It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SOHO Catches A UFO ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Perseus Apex

Jack's back.
Perhaps he wants his ]Box[ back?
Would a dual do?

I wonder how this will work out.
It's not a bird or a plane.....it's certainly not.....
JIT to save your day.....
What do you think folks?

It could be a fresco or two of cosmic consequences.

edit on 11-10-2010 by Perseus Apex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZELDAR
Totally fake, here is the link to the real picture. sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

You can also find it on the SOHO website.

looks the same except for the date and the time

it look photoshoped though

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Good question.
The first "data" is a raw thumbnail image, which gets put online. Then the larger data arrives, which is processed (as a matter of course) to clean up any of these "artefacts".

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

Compare these 2 images if you will. The second was from the op, the first from a later poster.

I'm not going to stand here and say they're UFO. All i'm gonna do is point and say LOOK ... that's wierd innit?

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Zeropoint

i also saw this today oct-11-10 sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov... @120 pm swedish time.

edit on 11-10-2010 by bumpufirst because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by bumpufirst

that's cool buddy, Im 100% sure what you've posted is a planet / star though, they are very regular. It's only capped my interest the image in question because it is a very large artefact and it has certain traits that ive never seen before that make it unique.

Somebody on this page posted two images of something that looks roughly the same, about a month apart with a vast distance in between, which makes it look like the object has been continous for a long time, just invisible? or editted out of the images. It's still got my interest peaked, along with all this other 10/10/10 sightings.
./.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZELDAR
Totally fake, here is the link to the real picture. sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

You can also find it on the SOHO website.

ZELDAR

Disinformation agent perhaps? May it was a real UFO but the tptb are attempting to cover it up?

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
could we all agree at least that this looks like its the same object but at a different angle...and please state if you EVER met a glitch, anomaly , pixel bloom (i love this one
) repeating it self days after and at a Different angle..lets focus on this point abit will ya

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/64b7b89b14c1.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

It look's like it's unquestionably the same object. It also looks like as it approaches it is increasingly well defined.

the 'wings' of the entire object look like they are massive glare from the object in the weirdest shape ive ever seen a natural artefact occuring. I think if they were removed, a comet or a 'mothership' ^^, would reside underneath, the question is, why in two distinctly different images at different time intervals and different locations does this object produce such massive glare with such a vivid outline like a bell or butterfly wings or something.
edit on 11-10-2010 by Mr Zeropoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Zeropoint

thank you for the info. one thing i noticed was the image i posted is very similar to one of mayor discussion a wile back.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Perseus Apex

Yes wiki blah blah .... what's your point?

The other wierdness about these 2 images,is that aside form appearing to be the identical "object", there are no other sighting between these 2.
If it was something, say a comet, it would appear in all the pics, one after the other, nice and neat. This just "randomly" appears.

Pixel bloom
what an odd name. Maybe they thought the word "bloom" would appeal to a more "natural" type of event than ... a dodgy pixel in a camera.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

in that note ,it could be the same image i linked as well,but the location in reference to time would be off .i am just speculating.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I'd go so far as to bet my left testicle that the object we are seeing in the two different pictures are definitely the same object, no doubt about it.

Assuming of course that this object is indeed moving and somehow controlled, is it possible to determine, by relating the two pictures where its heading?

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by witness63

Originally posted by Yissachar1
Intriguing

But no doubt Phage will debunk it any time now..

I hope it is UFO, but it will probably be something more mundane

edit on 10-10-2010 by Yissachar1 because: typo

I have no idea what hold this Phage character has on most of the posters here or why he is considered some kind of authority on every subject whose pronouncements are like the voice of God coming down from Mount Sinai.

It doesn't take much digging around for alternative information to prove that a lot of what he says is dubious at best.

In any case, I have been able to do so on a number of occasions so I don't regard him as being ten feet tall or some kind of infallible Pope of ATS.

That said, I have seen a lot of these SOHO pictures and others like them and have never really heard any kind of credible explanation for them. As far as I know, they remain unknown.

You obviously do not understand good old English dry wit when you read it..

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
i showed this to my mum and she said its the same object...i know my mum is just a housewife but she is always right..she was also right about my ex so...

seriously now..Please remember to FLAG this thread so that is gets the attention deserved...it made my day so far and I'm just so curious to see which way it will go when the ATS best debunkers kick in..until then >>>>

OMG ALIENS ARE COMING TO TOWN!!!!

