It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End of White America

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by orkson

I don't take offence don't worry

I will however stick by my opinion that a display of racism is a display of stupidity... we must agree to disagree on this one.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by and14263
reply to post by MolochMarduk

Forgive me for stating the obvious but...
America isn't black or white, nowhere is black or white. There are some individuals who visibly display their stupidity by being racist but these people will get nowhere and only end up causing others strife.
All the hype about stuff like this and Obama being the first black president only serves to make racism worse. I could have used 'exacerbate' there.
The level of racism would soon decrease if the media left it alone. Most of us are strong enough to stop racism on a day to day basis without having endless campaigns reminding us to do it.
Hmm, perhaps this post is completely hypocritical?

You're got red on you.

Worse then hypocritical it is downright untrue.

America is a country. A country that was here long before white people ever arrived.

People have been coming to America since it was first formed and while the race, creed and culture may vary from place to place and time to time America will always be the home of many races of people.

Now if he is talking about what the people that are in positions of power or hold positions in our government will look like, well, that will be decided by factors other than what they look like; as it should be.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by orkson

no it isn't for only non-whites...

it's for everyone..

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
i agree that it's racist, not to mention the kind of thinking that is divisive and highly indicative of all that is wrong with this country. for there to be and end to it it would have had to exist. it didn't except in the minds of those to whom it mattered...the racists on all sides.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jadette

I thought America was about Ideals. Freedom. Democracy. Pioneers. Opportunities. Give us your hungry, your tired, your poor - etc.

The Melting pot. Our culture is ALL cultures. A progression of culture.

The Ideals- Freedom, Democracy, Pioneers, Opportunity- WERE ESTABLISHED BY WHITE AMERICANS! For White Americans!
Jefferson, Hancock, Washington, Adams...
NOT Steinberg, Al-Jabbar, Wing Wong or Mbakabigabuggo!

Progression of culture is not the combination of all cultures; That promotes a compromise of all cultures, and in the end, the destruction of all cultures. Its called the Melting Pot for a reason as in we are all going to get burned, and the lighter one's complection, the sooner one will burn, and that means Whites; The Founding Fathers.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by Lonewolf_NS]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Wow! I'm amazed how more and more racist topics are springing up on ATS.
Must be the sign o' the times.

I have absolutely no problem if America or the rest of the world, for that matter, become a blend of races and cultures.
I have always imagined that it is bound to happen, although not in our lifetime, thanks to globalization and who knows, maybe in several decades (if not more) the concept of borders will be a topic in history books.

It is not the end of white America, it is the continuation of the evolution of the world and its peoples.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Am I missing something here?

How does a paper about white people stuggling to find their new identity in a multicultural world equal racism?

I have to wonder how many of you actually read the article posted by OP.

Newsflash: The OP didn't post about Obama and the election, so if you want to discuss that then maybe you should take it elsewhere. This thread is about the paper published by Hua Hsu.

Can we please get on topic.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by haika
I have absolutely no problem if America or the rest of the world, for that matter, become a blend of races and cultures.

It is not the end of white America, it is the continuation of the evolution of the world and its peoples.

These arent racist topics, they are racial-ist. Discussing race doesnt make someone racist- Unless your White. The double standard that exists in society is going to end up eliminating the Whites of the face of the earth. It is a matter of opinion as to whether this is good or bad or neither, but, Im guessing you are very Liberal-minded, so I have a question for you to consider.......

How does not the blending of all races constitute genocide?
I dont mean the genocide of just Whites or just Blacks but of ALL races.
The means may be different from what we think 'genocide' is, but the 'blending' of every race into one in my opinion is a form of soft-genocide.
The accomplishments and contributions of every race to the progression, or hinderance of the Human race as a whole comes from the diversity of all the different people, all with different world outlooks, customs and beliefs.
The more we are 'blended' and become the same, the less this variety of contribution will be. Not to mention Utopian Ideals never work and there will always be those who will resist inter-racial procreation, and the 'Pure' races will become minorities, and most likely persecuted, enslaved, ethincally cleansed or whatever, so the idea of a greater future for Mankind if we all let ourselves burn in the Melting pot is absurd.

On a lighter note, heres a quote I remember from elementary school......
'If we were all the same, how boring that would be'

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
The problem is not the blacks, it's the mexicans. They come here to work and send their wages back to mexico!!. Most of them actually hate america.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by tac109
I was just wondering who elected Obama? I think it was white people.... I could be wrong though.

