It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eating Animals is Making us Sick

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I believe that eating animals thats from farms that isnt organic is bad for you. There is hormones and chemicals they feed those animals that make them bigger. There is a guy named Kevin Trudeau hoever ya spell his name. He wrote a book about secrets they dont want you to know about. And he said they fed pigs all kinds of junk and animals hormones. He said that little girls that eat the food would get breast and hit puberty alot sooner. He makes some good points about food additives and how it makes you eat more and more.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Tesla

Originally posted by Rawhemp

That's from 2007... Try something a little more recent

www.hsph.harvard.edu...

my article is from 2009. yours is from 2008. FAIL

Americans are living nearly two-and-a-half months longer, according to new life expectancy statistics released today. In 2007, life expectancy in the United States reached a high of nearly 78 years, up from 77.7 a year earlier.

Besides doesn't matter when this study was released if you read the one i linked you would see why it means nothing.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rawhemp

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Alan Watts mused that we all have to kill to live on this planet... but we it's how that is integrated into our lives which determines the effects on us all.

This is false, meat is not needed in any way shape or form.

What is false? That we have to kill to live? Alan Watts never said we had to kill meat... just that we had to kill.

Please read next time.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Alan Watts never said we had to kill meat... just that we had to kill.

Yes, it sure seems like that is the case. This leaves me wondering though, who or what would create such a blood thirsty species, one designed so that it feels compelled to commit murder in order to survive? Their creator must be a horrible hideous monster!
Say, ya know, raising humons for the hungry reptilians in large dense cities here on Earth is a lot like factory farming in itself too, don't ya know.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
reply to post by Tallsorts

And potheads would have you believe it could cure cancer and bring back the dead if they thought it would make it legal....

In England where I live, Hemp Oil is legal, drug free, non toxic and full of vital amino acids, and I use it every day.

It's got nothing to do with potheads at all and the variety of hemp which does not include the drug is also grown here legally, and has many commercial uses.

Evil to him who evil thinks.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tallsorts

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
reply to post by Tallsorts

And potheads would have you believe it could cure cancer and bring back the dead if they thought it would make it legal....

In England where I live, Hemp Oil is legal, drug free, non toxic and full of vital amino acids, and I use it every day.

It's got nothing to do with potheads at all and the variety of hemp which does not include the drug is also grown here legally, and has many commercial uses.

Evil to him who evil thinks.

Uhm... actually.... it does cure brain cancer...

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

ummmm....the following is the last sentence in the article you provided:

But this suggests that the promise of THC might be a little over-hoped, and certainly requires further investigation before telling people to go out and [partake]."

Please, at least read your own links before posting.

Also, considering that the research was conducted with mice(genetically engineered mice, mind you) being the subjects, it's quite a jump to say it "does cure brain cancer."

At the most, it has an anti-cancer effect. Nothing new.

-Dev

[edit on 30-10-2009 by DevolutionEvolvd]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
i guess the bottom line is that people do not need meat, they want it.
its a personal choice, one i decided to give up years ago.
oh, and it is killing you.
eat meat if u want, i cant stop you.
i wont have to, it will stop you all on its own.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Daniel 1

8 But Daniel was determined not to defile himself by eating the food and wine given to them by the king. He asked the chief of staff for permission not to eat these unacceptable foods. 9 Now God had given the chief of staff both respect and affection for Daniel. 10 But he responded, “I am afraid of my lord the king, who has ordered that you eat this food and wine. If you become pale and thin compared to the other youths your age, I am afraid the king will have me beheaded.” 11 Daniel spoke with the attendant who had been appointed by the chief of staff to look after Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah. 12 “Please test us for ten days on a diet of vegetables and water,” Daniel said. 13 “At the end of the ten days, see how we look compared to the other young men who are eating the king’s food. Then make your decision in light of what you see.” 14 The attendant agreed to Daniel’s suggestion and tested them for ten days. 15 At the end of the ten days, Daniel and his three friends looked healthier and better nourished than the young men who had been eating the food assigned by the king. 16 So after that, the attendant fed them only vegetables instead of the food and wine provided for the others.

There you have it everyone! For all Christians, if you believe in the Bible there is your final answer. It is ok to eat meat, the Bible does not condemn meat, but I will follow the Bible's advice if I were you.

