It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, where are the jobs?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

My bad, I meant federal income taxes. I thought that would be self evident when I mentioned the tax returns. So sure most people pay sales tax. I was unaware that the bill for "billionaire tax breaks"
was also giving them breaks on state and local sales taxes. I must have missed that part.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

My bad, I meant federal income taxes. I thought that would be self evident when I mentioned the tax returns. So sure most people pay sales tax. I was unaware that the bill for "billionaire tax breaks"
was also giving them breaks on state and local sales taxes. I must have missed that part.

reply to post by Misoir

Oh please! the lowest half of income earners don't even pay taxes. Be real. They may have some money "withheld" from their checks, but they get it all back and more on the tax returns. Go sell crazy somewhere else, we are all filled up here.

Ya you are clearly full, you might think about sitting on the jon for a spell -

The people who don't file or pay have to earn less than $8,375 in a year -

Above that and people are taxed at 15% - $8,375 - 34,000

Then 25% 34,000 - 82,400

Your faulty talking point is very close in design to the lies the French elite created and spread to justify their tyranny just prior to the French Revolution. Wealth worship, American idol and subjugation go hand in hand.

You actually lie to protect the interests of Billionaires BTW

training complete

My bad

taking a crap every once in while won't hurt you

edit on 19-12-2010 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Well the thing is, with these taxes, the poor already pay a higher percentage of their income into tax, even without income tax. THATS WHY THEY ARE GIVEN THE BREAK TO BEGIN WITH.

If you make $100 a week and give up 10% in local taxes, thats $10. You have $90 to feed your kids, pay for the heat, your car and your mortgage.

If you make $1000 a week, you pay more like $350, and have $600 to provide.

If you make $50,000 a week, you pay $22,000, and have 28,000 PER WEEK to provide for your family.

It sucks for mr 50K a week that he has to pay more, and to be sure he does, by a lot. But if he doesnt pay, who else is going to? Who can afford to? Should we all be forced to pay more so Mr 50K can live his lifestyle?

Isnt that the argument you use against the poor? Id rather pay for someone who cant make their car payment than pay for someone who has a porsche and a boat....the guy with the porsche and boat is less likely to punch out my teeth or stab me for $30 in my wallet.
edit on 19-12-2010 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Everyone seems to be missing the obvious point. The reason jobs are gone, is because for 20 years or so, due to NAFTA and other "fair" trade treaties, the GREEDY Corporate bastards have been sending American jobs overseas. Let's aim the ire where it belongs, at those greedy corporate suits, who sacrifice American jobs so that they can increase their crooked bonuses to a point of obscenity. Then if they don't have enough profits to fatten those bonuses, they know their partners in crime, the US Congress, will STEAL the money from the US Treasury(yours and mine), and give them the money anyway. They also know that REGARDLESS of whether it is a Democratic OR Republican President, they will sign those outrageous "bailouts", because they'll also get a cut of it under the table.
No need to look elsewhere. The crooks are hiding in plain sight.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
Everyone seems to be missing the obvious point. The reason jobs are gone, is because for 20 years or so, due to NAFTA and other "fair" trade treaties, the GREEDY Corporate bastards have been sending American jobs overseas. Let's aim the ire where it belongs, at those greedy corporate suits, who sacrifice American jobs so that they can increase their crooked bonuses to a point of obscenity. Then if they don't have enough profits to fatten those bonuses, they know their partners in crime, the US Congress, will STEAL the money from the US Treasury(yours and mine), and give them the money anyway. They also know that REGARDLESS of whether it is a Democratic OR Republican President, they will sign those outrageous "bailouts", because they'll also get a cut of it under the table.
No need to look elsewhere. The crooks are hiding in plain sight.

I will agree with that 100%. the people you talk about are generally the top 1%, the ones FOX NEWS have brainwashed people into defending the "rights" of.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
so obviously the entire GOP agenda is a complete failure.