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ZELDAR

the time on yours is different so that is maybe why yours looks different
2nd line

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Jerry_Teps

Ahahahahah thats hilarious. Read on. Thats a real pic. But you can see the same shaped object in other photos.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
The fact that the phenomena consists of perfect horizontal lines only indicates it is a glitch. It looks like some sort of saturation effect. There will probably be a good explanation why this only happens in horizontal directions.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Comedians...

That is some kind of graphical glitch because, what ship fires out pixels out of it's ass as exhaust fumes?

And then do some simple maths and geometry: exactly how big is that flying spoon when you do comparison to other bodies such as our Earth? See my point.

If I look hard enough everything becomes a UFO.

Not debunking, just trying to offer some perspective here.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
As quoted before on this topic, Soho team has already post their response on these matters.

I don't say it's explained all the anormaly quoted here. And there are some interesting throughs or suggestions on this thread. But we have to take into account their explanations (for example the conversion pixel anomaly) to stay open minds, in both directions...

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov - How to Make Your Own UFO

Ever since launch, there's been a number of people who've claimed to have seen flying saucers and other esoteric objects in SOHO images. Although some of these supposed pictures of UFOs can seem quite intriguing, they have always turned out to have a quite ordinary cause when examined by experienced SOHO scientists. In recent days, we've been receiving so many questions and claims that we'd like to set the record straight: We've never seen anything that even suggests that there are UFOs "out there".
In the past we've been accused of "covering up" UFO evidence when we present our explanations, and of "refusing to comment" (or "clamming up") when we give up on somebody who won't accept our explanations. While we don't expect to convince everybody, we hope that this page (and links herein) can provide some information for the curious who want to investigate the claims on their own.
Most commonly, UFO claims are due to perfectly natural flaws or artifacts in our publicly available data. Quoting from one of the replies sent by a SOHO scientist in response to a question from the public
The most common sources of UFO claims are: Planets, Cosmic rays, Software glitches, Detector defects

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov - What are those flying saucer-shaped objects in the LASCO images?

The "funny-looking spheroid" is a typical response of the SOHO LASCO coronagraph CCD detector to an object (planet or bright star) of small angular extent but so bright that it saturates the CCD camera so that "bleeding" occurs along pixel rows. There is a bright horizontal streak on either side of the image, because the charge leaks easier along the direction in which the CCD image is read out by the associated electronics.

CCD stands for charge-coupled detector, and refers to a silicon chip, usually a centimeter or two across, divided into a grid of cells, each of which acts like a small photomultiplier in that an incoming photon knocks loose one or more electrons. The electrons are "read out" by row (fast direction) and column (slow direction), the current converted to a digital signal, and each cell or picture element ("pixel") thus assigned a digital value proportional to the the number of incoming photons in that pixel (the brightness of the part of the image falling on that pixel). This is the same kind of detector as is used in a hand-held video camera, though until recently, the analog-to-digital conversion was left out in consumer devices.

If you point a video camera at a very bright source (say, the Sun), the image "blooms" or brightens all over --- there are so many electrons produced in the pixels corresponding to the bright source that they spill over into adjacent rows and column, perhaps over the entire detector. Better CCD's will "bleed" only along the fast readout direction (a single row), and perhaps a few adjacent rows.

The LASCO and EIT CCD cameras include "anti-bleed" electronics which limit the pixel bleeding around bright sources to less than the full row (and usually no adjacent rows). In the case of a marginally too-bright object, the pixel bleeding will be only a few pixels in either direction along the fast readout direction. Thus, the "flying saucer" images.

A few of the LASCO images that have appeared on the "extraterrestrial" Web sites show much larger and brighter, but still saucer-like features. These images are in fact obtained with the instrument door closed, but with an incorrectly long exposure. The big "saucers" result from massive pixel bleeding along every row of the detector containing part of the image of the "opal," or small diffusing lens, in the instrument door, that is used for obtaining calibration data.

If your correspondents still prefer to believe that the pixel-bled images of planets or bright stars are something else, ask them why the extended part of the "saucers" (i.e., the pixel bleeding) always occurs in the same direction relative to the image --- even when the spacecraft is rolled relative to its normal orientation relative to the Sun.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join