It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't make any plans for Sunday. Jesus was wrong!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Man,this is really going to screw my bday plans sonday the 22!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

I just read about this 'end of days' on skynews.... well all i can say is if nothing happens then this lot will truly be known as the loony bunch!!!!

And what will they do on May 22nd?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I hope Jeebus will be appear this time.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32

Originally posted by BalderAsir
you do realise that the theory or rapture has only been around for 200 odd years. 18th century christians would have no clue what the fuss is about. The theory of rapture has come about from some obscure translation of 1 Thessalonians Chapter 4

Also Harold Camping was the bloke who predicted, and was shown to be wrong, that the second coming of jesus would be in 1991....

I'm not religious in any way

True! Also, from what I have read, 1994, 1998, and 2008...
He's definitely a false prophet. I hate that he's causing so much pain and confusion and making Christians and Christianity look bad.

Vicky

Whether he's a false prophet remains to be seen, but I doubt it will happen. But remember what the bible says about watchmen. He seems convinced it's true so he's doing his moral duty to warn others.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Chillidog1

I think these parents are taking the children's to these churches and seminats preaching about this need to be investigated for child abuse. Can u imagine the anguish and inner torment these poor kids are going through right now? Worried that they are going to die on the next 48hrs.
This kind of falls under the definition of terrorism doesnt it? Using the fear of death to get someone to submit to a political or religious ideology?

Uh, yes, it does. It has been that way since the dawn of organized religion in the Christian schools of thought - and as a kid back in the black-and-white-photograph days, it scared the bejeebers out of me, and also made me ask constantly, "Why am I so bad? What did I not do that I was supposed to? What did I do that I wasn't supposed to? Why do I need forgiveness every seven days?"

I have never found an answer to those questions...as I got older, I asked my mom (who had taken me to church every week for my entire life) why it was that the Church instilled a sense of shame and guilt. I told her after I stopped going that my reason was just that. I was tired of hearing that I was a piece of crap, and deserved nothing, was not so worthy as to gather the "crumbs from Thy table."

What the????? I was a little kid, for crying out loud!!

sigh.

I guess now they don't teach "hell" in that way. I was not raised Roman Catholic, but the place I was taken to feel like a worthless piece of crap every Sunday was a very close relative to it. My mom told me "that wasn't the message at all", and I said "Well, that's what I heard."

It's all in perceptions, I guess...the kids that are being brainwashed with today's finality of existence on earth are probably excited, 'cuz they think tomorrow they get to meet Jesus. It's when (if) they wake up Sunday and have to get ready for church again that they'll be confused. Maybe afraid they are bad after all, because they weren't swept up into heaven. And for the next FIVE MONTHS they have to worry about when their day will come to be judged.

For my part, if it comes, it comes, I'm ready and I'm not worried. I've been as good a person as I was able, and will continue to do so, given the chance. On the other hand, if I'm not selected, well, the ensuing drama will certainly be exciting, right??

Or not.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I just read about this 'end of days' on skynews.... well all i can say is if nothing happens then this lot will truly be known as the loony bunch!!!!

And what will they do on May 22nd?

They have a plan for that. I did a thread this morning on it. Harold Camping: The Contingency Plan

Basically the group will use the story of Jonah to say that God showed mercy. Then they will ask for more money to continue spreading the word of God's love.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

It is scheduled to start at the International Date Line and work its way west....as a massive earthquake.

The end of the world will be at exactly 6 p.m. on May 21, 2011, says Camping, who along with his organization, Family Radio, are behind those billboards across the country forecasting the Rapture this Saturday. The Rapture, the Last Days, Armageddon and the Final Days of Judgment are all interchangeable. It's when God will destroy the Earth to show his love for humanity.

Is that Eastern Standard or Pacific Standard Time?

Neither, says Camping, whom I interviewed recently for my online news show TYT Now. The Rapture is at 6 p.m. on May 21, 2011, where ever it's 6 p.m. first, with the "fantastically big" world-ending event taking place on a time zone by time zone basis.

That means we can expect the Rapture to start when it hits 6 p.m. at the International Dateline at 180 Longitude -- roughly the between Pago Pago, American Samoa, and Nuku'alofa, Tonga. We'll know it's Judgment Day because there will be an earthquake of previously unprecedented magnitude, Camping predicts.

So, according to these calculations, the Rapture will actually begin like a rolling brown out across the globe at 11 p.m. PST on Friday, May 20th. "Everyone will be weeping and wailing because they'll know in a few hours it'll come to their city," said Camping

www.theatlantic.com...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
There are twitter reports starting he has been seen descending from the heavens, but these arent confirmed.

Youtube has some postings up about people mysteriously being levetated but dropped, sort of like a test for the righteous. these people appeared to be friendly church going folk, ill keep you posted.

