It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Graffiti girl jailed for first offence

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by deadline527

Give the Judge a medal I say. He must have had reason for doing it anyhow. How can you be sure that this is the first time she set a foot out of place? I wouldn't be at all suprised if she's been caught before and just slapped on the wrist, or just been getting away with it previously. Graffiti carries a maximum penalty of 5 years and 7 years if offensive so she really got off lightly.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I was able to pull up the minutes on this court case and aparently she used LEAD based paint! That's right folks! aparently she swiped the LEAD paint in question from her grandfather's old tool shed. It was that pre 1970's stuff, extremely toxic to small children, pets, and the elderly. The hazmat crew was called out and the cafe lost tons of revenue; not to mention the owners pet cockatiel (Samson) which died later due to exposure. So the stiff jail sentence was a result of mental anguish along with some added environmental charges. This young lady is one of the most sadistic, heartless, and menacing criminal minds that country has come across in this century. I feel that the judges sentencing was rather light with all things considered.

Seriously though just think of all the neat new talents this young lady will learn about while she spends her 3 months in prison. She might even be able to enroll in some classes such as car jacking 101, How to fence boosted merchandise, and of course shank making for beginers. With a little luck and encouraging from her cellie she might even be initiated into a prison gang.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
If your 18 years old and stupid enough to deface someone else's property...tough ---- that you got caught! Your NOT a kid...if she was 12 thats one thing...SHES AN ADULT! Take whats coming to you..because only YOU did wrong.

And for members who say the cops/laws are going to ruin her life...got news for you...they weren't the ones painting...she was...so SHE opened the door....stop crying...its sad!

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

ok so you wuld rather take 3,000 dollars in tax payers dollars to put this girl in jail . rather then just have her pay the 200 dollars .... makes alot of since. i mean honestly 200 bucks is alot of money for a 18 year old let her pay it and suffer for that why should i pay for her.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

Well she will sure think twice about doing something like this again - as for the record I am sure she was not a choir going girl! (statement not literal) - There is more to this than meets the eye (that's for sure!). Whether the media says or not.....

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
As much as we think the law is an ass, it is unfortunartely it is the law.

we see and hear about (X) being released due to a plea bargain or (Y) had a hard childhood, time and time again we call for the injustices to be fixed.
Graffiti is not a nameless crime, it can ruin a business making it look less attractive to the public, it costs money to remove and generally has no artistic style at all anymore.

Just because someone doesn't have a criminal record does not make them squeaky clean, it just means they have never been caught before, just like the drunk who drives home every night for years only gets picked up after he kills someone, no record but a continual problem.

The young lady in question had a tag "2shie" It may have been seen on buildings in the area already but this was the only evidence of catching her in the act.

Danm I got a speeding ticket when I was being tail gated, had to pay it, that was unfair to me, but the law is the law, I just wanted the person tail gating me to get a ticket as well, but no such luck.

she was caught doing it, she should face up to the concequences of her actions, letting her off will just perpetuate the law being an ass and is only unfair on the innocent.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by vesta
There is more to this than meets the eye (that's for sure!). Whether the media says or not.....

Of course there is! Please, enlighten us to what more there could be in this case, beyond an 18 year-old writing her tag-name on a wall with a texta? Yeah, she had been drinking with some friends nearby. Big deal, does that make her crime far more henious? Was the wall more severely damaged as a result of her drinking?

I'm waiting for when a law will be passed that relieves magistrates of their duty, when they make idiotic decisions. I can think of one magistrate who should be made an example of. Decisions like this cost the community thousands of dollars in legal fees - far more than the initial 'crime' was ever worth or deserved.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
It's been said a few times already, but there has got to be more to this case than what's in the article. Judges, for the most part, are reasonable people. They're normal people just like me and I, with kids and a family. Given, there are exceptions, but they're rare. I really don't see a judge handing out this stiff of a sentence based on the facts that are in the article.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

I am sure you will find that there will be some sort of disclaimer regarding this case and hence all will not be revealed.... no-one signs a name on a wall and goes to jail, there is more too this

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by vesta
no-one signs a name on a wall and goes to jail,

Correction, Cheyane Back signed her name on a wall and got sentenced to jail.

That's the whole point of this news item. It's a reality check - this is the world that we're faced with. Insane, irrational and devoid of logic.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Well laugh and mock all you want people.......

Because as soon as ATS, PrisonPlanet, Infowars etc is illegal you will all be begging for your freedom...... And you know its not so far off.

