It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver Occupy... Group Just Elected Their First Leader

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Also from the article:

Shelby’s election comes in response to Denver Mayor Michael Hancock’s request that Occupy Denver choose leadership to deal with city and state officials.

They voted a canine as their leader to 'talk' with Denver's mayor, which tells me they are not serious about their 'cause'. Plain and simple.

Everyone wants there to be a single person to focus their rebuttals and mudslinging.

This was done to make a point.. there is no one leader. we do not need leadwers. we are free people. we are ALL the leaders.

That's what freedom and democracy is all about.
It frustrates the hell out of the Government and banks because their is no single face with which to focus their smear campaign/blackmail/extortion/legal attack/etc....
They need one guy to fight because they cannot fight us all.

Why do you think the Govt has totally ignored the reasons for the protest, and have cried for some single form of leadership to emerge?

C'Mon guys this is just so very very obvious now it's pathetic.
They know the jig is up. Just watch the really big money debt move over the next few months by the big banks into secured accounts that WE the taxpayers are accountable for.
All while you guys focus on the dog and pony show.

It's happening right now as you read this post.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

It's good that they don't have a leader. No leader, no followers. Everyone stays enlightened and speaking THEIR minds rather than a hive mind.

Do you have any clue how ineffective this sort of movement is? If you don't, I think you will soon enough. The lack of leadership and direction detracts from any credibility the movement hopes to accrue.

You can use buzzwords like 'hive mind' all you want but the only hope for the OWS movement is that they'll come back to the real world and realize that you can't make a difference with this 'amorphous noise' approach.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BadNinja68

well done,

if a leader was picked an imediate smaear campain would be used to discredit the whole movement,
or legal action or other "covert" methods would be employed.

and its funney because the elected officials and wall street already KNOW what the protests are about,
they just want some points to attack for the lame stream media.

how can a comunity be stopped?
they cant unless a leader sells them out.

no leader no sell out
lol

xploder

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by relpobre000

It's good that they don't have a leader. No leader, no followers. Everyone stays enlightened and speaking THEIR minds rather than a hive mind.

Do you have any clue how ineffective this sort of movement is? If you don't, I think you will soon enough. The lack of leadership and direction detracts from any credibility the movement hopes to accrue.

You can use buzzwords like 'hive mind' all you want but the only hope for the OWS movement is that they'll come back to the real world and realize that you can't make a difference with this 'amorphous noise' approach.

i cant help myself LOL

remember egypt?
ring any bells?

you dont know what you are saying or you are just trying to be obtuse?

it sounded like you said protesting does nothing,
could you please correct me if i am incorrect about what you are trying to say

thanks in advance

xploder

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Do you really want to go there with Egypt? Care to tell me how the revolution is working out for the Egyptian people? But that's really neither here nor there.

Believe it or not 'protesting' isn't just a leaderless group standing in the streets with signs. So, yes, this brand of 'protest' is incredibly ineffective and a waste of time.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by relpobre000

and yet here we are talking about the issuies on those signs,
lol
do you realize that this is now world wide,
lol

and egypt was a dictatorship, america is......................
or will be a republic again

do you realize the attension is educating people who normally would have not taken an interest.

lol

and it is now a comunity of protestors and i double dare you to go to a protest and tell them they dont know why they are there

tripple dare you to get face to face and tell them they dont know why they are there

lol

keep trying bud

xp

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
tripple dare you to get face to face and tell them they dont know why they are there

So, I'm supposed to be fearful? On second thought I probably wouldn't try to reason with them. I've seen the instability:
Protester throws fit in McDonald's...

