It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

46% Of Mississippi Republicans Think Interracial Marriage Should Be Illegal

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
hey people,

you think everyone wants to hook up with a white guy or women?

ever think the "other color" will be frikkin thrilled if their son or daughter came home with some scrawny white mofo?

be it boy or girl?

lol!

ya'll give us too much face!

edit on 8-4-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

Ladies and Gentlemen... Racism has never been exclusively white.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
how many were white that were polled?

i guess there are no black repubs in ol mississippi?

ole' man river~~~!

common, what does this have to do with more important things?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The fact that this poll was done in Mississippi is not really the point. When someone north of Mississippi makes a comment like "It shows that racism is alive and well down there", it just strikes me as being ignorant. Racism is everywhere. It's not cool to point fingers when it happens where you're from too. I grew up close to Chicago. Racism happened just as much there as it does here in the south. And I am sure it happens in Canada as well.

Back on point...Interracial marriage is fine in my book so I don't really care what the poll says. It strikes me as being a non-issue. Even if they were in positions of power, what legal grounds can any of them use to make it illegal? None that I know of.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
But the states should make these types of decisions for their own respective state. If Mississippi wants to sit in its socially backwards mentality and deprave themselves of freedom let them,

So you support the notion of a state invading the privacy of it's own citizens? Really? You support a states rights to ban interracial marriage? How about we call it state leveled fascism right?

Thank goodness Ron Paul won't be in the whitehouse, or else good american citizens will have their lives invaded by state governments.
edit on 22-5-2011 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Obviously you have not wandered to far away from your home in your life time.

The same is true in most cultures around the world and it has nothing to do with bigotry or racism.

I would bet if you took a poll in Mississippi among the black women there would be 85 to 95% of them agree with the poll.

When I lived in Mississippi I met 3 interracial couples,all black men and white women.

I find it interesting that they did not poll the Democrats,but that is usually how the liberals do business.

You could probably take a poll on ATS it would come close to the same percentage.

And this opinion is coming from a white man married to an Asian woman.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I have generations of family from the Mississippi line of life.

I'm tired of all of this. There are pockets of different beliefs of what racial guidelines should be all over the world.

Mississippi is not a bad place, you may not want to believe that, but your online you are going by polls.

People down here of all races or more unified that most places on Earth, but you read polls and because its a poll
you lean towards that % because you feel it's more justified.

I have more black than white friends, I have dated out of my race, my family taught me things our classrooms can't.

I don't know what more to say, Live down here first, due some actual research here on a basis of months instead of depending on polls. Don't trust polls, this state is WAY to underrated in issues of race, you just read what you your mind thinks is the right thing to read.

I have heard more racist comments in Northern areas that are considered less racist that the South, but the south continues to be called out, you really want to deny ignorance? Take my word that the South is probably the most friendly, unified place in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!

I won't respond much, cause I know i'm right, I challenge those whose think race is still such a HUGE issue here more than other regions to come here and live, you will find your polls online don't mean crap. Thats all, cause no matter what I SAY in reply, someone will use another link, or phrase, of something they don't know a damn thing about. Quit giving our state a bad rap. Black, White, Hispanic, and every other culture love it here. Thats all there is to it.

Im' not mad, just dont trust polls, come down here and see for yourself, and you will indeed agree with me. God Bless!
edit on 22-5-2011 by JAGx1981 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2011 by JAGx1981 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2011 by JAGx1981 because: Spelling.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamJustanAmerican
reply to post by Misoir

Obviously you have not wandered to far away from your home in your life time.

The same is true in most cultures around the world and it has nothing to do with bigotry or racism.

I agree with this. The Chinese and Japanese tend to be a very culture, there are many Asian parents who would frown or disown their sons or daughters for marrying outside their ethnic groups. Some african americans tend to be wary of marrying outside their racial group, but this may be historic as they may fear harrassment both within their communities and outside.

Racism knows no bounds, it is equally wrong regardless of who is using it. There was a time when the government made it illegal for interracial couples to marry, this is wrong, this is an invasion of basic constitutional rights, neither state nor government is justified in enforcing it.
edit on 22-5-2011 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

So, the majority of registered republicans think interracial marriage is okay.
I guess the majority of democrats don't think it's okay. I mean, they'd put that in if it were, wouldn't they?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
It is like I have always said..the Republican Party is full of racists and pedophiles.

Pedophile Links
armchairsubversive.blogspot.com...
www.watchblog.com...
911review.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Racist links
www.vernonjohns.org...

gawker.com...#!5065428/todays-sleazy-racist-republican-roundup
loomisnews.wordpress.com...

A lot more out there..

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I agree that Interracial Marriage Should Be Illegal, Interracial isnt very healthy and i dont support it.

funny of ATS views Republicans as racists, yet you should know the white race is in decline.
i am not racist i am saying this in a scientific matter the way i see it, sure some Interracial have made some people happy but thats only in 50, 50%.

Other Interracial relationships can be very hard on families.
edit on 22-5-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Interracial isn't the problem in Mississippi....

The problem is the acceptance if inner-famila and inter-species marriage the Mississippi Democrats support.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
aaaannndd the race card comes out!!

kinda soon though

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
This is absolute bull#, guys. This is just more mud slinging between parties.

And besides, anyone want to tell me what political party provided members to the Klan?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuppy
This is absolute bull#, guys. This is just more mud slinging between parties.

And besides, anyone want to tell me what political party provided members to the Klan?

If you read the thread, you would see that it was the Democrats who provided the Klan members.

And it is the same today (just check out their website).

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

WOW!

The majority of Arizona's Republican party should just move over to Mississippi and turn it into a utopia for inbreeding and bigotry.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join