Wrong! it was stupid white people!

That man is going to get us all in a fine mess.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I hold my head in my hands.

Some people seem to think that the very mention of a single race equals racism.

It does not.

I am white, English. I have struggled to find a new place in this world. That does not mean that other races have been discriminating against me. It means that I have been looking for a way to distance myself from the actions of my ancestors.

I am not the same as they. My goals are not of world domination and conquest. I desire peace and understanding.

I do not believe that other people desire dominion over me.

We need to let go of "race" and understand that we are all HUMAN.

Our superficial differences mean nothing.

We need to stop dragging out the "race" card.

When I helped my neighbour up the stairs with a child carrier a few days ago I saw nothing of where she was born, only that she was in need of help. I carried the pram 3 stories only thinking that she was unable to do this on her own. More people need to see life this way.

She did not ask for help because of her race, and I did not offer it because of such. I offered help to a fellow human who was in need.

She thanked me as a human who had helped her.

Why does race have to be brought into every thing?

Why do our differences have to be highlighted, instead of saying that one human helped another?

We are all the same. We all need help sometimes. Why do we try to seperate what we do from what we are?

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
This thread is pointless and doesn't have any basis in reality

In approximates there are in North America

Maybe 40-50 Million African Americans

out of about 450 Million People total, so the upswing in numbers would have to be extraordinary to even begin to catch up

If you wish to add Mexicans as a threat by race, your forgetting that Mecians are half European to begin with.

When you factor in Both Black and Mexican Male attraction to White women and White Male attraction to Hispanic women (not saying it doesn't go in every direction, just that these are the common attractions by race and gender)

You will end up with a browner America

But nothing remotely close to a Black America

and by and large over time a much whiter Hispanic population

White people could Loose the majority as a "pure" Racial type, But won't be going away and will remain through the next century the largest single ethnic group even if not a clear majority

additionally I would add,

Competition creates action

as numbers slip, you can be quite sure, a portion of White people (some already have) will begin to up the numbers of children they have...

This is a MORONIC PHASE, the whole depopulation trend in Western Civ, from the economy, to social security to simply the desire to not end up alone like their parents, this trend, like all others will subside

To be honest, I noticed these trends long ago and decided it was stupid to worry about money over children, that being a minority in old age would suck

I'm on child 3 and ready for a couple more

I'm white and will increase my number by 2-3 times in my lifetime

If white people start to become a minority they will begin to act like a minority and reproduce for safety and security

There is Zero threat of White People vanishing lol

In fact

I'd be more concerned about the backlash and over population as a result.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Imagine for a moment this scenario...whites oppressed and laws biased against them, denigrated, reviled, despised and discriminated against.

I'm already living that now in my own Country, but you won't hear me whinge or blame someone else for my lot in life...I get on with it and make the best of life I can without coming up with excuses.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by AngelInterceptor

Hi, Angel.
I loved what you said in your post.
But ... How can I explain to you what is my feeling ?
Let's try :
- In a society, when no more riches are left, everybody is poor.
Does this make sens ?
Other try ;
- the very same people who want to preserve the biological diversity, dream of a ONE RACE mankind.
Other try :
- The weak neads the strong. The strong neads the intelligent ... and the intelligent needs God.
See what I mean ?
Be proud of one's race has nothing to do with hate.
What causes problem is that a lot of persons have a complex of inferiority, when others have a complex of superiority.
But it's a very, very bad thing to think that if everybody were EQUAL, all problems would be solved.

Men are NOT equal. This fact shouldn't be a problem. But it is, because those who are less gifted are much more than those who are more gifted, and because we think that quantity is better than quality.

Trust me : kindness towards one's next, is in my opinion, a noble behaviour.

St Martin ( a noble man who became a monk ), in the middle of a hard winter, cutting his own mantel by two pieces in order to cover the back of a poor man is for me the symbol of such a behaviour : being kind at one's own peril.

A noble man thinks he has a lot to GIVE.
Little men think they have a lot to TAKE.

See my point ?

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lonewolf_NS

Originally posted by Jadette

I thought America was about Ideals. Freedom. Democracy. Pioneers. Opportunities. Give us your hungry, your tired, your poor - etc.

The Melting pot. Our culture is ALL cultures. A progression of culture.

The Ideals- Freedom, Democracy, Pioneers, Opportunity- WERE ESTABLISHED BY WHITE AMERICANS! For White Americans!
Jefferson, Hancock, Washington, Adams...
NOT Steinberg, Al-Jabbar, Wing Wong or Mbakabigabuggo!

