It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Massive US Naval Exercise near China

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
found this fact interesting " each of these 20 Chinese missiles are unfueled, without their warheads mated and not very accurate."

[edit on 5-7-2004 by namehere]

Source? Proof?

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SiCkBoYAmerica does not want a war with China, and yes above was a joke, America wants wars with little brown people that cant fire big bombs or even get planes off the runway, surly you can all see that?! America wont go into N.C either , as they do have big bombs and they might just use them.

hmm even tho iraq had the 4th largest army in the world and, plus if you knew anything about tactics you'd know it would be stupid to allow your enemy to get defenses and counter forces ready so whatever im glad you arent a general.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by browhaSource? Proof?

www.commondreams.org...

(Source: The Military Balance 1998/99, International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS) Nuclear weapons figures from Carnegie Endowment for International Peace.)

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Are you saying that Iraq had the 4th largest army in the world as a fact, or for the sake of argument?
China and America will not war in the near future. To do so would be fatal for both economies, and any attack America launches on China on the surface will be crushed in moments.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by browhaSource? Proof?

www.commondreams.org...

(Source: The Military Balance 1998/99, International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS) Nuclear weapons figures from Carnegie Endowment for International Peace.)

Yup, notice that's 98/99. China have since put a man in space (Something America hasnt done for a few years), launched tens if not hundreds of satellites successfully, at least 4x the military budget, and continued work on nuclear weapons, finished weapons guidance systems, etc. Great source.

edit: In fact, that's the sort of source that Bush used for the war in Iraq! His was only 14 years out of date, yours is just a mere 5.

[edit on 5-7-2004 by browha]

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by browha
Are you saying that Iraq had the 4th largest army in the world as a fact, or for the sake of argument?
China and America will not war in the near future. To do so would be fatal for both economies, and any attack America launches on China on the surface will be crushed in moments.

it was a fact before the iraq war.

well i never said they would go to war, ps what makes you think china would crush an american invasion? im sure if america did such a thing it would do it with india, tiawan, japan and a few other asian nations help.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SiCkBoYAmerica does not want a war with China, and yes above was a joke, America wants wars with little brown people that cant fire big bombs or even get planes off the runway, surly you can all see that?! America wont go into N.C either , as they do have big bombs and they might just use them.

hmm even tho iraq had the 4th largest army in the world and, plus if you knew anything about tactics you'd know it would be stupid to allow your enemy to get defenses and counter forces ready so whatever im glad you arent a general.

lol you can have a load of farmers with guns and sticks, but if they are not trained in how to use them, and they dont have all the tanks and things you do, its a total mis-match (come on even you know this lad) right give each man in china a gun and a big stick and then go to war with america, Ooh no RUN china has the biggest baddest army in the world and our troops are not even finished in the whore houses of Iraq!

this is why British special forces (still to ths day) train American Special forces, because a 6 man troop of the SAS could wipe out an 100 man troop of any American Reg (and thats a fact) the greatest weapon you have is your mind, and Mr Bush is your leader lol

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Yup, notice that's 98/99. China have since put a man in space (Something America hasnt done for a few years)

maybe you thought about moon because americans are very often in space
but chinese weren't there and americans were there 40 years ago

and china's space industry is very very powerful
)) even their civil space planes,their space shuttles etc etc
)))

bunny bugs will say "is there any doctor"???

[edit on 5-7-2004 by gattaca]

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Yup, notice that's 98/99. China have since put a man in space (Something America hasnt done for a few years), launched tens if not hundreds of satellites successfully, at least 4x the military budget, and continued work on nuclear weapons, finished weapons guidance systems, etc. Great source.

edit: In fact, that's the sort of source that Bush used for the war in Iraq! His was only 14 years out of date, yours is just a mere 5.

no, because they havent increased their nuclear forces since 98.

www.nrdc.org...

