It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it suicide to wish for contact? I think it is

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Whole thread raises another question from me ...

Why do humans have a terminal case of low self esteem when it comes to their own race? I don't believe surviving the last few hundred thousand years is a small feat. We were thrown in with a whole bunch of other species and we've come out on top, and haven't completely ruined everything yet.

I imagine if we ever do make contact, or begin travelling officially we will discover that there are millions of life forms that didn't make the cut. For all we know, just making it by the skin of teeth makes us exceptional and awesome.

Then again, maybe we do suck and deserved to be nuked in the face.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pinke
Whole thread raises another question from me ...

Why do humans have a terminal case of low self esteem when it comes to their own race? I don't believe surviving the last few hundred thousand years is a small feat. We were thrown in with a whole bunch of other species and we've come out on top, and haven't completely ruined everything yet.

I imagine if we ever do make contact, or begin travelling officially we will discover that there are millions of life forms that didn't make the cut. For all we know, just making it by the skin of teeth makes us exceptional and awesome.

Then again, maybe we do suck and deserved to be nuked in the face.

We probably deserve both at the same time...

Funny to see my reply didn't garner more discussion from those thinking aliens would err on the side of violence.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Hawking is right, as are you. There's no reason to believe that an alien civilization would share our motivations or our morals. We simply don't know, and under that scenario, the best course of action is to exercise a level of caution in proportion to the potential level of threat.

I think what you really need to worry about is those alien civilizations who would share humanities motivations and these so called morals I always hear them talking about.

But all in all, like in your daily drive home, you pass by many ant colonies that are whole worlds unto themselves. The true aliens are so far above you, as you are above ants. And its not even worth stooping by to look at the ants on the ground, but for the few who have time on there hands or like to wonder around. And some even like to burn them with there alien space magnifying glass.

So it depends on who you make contact with.

And those who are not way above, and are on the same level and frequency as humanity, well it would be very much like meeting another group of humans, there will be joy, they will be laughter, there will be pain, and there will be war, there will be a time to live, and a time to die, a time to love, and a time to hate, a time to sow, and a time to reap as you sowed.

And all and everything in between that you can think of, and not think of.

I suspect that this is a part of the reason why we have not detected any alien civilizations to date. The peaceful ones simply may not be there anymore, and the rest of them aren't dumb enough to broadcast their existence.

No it will be more along the lines of like attracts like. whether you know it or not there will be many things in common, more then you will be able to see on the surface. And so the more peaceful ones attract others like them and the more warlike ones attract other like them and so on.

Oh there will be many differences but to see them in the first place requires that you be on the same wavelength as them, and for them to see you it must be the same. And so there will be many things in common once you get past the surface of things. Because that is just the way this universe works, all things must be on the same type of level/wavelength or whatever you want to call it to interact with each-other on that level.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

Why do you state that morals are only human attributes? We dont "know" anything about life outside of earth. So anything we can do for now is speculate. So try to skip on the absolutes ok?

Well for my sake I want to know if the is a galactic federation or something else going on. If there is then just knowing that is enough. Everything else is just bonus. We can develop tech, medicins and energy solutions by ourself. We cant be without the knowledge of our place in the cosmos. Like if you live alone you might want to know if you have neighbors. I want to know if we have any, even though I wont have any contact with them personally.

edit on 20-8-2011 by Vorlon128 because: grammar

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Rest assured... The ET's have exact coordinates on our rare jewel in the galaxy, [planet Earth,] and they have made frequent visits to our airspace and shores.

I just hope... Earth is not on their shopping list.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

Agreed. We have survived hundreds of thousands of years, but never before in the history of man have we had such power. With the simple push of a button, we could all go up in a mushroom cloud.

I still think if we are to mature as as a race and join some galactic federation as another poster mentioned, we will have to get there ourselves. Anything less would be irresponsible.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erno86
Rest assured... The ET's have exact coordinates on our rare jewel in the galaxy, [planet Earth,] and they have made frequent visits to our airspace and shores.

I just hope... Earth is not on their shopping list.