And we have seen the proof that the Dems have it all figured out, what with their past performance these last 4 years and all. Things have been steadily getting better day by day for the last 4 years since a liberal majority has been in effect. Why, all I need to do is look into the old bank account to see that the GOP certainly had no idea what to do. But wait! I just had a great idea! how about we see what happens next year when the GOP actually gets a chance to BE in office? What a noble idea. Maybe we could all pretend that we have brains and not spout off at the mouth waaaaaayyy before it time to. Aw, nevermind.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Until we no longer live in a cheap economy, American jobs will be gone. America, is so service orientated now I am not sure how well we can be at making stuff. Our survival skill as a whole is pretty pathetic, we have less farmers now then ever, and its just kinda scary right now. I am not sure if we will get the JOBS back. Unless it is service orientated. The fact that the politicians have not been governing in the favor of the people for a very long time is the result of the scenario we are in now.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

Service oriented economies can never have a fair balance of trade. We have to make and sell THINGS, raw materials in order to re-balance our economy.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

Originally posted by whatukno
so obviously the entire GOP agenda is a complete failure.

And we have seen the proof that the Dems have it all figured out, what with their past performance these last 4 years and all. Things have been steadily getting better day by day for the last 4 years since a liberal majority has been in effect. Why, all I need to do is look into the old bank account to see that the GOP certainly had no idea what to do. But wait! I just had a great idea! how about we see what happens next year when the GOP actually gets a chance to BE in office? What a noble idea. Maybe we could all pretend that we have brains and not spout off at the mouth waaaaaayyy before it time to. Aw, nevermind.

Wait for the GOP to be in office?

This is the after glow of the GOPs contribution

It wouldn't sound so insane if we did not just live through a decade governed by the GOP.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Job Creation 101 by: Proto

Example A: Mr. manager! Mr. manager, the customers are lined up outside the door again, and they are mumbling and rolling their eyes, so people at the end of the line are looking at their watches and shaking their heads in disgust and turning around and leaving!

Manager: Damnit Bones! We have got to get another doctor down here in sick bay, clearly you can't handle all these Klingon cassualties yourself!

Employee: Damnit Jim! I'm a doctor not God! We need more help.

Manager: Alright Bones I will write Star Fleet and see if they can send us an immigrant from one of the new planets for cheap!

Employee: Great idea Jim!

Example B: Mr. Manager, Mr. Manager, can I go home early, there hasn't been a customer in hours and the only person we had all day in here was Spock doing his monthly ear measurement, which frankly I think he could do by himself, he just likes me playing with them.

Manager: Bones I am sorry, but word of your drinking habit has spread, and now the rest of the ship is self medicating too, I really don't think we need you around here anymore, no business! Look I know we are friends but I have to let you go!

Employee: Well, alright but all the Medicinal Scotch is mine, I am taking it with me.

Manager: No it's not, it's property of Star Fleet I am calling security.

Example 3: Mr. Manager, Mr. Manager, can I go home hearly there hasn't been a customer here in hours and the only person we had all day was Spock doing his monthly ear measurement, which frankly I think he could do by himself, he just likes playing with them.

Manager: Bones you might be a great Doctor but you are a lousy Business man! Federation Leader Obama has just given the Vulcans 10 Trillion Dollars to start sending all Vulcans here to the Enterprise to have their ears measured.

In fact we are going to hire two more Doctors to handle all the new customers, which we will make 13.41 per person off of even though the Federation is spending 317,614.13 to get each one here!

Employee: Brilliant Jim, I knew that Obama would turn the Federation around.

******Note to Earthlings*******

Supply and demand runs the labor market, payroll is one of the most significant costs for a small to medium sized business, to few employees and you may miss sales, to many and you are hemoraging cash.

Not raising taxes does not create excess revenue in the private sector, it simply maintains a tenuous stats quo.

Raising taxes decreases revenue inthe private sector, it worsens the status quo.

Sending Proto a 10,000,000,000,000 stilmulus check does not kick start the economy because proto will simply scan it and then frame it and do an ATS Thread about it.

Sending Joe Blow a stimulus check for 1,000 stimulates Wal-Mart, China, India, and Papa Johns in that order.

Creating legislation that places exceptionally high tarrifs on Wal-Mart Chinese, and Indian products and Papa John's Pizza though will force more people who already have money to spend it local business, and this will in fact stimulate the economy.

The Tax Game if used wisely (and neither side is) forces a level playing field, where mom and pop become competitive again, and as their business increases they can hire.

**********NEWS FLASH*****************

Your greedy politicians have no COMMON SENSE on either side of the aisle!

*************QUESTION*******************

What's your excuse?

Since the moment you stop spending your money with big corporations and foreign goods it stops hurting our economy?

edit on 19/12/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Creating legislation that places exceptionally high tarrifs on Wal-Mart Chinese, and Indian products and Papa John's Pizza though will force more people who already have money to spend it local business, and this will in fact stimulate the economy.