SoCal Street Cart Vendors Hurting After ‘Occupy’ Group Splatters Blood, Urine

Once again, care to do some research and tell me how Egypt is really doing these days?
Your 'arguments' are fairly empty. The misspelled words coupled with the heavy use of 'lol' and emoticons doesn't exactly add to your credibility either.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
all the talk about them not having a leader and not knowing why they are protesting is B.S.

it is obvious the mainstream media and the PTB want one person to attack and direct.

the rest are just so brainwashed into thinking they have to be led they cannot get their heads around a community of people all being on equal ground.
edit on 8-11-2011 by lifeform11 because: typo's

edit on 8-11-2011 by lifeform11 because: and again grrrr

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I was in Denver in 83
They closed the Indian center
The natives ran wild down to
the liquor vender.
I watch cops, confiscate their booze
It was the only thing that kept them from freezing
for a month or two.
I wish I was as tough as those women in skirts,
as I watch the snow fly on this earth.
Eventually the law chased them away,
I wonder where those skirts are drinking today,
or if they succeeded in extermination as we all
looked the other way.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

You are probably the only person left that doesn't understand what their concerns are.

Support OWS. Make the change you want. Take the change that was promised.

Yep. No hive mentality in this sloganeering, just enlightened individualism shining through. The O.P. and thousands of others in disagreement with this Occupy movement have understood their concerns from the get-go, but when we even attempt to address their concerns and their strategies on resolving the concerns, then a bevvy of members pipe in and scold us for imposing ideology on a movement that claims no ideology. It is an interesting strategy and effective in shutting down any real discussion on how we resolve the problems we face today, but hey; that just invites more criticism from those of us who do not agree with what this protest movement is up to.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by relpobre000

on no you didnt,

you point out my spelling and emoticons for not being...

on no you didnt

here is a LOL 4 u LOL

i didnt mean for you to think that you should be scared,
i had asumed you new nothing of what you are talking about because if you had been to a protest you would not be saying they dont know why they are there.

the ONLY people who dont know what this is about are the lame stream media.

on egypt,

a "sit in in tahair square" changed a dictator
this are in a state of flux in egypt but at least they are now free to elect who they want,

do know what thats called
hit starts with d

ps i am a bad speller, it does not make me a fool, infact i enjoy when people attack my spelling
it reminds me to try to speld bettr

xploder
edit on 8-11-2011 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-11-2011 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Pretty similar to dropping mcdonald's applications on protesters.. cheap publicity.. questionable intelligence... meaningless rhetoric for rhetoric's sake.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Poor thing.. I hope she doesn't get injured by a tear gas canister as well.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Would that be before or after she's beaten down by police batons?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

I was thinking about the whole lack of leadership and how is has done more harm than good for the movement. But it is actually typical for this group. Not taking any responsibility for their actions. This way ANYTHING Goes. And has. So when there is something a part of the movement does that is deemed malicious or in bad form.

Many can and have ran with "It was an isolated incident OR it was a few bad apples " etc.

Plausible denial-ability and lack of responsibility.

edit on 8-11-2011 by SLAYER69 because: To spell denial-ability correctly

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I was thinking about how the whole lack of leadership as done more harm than good for the movement. But it is actually typical for this group. Not taking any responsibility for their actions. This way ANYTHING Goes. And has. So when there is something a part of the movement does that is deemed malicious or in bad form.

Many can and have ran with "It was an isolated incident OR it was a few bad apples " etc.

Plausible deniability and lack of responsibility.

sounds alot like your govenment,

no accountability,
plausable deniability,

holder.
i didnt see anything addresed to me about fast and the furious
lol

OWS does not have a monopoly on that one

xploder

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Better choice than the last 2 presidents

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I wish they could understand, what you say,
it's like me, if I get up, but have no plan
how can I blame anyone, for what I did not accomplish today.

edit on 8-11-2011 by Gmoneycricket because: removed day

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Ahhh!

Dissension in the Blind overzealous OWS supporter ranks!
Gasp!

See the problem with trying to throw the whole "Your Government" angle at me is that I KNOW they are corrupt and have issues. I have No issue admitting that but get an OWS supporter to admit that there is fault with the movement is like pulling teeth.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

all the talk about them not having a leader and not knowing why they are protesting is B.S.

Enlighten me.

Who is their leader?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join