It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Send the Japanese to my home. I will take a family of 3-4, many jobs, open-arms.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle

Originally posted by kroms33
reply to post by TheOracle

Oh, so you have been to Chicago and have seen how our suburbs are? I mean, seriously... what an uneducated comment (what should I expect from ATS right?). I live in a very nice suburb... most suburbs are pretty expensive. There are lots of Japanese people here, there are lots of other cultures too.

It was a joke
Never been to Chicago unfortunately

kroms you should apologize to TheOracle. You got worked up over a joke.
edit on 19-3-2011 by 1ifbyland2ifbydebitcard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I cannot afford plane tickets or document process fees, but If the government can get them here, by all mean, my family can take care a family of 3-4 for a few months.
My blessing goes to Japanese people and to you, OP.
edit on 19-3-2011 by the_0bserver85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by heataz

I think i'm compelled to assist the victims of japan because of their nobel and patient attitude. As i watch the footage of the quake / tsunami victims, i cant help but think their hungry and heart broken but conduct themselves like enlightened people. These people had a normal life, felt the earth jolt and it was all gone just like that. Loved ones, property, jobs and a way of life washed out to sea in a matter of hours. No riots, looting or drama as we saw on our soil during Hurricane Katrina. Their trust seems to be in humanity but no one seems to be responding to their silent call.... such a shame. Someone must help them as no government will.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd
To the people of Japan I hope you accept my invitation to come live near Chicago, Illinois and begin a new life. I can offer your family a stay in my home until you can get back up on your feet. There are many jobs in my area for all different types of workers. Simply contact me and we will get your family a plane ticket if you can not afford one and we will pick you up from the airport.
I hope you understand that America is a loving place and the population is a combination of every culture from around the world. We have excellent school systems, and I live in a private gated community with many amenities including an 18-hole beautiful golf course and many lakes, hiking trails, and beautiful sights.
We are a family of 3 (myself, my wife, and my son who is seven) who are very active and outgoing. We understand your tragedy and would truly like to help our friends in a time a need.
Sam

This is wonderful and a great gesture. However, how do we weed out the serial killers, rapists and child molesters who will use this as a means to get an unsuspecting Japanese family into their grasp? Reagan said to act out of our hopes, not our fears. Yet modern American MSM (Mainstream Media) is filled with stories of horrendous atrocities involving the worst of humanity preying upon innocents. Would a Japanese family accept an invitation to come stay with any American family?

There are GOOD PEOPLE in America. Yet we also have the biggest collection of effed-up mo-fos (sorry to be so blunt) that people from Japan might be extremely WARY (to say the least) about taking such an offer. Most Americans mean well and extend offers, but when the rubber hits the road... such offers collapse under the weight of REALITY. How long can a typical American family REALLY HOPE TO HOUSE and FEED another family?

Sure, there are many who could do this, but how are the Japanese to determine who is FOR REAL and who is a disastrous multiple homicide waiting to happen?

I'm not being negative. THESE ARE **REAL** CONCERNS.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flsteve
reply to post by heataz

No riots, looting or drama as we saw on our soil during Hurricane Katrina.

They're also not economically and culturally disenfranchised like the people in New Orleans.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

Althought this is a nice thought, how come you don't offer this to people in your own country?? Why don't you go down to the local homeless shelter and take a family in from there? There are many homeless/jobless families right here in the US. Let the Japanese Government take care of their own people, and help someone in your own country first, because we all know the Government in this country isn't helping anyone that is homeless or unemployed.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostLancer

To the people of Japan I hope you accept my invitation to come live near Chicago, Illinois and begin a new life. I can offer your family a stay in my home until you can get back up on your feet. There are many jobs in my area for all different types of workers. Simply contact me and we will get your family a plane ticket if you can not afford one and we will pick you up from the airport.
I hope you understand that America is a loving place and the population is a combination of every culture from around the world. We have excellent school systems, and I live in a private gated community with many amenities including an 18-hole beautiful golf course and many lakes, hiking trails, and beautiful sights.
We are a family of 3 (myself, my wife, and my son who is seven) who are very active and outgoing. We understand your tragedy and would truly like to help our friends in a time a need.
Sam

This is wonderful and a great gesture. However, how do we weed out the serial killers, rapists and child molesters who will use this as a means to get an unsuspecting Japanese family into their grasp? Reagan said to act out of our hopes, not our fears. Yet modern American MSM (Mainstream Media) is filled with stories of horrendous atrocities involving the worst of humanity preying upon innocents. Would a Japanese family accept an invitation to come stay with any American family?

There are GOOD PEOPLE in America. Yet we also have the biggest collection of effed-up mo-fos (sorry to be so blunt) that people from Japan might be extremely WARY (to say the least) about taking such an offer. Most Americans mean well and extend offers, but when the rubber hits the road... such offers collapse under the weight of REALITY. How long can a typical American family REALLY HOPE TO HOUSE and FEED another family?

Sure, there are many who could do this, but how are the Japanese to determine who is FOR REAL and who is a disastrous multiple homicide waiting to happen?

I have no doubt that there are some "helpers" on here who want to take in Japanese for the wrong reasons. You're not being negative, that's an obvious concern and it speaks to the ludicrous nature of this thread. All of this will have to be done through placement agencies with workers who will check on these kinds of things. You don't just go on ATS and make a thread about it. Nonsense.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by spyderman54

Why? Why not? We have a choice. Who says we have to take in an american from a homeless shelter? I would rather take in a Japanese family who has had their homes and homeless shelters washed away. We have a choice, neither is wrong. Either way a family can be helped so instead of ridicule, you choose one as well.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoverBoy
reply to post by spyderman54

I would rather take in a Japanese family who has had their homes and homeless shelters washed away.

