It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US deploys second air carrier in Persian Gulf with 60 warplanes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

US deploys second air carrier in Persian Gulf with 60 warplanes

www.debka.com

The United States has posted a second aircraft carrier, the USS Abraham Lincoln, in the Persian Gulf and northern Arabian Sea. The announcement came from the Pentagon Tuesday, Oct. 19, two days after the vessel put into port at Fifth Fleet headquarters in Manama, Bahrain. debkafile's sources note that this is the first time in two years that Washington had deployed two aircraft carriers at same time - not just one - in waters opposite Iran and Afghanistan.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
There's also other sources reporting this.

USS Abraham Lincoln arrives in Afghanistan region

I know this sounds crazy... but since Obama is SURE TO LOSE the november election, at this point, madness is the only recourse left.

- Bilderberg said back in April that the attack on Iran was given the go ahead.
- Right now the whole foreclosuregate is exploding against the big banks... they need a diversion.

Back in July :Commentary: A three-front war?

The temptation for Obama to double down on Iran will grow rapidly as he concludes that Afghanistan will remain a festering sore as far as anyone can peer into a murky future, hardly a recipe for success at the polls in November. With a war in Afghanistan, which is bound to get worse, and a military theater in Iraq replete with sectarian violence, the bombing of Iran may give Obama a three-front war -- and a chance to retain both houses of Congress.

Think about it. Obama supporters support whatever the hell he does. Neo-cons will love him. Zionists will love him. Obama will be seen as ``though``, a war time president... the arabs countries will love it. Israel will love it. Sanctions are obviously not working. Peace deal is obviously not working.

The only ones against it are those SANES... and we are not a whole lot of people.

EDIT: Also remember the RAND CORPORATION saying that WW3 is the only way to get us out of the depression...

Here

Me thinks this is possible.

EDIT : Let's say Obama starts something just before the vote. People will say/medias will say... we can't vote republicans... they'll stop everything Obama needs for the war... for the troops! We must vote democrats!

www.debka.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 20-10-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I dont think that two carriers are something unusual in Persian gulf.
This title repeats every few months.

This is from June and also from Debka (what a surprise):
Third US carrier, 4,000 Marines augment US armada opposite Iran

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Zmurfix

Yeah it's Debka... we'll see within a month anyway.

I think this is 99% BS but eh, I suffer from doom fatigue.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by Zmurfix

This doom thing is very infectious these days. And we are only in 2010, I dont want to see what will happen in 2012 here

Looks like debka is recycling their own stories only changing names and dates

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
We see a lot of possible war scenarios and predictions and nothing usually comes of it,Do you think that madness will prevail in order to save the current presidency,are they desperate enough to stay in power that sacrifices will be made?From your previous threads its clear that you follow possible war situations closely but are usually careful not to jump to conclusions,and now you say you think this is possible.I get the impression that this could soon be a reality,If so it will only end in tears

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

I'm just saying what could go in their head.

After all, Obama approval ratings are in the dumps and he didn't have his ``event`` yet... Clinton had OKC... and the WTC attack... all false-flags... Bush had 9/11... Blair had 7/7...

Obama didn't have his yet.

Banks are in trouble, people are pissed... this looks like the perfect timing.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Zmurfix

Yeah Doom fatigue is very contaigous and viral

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The U.S. keeps a regular pattern mixed with some randomness of Carriers in that area so that if we do decide to strike we can at any time, and also so Iran can't easily determine our intent based on ship numbers/positions.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I thought they already sent a second one back in June?

Is this one just to replace one that's already been deployed?

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Every six months we go through the same thing. The US normally keeps one Carrier Strike Group and one Amphibious Group in the area. The Carrier Strike Group is built around a nuclear carrier and all its support ships. The Amphibious group also has a "carrier," but it is much smaller and more appropriate for Harrier jump jets and helicopters. The amphibious group carriers a bunch of marines, a few tanks, and all the trimmings necessary to make a small-scale invasion. To give you an idea of the difference, a CVN carrier is about 100,000 tons displacement. The Nassau, LHA-4, is about 26,000 tons displacement. Often people will call the Nassau a "carrier" and then proclaim there are more "carriers" in the Gulf than normal.

If you use the term "carrier" generically to apply to both types of vessel, even though one is a quarter the size of the other, then there are ALWAYS two "carriers" in the Gulf. But every six or seven months both these :carriers" get relieved so they can go home to San Diego or Norfolk (or Bremerton or Everett, Washington) on rotation. When this happens, the number of "carriers" increases to three. Then we have these proclamation that "Oh, My God, there are THREE carriers in the Guld and war is imminent."

Well, usually not. Usually, the overlap is a week or two and then the carrier that has been on station the longest goes home.
edit on 10/21/2010 by schuyler because: spelling

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

the arabs countries will love it.

Dont agree with you there but do find this story to be interesting.

As history shows, Americans love it when the POTUS goes on a killing spree and the Dems sure could use the boost prior to November 4th...

edit on 21-10-2010 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The Lincoln is relieving the Truman on statioin in the Gulf, a normal carrier group rotation. Truman departed Norfolk Va back in May, time for her and her crew to go home. Lincoln departed Everett Was back on Sept 7th.

Sorry to disappoint all those who were hoping for something more nefarious. This happens like clockwork every time there's a carrier rotation in the Gulf.

You can follow the Lincoln on Facebook. Probably would get more accurate info there than from Debka.

new topics

top topics

join