t.v a few years ago. They were GIVING them away for free. What if this Federal Emergency Broadcast is to turn off and re-boot so the HD boxes now give off a mind controlling frequency? Think about it, the 1 national emergency broadcast, then waited a few years for the HD boxes to be mandatory household items. Then re-boot and turn on all boxes for the programming to really begin. Just threw that one out there.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Can't see anything...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
This is creeping me out. Is someone there? Are you guys online?
edit on 9-11-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
LOL A LOT of channels carried it. Local NBC and Local Fox did NOT. Oh WAIT Local Fox just popped it...
LOL I guess they're dialing it in. Yep...Fox was about 20 seconds... Back to Frazier...
NBC just cut into Inside Addition for about 20second....

OK turning toob off again...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I'm here! i dont own a T.V. or cable so i feel a bit safer. but only a bit....who knows what my modem is capable of....

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by thepupils

A theory posted by others as well so who knows. I'm just glad this is over so I can get some work done (can't do it without some normal background noise).

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

It would be nice if he took some time to explain why such a system is necessary and why the test need to be repeated each month. Ofcourse, I can IMAGINE why the test needs to be tested each month but I can also imagine not everybody has the same imagination I have.

The message shows how far the US government is removed from the people.....detached from the citizens. It is laid upon the people and they do not really care if you know the specifics of the test.....they think it is important that they know.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Cesar85

Looked like a normal EAS test, although it said National...across the top of the test here in my area it stated that the District of columbia was under some kind of warning until 1:18....is that what everyone else saw?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Yet another wonderful aspect of our governmental system, yes? We've always been at the mercy of our government and I assume that we always will be. Doesn't make it right, merely the reality.

My son likens it to a child being at the mercy of his parents and doesn't understand that a parent always has the child's best interests at heart - I choose to let him stay innocent for a while longer; he'll learn soon enough the difference between the two.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join