Why?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I'm having difficulty wrapping my brain around this "your own country" concept in this particular situation. What are you, yourself, doing for the homeless that allows you to fault someone who is offering a helping hand to humanity? My hat is off to this OP. What an amazingly kind person!

Originally posted by spyderman54
reply to post by samlf3rd

Althought this is a nice thought, how come you don't offer this to people in your own country?? Why don't you go down to the local homeless shelter and take a family in from there? There are many homeless/jobless families right here in the US. Let the Japanese Government take care of their own people, and help someone in your own country first, because we all know the Government in this country isn't helping anyone that is homeless or unemployed.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by 1ifbyland2ifbydebitcard

I don't know where you came up with this, but you DO NOT have to go through placement agencies. Also since you didn't know, the internet is a wonderful tool for spreading information and news around.

By the way, I am glad you know all of us on a personal level and know our intentions

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by 1ifbyland2ifbydebitcard

Because I give money to and contribute to many people in need here every week. I would like to take it abroad with this disaster going on.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by heataz
I'm having difficulty wrapping my brain around this "your own country" concept in this particular situation.

I can explain it. Your social conscience should tell you that shipping someone in from Japan when there is a beggar at your doorstep is wrong. You're picking one form of humanity over another for your own personal reasons. It's misguided.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Is there anyone near Indiana/Illinois who can help out with this?

What are peoples skills on here?

Can we get some donation links in here too, such as food drop off sites in all major cities?

Let's figure out how we can turn our efforts to help them today, they lost many days. Let's give them at least one day of our own.

Perhaps we need teams, I'll be team Chicago. Anybody?

I'm in Indiana and will do anything i can to help.I also have many years of web design experience. If you need help with a website i would be willing to donate all my free time if needed. I have discussed this with my wife and she has no problem helping out any way we can.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1ifbyland2ifbydebitcard

reply to post by Jepic

I am sorry my general focus isn't on my home country right now, I just feel like Japan needs our help now and in the future, their land will get struck again by more earthquakes, why encourage them to build a life that will be destroyed again in seconds? These people at least need somewhere to go until all is clear.

I know everyone is trying to be nice, but I'll just say it: This is a self-absorbed gesture. If you don't want to help the homeless people near you, then you are choosing one form of humanity over another.

If your actions came from the right place, you wouldn't need to post them on the internet.
Please use the enormous amount of time and money that you'll spend in this egotistical endeavor and use it to help the people right next to you who are hit by something just as real and hard...

The OP is sincerely motivated to do something good for humanity. Others are getting on board. This is a good thing. No, it's a great thing.

If you think something should be done closer to home...go for it. The world would be better off if everyone got involved in something like this, regardless of geography.

What the world doesn't need is another person who attacks the sincere efforts of others. Such attacks do not serve humanity in any positive way. They only serve to feed the attacker's insecure, self-righteous ego.

Great job, OP. You're doing what most folks are too scared or too lazy to do. You're taking action.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
If you think this is nonsense go somewhere else and play and let those who are willing to try move forward. Why are you wasting your time here? Also, I'm not so worried about serial killers. I'm worried that these wonderful victims are going to perish from hunger, thirst, or radiation if someone doesn't help. Yes, there are evil people in the world, but I don't believe this is as great a danger as what is looming there now.

Originally posted by 1ifbyland2ifbydebitcard

Originally posted by GhostLancer

Sam

I have no doubt that there are some "helpers" on here who want to take in Japanese for the wrong reasons. You're not being negative, that's an obvious concern and it speaks to the ludicrous nature of this thread. All of this will have to be done through placement agencies with workers who will check on these kinds of things. You don't just go on ATS and make a thread about it. Nonsense.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by heataz

Exactly....you have a much greater chance of dying in a car accident.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I think this is a great idea. For all the Visa requirements and difficulty to get into the US I don't think this would be truly feasible unless the unthinkable does happen. If that is the case we will make room and there will be much more than simple grass roots assistance (which will also be required) so keep up the idea and dig in it might be needed in the near future. (I hope not)

I would also like to point out to everyone who says "Why the Japanese, why not help others?". Whether it is subconscious or just unsaid I will say it. These are educated first world country people who had jobs, income, property, and above all skills. Not only would the American people like to help them more than the uneducated victims of a third world disaster it would be to our benefit to get as much of the skilled labor pool here as possible. We want the here and not China or the UK, or anywhere else. They will bring jobs and prosperity.

I am personally hoping Toyota will open more plants in the US and move some operations and new jobs as well as workers. Anyone who has studied manufacturing or supply chain would be thrilled for the opportunity.

I would also like to add there is a lot of generalizations about Japanese people going on here and I just participated. (Bad me) We do need to keep mind they are humans and as such there is a great diversity in personality and ethics just like any group of people. But there is a much higher education rate and Japan is a first world country.

I would welcome any educated skilled person into my home who lost their livelihood to a natural disaster. And that is the distinction.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

By the way, I am glad you know all of us on a personal level and know our intentions

I didn't say anything of the sort.
As far as agencies go, there are going to be all kinds of things set up by professionals in the coming months to aid in these matters. Making a thread on AboveTopSecret, with "serious inquiries only" like you're selling a car is not the way to go about it.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Because I give money to and contribute to many people in need here every week. I would like to take it abroad with this disaster going on.

Then surely you could invite one of the needy in your area into your home. You would be helping more quickly and they're just as precious as any other human, right?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join