It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SOHO Catches A UFO ?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I finally looked at this about three times before I finally got it!
I think...LOL
The object in the "red" picture is one size and the exact same object in the "blue" picture is the same size as it is in the red picture, even though the "blue" picture is a much wider field.
If it were a real object, the object should be much smaller (though still the same shape) in the blue picture.
Am I close?

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by digit78

No no. It's just swamp gas refracting light from Venus.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Sabreblade

Exactly right.
It helps demonstrate that it is a sensor effect rather than an actual object. The "object" would have to be at exactly the correct distance from the camera to make it appear the same size in each image. Unlikely in the extreme.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I know exactly what this thing is. This is a Mercurian lantern that was sent up after a wedding that those crazy folks from Mercury had. This is all it is.

Nobody else has thrown that out there so I figured I would. Mercurian lantern.

You never know it might be.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
well... how do ya like that.. while it looks fake as all get out.. it guess the benefit of the doubt has to go to the " it's on an official website". lotsa strange things going on lately, i think we can all agree on that. and just for those who don't know, there was that old guy who says the aliens are coming this wednesday. (i don't remember his name, half heartedly even paid attention). all the disclosure type stuff in the msm, and last night my neighbors and i watched what i swear was a double lunar eclipse. tried to post about it, but ats has that whole 20 post thing.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by notsofast

you can get someone to post it for you if you need.Just ask and someone will help you out.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Alien technology!!! That big thing that flew into the sun a few months ago went in there warmed up and is now taking part of our sun to start another solar system...Or maybe creating their own small sun somewhere? Just saying!

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by ptmckiou

I explained how to eliminate the possibility of an imaging artifact (which we have here), planet, asteroid, or comet.
A "real" UFO? How should I know what a "real" UFO would look like? I've never seen one in any SOHO image.
You're kidding right?
Ok, maybe something like this?

edit on 10/11/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

That's just an E.T. flying saucer. UFO's are supposed to look like Chinese lanterns.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Well,
I see those things all the time after I get hammered . . .

BAHAHA, anyways no it really does look like a phonix.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
The supposed ship looks like a paddle bit for a power drill LOL!
2nd line

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
The fact of the matter is that no one here KNOWS what a real UFO would look like or the physics involved. How do we not know that a civilization a million years ahead of us hasn't mastered plasma vehicles or moving in light vehicles as pure energy because they can manipulate matter and energy? How do we not know that our mere observation doesn't alter the energy? We don't know. Thereby, anyone stating absolutes is showing ignorance based on his limited human short-term existence. It amazes me that there are so many that think they know everything. Humans just a short time ago swore the world was flat. You actually believe our limited science as we know it today is any better?

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Apparently some people still swear the Earth is flat but it's been a very long time since educated, rational people have thought such.

Yes, I actually believe our "limited science" has enabled us to learn a great deal. How to build a computer that you can place on your lap for example. How to put a satellite a million miles into space which can send us images of the Sun for example.

You're right, no one knows what a "real" UFO would look like but some know how the sensors that provide those images work and how they react to cosmic rays.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

The "object" is apparently an artifact produced by the software on the satellite.
An almost identical effect can be seen in the C3 image here:

Since the C3 image covers a much wider field of view than the C2 image and the "object" is the same apparent size in each (50 pixels across), it's clear that it is not physical object.

so you have been looking for it the whole day??? (you know its only 1 frame...it is a bit hard to find when you have different times and on different camera which no one looked there before)

how did you do to find it??

or was this image passed to you??

yours presented is the only one with the exact size and angle..sounds weird huh

knowing NASA main hobby is manipulating images with photoshop and also assuming you have been all day emailing them what the hack is going on...you know it could have been easily prepared by them uploaded and shown to you.

still your explanation does not show how the same glitch is shown at different angles, depth and rotation but with the same shape...for me it might be something that neither you or your friends at Nasa know about..it is a strange place out there

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Apparently some people still swear the Earth is flat but it's been a very long time since educated, rational people have thought such.

Yes, I actually believe our "limited science" has enabled us to learn a great deal. How to build a computer that you can place on your lap for example. How to put a satellite a million miles into space which can send us images of the Sun for example.

You're right, no one knows what a "real" UFO would look like but some know how the sensors that provide those images work and how they react to cosmic rays.

I agree our "limited science" has enabled us to learn. However, we are still in the stone age on a cosmic scale.

You really don't know how sensors would work when being manipulated by a passing light vehicle, when you don't even know the physics involved. A race so advanced that could travel on light, could manipulate your little sensors to reveal to look like a cosmic ray....or what you think is a cosmic ray. There are no absolutes. Consequently, could it be a cosmic ray? Sure it could be. However, there is the chance it could be something else.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Sabreblade

Exactly right.
It helps demonstrate that it is a sensor effect rather than an actual object. The "object" would have to be at exactly the correct distance from the camera to make it appear the same size in each image. Unlikely in the extreme.

strangely yours was the only example that was exactly the same as others

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

reply to post by tsurfer2000h

No. No comets.
We know what it is. It is an image artifact caused by a very energetic cosmic ray striking the sensor.

No. No comets.
We know what it is

WE KNOW - WHO ARE YOU?

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Yup. It could be anything. ET. Space pixies. Gremlins maybe. Space warp. Maybe God did it.

It's a glitch in an electronic device. No more, no less. It happens and unfortunately people who do not know how it works are very ready and eager to insist that it just might be something, anything else. All in the name of "keeping an open mind".

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by heineken

WE KNOW - WHO ARE YOU?

You can call me Phage.
Who are you?

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

isay I KNOW not WE KNOW for myself

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Well obviously I wasn't referring to you. Since when does "we" mean everyone?
I was referring to myself, Pauligirl, the scientist she asked, and a few other ATS members.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join