It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eating Animals is Making us Sick

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rawhemp

Originally posted by Doc Tesla

John robbins from the MOMBU forum (which is btw ridiculous to cite a forum as proof) he speaks about how bad factory farming is not necessarily how bad meat is.

So my source which cites references from medical journals and scientific studies is ridiculous, ok... The other sources are negligible because this one proves them all and it has all the sources to back up every piece of information in the article

yea and i told you what your 2 sources do in the time they arent writing vegan propaganda. one of them was an ice cream man and the other one thinks jesus was a vegan too.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by yadda333

Seriously, I know people who started craving raw meat and bone marrow as a result of going veg.

Guys we have to eat meat because yadda knows people who started craving raw meat, he knows them! Theirs your prove guys

You are correct. I have proof that people have negative reactions when excluding meat from their diet.

Oh, but you were trying to be sarcastic and witty! I've witnessed better attempts!

There is also proof from the archeaological record that humans are meat eaters, period. How are you going to argue against this?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

are you monitored by a doctor on a monthly basis? because it sounds to me, depending on how long you have been starving yourself, you would be pale and sickly looking. vegan diets are quite literally starving your body. Fast food is not realty meat but an occasional home made burger can do wonders for the body.

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO PROOF THAT YOU CAN GET ALL THE VITAMINS YOU GET IN MEAT FROM FRUIT AND VEGGIES.

Find me that proof and i will convert to vegetarianism. unbiased proof that is.

I'm not starving, I'm not sickly, I road bike 20-30 miles on hilly terrain on a daily basis, I have almost no body fat, I look bettter then i ever have in my life, my muscles are bigger then they've ever been and i feel the best i've ever been. You wanna see the prove?

Go to a site like fitday and tally it up with an all fruit/veg diet averaging 3-4k cals, i actively mapped out my diet and i can tell you i get all my vitamins and minerals usually 5-10 times of the recommended rda.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by Rawhemp]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Rawhemp

You can certainly make a case against what has been done to our meat supply. I doubt the elites are eating factory farm beef. Not all of our elites are encouraging people to consume soy but there has defintitly been a propaganda campaign waged by groups like peta to make all meat eaters look like gluttonous pigs. Groups like peta recieve their funding from elites.

The elites are of two minds on the factory meats. They would love for the masses to become weak on all soy diets ,but mass produced meat helps them in some way.They will not out law meat yet because key nutrients are derived from cows, pigs, chickens, sheep, and lambs which when taken in mass quantities increase longevety. They do not eat meat from factory farms ,but I have feeling they depend on some of the by products of factory farmed meat. If they ever figure out how to grow what they need in petrie dishes meat will be outlawed.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by eradown]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

You are correct. I have proof that people have negative reactions when excluding meat from their diet.

If you have prove you should be able to show us?

Originally posted by yadda333There is also proof from the archeaological record that humans are meat eaters, period. How are you going to argue against this?

Theirs even more prove supporting that humans are fruigivores, how are you going to argue against that???

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
/yzkycjt

The best athletes in ancient Rome were vegetarian!

The figure of gladiators recalls the ideas of strength, hard training, endurance, and deadly efficiency: a perfect fighting machine. Historically, a gladiator was a sort of sport hero, and gladiator's medicine probably one of the first forms of organised sports medicine. Statues and paintings of the ancient roman period tell us of this astonishing world of fighters.

There are traces of famous gladiators all over the known world at Roman times, resembling our Mohammad Ali or Mike Tyson. Most of them grew up in fighting schools, the most famous in Capua, near Naples in Italy: Spartacus, the rebel gladiator who inflicted a severe defeat to Roman army, came from there. Gladiators had to endure long session of training to fight in the arena.

Considering the modern diets of strength athletes, we should expect that gladiators had a high protein diet. However, analysis of their bones has put forward the hypothesis that gladiators were vegetarian athletes: in his accounts of Rome, the ancient historian Plinius refers to gladiators as "hordearii" (barley-eaters) (Eichholz et al., 1938).

[edit on 29-10-2009 by Rawhemp]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
2 words: amino acids.

You can not get all the amino acids from eating only veggies simply because they do not have them.

meat also has high phosphorus content allowing the vitamins to be more easily absorbed by the body another thing that veggies lack.

source : Dr. John Beradi, Ph.D

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Rawhemp

thats not gonna last long. i think you have started this thing within the last year or so. by your 40s you will start literally disintegrating as your body will start sucking the needed nutrients from your bones and muscle. It is not a healthy lifestyle.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Rawhemp

The proof that we are omnivores is obvious. There is no requirement for providing proof because you see people eating this way everyday.

link   
double post

[edit on 10/29/2009 by yadda333]

link   

2 words: amino acids.

You can not get all the amino acids from eating only veggies simply because they do not have them.

O rly???????

www.nutritiondata.com...

www.nutritiondata.com...

www.nutritiondata.com...

www.nutritiondata.com...

www.nutritiondata.com...

www.nutritiondata.com...

6 random fruits, they all contain every single essential amino acid.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

/yzkycjt

and that was probably the reason they didn't make it past their 30s. besides the fact that i am highly skeptical of your sources after seeing the things you called sources on the previous pages.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

reply to post by Rawhemp

The proof that we are omnivores is obvious. There is no requirement for providing proof because you see people eating this way everyday.

Cows are meant to eat grains because we feed it to them and they somehow live. Dogs are carnivores but somehow they live off dog food that is 80% grains...

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

just because these are the only ones confirmed by the FDA doesn't mean that hundreds of other exist that haven't been fully tested yet. Something that john beridi and others have mentioned.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Dogs are carnivores but somehow they live off dog food that is 80% grains...

a dog on dog food lives no more then 12 years. my neighbor has a dog that is 18 now. his diet consisted raw meat plus whatever he scavenged in the forest.

the dog is a Labrador and can still out run most young dogs.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

/yzkycjt

and that was probably the reason they didn't make it past their 30s. besides the fact that i am highly skeptical of your sources after seeing the things you called sources on the previous pages.

Whether you disagree with what the author has said before doesn't change the validity of any of my sources, they all cite medical journals and scientific fact. You on the other hand post stuff that is absolutely outrageous and easily dis proven by one visit to a well known website. Still think fruits don't contain all amino acids necessary?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

just because these are the only ones confirmed by the FDA doesn't mean that hundreds of other exist that haven't been fully tested yet. Something that john beridi and others have mentioned.

What does this even mean? Look up any fruit, they all contain every single essential amino acid, every last one of them...

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Still think fruits don't contain all amino acids necessary?

absolutely. amino acids are building block of protein. Veg protein is very different from meat protein any chemist will tell you that.

therefore the building blocks are different. and you can not get most from vegetables

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

reply to post by Rawhemp

Cows are meant to eat grains because we feed it to them and they somehow live. Dogs are carnivores but somehow they live off dog food that is 80% grains...

Then you concede that humans are meant to eat meat, yet can survive on veggie only diets.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Dogs are carnivores but somehow they live off dog food that is 80% grains...

a dog on dog food lives no more then 12 years. my neighbor has a dog that is 18 now. his diet consisted raw meat plus whatever he scavenged in the forest.

the dog is a Labrador and can still out run most young dogs.

The average life span of humans is decreasing, while our consumption of meat has been increasing. you just proved my point

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join