It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SOHO Catches A UFO ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Found a pic from 10 minutes later, its a Romulan invasion!! The trail was just them flushing the contents of the lavatory into space!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/63a164f0c51b.jpg[/atsimg]

On a more serious note, is it possible what was in the image was another satellite doing manoeuvres?

Might explain the trail, and the wings could always be solar panels.
edit on 11/10/10 by woogleuk because: added to

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

There is another one at 17:48 going the opposite direction as those depicted in your photos. If I had the skill I would post but I do not, so I'll have to leave it up to the experts.

sohodata.nascom.nasa.gov...

LASCO C2 10/10/2010 17:48 slide 82 of 103
edit on 11-10-2010 by ExPostFacto because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Hello folks,

I do not think this has already been mentioned but the Solar Stormwatch project has a training module on image artifacts in corona imagery. You learn how to differentiate between comets, particle strikes and other image errors. I took it months ago, it uses images from the STEREO spacecraft.

The imagery is much like this only taken from the perspective of two seperate craft. Worth a look if you are truly curious about learning how to decipher these images. Also by doing this you are asisting in flagging coronal flares. Found four solar storms myself! There is aparently just too much data for these scientists to parse through. I thought it might enrich the discussion.

solarstormwatch.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Nice find!

edit on 11-10-2010 by BlutAusNord because: 1024>512

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

tnks buddy...here we go..another one sighted
..this is getting really cool i mean..im thinking about printing some T-Shirts and sell em out XD

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/99995eec864c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZELDAR
Totally fake, here is the link to the real picture. sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

You can also find it on the SOHO website.

Your post demonstrates the common stupidity in this forum.
Do you really think NASA manipulates UFO's INTO their images and post them on their site?

What we see on the picture by the way is a comet with a tail together with an artifact in the image. These images very often contain artifacts because of the equipment they use to take these pictures are not perfect. People have many times linked to these images claiming they see fleets of battleships and whatever... People see artifacts and want them to be something more! It is really silly...

But I do believe we are being visited.

link   
Wow. That's one hell of an image processing artifact xD

Interesting how it comes back and gets captured from different angles and such and still seems to create the same "manta ray" shape. Reminds me of an old bible thumper hymn: "Oh Sweet Lord Come Sweep Me Away With Your Cosmic Dustpan Of Love"

*hums along*

link   
Looks like a 2" wood drill bit. But seriously, this is kind of interesting. I wonder if it's tied to the supposed 10-13-2010 UFO revelation that was mentioned a few weeks ago?

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
If this was a glitch, why would it create the same image each time? To me a glitch would be just random pixel shapes not the same image every time.

Very interesting find

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

I also have 10 years worth of SOHO C2 and C3 anomalies saved. This particular object is in dozens of images I've saved. It reminds me of a ghost, so I named the UFO, Ghost Ship or Casper.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
On the 11th,
Soho Pic Link

Pic ..._0536_c2_1024.jpg
It looks like the same as the 10th ...1212
But on top left

It looks more like the anomaly than the last comparison, i.e. - 17xx forgot the exact time.
Just saying...

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Gotta admit that is a very weird anomaly in the photo, but it's too sharp to be really there. All the other "real" objects, like the stars and the rays have blurry edges and a sense of depth. It's either some kind of sensor/encoding artifact, or it was placed there intentionally as some kind of marker.

I noticed most of the pictures like this that people post to claim "UFO's!" over, show the same telltale signs. Another one is that you almost always see the "saucer" perfectly perpendicular to the cameras line of site. In reality, things don't work that way.......boring, but true.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Extra terrestrials exist, UFOs are both ours and theirs. Get over it.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Wow! So the crew of the Destiny finally made it back to our galaxy!!

Thank you Dr. Rush (even though I find you a prick).

I hope Eli finally got some action on that long trip cuz back on earth he's just gonna be another geek living in his mom's basement.

And, does anyone have Chloe's number? She is H.O.T. although I kinda prefer the female LT for some reason. Not so needy, I guess.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/12f9dab90f4b.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 11/10/10 by 35Foxtrot because: add pic

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Interesting, thanks for bringing this to our attention OP, S&F,

My opinion, I repeat only my opinion.... 2 Diffirent sources showing the same artifact in the same place means it isnt an artifact or pixel creation, Its an object and its there.

I wonder, when and if the time comes, will there still be cries of sensor artifact when they are half a mile above us?

Im surprised there hasnt been a mention of Nibiru yet. I mean, 5x earth sized, looks like its winged...........

Edit to add..... Comments like " It is too sharp to realy be there" sums up how we doubt beyond doubt what are eyes are showing us. Arnt comments like that contradictory?
edit on 11-10-2010 by captiva because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Godlikeproductions and legit in the same sentence

I mean really look at the photo
To see a pic of that size from such a distance would put that thing larger than the earth

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by deathhawk
Correct me if im wrong or sound like an idiot or anything, but on the 12th isn't there supposed to be a mass appearance of UFOs? maybe this is the mother ship holding them? who knows just a thought

Sure someone has corrected by now, but it's the 13th. I was thinking the EXACT same thing! That picture is nudging me towards the believer side of that mass appearance prediction/warning.. Here's to hoping for them to show!

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
Intriguing

But no doubt Phage will debunk it any time now..

It is (pick one) 1) computer artifact; 2) Printing error; 3) Swamp Gas; 4) Weather balloon; 5) Chinese spy satellite; 6) A bug on/flaw in the camera lens; 7) Space Junk; 8) Other...

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
My opinion, I repeat only my opinion.... 2 Diffirent sources showing the same artifact in the same place means it isnt an artifact or pixel creation, Its an object and its there.

Agreed! My humble (and unqualified) opinion also. It's just so weird isn't it?
AND 2010/10/10 12:12??? (and I really do normally cringe when numerology gets mentioned, so please don't think me a 2012er or anything)
Oh, I'm loving this thread!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join