It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FLASH: S. Korea army says to hold largest-ever live-fire drill on Thursday on mainland near border w

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

To be honest... North Korea is a communist country, a vindictive communist country! So thats good enough for me to hate them (without having to go into detail what they've done!)

In my honest opinion? going back to my post with the BBC News quote plus what I said above... Both sides are as bad as each other! Before someone jumps the gun and take offense: I'm not anti-American AT ALL. In fact, I admire the American people, just as i admire my own; the British people but we're both got *[censored
]*
governments.

Bottom line:
North Korea#s government disgusts me. They're vindictive, communist pigs
United States government is provocative, corrupt, war-mongering.
My country (United Kingdom) ^ Same as the United States only we're a smaller country and happily follow others because we are also; warmongering and corrupt.

I think, going back on whatever someone said previously, North Korean won't attack (yet). They'll attack unexpectedly as they do best. Meanwhile, other countries will get involved when/if things get heavy! (US & UK will back South Korea... China & Russia backs North Korea... Iran finally gets there chance to have a pop at the west and join in...Israel will join to have a pop at Palestine and Iran) I'm no WWIII nut or anuthing who likes to warmonger or fearmonger!! BUT it's coming... But, I recon later than sooner and definitely not over this Christmas! or coincidently occur in 21st Dec 2012 with a worldwide wipeout lmao.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
This is going to be an exciting night
I'm getting ready, will be following vitchillo's N. Korea crisis thread
I do not think north korea will do anything and will stand down.
Just as the last time, we shall see, I hope nothing happens and crisis is adverted.

Yeah, they have been paid out so I highly doubt N.K will do a single thing.

Maybe fire a shell into a the sea, I don't imagine anything more than that

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

Okay, let's put this story in a scaled down scenario.

You're a schoolboy and despite any values you have as a person, two guys are bullying you. They're pretend to throw punches (remember you're scared, OR threatened at least) You're gonna hit back! Then they laugh at you and throw more pretend punches. Eventually you're gonna fight!

Or... You won't, but you'll plan on getting them back one day! Just depends how far South Korea and the U.S take it to be honest. If the 'biggest live fire drill ever' is the last of it, then maybe MAYBE it'll blow over. Otherwise, war is coming! Whether it's an honourable 1vs1 or whether sides are backed (which could turn nasty).

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
this is a matter between two nations that aren't the US

war means lots of people die and our involvement means Vietnam part 3 for generation X - on the other hand progress has to be made and unifying Korea might be the only way it will happen - either way it's the future that shouldn't be feared.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

N Korea did back down, they put their military back to how it was before, pulled the artillery back, gave some harsh words to S Korea and told the USA and UN that nuclear inspectors can return.

Now S Korea is riling them up again.. bravo S Korea..bravo. *golf clap*

This isn't Starcraft for god's sake!

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Kim Jong Fat better get the message. Apparently he thinks he has the run of the peninsula, firing off artillery and sinking ships.

It's past time someone took that fat bastard down.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Does anyone know what time the Thursday drills are to begin?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
Does anyone know what time the Thursday drills are to begin?

Report I just read said beginning in the afternoon, its 11:30 east coast USA where I am now, so that makes it 1:30 in the afternoon there, so any minute now I guess....guess we just keep our eyes peeled for the next few hours or so. I might be headed to bed though, so someone call my cell if anything happens

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
These drills should be starting right this minute.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Some of you people sound like you want war to break out, just look at the comments on this thread. and you people call Republicans war-mongers

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ancient Champion
Some of you people sound like you want war to break out, just look at the comments on this thread. and you people call Republicans war-mongers

how do you know the people saying the comments aren't republicans?

Why do you feel the need to turn this into a partisan discussion?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR

Originally posted by Ancient Champion

how do you know the people saying the comments aren't republicans?

Why do you feel the need to turn this into a partisan discussion?

I find it sick that people on here get excited about war breaking out.

people die during events like war but people on here treat it like a movie

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

@BreakingNews S. Korea army begins large-scale land live-fire military drill south of heavily armed border with N. Korea
Twitter - 2 minutes ago

It has began again. Lets hope NK keeps their cool..

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
War games are over, they lasted about an hour.

*Yawn*

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Did you ever read the hagukare? Asians have the mind set,that if you are taunted for war you either fight to the death or kill yourself by supaku (stabing yourself in stomache). hopefully they adopted a new religion by now.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by whipsandchainsamerica
Did you ever read the hagukare? Asians have the mind set,that if you are taunted for war you either fight to the death or kill yourself by supaku (stabing yourself in stomache). hopefully they adopted a new religion by now.

Sorry but It's not supaku, it's Seppuku and belongs to japanese culture.... not korean :

Seppuku (切腹?, "stomach-cutting") is a form of Japanese ritual suicide by disembowelment. Seppuku was originally reserved only for samurai.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 23-12-2010 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
It is the old Communist/Capitalist arguement and so it may notbe aquestion of oil, rare earth minerals or other resources, it may well be a case of wanting 'regime change' which pretty much every war the Americans involve themselves in becomes, but at the same time it's still an attempt on a sovereign nation. I don't like the way North Koreans are treated any better than the way Somali or Conganese citizens are treated, but we're not there because there's no international political sway in Africa.

'Uncle' Joe Stalin was Communist, and the worst kind at that, but we befriended him when it suited us.

The relations between Britain/Europe/the United States and Russia/China have become fraught with more diplomatic problems in the last few years (or weeks... check out all the tit for tat re: UK russian diplomats, chinese stance on NK arsenal, Europes RADAR defense backed by the US against Russia, Japans stance backed by US towards China) than at any time since the fall of the Berlin wall. China and Russia will support NK both diplomaticly and militarily. And, so they should. Why should they break their ideals because we want a bit of regime change - don't like the way it's run but it's better than 'shock and aweing' innocents into revolt or coup or lengthy war involving all the worlds super powers killing millions, perhaps billions with the weapons we've developed.

I don't support war, or false communism for that matter. But the US has it's Capitalist fingers in too many regimes trying to ween whatever contracts it can for the US businesses failing to impact in ME/Asia/Africa. Leave it alone. If N Korea strikes whether you think it's justified or not it's the fault of the US. And that can only be seen by outsiders as an act of war on N Koreas supporters. Whatever the outcome will not be pretty, probably the doomsday scenario of the only true world war. Don't think Argentina, Venezuela, Cuba et al won't welcome the opportunity of America's back being turned facing the big boys. And don't think there aren't already Russian and Chinese troops already stationed here.

The sad thing is, I don't see how 'the west' can win this time.

Merry Christmas ATS'ers. I hope it all blows over like a musty fart on the breeze.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Double Post?!@?
edit on 23-12-2010 by Pr0t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Why would they start a ware of a live fire drill?? It's just a drill or are those countries that messed up... or are they firing live rounds in a drill over their neighbours yard?

either way i hope WW3 breaks out we need a reduction in population

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
It appears the situation is continuing to escalate. This report by msnbc entitled "North Korea threatens nuclear 'holy war' " quotes North Korea's minister of armed forces as stating "To counter the enemy's intentional drive to push the situation to the brink of war, our revolutionary forces are making preparations to begin a holy war at any moment necessary based on nuclear deterrent,"

www.msnbc.msn.com...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join