It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't make any plans for Sunday. Jesus was wrong!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

And...check this out.

Harold Camping's *organization* (the radio network) is worth, according to a news item I caught today....

...over $70,000,000! The 2009 financial disclosure filings reported over $18,000,000 in earnings.

"Propheices and Predictions" and fear-mongering seems to be very lucrative......

What a waste of Human DNA, that man is......

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
It's not just the crazy fundamentalists though who believe in this rapture and end times crap, many others do too.

My mother, a devout Christian, also looks at everything happening the world and talks about current events all being signs of the approaching end times. You can't argue with them, such is their faith that they are all going to be saved and taken to the big house, unlike us sinners who will be left behind.

Well, I am quite happy to left behind, to carry on living the way I want to, not killing in the name of "JAAAAAAYZUS", and to hopefully then buiild a better society based on mutual respect, not religious bigotry and intolerance. Bring it on I say!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
There are twitter reports starting he has been seen descending from the heavens, but these arent confirmed.

Youtube has some postings up about people mysteriously being levetated but dropped, sort of like a test for the righteous. these people appeared to be friendly church going folk, ill keep you posted.

Facebook pages of thousands of decent churchgoing folk have been mysteriously closed down, like they are preparing for the days to finish.. more to follow as this comes to hand.

WND and the Daily news have advised they are ceasing operations tonight at midnight standard eastern time as to not forgo and employee's wages or rewards.

Well ATS, its been fun. We've had our ups and downs, sadly majority of YOU Will not be on this Earth come Monday.

I for one am indeed a sinner... seems sex drugs and rock and roll really were the answer to a 'longer' life on Earth!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I am so down with a 150 Days of Water World. Sailing the high seas and wasting zombies where I find them.
You know they are predicting rain this weekend....

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Wait....the "ATS LIVE" radio and Internet show is on Saturday.....beginning @2100 EDT (USA timezone).

Darn, and the topics were bound to be interesting......

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

I'm a believer, and look forward to mailing him all of my money.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by BalderAsir
you do realise that the theory or rapture has only been around for 200 odd years. 18th century christians would have no clue what the fuss is about. The theory of rapture has come about from some obscure translation of 1 Thessalonians Chapter 4

Also Harold Camping was the bloke who predicted, and was shown to be wrong, that the second coming of jesus would be in 1991....

I'm not religious in any way

True! Also, from what I have read, 1994, 1998, and 2008...
He's definitely a false prophet. I hate that he's causing so much pain and confusion and making Christians and Christianity look bad.

Vicky

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
There are billboards with this date all over town.

"May 21st -- End of the World"

There are? Can you get a pic of one?
I have heard a lot about the May 21 prediction, but this additional piece of information about billboards...it makes me think of the 2004 publicity stunt which they did for the movie "A Day Without A Mexican".

In 2004, a billboard on Sunset Boulevard in Los Angeles proclaimed, “On May 14th there will be no Mexicans in California.” Within two and a half hours, a Latino woman’s complaints resulted in the billboard being torn down and replaced with an advertisement for cheese. Filmmakers Sergio Arau and Yareli Arizmendi then made a second attempt to promote their film, A Day Without a Mexican, with billboards placed in Latino areas of L.A. reading “El 14 de mayo los gringos van a llorar,” or “On May 14th, the Americans are going to cry.” This time, “Let me tell you what happened,” Arau said: “nothing.”

Article Source
Movie info link

Is there a new doomsday movie coming out on Saturday May 21, 2011?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Yesterday my little brother (8 years old) came home from his catholic elementary school and told me he'd heard the world was going to end this Saturday. I mean really... I thought people here in Argentina weren't following the whole Camping prediction, I guess I was wrong. But, it was one of his friends who told him, not a teacher, thank... well, I was going to say God, but...

I'm looking forward to see what excuses they come up with when they're all still here on Sunday.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Well that will just top off my week, ive been ill all week and looking forward to my birthday (May 22nd) now its gonna be wrecked with zombies or a flood. I know turning 30 would change things but i didnt predict anything like this.

Good article tho.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by JudasIscariot
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

I'm a believer, and look forward to mailing him all of my money.

Star for you buddy that really made me laugh

Why is it these billboards are only appearing in new world countries? Haven't seen any here in the UK, or heard any reports of them in Europe
Maybe as stated before someone could post a photo of one, would like to see them before the world ends tomorrow

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

I think you mean "douche". He's a douche.

Anyway, I suppose that come tomorrow, we'll have yet another opportunity to see just how stupid and worthless religion is. These idiots.....

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
ya know, one of these days those "religious idiots" are gonna be right thanks to Mr Murphy

Mr murphy is famous for discovering Murphy's Law

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TomServo

as its allegedly a global even - it should follow international protocol and be scheduled to UTC

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by EvolEric

And...check this out.

Harold Camping's *organization* (the radio network) is worth, according to a news item I caught today....

...over $70,000,000! The 2009 financial disclosure filings reported over $18,000,000 in earnings.

"Propheices and Predictions" and fear-mongering seems to be very lucrative......

What a waste of Human DNA, that man is......

thanks for pointing that out to me...

thats a lot of "amen" money

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric

...over $70,000,000!

Amen brother!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

Facebook pages of thousands of decent churchgoing folk have been mysteriously closed down, like they are preparing for the days to finish.. more to follow as this comes to hand.

There it came...The fact that PROVES THIS A HOAX!!!!

You cant shut down FB...Not even the devs can....LOL

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Harold Camping predicted the rapture for 1994 with his failed mathematics theories, Nothing happened. Fool me once shame on you, Fool me twice shame on me.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by sHuRuLuNi

Originally posted by EvolEric

...over $70,000,000!

Amen brother!

Ka'ching! lol

This prediction if true (Don't think so) could be either of three things. Jesus actually coming down, (Have to prove he went up first) or a meteor or comet crashing down to Earth, or a very big Earthquake happening (New Madrid Fault caused by HAARP).

Actually there should be a fourth explanation becuse 'Judgement Day' could also mean the start of a Nuclear War. But I would rule that out because Obama and The New World Order peeps haven't p*ssed enough countries off yet. They are still working on Pakistan to take the bait.

I don't think anything will happen because it looks like this Harold Camping guy is just like an Evangelist. A thieving idiot who preys on peoples beliefs and wallets!!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
How many seperate predictions predict that this time would be the endtime. 2011-2050?

Harold Camping 21may
Maya's
Hopi's

Are there more?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join