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
MMhmm....
And when was the last time America had a man in space.... And when was the last time they put someone on the moon.... When was the last time they launched a successful space mission without killing it's crew members...
I'm not arguing that China's things are better than America's... Just that they are comparable.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   

no, because they havent increased their nuclear forces since 98.

www.nrdc.org...

yup that quote is still two years out of date.
and by the looks of your source, 48 + 20 + 20+ 40 is a hell of a lot greater than the 15 you were claiming.
Even if you only take ICBMs, that's still 20, with about 70 more that can do up to 4700 km away, which should be the west coast of America, I think.
also, let us not forget, everytime someone builds a new nuclear weapon, it's announced right away.. isnt it.. oh wait.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Just that they are comparable.

like f-22 is comparable to new chinese fighter

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SiCkBoY
this is why British special forces (still to ths day) train American Special forces, because a 6 man troop of the SAS could wipe out an 100 man troop of any American Reg (and thats a fact)

whatever you want to think, i've heard that many times but noone has ever proven it to be true with any facts or anything.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by gattaca

Just that they are comparable.

like f-22 is comparable to new chinese fighter

Have you ever seen the two in action against each other? I think not.
You are so darn stupid and ignorant, I feel sorry for the fact that you will never actually be considered an intelligent being. If aliens came to the earth and saw you, they'd be like 'Next planet, no intelligent life here'..

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SiCkBoY
this is why British special forces (still to ths day) train American Special forces, because a 6 man troop of the SAS could wipe out an 100 man troop of any American Reg (and thats a fact)

whatever you want to think, i've heard that many times but noone has ever proven it to be true with any facts or anything.

It is quite a good statistic, and it's not too far off the truth I dont think. Certainly a 6 man SAS troop has managed to hold back several hundred soldiers before in Oman.

Also, for your pleasure,;

China first tested a nuclear device in 1964. This fission device was followed by detonation of a fusion [thermonuclear device] in 1967. Since then it has refined and miniaturized its nuclear devices to facilitate free dropping from fighter ground attack aircraft; delivery through a wide range of missile systems including MRBMs, IRBMs, ICBM, SLBMs and short range tactical missiles; utility as Atomic Demolition Munitions [ADMs]; and, battle field application through heavy and medium artillery pieces. China has shown considerable interest in the Enhanced Radiation Device [ERD], which would provide the wherewithal for tactical deployment. According to one source, the stockpile of nuclear warheads was estimated at 1,245 in 1985, which amounted to approximately three times that of France.

Source; Here

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   

yup that quote is still two years out of date.
and by the looks of your source, 48 + 20 + 20+ 40 is a hell of a lot greater than the 15 you were claiming.
Even if you only take ICBMs, that's still 20, with about 70 more that can do up to 4700 km away, which should be the west coast of America, I think.
also, let us not forget, everytime someone builds a new nuclear weapon, it's announced right away.. isnt it.. oh wait.

hey you can look for newer reports but 2002 is the latest there is, i've looked with no luck.

and, no,only 20 out of all chinese nukes are capable of hitting the US, did you even read where it says that on that site? it actually says 13 of one missle type in the 2nd link but it doesnt say the total.

[edit on 5-7-2004 by namehere]

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by browhaIt is quite a good statistic, and it's not too far off the truth I dont think. Certainly a 6 man SAS troop has managed to hold back several hundred soldiers before in Oman.

i was reffering to the training part, of course a spec op troops could beat a regular forces unit,i wasnt arguing that aspect.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Have you ever seen the two in action against each other? I think not.
You are so darn stupid and ignorant, I feel sorry for the fact that you will never actually be considered an intelligent being. If aliens came to the earth and saw you, they'd be like 'Next planet, no intelligent life here'

I have never seen battle between mig-15 and f-16 also but I'm sure who would win

let's say something more about all these great chinese space projects and about hundreds chinese in space

mayby something about chinese civil space planes,or about chinese cassini spacecraft or about their last achievements in mars exploration ar about chinese ISS
etc etc

now bunny bugs would say :

doctor,doctor....where are you??

[edit on 5-7-2004 by gattaca]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join