Facebook pages of thousands of decent churchgoing folk have been mysteriously closed down, like they are preparing for the days to finish.. more to follow as this comes to hand.

WND and the Daily news have advised they are ceasing operations tonight at midnight standard eastern time as to not forgo and employee's wages or rewards.

Well ATS, its been fun. We've had our ups and downs, sadly majority of YOU Will not be on this Earth come Monday.

I for one am indeed a sinner... seems sex drugs and rock and roll really were the answer to a 'longer' life on Earth!

Did a search for clips and tweets, no dice.

Any chance you'd be so kind as to post links?

Thanking you.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Dutch MSM story snippet of today

Last Supper
Moreover grabbed a group of students Groningen Judgement Day to the Last Supper tomorrow to celebrate in the city. And in the form of a tableau vivant on the bridge of the Groninger Museum. 'We drink one more time on the last day on earth in the midst of all our friends on the bridge. Let's go out with a bang! ", can be read in a press release. Just so you know.

(translate it with google translate)
www.volkskrant.nl...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
www.volkskrant.nl...

translate.google.nl... s%2Farticle%2Fdetail%2F2434133%2F2011%2F05%2F19%2FZaterdag-vergaat-de-wereld-geloven-sommigen.dhtml&act=url
edit on 20-5-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
This says what it is all about

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Faith is a disease! A mental sickness; an irrational, illogical, paranoid delusion. How someone is not institutionalized for their wholehearted belief that an imaginary man lives in the sky and will descend from the clouds to take them away to some magical happy place is beyond me. Say the same thing about little green men and you’ll be labeled a nut. I'm tired of this double standard.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
You know these topics should be thrown out the window the instant they are made. What is their to discuss here? Noone knows! Noone. I don't care if someones been a hippy since the day they were born! It clearly states that NOONE but God will know.

So I ask, shouldn't a GOOD chrisitian know this?

I'm atheist btw. Maybe God as invested some time into a laptop/pc and joined facebook/twitter and is spreading his love using the internt. Right.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Hello EE,
Whats the differance between a christian and an extreme fundamentalist.....is there a differance?.....does the extremist go base jumping or other forms of excitement?
I'm not a christian.....so I don't understand the differance...........

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by JudasIscariot

Not many people are aware that Jesus is already here.

Just a little over 2000 years ago, we arrived on the earth for the first time. My name then was Yeshua ben Yosef, or the Jesus of the Bible, the son of Joseph and Mary. Mary's name then was Mary of Magdala, the woman identified in the Bible as Mary Magdalene. Mary was my wife then, and the first person I appeared to after I was crucified.

Jesus is Alive and Living in Australia - Divine Truth

So his mom was also his wife? Dont understand that one.
ok!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
How is He wrong? One can't know but one can believe. Knowing and believing are not the same things.

If guessing or believing is the same as knowing one could postpone Judgement Day indefinitely by guessing or believing every day is that day.
edit on 20-5-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

Judgement day? Really? Think about this for a minute... That day IS every day because no matter what we chose to believe we ARE judged everyday by someone somewhere. Who cares about this crap? The sheeple... people who can't think for themselves and turns a blind eye to the things happening all around them.

Learn to think and make educated decisions for yourself. Do not be influenced by media or propaganda. These are tools that have been used throughout centuries to cause fear. When they install that fear into you they have won.

I do not live in fear. I refuse to live in fear. I will not be controlled.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Woops! A couple of things must happen first.

" Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by... letter as from us, a...s that the day of Christ is at hand. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition."
2 Thessalonians 2:1-3See more

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by delrio256
Woops! A couple of things must happen first.

" Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by... letter as from us, a...s that the day of Christ is at hand. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition."
2 Thessalonians 2:1-3See more

Can we get this in English??? Of course not because it's set for everyone to interpret it in different ways because no one can agree on the same thing. It's what makes us who we are. When we start letting go of that, we are nothing more then a vessel wondering around waiting to be commanded. You may as well sign up to be in the armed forces. LOL...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
whilst i for one do not believe the world will end or the rapture will happen or whatever, its not right to just come out and say that it defiently will not happen because nobody truly knows anything, the world could end for whatever reason tomorrow or a week from now or 5 years from now. we should all stop fear mongering or trying to disprove it and just see what happens.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by JudasIscariot

Not many people are aware that Jesus is already here.

Just a little over 2000 years ago, we arrived on the earth for the first time. My name then was Yeshua ben Yosef, or the Jesus of the Bible, the son of Joseph and Mary. Mary's name then was Mary of Magdala, the woman identified in the Bible as Mary Magdalene. Mary was my wife then, and the first person I appeared to after I was crucified.

Jesus is Alive and Living in Australia - Divine Truth

edit on 20-5-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join