Im really doubting we have been visited by aliens unless they did in fact seed us here.

The logistics involved with finding life in our universe is mind boggling. There are up to a trillion stars in each of the billions of galaxies in our observable universe. Each star has the potential to have planets orbiting them, and therefore life. Some astronomers think that what we see as our observable universe may be less than 1% of what is really out there.

Even if an advanced race could create wormholes and jump instantly from place to place in the universe, it would take hundreds of billions of years to even begin to scratch the surface of whats out there in their search.

We have not been found. I suggest the math, advanced technology notwithstanding, makes it next to impossible.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
No youngling, from my years of experience I have gained the wisdom and knowledge holding the key to contact... I believe that suicide is the key to contact. By having the open-mind to kill oneself of this pathetic human shell our spiritual presence will fuse with the alien consciousness and then your third eye will open to the new dimension... Home.

Destiny Fulfilled.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTrueBeliever
No youngling, from my years of experience I have gained the wisdom and knowledge holding the key to contact... I believe that suicide is the key to contact. By having the open-mind to kill oneself of this pathetic human shell our spiritual presence will fuse with the alien consciousness and then your third eye will open to the new dimension... Home.

Destiny Fulfilled.

you first.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by yaluk

Destiny Fulfilled.

you first.

If only I were spiritually ready, hence I am on my 10-year pilgrimage to become ready enough to go to the next axis of reality. As I stated, only those with the mentally superior and cleansed state humans call "suicidal" will enable us to reach the alien's consciousness. Have you never wondered why humans condemn "suicide" those same humans who tell us that aliens are not true? They do not want us to go back Home with our brethren and the alien blood within us all is our key along with the spiritual blockade.

It appears you possibly will never be spiritually ready as you are too closed-minded and trapped in the infinite matirx known as "Earth." I shall spare some alien blood and sacred chants to help guide you brother.

A side note for those curious, there are other ways to open The Gate to our alien reality... those are held deep within our sacred Ancient blood. Meditate and focus on life to open the Gate before your eyes... inside your mind.

Peace,
Destiny Fulfilled.
edit on 23-8-2011 by TheTrueBeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by yaluk

we have more to lose than gain from meeting et. if they are hostile we face enslavement or annihilation.

if they are indiffrerent to us and not take us to ahem a higher level of consciousness.then we have more crap on our table deal with. we will have our current problems and new ones. we can have et backing some nations against.others.

if they are benevolent and enlighten us cool!

but out of those options we have more to lose than gain.

even if they are nothing like us and they don't think or behave.like us it is not beneficial.to meet them. we have.nothing in common they have no reason to work with us. as they will not feel curiosity or anything like we do.

if they are anything like us I say stay away.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Excellent post!

We are most definitely putting our the planet at risk with our radio transmissions probes ect..
to put it in an analagey its like trying to coxe a tiger out of the jungle by strapping your self up with sirloin steak with no gun in your hand
Not that im saying aliens would want to eat us lol but you get the picture

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTrueBeliever

Your just plain f***ked up in the head mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! suicide to go to a other dimension

You want to go to another dimension then take some Ayahuasca

Go get some help

edit on 23-8-2011 by battl3star because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2011 by battl3star because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Destiny Fulfilled.

Your obviously trolling, or you would have already killed yourself. But please do not preach such things here, even if in fact you are serious.

There are too many gullible minds here who might think they find a grain of truth in your statements and consider suicide as an option.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

Destiny Fulfilled.

Your obviously trolling, or you would have already killed yourself. But please do not preach such things here, even if in fact you are serious.

There are too many gullible minds here who might think they find a grain of truth in your statements and consider suicide as an option.

I am not "trolling" my quest for knowledge within myself and pilgrimage of the world does not permit time for such Tom-foolery. However, I did state that there are other gateways to The World Beyond and only those who are chosen can open the gateway within. I am sorry but I do not recommend suicide to anyone.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

much better said than my rant to him

star for you

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Destiny Fulfilled.

you first.

