It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumblings of WAR! US deploys second air carrier in Persian Gulf with 60 warplanes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Can you hear the drums yet?

“When word of a crisis breaks out in Washington, it’s no accident that the first question that comes to everyone’s lips is: ‘Where’s the nearest carrier?’” President Bill Clinton March 12, 1993 aboard USS Theodore Roosevelt

The United States has posted a second aircraft carrier, the USS Abraham Lincoln, in the Persian Gulf and northern Arabian Sea. The announcement came from the Pentagon Tuesday, Oct. 19, two days after the vessel put into port at Fifth Fleet headquarters in Manama, Bahrain.

www.debka.com...

USS Abraham Lincoln arrives in Afghanistan region:

The Pentagon has the Everett-based USS Abraham Lincoln to support the troop buildup in Afghanistan. The Navy says the aircraft carrier and the guided missile cruiser USS Cape St. George arrived in the region over the weekend. The Lincoln brings an airwing that can send an additional 60 aircraft into the war — adding to aircraft already there and flying from the carrier the USS Harry S. Truman.

www.heraldnet.com...

Is this the calm before the storm of WW3?
edit on 20-10-2010 by rajaten because: LINK

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
You mean rumblings of continued war. In all honesty how much do i disagree with my government, but my heart goes with the troops and innocent iranians that most probably don't even know what are they doing over there.
edit on 20-10-2010 by kensho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
This has already been posted somewhere else on this site by Vitchillo. Here's the link

US deploys second air carrier in Persian Gulf with 60 warplanes

link   
Good find, two aircraft carriers in close proximity is never, ever a mistake. This makes me believe the webbot much more with its November 8-11 tipping point. Much more reliable than our old pal Maybus

Seriously though, you may be on to something here. I have a Navy inside source Ill see if I can find anything more. Stay vigilant and on top of millitary information and news everyone!

link   

Originally posted by kensho
You mean rumblings of continued war. In all honesty how much do i disagree with my government, but my heart goes with the troops and innocent iranians that most probably don't even know what are they doing over there.
edit on 20-10-2010 by kensho because: (no reason given)

Jump the gun much?

Rumblings of WAR!
Well let's see here "Iraq and Afgahnistan" Yup I'd say there was some rumbling that's been going on. If anything it's a show of force to remind Pakistan whose side they're on.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Hopefully it will stay that way brother, but i guess it is only that wishful thinking...

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Sabre Rattling
Pre-Election propaganda
blah blah blah
nothing will come of it

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kensho

In Gulf war 1 the US deployed 5 carriers and a good assortment of land base fighters. In 2003 the US deployed 4 carriers and roughly the same as Gulf war 1 land based fighters. "If" The US was going to attack Iran one could expect the same amount or more fighter aircraft not just two carriers.

We're good
edit on 20-10-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Perhaps the US is just flexing it muscle at Iran to get to them to come into terms with what the US wants them to do, which is to stop them from making nuclear weapons. But I hope something like this doesn't spark a war. I mean if the US keeps intimidating them with what they are capable of doing, it could be the cause of war with Iran. But then again i could be wrong.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Two carriers are there to backstop Israel....

I have a feeling if the Hammer comes down it'll have blue stars on it's wings....

The days right after the election are going to be very scary days to be alive... (Well for however many of us make it through to look back on them)

If an airstrike does happen though I'd bet on it being Israel that sends Jets in first... but the initial retaliation will most likely kill americans in Iraq and afghanistan. With China solidly backing Iran (and becoming highly aggressive towards american interests on economic and military levels) and Russia ... Well I don't think it can be safely guessed which way they'll jump yet (or whether they are positioning themselves to play the part the US played for the first years of world war 2 and sell arms and materiel to everyone ... wouldn't that be ironic seeing the rangers in BMP-4 airdroppable APC's acquired through a LEase lend program)

Actually the more I think about it ... that would fit with the dunkirk scenario I feel like is brewing for the US military. And it also explains Russia making the moves it has recently to more or less stay neutral.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
wrong thread nm

edit on 21-10-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join