For everybody else and Christians, I can assure you there are hundreds of papers on this subject. Go and read them and decide for yourself

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
isnt that the same book taht says everyone on earth are direct descendants of 2 people through incestous means propgated a 6 thousand year old planet earth taht has artifacts carbon dated to 4 million -6 million years, taht was never inhabited from all teh donsaur bones weve found, and 1 very special half human/half god person was a zombie that rose from a grave after being dead for 3 days?

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Saidar

This is ridiculous. Ten days is hardly enough time for significant changes to occur. Researchers would be waisting their time if they conducted a 10 day study.

And please, I seriously doubt you've read 1 whole paper on the subject. I've heard the same argument about how meat, through it's fat content, is unhealthy, "There's hundreds and thousands of studies showing fat to cause heart disease and make us fat."

Unfortunately, there are only about 7 that truly suggest that fat, including saturated fat, is remotely unhealthy, and countless others that suggest the opposite. I've read or read about all of the most significant studies in that field, with exception to the most recent ones.

So, let's deny ignorance here instead of spreading it.

-Dev

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I have a mostly veggie diet.

In the past, I had a mostly meaty diet.

I prefer mostly veggie diet.

It feels healthier to me - but only to me - not saying it would feel that good for everyone.

But still, I'm less sluggish when I don't eat meat.

xstill miss it though lol

[edit on 31/10/2009 by budski]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd
reply to post by Saidar

This is ridiculous. Ten days is hardly enough time for significant changes to occur. Researchers would be waisting their time if they conducted a 10 day study.

And please, I seriously doubt you've read 1 whole paper on the subject. I've heard the same argument about how meat, through it's fat content, is unhealthy, "There's hundreds and thousands of studies showing fat to cause heart disease and make us fat."

Unfortunately, there are only about 7 that truly suggest that fat, including saturated fat, is remotely unhealthy, and countless others that suggest the opposite. I've read or read about all of the most significant studies in that field, with exception to the most recent ones.

-Dev

uhhh what?>
forget fora second its a cheesburger or a wing, YOUR EATING CORPSES.
how come that doesnt register as a problem for you?

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
We're already sick!
Why eat animals and bring them into this/us?

Happy Halloween!

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
What makes these foods dangerous is the way they are processed before the consumers get these products, there needs to be more regulatory control on how these foods are prepared for the market to be allowed to sell.
China is one of the biggest in undermining the process for safe foods as is other countries that have no regulated laws on how these foods are processed before the markets, others include Hongkong, Vietnam and Thailand.

here are some shocking pics to wake up people to these practices,

Early dawn, starts the day by riding around to collect dead chickens.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f4573e592d4a.jpg[/atsimg]

Asking around for dead chickens.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c5b95f06adba.jpg[/atsimg]

Total of 5 riders are hired by the boss to ride around farms to buy dead chickens.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bea783b4b3fc.jpg[/atsimg]

A dead chicken cost 1RMB and would be sold at 9RMB after processing.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/386763b33af9.jpg[/atsimg]

Storage for dead chickens in the courtyard, chickens are thrown everywhere.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a2769d4bda08.jpg[/atsimg]

And on the floor...., 4 employees start defeathering the dead fowl after soaking in boiling water from a rusty wok.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cbaf5d5ffb3e.jpg[/atsimg]

Enduring the pungent odor, but sometimes, it gets so terrible that even the most experienced of the workers would puke. Workers rushing to get the chickens defeathered.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7cb29098269b.jpg[/atsimg]

A discarded bathtub being used to soak the bare skin dead chickens.... the contaminated water would have accelerated the decomposition process. Wearing slippers walking among the chickens before the coloring process.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c44ac3a9cddc.jpg[/atsimg]

After the color dye, it's creepy to find that they are quite tenderized.
And now presenting the mouth watering charcoal roasted chicken.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/797cf4198bee.jpg[/atsimg]

This certainly makes one take notice that not all food is as good as it seems, especially the way they are processed.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Eating Animals is Making us Sick

www.cnn.com

We need a better way to talk about eating animals, a way that doesn't ignore or even just shruggingly accept things like habits, cravings, family and history but rather incorporates them into the conversation. The more they are allowed in, the more able we will be to follow our best instincts. And although there are many respectable ways to think about meat, there is not a person on Earth whose best instincts would lead him or her to factory farming.
(visit the link for the full news article)

If eating animals makes us sick does eating vegetables make us strong?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
come on! this is rubbish! we eat what we want.
If you choke down sticks and twigs for some dogma that's your problem.
What a bunch of crap.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd
reply to post by Saidar

-Dev

The problem with vegetarians is that they don't have a clue on what to eat and what not to eat. A veggie diet is supposed to consist of VARIOUS plants and seeds, not just a few noodles here and a carrot there.

