It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US State Dept Confirms: Obama “NOT” a US Citizen Prior to & in 1968; UPDATE: Important historica

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I guess I'm just not understanding why this is an issue. Why does it matter if, according to the document, Obama was born in America but lived in another country for a few years before he was 10 years old?

And my parents told the world I was a Christian when I was that age, too, so please don't make this about having "Muslim" on that paper. My mom had me baptized at a Baptist church. Guess what religion I am NOT now.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Alora

The issue is that Obama's name is blocked out and someone read the paper wrong and thought that meant he had dual citizenship but that was pointed out way too soon so now the issue is whether or not it matters if he was born here because arguing that he was or wasn't is not getting the birther movement anywhere.

Basically the issue is this thread should be in the HOAX bin and the OP should appologize for perpetrating it or at least admit they now realize what was wrong with the OP.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Yeah, I think if it truly was an issue, Billary wouldn't have allowed him to run in the first place. She was all over being the First Woman President. No way, if she knew or even thought there was a problem with his nationality, that it would have been allowed to continue. But then again, this is a conspiracy site, maybe she's in on it.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Curiousisall

Oooooh. How you explained it makes sense.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curiousisall
reply to post by Alora

The issue is that Obama's name is blocked out and someone read the paper wrong and thought that meant he had dual citizenship but that was pointed out way too soon so now the issue is whether or not it matters if he was born here because arguing that he was or wasn't is not getting the birther movement anywhere.

Basically the issue is this thread should be in the HOAX bin and the OP should appologize for perpetrating it or at least admit they now realize what was wrong with the OP.

Being born to a father who had a British passport automatically means that Obama was NOT a "natural born citizen". It does not matter whether he was born in Hawaii or in Mombasa. And it is not about this issue not getting the birther movement anywhere. Rather, none of you no-birthers want to accept REAL evidence that Obama was born in Mombasa, that's why the movement is falling back on the issue of adoption in Indonesia (Indonesia did not accept dual nationality when he went to school there, so Obama must have given up his citizenship - WHATEVER IT WAS - when he was adopted by his stepfather). This means that he had to become a naturalized citizen of America at some stage (probably after deciding to work there), so he was NOT a natural born American when he applied to become president of the USA. Geddit now?

The OP may have exaggerated the implications of this government document, but it is inaccurate to call it a hoax.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi
Being born to a father who had a British passport automatically means that Obama was NOT a "natural born citizen".

Not the topic of this thread. I am sure you can find a birther thread to make that argument in or even start a new one. Several hundred just do not seem to be enough. Go make that claim someplace where it will be on topic and get debunked there.

This is getting kind of old. Someone starts one of these threads based on some claim that turns out to be false or misunderstood and then the birthers swarm and begin just talking about anything and everything they can to confuse the issue and muddy the thread. Give up.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by arcnaver
reply to post by buddhasystem

Yeah, I think if it truly was an issue, Billary wouldn't have allowed him to run in the first place. She was all over being the First Woman President. No way, if she knew or even thought there was a problem with his nationality, that it would have been allowed to continue. But then again, this is a conspiracy site, maybe she's in on it.

That is very naive. Get real! People with skeletons in their closets (as the highly compromised Clintons are) don't disclose the skeletons of their political enemies. Of course, she knew about Obama's ineligibility! Fact is, however, she could not turn it to her advantage because the Obama camp had plenty of dirt about her that they would have aired had she been stupid enough to try to make it an issue in her election campaign.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Being born to a father who had a British passport automatically means that Obama was NOT a "natural born citizen".

Not the topic of this thread. I am sure you can find a birther thread to make that argument in or even start a new one. Several hundred just do not seem to be enough. Go make that claim someplace where it will be on topic and get debunked there.

This is getting kind of old. Someone starts one of these threads based on some claim that turns out to be false or misunderstood and then the birthers swarm and begin just talking about anything and everything they can to confuse the issue and muddy the thread. Give up.

Your comments MADE it a topic that needed a reply. And who are you to say what comments people should make? Perhaps you have not noticed - this IS a birther thread.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Your comments MADE it a topic that needed a reply. And who are you to say what comments people should make? Perhaps you have not noticed - this IS a birther thread.

I never told anyone what they can and cannot comment on and nothing I said made anything anything. My words do not have that kind of power. This is not a birther thread. This is yet another birther thread. I just want to point out that this has gotten old and can easily be seen now for what it is.

1.Start a birther thread based on practically nothing.
2.Ignore the first few attempts to debunk it.
3.Stop posting when you realize you have backed yourself into a corner or change the topic.
4.Watch all the other off topic accusations that have already been debunked on ATS a few times be repeated here so that maybe some noob will read it and believe it all over again.

Been there, done that. The topic of this birther thread has been settled. Any other argument only proves my theory correct.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Originally posted by xiphias
Did the US State Dept. confirm this, or did an independent researcher find evidence and confirm this?

Umm, the document kind of speaks for itself, doesn't it?

Wow....If only that was good enough for his COB.

Which incidentally has been confirmed.

I still have no idea what this nonsense is about. Can you elaborate beyond an unconfirmed doc in tiny print?

Edit to add: Please disreagard my question. I see that BH pointed out your confusion and debunked this document in the first page of this thread.

edit on 28-9-2010 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
Edit to add: Please disreagard my question. I see that BH pointed out your confusion and debunked this document in the first page of this thread.

Yet here we are on page 4.
These types of threads are a most interesting look into a certain type of mindset.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Oh, really? This is a new argument. Of course, I'm not surprised you need a new argument. The OP has been proven false, so the discussion swerved toward his alleged Indonesian citizenship (that has NO proof) and now that that's been shown not to matter, we're going to say Obama can't be President because his father holds a British passport???
If you stretch that any thinner, it's gonna break, dude.