Progression of culture is not the combination of all cultures; That promotes a compromise of all cultures, and in the end, the destruction of all cultures. Its called the Melting Pot for a reason as in we are all going to get burned, and the lighter one's complection, the sooner one will burn, and that means Whites; The Founding Fathers.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by Lonewolf_NS]

Holy Mother of God.

I'm speechless. And maybe that's a good thing.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by orkson

No I do not understand what you have said.

I am not in favour of "one race". I am in favour of ALL RACES having an equal place.

My neighbour I helped up the stairs was a Muslim, but she was unable to both carry her child and carry the pram. (Nothing to do with her race and everything to do with the local council deeming it unneccessary for lifts to be installed in our building.) The reason I helped her was because I would help anyone in that situation. From my French neighbours, to my African neighbours, to my Muslim neighbours, I would help them.

If I can offer help then I will.

Everybody in my area is poor. My family is working class along with the many others who are not of my "race" and who live in this area.

The "weak" are not here, they are in the city nearby and I offer help to them also as much as I can. With food for the homeless and blankets during winter.

Your ideas, my good sir, are outdated and irrelevant.

I am proud of my heritage, but that does not mean I have to be intollerant and blind to the suffering of those who do not share it.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AngelInterceptor

Your ideas, my good sir, are outdated and irrelevant.

I won't feel prejudiced ...

Often, the one who "makes good" and is proud of it, doesn't realize that he is making evil. I'll give you an example :

The charity buiseness who GIVES food to those who starve in some African countries has two EVIL results :
- 1) They are DESTROYING the local agriculture : the farmers cannot compete with FREE food.
- 2) The health of those people is declining, because what is offered to them is NOT what they used to eat. We think giving them milk, for example, is a good thing. This is KILLING them because they can't assimilate it.

So ANY "good" action.
When it is accomplished one time, or seldom, because life is threatened, or the vital need is blatant, or the human decensy needs it, the "good" is really "good".

But as soon as this is an established system, as soon as goodness becomes a buiseness as well as poorness or needness, you're triggering evil side effects.

So, be kind SPARCELY.
Want to be REALLY kind ?

- Teach fishing, in place of giving fishes !

And ... by the way, try humility, in place of proudness.
There's nothing more biased than beeing proud of beeing a "good" man.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lonewolf_NS

Originally posted by haika

These arent racist topics, they are racial-ist. Discussing race doesnt make someone racist- Unless your White. The double standard that exists in society is going to end up eliminating the Whites of the face of the earth. It is a matter of opinion as to whether this is good or bad or neither, but, Im guessing you are very Liberal-minded, so I have a question for you to consider.......

How does not the blending of all races constitute genocide?
I dont mean the genocide of just Whites or just Blacks but of ALL races.
The means may be different from what we think 'genocide' is, but the 'blending' of every race into one in my opinion is a form of soft-genocide.
The accomplishments and contributions of every race to the progression, or hinderance of the Human race as a whole comes from the diversity of all the different people, all with different world outlooks, customs and beliefs.
The more we are 'blended' and become the same, the less this variety of contribution will be. Not to mention Utopian Ideals never work and there will always be those who will resist inter-racial procreation, and the 'Pure' races will become minorities, and most likely persecuted, enslaved, ethincally cleansed or whatever, so the idea of a greater future for Mankind if we all let ourselves burn in the Melting pot is absurd.

On a lighter note, heres a quote I remember from elementary school......
'If we were all the same, how boring that would be'

We have a bit of a sticky wicket here don't we?

If you believe the bible then we all started from just Adam and Eve, then God destroyed everybody and everything so that left us all coming from Noah or one of his offspring. From there we ended up splitting into all these different races that grace our planet.

So I guess you are saying that we are going to blend together and end up as one again.

No fear then because it that is the case we will end up being splitting back into the individual separate races again; with time.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
You shouldn't feel prejudiced. I am sorry if you do, that was not my intention.

I think you read into my previous post something that wasn't there. I may give food and blankets to the homeless - in essence giving fishes instead of teaching fishing - but a lot of people seem to think that giving fishes is always a bad thing.

If you will allow me the analogy.

There is a very well known campaign here.

Give a man a fish and he can feed his family for a day. Teach a man to fish and he can feed his family and community for a lifetime.

And while that may be true, it serves no purpose to teach people how to fish if they all starve before they learn how to actually do it.

Sometimes giving fishes is a good thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join