It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't make any plans for Sunday. Jesus was wrong!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
not sure about you people But I have yet to see a single a Christian running around in the streets proclaiming the end is this weekend . In fact most of my family are practiising Christains, I yet to receive a single phone call telling to get right with God becuase the end is nigh I don't consider my self a Christain . This is all sensationalism by the media blowing out of the water what some frindge Christain group is saying . Come Modnay the meida will get to take some shot at all Christians .
edit on 21-5-2011 by OpusMarkII because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
What the #¤%¤%&#"#/......

What happend.....You said the world would end....

I quit my dayjob, i said farewlls, i even got in bed with 200 virgins.......
Now i have no job, i have no life, i have no wife......

YOU SOD........

LOL
edit on 21-5-2011 by Miccey because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I was watching the news on the NWO mouthpiece channel 'BBC World News'. Apparently this evangelical nutjob Harold Campin is saying that the end of the world will commence at 6pm. Everywhere!! So 6 pm in Hong Kong will be 10 am UK. Hmm and 6 pm UK will be 12pm Texas. That doesn't make sense. Are BBC tripping themselves up again or is that nutter Harold actually serious about that.

Either way this is not going to happen. This is just more religious crap designed to create panic and fear among the sheeple. Oh and it will probably make him alot more money. For Christ's sake wake up sheeple! (Sorry for the pun)

The end of the world is not nigh! The end of common sense is!!!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
what i was always concerned with was how simple it be to "get right with god" so to speak

i mean some ppl persist there whole life. yet they can preclaim as a "deadline" approaches
that somehow because of this its not only a good time to go "bat # crazy" like revel in the madness of the LORD jebus... and tell others to "GET RIGHT WITH GOD QUICK"

like.. what?

oh 2 minutes is enough
right before rapture is that enough time for me to get right. if so why do u guys all spend so long doing it when aparently right before death is enough!.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
1920 here now.....nothings changed, i really do feel sorry for those gullible people that brought into Harold Camping dribble, he's made millions and you have all been duped....

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

I completely disagree with him but if you're going to bash Christians or point to someone that are, at least get the facts straight. Jesus never said when He is coming and whether it's while we're here on earth or not it doesn't matter. What does matter is that when your life is taken from this earth, will you be ready? Cause that's when the return will happen personally for you. And will you rejoice to see the King of kings or tremble knowing you will spend eternity in the lake of fire. I include myself in that.
edit on 21-5-2011 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Ok so I was having a discussion with my gf about this whole end of days thing that is suddenly being brought upon us and being heavily peddled by this guy Harold Camping and we were talking about how we think hes contradicting the bible itself while still acting like a devout follower etc etc...

Now just hear me out on this ONE theory (I dont normally start throwing theories out there like this but I felt that it could make sense)

Alright...lets say that tptb (who have a string attached to all major aspects of global structure...religion, church in this case...have this old bastard Camping proped up in front of a camera spewing out this nonsense about the end of days to immediately convince his already loyal audience into believing that something is really going to happen...

now this is where the very extreme end of my consipracy senses start to tingle...

Would this not be a perfect moment to initiate a false second coming of jesus christ...the infamous project blue beam?

I mean right off the bat there would be a large group of totally devoted believers who would be "taken away". And the rest of the time until October when the # really hits the fan for th rest of us non-faithfuls is supposed to be full of death and destruction...Hell on Earth. Perhaps time for really crazy levels of unrest etc? False alien invasions? I mean I know im pushing it with the alien stuff but who knows? We know that the technology exists already to facilitate such a thing so maybe it is indeed a possibility...

Sorry if I ranted on, just wanted to share and get some thoughts from others...

edit on 21-5-2011 by Jugtalicus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
$70 million??!!

all this seems to line up more with: "in the name of the platinum, black and gold card....ahh currency!"

one of my friends is a little upset...cuz if this rapture happens, he wont be able to enjoy his new front loader washing machine that's scheduled to be delivered today.....
edit on 21-5-2011 by ahmonrarh because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-5-2011 by ahmonrarh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by EVILteddie

Originally posted by 547000

Originally posted by Vicky32

Originally posted by BalderAsir
you do realise that the theory or rapture has only been around for 200 odd years. 18th century christians would have no clue what the fuss is about. The theory of rapture has come about from some obscure translation of 1 Thessalonians Chapter 4

Also Harold Camping was the bloke who predicted, and was shown to be wrong, that the second coming of jesus would be in 1991....