We will see karma swing around then..... Will be sheeple laughing at YOU.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

So you read it and its true - No there is far more to this than a signature - Geeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Come on man, how long you been on this site? -You need to read more into things like this

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTriangle
It's been said a few times already, but there has got to be more to this case than what's in the article. Judges, for the most part, are reasonable people. They're normal people just like me and I, with kids and a family. Given, there are exceptions, but they're rare. I really don't see a judge handing out this stiff of a sentence based on the facts that are in the article.

Oh realy? Are you sure of this?

weblogs.sun-sentinel.com...

This dude got jailed for having a "BROWN LAWN".....

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
For all we know the Judge could have been having a bad day because he just caught his wife cheating on him.

For all we know this girls ugly mug could have reminded him of the first girl that dumped him.

I think there is definetly more to this than meets the eye.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Master Shen long

I would chalk that judge up as one of the exceptions. Tens of thousands of court cases make their way through the system every day and only a handful ever make the national media.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mogwomp
For all we know this girls ugly mug could have reminded him of the first girl that dumped him.

I'm glad somebody said it, because I didn't wanna, LOL.

It's so cliche but...2nd line.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by alyosha1981
Good for them! I think if judges were this harsh on kids convicted of their first crimes, they'd think twice befire re offending.

It's nice to be reminded that people are so quick to have people just thrown away. It's also good know that many of you would be cheering while a shoplifter is being hanged publically. So for those of you who feel that "all criminals must be punished severely and then some" let me ask you this, should thieves, whether they stole bread or a diamond doesn't matter, would you support their hands to be cut off for the crime? Seriously, do you people think that jail for a first time offender for this kind of small crime would really "teach this girl a lesson"? Not even just this girl in particular, but anyone in a small kind of crime such as this. I'll tell you, it doesn't help in most cases.

More than half the people I grew up with that went to juvee, never stopped and are still in and out of jail. The area I grew up in, one of the highest crime rates in the country, most of those people started off young, were jailed, and never learned a lesson.They figure jail ain't nothin. When someone this young is thrown away like this, even if it is for just three months, it makes them not believe in the justice system, they will have a more negative view of society in some cases. She may only have to serve 3 months in prison, but that's going on her record and it will probably be hard for her to get a good job. Was this fair? I say no, but I guess for a lot of you people, it must feel good to destroy someones life. Or maybe you don't know this? I've seen it all the time, people like her are young and they screw up, it's how we learn, it's how we grow.

But with a conviction and a jail sentence on her record, it'll be probably 7-10 years (it's this way in the states, don't know about austrailia) then her conviction could be cleared. But if you can't find work because of a convinction, guess what, that often turns people back to crime. Three months, three weeks in jail for a crime like this for a first time offender, is absolutely ridiculous. But hey, at least the self righteous P.O.S's are pleased that their system is working so well, while rapists,murderers,con artist, real criminals are walking the streets because "it couldn't be proven they did it, even though we know he/she did it!" So let's take it out on the girl doing graffiti!

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTriangle

Originally posted by Master Shen long

I would chalk that judge up as one of the exceptions. Tens of thousands of court cases make their way through the system every day and only a handful ever make the national media.

Ok man, How many examples do you want me to send you? I have a large LARGE list of injustice cases bookmarked on my p.c..... Like the 11 yo taserd in school, Or the guy in NYC who had a police baton shoved up his ass in the tube station in front of witnesess, Or how about the 80 yo guy jailed for 4 years for riding his bike on his own garden drunk? Or maybe the black dude taserd to death for fainting in court? Do you want them all?

Man geez, trusting blindly your government wont save you........... Only fighting for truth will.... Please wake up mate

This # is everywhere

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
The whole thing is just a courts initiated pr stunt imo.The sentencing judge ,knowing full well how "the system" works would have been trying in his own perverse,out of touch with the plebs way to scare the crap out of this dopey little # in the knowledge an appeal would be filed within 10mins. tops & this doe eyed "freshmeat" might be held overnight in the watch-house or remand centre & rest assured would be skipping back to her galpals (albeit with browned panties) in a day or two.OP tone it down ffs its not like she'll have spent any time getting to know Ivan Milat or the likes.Like another posted~3 hots & a cot.My bet completely segregated from any mainstream & more than likely on suicide watch at that.The stupid thing is if her parents had a wad -whoooosh- all sorted quicker than a blink.BUt hey some drastic actions need to be tried imo to try & cancel out this whole damn tagging bull#.She could think herself lucky she didnt get thrown in the basement of some shopowner who has had enough & beaten to within one inch of her life.............or worse.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join