Wikipedia

Protein intake in vegetarian diets is only slightly lower than in meat diets and can meet daily requirements for any person, including athletes and bodybuilders.[45] Studies at Harvard University as well as other studies conducted in the United States, Great Britain, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and various European countries, have confirmed that vegetarian diets provide sufficient protein intake as long as a variety of plant sources are available and consumed.[46] Proteins are composed of amino acids, and a common concern with protein acquired from vegetable sources is an adequate intake of the essential amino acids, which cannot be synthesised by the human body. While dairy and egg products provide complete sources for lacto-ovo vegetarians, the only vegetable sources with significant amounts of all eight types of essential amino acids are lupin, soy, hempseed, chia seed, amaranth, buckwheat, and quinoa. It is not necessary, however, to obtain protein from these sources—the essential amino acids can also be obtained by eating a variety of complementary plant sources that, in combination, provide all eight essential amino acids (e.g. brown rice and beans, or hummus and whole wheat pita, though protein combining in the same meal is not necessary). A varied intake of such sources can be adequate, a 1994 study found.[47] Some years later, it became clear that even "combining proteins" is not necessary. As reported by Dr. Weil in 2000 in his print newsletter, and as reiterated in a 2002 post on his website, and again in the 2005 update:

Wikipedia is not always a good source, so take that in with skepticism.

And now, the most nutritious food on the planet:

www.liferesearchuniversal.com...

www.liveawesome.com...

Almost every seed has more protein per weight compared to meat.

So you say it is ridiculous, 10 days is too short? Well that is what you call ignorance, how on earth would YOU know that? Have you ever done or seen any study of that kind?

I saw a documentary a while ago on Discovery Channel, they put humans with health problems on a gorilla diet FOR A WEEK (vegetarian, eating numerous fruits and vegetables). After the week, all of their cholesterol, high blood pressure and other chronic illnesses were GONE. A WEEK! I'm sure it will air again some time, so be sure to check it out.

Oh yes and I have studied this in the past a lot, and I'm a living proof that it works. I practice three types of martial arts each day, on a vegan diet, and I'm fitter and stronger compared to my friend meat eaters.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saidar

Wikipedia is not always a good source, so take that in with skepticism.

Unlike you, I don't use Wikipedia and/or anecdotal evidence to support my claims.

Almost every seed has more protein per weight compared to meat.

And? I have nothing against nuts and seeds.......at all.

So you say it is ridiculous, 10 days is too short? Well that is what you call ignorance, how on earth would YOU know that? Have you ever done or seen any study of that kind?

LOL. No, I sure as hell haven't. Why? Because they're SH!T. They have no place in nutritional science research. I'm not the only person that believes this. Ask any other professional and they'll tell you the same. 10 days?........go write a blog or tell your mom about 10 days, don't expect ONE researcher to believe a single word. Unless, of course, it's a physician's case study. And even then...it's still anecdotal.

I saw a documentary a while ago on Discovery Channel

I saw a documentary on discovery channel about Global Warming....whoopdie doooo. Last I checked, the discovery channel doesn't conduct ACTUAL research.

they put humans with health problems on a gorilla diet FOR A WEEK (vegetarian, eating numerous fruits and vegetables). After the week, all of their cholesterol, high blood pressure and other chronic illnesses were GONE. A WEEK!

That's great. How do you know that the improvements came from the reduction in meat and not from the reduction in processed carboyhydrates. And I seriously doubt, though I haven't seen the program, that the subjects were cured on ALL CHRONIC ILLNESSES in one week. That IS ridiculous.

Oh yes and I have studied this in the past a lot, and I'm a living proof that it works.

Good. I'm glad it worked for you; however, your anecdotal evidence is HARDLY proof of anything. And your studies? Please, provide them.

I practice three types of martial arts each day, on a vegan diet, and I'm fitter and stronger compared to my friend meat eaters.

For all I know, your meat eating friends are obese and sedentary. So that doesn't really PROVE anything.

Nice try, though. I would love for you to bring something to the table worth debating.

-Dev

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Thank you, Budski, for an honest, genuine reply of how YOU feel on YOUR diet. I wish you the best.

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join