I'm not religious in any way

True! Also, from what I have read, 1994, 1998, and 2008...
He's definitely a false prophet. I hate that he's causing so much pain and confusion and making Christians and Christianity look bad.

Vicky

Whether he's a false prophet remains to be seen, but I doubt it will happen. But remember what the bible says about watchmen. He seems convinced it's true so he's doing his moral duty to warn others.

He is a false prophet already. He incorrectly predicted rapture in 1994.
it was a simple mistake...he forgot to carry the 1.

ok i'm done here!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
lol maybe everything should be backwards and when the Creators decides to take anyone they take the bad and leave the good here to clean up the mess the bad made....... we could create our own Garden of Eden New Century Style

edit on 21-5-2011 by observe50 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Just thinking out loud ... Did whoever first spoke of the "rapture" perhaps have a speech impediment?

Did he not mean "rupture"? ... As in the rupturing of earth ...

Oh look, a kitty ...

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I figure I might as well go naked this weekend including in public. You might as well go out the way you came in ...

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead

Don't make any plans for Sunday. Jesus was wrong!

au.news.yahoo.com

Being an ancient hippie I was rather concerned about Friday, May 13, 2011. Not just because it was Friday the Thirteenth but because there was a planetary alignment predicted by the song Aquarius in the musical Hair.

Jupiter was aligned with Mars, but apparently the Moon was not in the Seventh House so nothing changed.

Things will be different a week later. Sunday, May 22, 2011 is going to be a very bad day for people who are not good Christians, because at 6pm on Saturday, May 21, the Rapture is going to happen.

This is when all good souls will be taken to Heaven, leaving the sinners
(visit the link for the full news article)

I'l' make sure to put my clock to 5:58, that way I have time to put on my shoes walk outside, and laugh at everyone going crazy about this rapture crap. I'll make sure to bring a bible, for the "prophets" to see the next date.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Cheer up! It's not the end of the world.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

That's good news. Finally we get rid of those boring good souls. Does it mean that we sinners have more room to play?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Actually, that whole pre-tribulation rapture theory is fairly new to Christendom. In Matthew, chapter 24, Jesus makes it perfectly clear that when the world goes through this "great tribulation", the followers of Christ are going to be right there in the midst of it.

The "rapture" theory was first authored by a German priest who got the boot for teaching that. Then he and some of his cohorts set up shop in Scotland, created a seminary, and pretty much created the original Brethren Church denomination. When the Brethren Church made it's way stateside, the whole thing leached into local seminaries and has been taught, in ignorance of its true origins, to this day.

Christians will still be here in a few days but people and the media will mock them because of a nutcase who is wearing Christ on his collar. That really is unfair. It's kinda like making fun of blacks because of Gary Coleman or making fun of whites because of Charley Sheen.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Things will be different a week later. Sunday, May 22, 2011 is going to be a very bad day for people who are not good Christians, because at 6pm on Saturday, May 21, the Rapture is going to happen.

ohh crap i still got a ton of stuff to do is that 6pm east coast time west coast time? jeruselm time?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
We'll know in 13 hours
In just thirteen hours, it will be 6PM local time in Kiritimati. Unless there aren't any "true believers" there. Then we'll have to wait another 4 hours for Sydney to catch up. 13-17 hours from now the "rapture" will start

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by citizen3273676

ohh crap i still got a ton of stuff to do is that 6pm east coast time west coast time? jeruselm time?

No it's 6PM local time. So apparently we'll see it coming like a wave across the world.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Well, I am very disappointed I was hoping all the God and Alla people were out of here, leaving the ones who actually have a brain and can think for themselves behind. What a shame, it would have been quiet a peaceful place with out the main reason for war other than oil.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join