It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi, I'm new

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Hello,

my name is Alfie, and I've just joined the forum, as you can obviously tell. I'm not really one for forums and the like, but I really didn't know where else to go. I spoke to a friend of mine, and after telling him what I'd seen (or I think I saw anyway), he told me to come to this site. I don't really know why, but I feel like I need to know if I am going crazy.

I'm a natural skeptic. Up till now, I have never really believed in ET or UFO's or anything like that. I don't know anything about the field. But I'm willing to reconsider.

I live just outside London, in a small village, but I work in London. I have to drive back every evening. Normally, it is uneventful, but two weeks ago, I was driving back along a small B-road about 10 miles from home (er, i don't know if American readers will be sure what that is, sorry I don't know the American equivalent), and I saw a very bright light in the sky. At first, I thought nothing of it - I live in the country, and I have lived near military bases for, more or less, my whole life. I just thought it was a plane or helicopter or something. So i just kept on driving. I'm not given to sensationalism, or undue concern. The thing is, as I was driving along, this light descended, and started to parallel the road, and more specifically, my car. Now, I thought, "okay, maybe it's some stupid Harrier pilot trying to buzz me" (in Wales, that happens all the time). But as I was driving, I could make out that it wasn't a plane or helicopter - at least, not one I have ever seen, or heard of. This thing was jet, jet black - it was only about 6pm, and the sky is still fairly bright here then. Anyway, this "object" was jet black, and it was shaped like a tube, but rounded at either end. I'm no expert, but to me, it looked massive - maybe 18 to 25 feet, or something. The bright light was coming from the "rear" end of the object. Now, I thought "maybe it is the fuselage of a plane", so I looked for the wings. But there were none I could see, and what started to make me worry was that I opened my window, and the only sound I could hear was my own engine. There was no sound of any other propulsion system, or engine.

As I said before, I'm a natural skeptic. I don't generally beleive in stuff like this. But it was what happened next that really scared me. I'd slowed down to try to get a better look at this thing, but it was almost as if the thing knew what I was doing. All of a sudden, right in front of me, it shot off - really, really fast. There was no sound, not even a engine roar or anything. I've seen RAF Harriers and jets - I know what they sound like. This thing didn't make a noise. Nothing. It just accelerated off, and it moved faster than anything I have ever seen in my life. Ever. I'm going to be honest. I'm a grown man in my 30's. I have a family, a professional job. But I was a bit scared.

I carried on driving, more because I was in shock, and I just wanted to get home. But about 5 minutes later or so, this thing turned up again. I had the shock of my life, because one minute it wasn't there, and the next minute, I caught a glimpse of something out of the corner of my eye, turned my head, and it was just there. Just keeping pace with my car. My window was still open, and I hadn't heard it approach. At this point, I really freaked out. You are probably reading this and thinking, "big deal, why would you freak out", but I have never seen anything like this before. All the time I was driving, there was not a single soul on the road, and to tell the truth I was really, really scared. I kept hoping some other car would turn up! Anyway, the thing that got me worried was that the object still had it's light on, and after a couple of minutes, the light shone onto my car, and sort of bathed my car. It was really weird - the light was very warm, and I just thought it was some sort of spotlight. After lighting up my car for about 2 or 3 minutes, it suddenly shot off, and just disappeared.

I got home without further incident. I didn't tell my wife. To be honest, after it had left, I was sort of in denial. I didn't want to discuss it with her - she might have thought I was crazy. I just thought that I reacted ridiculously, that it can be explained. But as time has gone on, I have started to have really strong headaches, always in the evenings, always around the same sort of time, around six in the evening. I don't really know why - I have no histiry of migranes, and I do not react to stress by having headaches. I have been to see my doctor, but he has assured me that my symptoms are nothing to worry about. The thing is, I have more questions than answers now. What was that thing? How did it move so quickly, without making any sound? Why the hell am I having headaches? I am really confused.

I suppose I decided to come onto this forum after talking to a friend of mine called Matt. He said that I shouldn't be ashamed, that there are other people who have expeienced similar things. I told him I didn't want to talk to people who were "crazy". But he asked me if I would have thought someone with my story was crazy, if it hadn't happened to me. I agreed that he was right. I suppose I'm trying to find out if others have had similar things happen. This whole thing has really got me thinking. I want to know what that thing was. I know what I saw. That was no plane, no balloon or halluncination. Whatever it was, it was strange, and I'll be damned if I'm going to let the matter rest till I find out more about it. Thanks for reading.

Alfie

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS! That was quite a story and I don't know what you experienced but you will find some awnsers here, maybe not for your particular experience, but you will find others that have had some that are similar.

Great introduction!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

Another new UK member. It seems that weekly, more and more UK residents are joining which is great as I am from the UK too!

Great read of your post and like the previous post, you may not get a specific answer for what you saw but maybe bigger picture answers.

All the best and drop me a line if you need any assistance with anything

Greg

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by KhanGhoul

Hello Alfie!

That was a very good and descriptive account of your unique experience. PLEASE don't think there is any craziness. You are just a guy who has had a very strange experience. There are many people here who have had these kind of experiences so I hope you can feel very secure in the knowledge that what has happened to you is a REAL EXPERIENCE and so you should seek to find answers to all the questions this is bound to raise.

I cannot give you any answers about this, but I know that these experiences do happen to people and I believe you.

I hope your headaches get better.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Hello Alfie old bean.

Welcome to the Zoo.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
hey Alfie i am new too! Welcome to the forum!

Grief I would probably have crashed my car if that had happened to me.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Hi,

thanks for all your replies. It really means a lot to see that Im not considered to be psychotic! I'm looking forward to exploring the site, tho I really don't know where to start. There seems to be so much to learn?! Does anyone have any suggestions? MonarchyAdMan - I'm suprised I didn't crash to be honest! I read your experience - very strange. What do you think it was?

It's such a relief to finally get that experience off my chest. I really owe a lot to Matt for pointing me in this direction. It's funny, Matt has always said that he has had experiences - he always used to say that he had had an abduction experience. He would never tell us what had happened to him, but I gathered it was something invasive and sexual. The terrible thing is, I always laughed at him, and always said it was a drunken halluncination or something. He always responded in a dignified way, but in time, he stopped telling us things that had happened to him. He has never fully shared what happened that night, probably because of all the mockery.

Yet, when I saw what I saw, I knew the only person I could talk to was Matt. He treated me with a lot of respect, and showed me where I could share my story. Funny how the man who was the butt of many jokes for many years, turned out to be the most understanding. I've got a lot of new-found respect for him, you know.

Alfie

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

Thank you so much, that is really kind

top topics

join