If only I were spiritually ready, hence I am on my 10-year pilgrimage to become ready enough to go to the next axis of reality. As I stated, only those with the mentally superior and cleansed state humans call "suicidal" will enable us to reach the alien's consciousness. Have you never wondered why humans condemn "suicide" those same humans who tell us that aliens are not true? They do not want us to go back Home with our brethren and the alien blood within us all is our key along with the spiritual blockade.

It appears you possibly will never be spiritually ready as you are too closed-minded and trapped in the infinite matirx known as "Earth." I shall spare some alien blood and sacred chants to help guide you brother.

A side note for those curious, there are other ways to open The Gate to our alien reality... those are held deep within our sacred Ancient blood. Meditate and focus on life to open the Gate before your eyes... inside your mind.

Peace,
Destiny Fulfilled.

so you are telling me if you die by natural means and not by your own hand you still don't reach that new "axis of reality"

sounds like someone or something is trying to trick you in giving up what was given to you.

it sounds selfish in that you would punish those around, punish who/what gave you life, and cheat others from learning from you by terminating early. if that is how it is then spare me access to that "dimension" as it sounds full of selfishness.

but really... I hope you are pulling my leg...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Destiny Fulfilled.

you first.

Peace,
Destiny Fulfilled.

so you are telling me if you die by natural means and not by your own hand you still don't reach that new "axis of reality"

sounds like someone or something is trying to trick you in giving up what was given to you.

it sounds selfish in that you would punish those around, punish who/what gave you life, and cheat others from learning from you by terminating early. if that is how it is then spare me access to that "dimension" as it sounds full of selfishness.

but really... I hope you are pulling my leg...

It is hard to explain... I will try my best with my other worldly and spiritual guidance from The Master. Those who do suicide without doing it for the purpose of reaching The World Beyond, is granted access so doing it knowing that you will kill off this shell to achieve that goal... you will be denied. Only those deemed "insane" by society for killing themselves are granted access, otherwise you will have to use another gateway to open the door to The World Beyond.

Suicide, in those that do it without this knowledge, is the way to get access to the inner gateway... the one our Ancient blood of aliens allows us to access when we are on a higher plane of consciousness. Other gateways to the world of the Ancient Sacred Beings, commonly called "aliens" are only accessed when we gain true knowledge and open The Third Eye.

My current pilgrimage is to open my Third Eye... I believe I am close.

Cheers,
Destiny Fulfilled.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Stephen Hawking is a scientist, all scientists have to sign a contract not to divulge anything out of the "norm" to the people. That being said, there are those of us who know beyond doubt that our government is in league with what could be called "evil" aliens, the Reptilian Race, whose Masters are the Draco.
Reptilians

ALPHA-DRACONIANS Reptilian beings who are said to have established colonies in Alpha Draconis. Like all reptilians, these claim to have originated on Terra thousands of years ago, a fact that they use to 'justify' their attempt to re-take the earth for their own. They are apparently a major part of a planned 'invasion' which is eventually turning from covert infiltration mode to overt invasion mode as the "window of opportunity" (the time span before International human society becomes an interplanetary and interstellar power) slowly begins to close. They are attempting to keep the "window" open by suppressing advanced technology from the masses, which would lead to eventual Terran colonization of other planets by Earth and an eventual solution to the population, pollution, food and other environmental problems. Being that Terrans have an inbred "warrior" instinct the Draconians DO NOT want them/us to attain interstellar capabilities and therefore become a threat to their imperialistic agendas . Refer to Els
source

So Stephen Hawking is absolutely correct to say we do not, under any circumstances, want to contact these ET Beings from Draco. Now I personally think that some of the Reptilians who live underground here on Terra like humanity, have mixed their DNA with human DNA, and have even mated with human men and women to produce hybrid offspring that could live in the surface. I think that when the Draco finally come to "Harvest" those who give them power, my own take is the so called "book religions" people for slaves, sex, and, of course, food. Now I know this all sounds absolutely crazy, but this is how I see it. We, Humanity WE, may have to fight a war with these beings.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
One things for sure, if the aliens are anything like us but alot more tech'd up, we're screwed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join