It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spanish Woman Claims She Now Owns Sun

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Spanish Woman Claims She Now Owns Sun

www.myfoxorlando.com

Duran, who lives in the town of Salvaterra do Mino, said she now wants to slap a fee on everyone who uses the sun and give half of the proceeds to the Spanish government and 20 percent to the nation's pension fund.

She would dedicate another 10 percent to research, another 10 percent to ending world hunger -- and would keep the remaining 10 percent herself.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
You see, the thing about the "law" is that it allows for completely insane ideas to be legitimate. Owning the "Sun" is no more bizarre or crazy as owning a "piece of land".

Or what about this idea that you don't have "rights" to collect rain water that falls on the roof of your dwelling, and you could be fined for attempting to do so!?

I say good for her, but good luck collecting your fees lady!

Is it possible to claim ownership of the Milky Way Galaxy?

www.myfoxorlando.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I am for this and totally agree with one difference, her 10% shall become my 10%.

and there you have it.

+45 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Now for the next clever move. This woman's sun floods my bedroom when I'm trying to sleep and is far in excess of what is allowable under local light pollution laws. If she doesn't either dim or redirect the sun away from my window I think I might sue.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I got dibbs on the moon yo! You heard it here first!

Gotta admit that is one headline I did not expect to see. But it is true people can obtain ownership(or is it more just the rights to naming one?), so she may have a case. Can't believe no one has attempted it before, like the vatican or something.

Peace,
spec

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Imagine how much money that would be. Think of all the plants that use solar energy to grow. Think of all the fruits that are dried by the sun. Solar power too. The hardest part would be figuring out a way to measure how much energy people use.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
Now for the next clever move. This woman's sun floods my bedroom when I'm trying to sleep and is far in excess of what is allowable under local light pollution laws. If she doesn't either dim or redirect the sun away from my window I think I might sue.

LOL!!
Yeah, I'd hate to see her attorney fees after then next direct hit of an X class solar flare!

She might want to keep a bit more of the money she makes.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I think she'll regret it when the skin cancer lawsuits come rolling in.
I think she might also be liable for providing everyone with health and safety info as regards her sun, and possibly providing everyone with free sunblock.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

This is why natural resources should never have the right of ownership. Only the finished product developed product made through human efforts should be owned. If this is not so then I now claim a right to all dirt. If you walk on my dirt you should be charged. If my dirt is on your property then you should pay me for it's use. I also stake a claim to own all sea life in the ocean. If anyone fishes they should pay me accordingly. I claim the right to the other planets in our solar system. lol

Seriously, how can she own the sun when she cannot control it?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Well should I contact her with my lawyer for having expenses of damage due to the sun? Overheating my car faded paint and I think it is the sun that makes my houses shingles go bad. Need to get that cost back now from this lady if there will be anything left from the lawsuits that should be filed for Skin Cancer.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I claimed the whole universe back in '05. I also invented and trademarked the word "infinitentity" for multiple universe's. The Sun is mine too, biotch!

Plz don't sue.

link   

Hi, Harrytuttle.

This lady is misinformed. Check out this link about Dennis Hope, the man who "owns" the moon:
Who really owns the moon?

Q: Can any State claim a part of outer space as its own?
A: No. The Outer Space Treaty states that outer space, including the Moon and other celestial bodies is not subject to national appropriation by claim of sovereignty, by means of use or occupation, or by any other means. The Treaty establishes the exploration and use of outer space as the "province of all mankind." The Moon Agreement expands on these provisions by stating that neither the surface nor the subsurface of the Moon, nor any part thereof, or natural resources in place, shall become property of any State, international intergovernmental or non-governmental organization, national organization or non-governmental entity or of any natural person.

Be well.
edit on 26-11-2010 by jeanvaljean because: mispelled the name of the dude who owns the moon.

link   
It is not widely known but I in fact own time and space. Anyone who is in time or/and space is on my property. I think I will start to charge people for lurking on my property.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

... Well IF she does own the sun

I'm sure the Clintonistas will be along shortly to steal it !?!?!?!?!?!?

edit on 26-11-2010 by radarloveguy because: that's a 666

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
That's it, I'm holding everyone in the world hostage!

Hello World!
Guess what?

I'm Planet Earth!
And if you don't give me my money, I'm going to sink every last continent into my never ending abyss! Starting with Italy!!!

What do I demand?

Your money is worthless, meaningless, I don't want your technology, I don't want your governments, NO. I want you to put my Trees back, undig the soils, remove the toxic waste from my veins, desalinate my grasslands, replenish my springs, BRING BACK THE DODO!

YOU'VE GOT 24hrs

Can't do that?
Oh, ok, alright...no, that's fine, really, I understand...

You can't own The Sun, unless you ARE the sun.
edit on 26-11-2010 by leira7 because: with our powers combined... lol

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond

Good point...and lets look at how many victims of skin cancer can blame this lady's glowing orb that she owns.

If you ask me...this lady is stupid...I know "she says" she is smart in the article...but I suspect really stupid people say that a lot.

But yeah, if she legally owned the sun, she would become the easiest person to sue on the entire planet.

Like I said....stupid.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Not to mention, the sun has a lot of surface area - I'd hate to see her property taxes! Besides, to claim "property", don't you need to live on it? Ouch.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
This has got to be one of the strangest, crazy, funny, stupid, genius and downright odd use of a legal loophole I've ever seen... I can just imagine what the notary public said when she brought this to him... "W-wait, what? You're serious? Well... seems legal and I am getting paid so...". Truly the strangest thing I've read in a while.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jeanvaljean

I can't wait until some aliens come along and say, "Space Treaty?! Ha ha ha - we didn't sign no 'Space Treaty'!! We own EVERYTHING!!!"

And unless we could defeat them, they'd pretty much be right.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
She must be the missing daughter of Montgomery Burns, only he would come up with something like this

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0ec8e353ff41.png[/atsimg]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join