Bingo, my good friend. Like you, I have been advocating such actions for years. Of course, no one listens to us.
Up until now, all Congress has done is THREATEN to raise tariffs on the Chinese, but ONLY IF the Chinese keep the Yuan artificially low. Well, it is still undervalued by at least 40% In fact, the bill which passed this fall was watered down, from it's original form, which would have set across-the-board tariffs on ALL Chinese goods, if the Chinese didn't blink.
The bill that was passed leaves actions up to the discretion of the current administration on a case by case basis.
So much for Congress.

www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

tell you what, put on your gloating shoes in 4 years. I might be wearing the same ones, but to say that the last 4 years were great would be the a bit daft. I am in business for myself. I have seen the repercussions of stupid people first hand. If I can survive through the first year of the next congressional guffaw, I hope like hell I can be proud of my party. I can say for sure that I an not a fan of what has just transpired. Just so you know, the president don't make much difference, it's the lawmakers who determine the path of money.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Just to remind you, who was it again that pushed GATT and NAFTA?

Oh, that would be the Democrat's hero and favorite philanderer and accused serial.....................

Still think eliminate all income and property taxation and institute an across the board sales taxation, including the sale of stocks. Keep the wealth in country and we could eliminate all tariffs. The sales tax would act as a buffer to foreign sales in country.

Common sense.

PLUS, you reinstitute a basic tenet of the Constitution, PRIVATE PROPERTY SHALL NOT BE SEIZED WITHOUT JUST COMPENSATION.
edit on 20-12-2010 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

tell you what, put on your gloating shoes in 4 years. I might be wearing the same ones, but to say that the last 4 years were great would be the a bit daft. I am in business for myself. I have seen the repercussions of stupid people first hand. If I can survive through the first year of the next congressional guffaw, I hope like hell I can be proud of my party. I can say for sure that I an not a fan of what has just transpired. Just so you know, the president don't make much difference, it's thepeople who bought and paid for lawmakers who determine the path of money.
Fixed

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
There are jobs out there.

Its just they go to the employable, the already employed and the right people.

Everyone else, well....there is no jobs for them.

Its too bad....just the way it works. Chin up....there is always McDumbf**** if you can't get a proper job.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TheManipulator

That is true. I have already informed management at my job that I am leaving at the end of 2011. They have had me train others to replace me, but there is no one really qualified to do my job. The last person they tried was a degreed engineer(BSEE with PE) but he could not diagnose his way out of a wet paper bag. What happened to all the critical thinkers? What happened to logical deduction? This guy could explain how the circuits should work, but when a problem was introduced he was lost. I have tried to suggest hiring an industrial electrician(part of my post military back ground), but they say he would be unqualified. So I checked out the qualifications they are looking for, LOL I am not even qualified! Well technically I am, I do have a bachelors degree but it is in history.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
I would venture to say its a bit early..

give it a year and see...if we are not down to 8% or less, then we can grab the torches and pitchforks...

I'll do you better than that. I will give it 10 years...that is how long these tax cuts for the welathiest amongst us have been in place. This bill just extended them.

No need to wait...we can simply look back at the past decade...ahem...how's the economy done in that time?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I really do not understand all the republican democrat republican democrat talk.

Bush 1 proposed Nafta and Clinton got it signed.

They are 2 sides of the same dime.

Some of these corporations need breaking up - what ever happened to breaking up monopolies?
I'm starting to think NONE of what we say or do matters - I don't even think any of the old laws matter anymore - the corporations are in charge and congress gets done what they want done.

Period.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Actually most of the businesses in the west are small (under 15 employess) . Small businesses tend to generate a significant amount of wealth collectively. Giving the rich tax breaks does not automatically kickstart the economy or generate jobs. In these uncertain times a lot of the rich will simply sit on their tax break and not spend it. Also they may also negotiate artisans down is they come to wok for them. The rich never got rich throwing their money around recklessly!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Starred! You are right on ALL counts. Both parties are crooked. Both pushed NAFTA. Both get most of their money from large corporations, and yes, the Anti-Trust Act has lost all of its teeth. No one will try to break up these giants that are bribing those same people that COULD invoke the Sherman Anti-Trust Act.

The entire lot of them need to be thrown out. Ron Paul is just about the only one in the entire Congress worth a damn.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join