Rather, none of you no-birthers want to accept REAL evidence that Obama was born in Mombasa, that's why the movement is falling back on the issue of adoption in Indonesia (Indonesia did not accept dual nationality when he went to school there, so Obama must have given up his citizenship - WHATEVER IT WAS - when he was adopted by his stepfather). This means that he had to become a naturalized citizen of America at some stage (probably after deciding to work there), so he was NOT a natural born American when he applied to become president of the USA. Geddit now?

Oh, I "geddit" all right. You make a bunch of assumptions and suppositions that have ABSOLUTELY NO PROOF WHATSOEVER let alone evidence (He musta done this and he musta done that) and then conclude that he is ineligible. TOTAL fantasy!

The OP may have exaggerated the implications of this government document, but it is inaccurate to call it a hoax.

The OP didn't even understand what he was posting when he posted it and has YET to explain how it's supposed to work, even when directly and repeatedly challenged. And he has since disappeared from this thread, even though he's been on the board MANY times... But the stars and flags keep piling up, so why should he recant? A similar thing happened in another thread of his about ... The Obama birth issue! Here. It was proven false and instead of recanting and admitting his mistake, he vanished.

I see that BH pointed out your confusion and debunked this document in the first page of this thread.

But that clearly doesn't matter. The thread stays in Breaking Political News and continues to garner stars and flags even though it's a HOAX! :shk:

No more responses from me. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him deny ignorance.

Threads like this that show up on the Top Threads make a mockery of ATS and its members, IMO

edit on 9/28/2010 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightFlight
When Obama ends his term, be it 2012 or 2016, the minute power is transferred to the next "elected" president, the democrats and other left, liberals will exclaim: WE BROKE THE US CONSTITUTION! We can now do away with or change any or all of it. They will claim it broke after 4 or 8 years, depending. They will state since no one could prove Obama was or wasn't a US citizen, and it really didn't seem to matter, the US constitution doesn't matter. All those soldiers and sailors who have DIED to protect and uphold the constitution didn't matter. The police won't have to follow the constitution any more because it doesn't matter. They can now stop you in your car or come in to your house at any time and arrest, beat or kill you because it doesn't matter. Your right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness matters no longer.
Does it matter now?

You can't imagine my surprise when I read this.

All this time I thought it was a Republican president that called the Constitution a "G** D**" piece of paper!!

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Yet here we are on page 4.
These types of threads are a most interesting look into a certain type of mindset.

If you think that is interesting...wait until it hits 40 pages in a day or two

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I see that BH pointed out your confusion and debunked this document in the first page of this thread.

But that clearly doesn't matter. The thread stays in Breaking Political News and continues to garner stars and flags even though it's a HOAX! :shk:

No more responses from me. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him deny ignorance.

Threads like this that show up on the Top Threads make a mockery of ATS and its members, IMO

edit on 9/28/2010 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

BH...You could write a book about birther hoaxes and false logic.

We have both seen the same arguments "Deny Logic" over and and over and over again. I actually just search my old prior posts when replying now. There is nothing new anymore.

That guy you just replied to? Obama's not a Natural Born Citizen because his father had dual citizenship? 8 or 9 other presidents had parents that had dual citizenship...I am so tired of reposting over and over..I don't even want to do the work and list them for someone that doesn't care.

You can lead a horse to water...but honestly this horse is diseased and rabid and doesn't even recognize water.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Being born to a father who had a British passport automatically means that Obama was NOT a "natural born citizen". It does not matter whether he was born in Hawaii or in Mombasa.

Okay..I can't help myself...Ignorance screaming to be debunked.

First off I think you meant to speak of Barack Obama SR's place of birth? Not a british passport? Otherwise everyone with a passport right now in the USA...your kids are not natural born citizens.

On his fathers citizenship....

...if we needed both parents to be American born...then not only were Washington and Adams illegal presidents...so were these guys, just to name a few...

Andrew Jackson (1829-1837) is the only president born of two immigrants, both Irish.
Thomas Jefferson (1801-1809), whose mother was born in England,
James Buchanan (1857-1861) and
Chester Arthur (1881-1885), both of whom had Irish fathers,
Woodrow Wilson (1913-1921) and
Herbert Hoover (1929-1933), whose mothers were born respectively in England and Canada.

Please...PLEASE...just stop with the ignorance.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Being born to a father who had a British passport automatically means that Obama was NOT a "natural born citizen". It does not matter whether he was born in Hawaii or in Mombasa. * * *."

If he was born in the United States then he is a U.S. Citizen by birth. Run a google search on "U.S. Citizen by birth".

If he was born outside the U.S. to U.S. Citizen parents then he is still a U.S. citizen.

For a synopsis see the article at this link: www.nolo.com...

That said, I am beginning to agree that Obama should put all the cards on the table so that this "issue" can be finally closed.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I have had 8 or 10 mortgages over the past 30 years. For the very first time this year, the bank I applied to required me to bring in our original social security cards !!! We never had to do this before.
If we're being asked to do this to get a mortgage, then for heaven's sake, Obama needs to show his birth certificate to be president! The newspaper announcements of his birth were undoubtedly placed by his grandmother. Obama needs to come clean.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Mookite

I never saw your SS card.
You must be lying.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Curiousisall

You beat me to it...

The general population think that they get to be the officiating body that determines a president's eligibility. He's president, it's been done, and no you can't see the proof.

People complain that Obama is like Hitler, but I see a lot of people asking for his papers, just like the Nazis did in WWII.(See how that all gets turned around so easily?)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join