It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only 10 days Left-Until Predicted Huge Earthquakes

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

I've played the part of hero and whacko, but usually it's whacko then hero...

Or whacko then "I knew it was gonna happen all along!"

No matter, It's all the same to me...just doing what I gotta do..

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Red Cloak

As far as I know, the emptying of the wells and other things like that before an earthquake happen just before the earthquake (I think in most cases is some minutes before), they do not happen relatively slowly for several days or even months before.

PS: living in the area that had the biggest earthquake in Europe, I should probably be more prepared than I am, but I also live in a city (that at the time of that earthquake, 1755, was just a small village) where the damage was very small when compared with the damage in Lisbon, just two kilometres away, on the other side of the river, so my laziness tells me that there is no need of worrying about earthquakes, the four or five that I have felt were all small, and even if there is a big one I do not have any problems with facing my destiny, whatever it may be.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Red Cloak

Originally posted by questioningall

Interesting you bring this up. In my area in Arkansas wells are rapidly drying up. As much as 50% of the wells in my area have dried up in the last year or so, despite plenty of rainfall. I'm not sure but that's the opposite it seems of what you are indicating.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by Red Cloak]

Red Cloak,

I do not expect you to dislcose exact location, could you give us within 100-200 miles? or even just the Region?

Only ask because my water table on creek, and springs are rising big time compared to last 10 years.

I will add to this new thread when I get time.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have also noticed weird animal behavior but really did not think about it until lately.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

As far as I know, the emptying of the wells and other things like that before an earthquake happen just before the earthquake (I think in most cases is some minutes before), they do not happen relatively slowly for several days or even months before.

This is incorrect. Changes in ground water is noted weeks ahead of an earthquake in some areas.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   

PS: living in the area that had the biggest earthquake in Europe, I should probably be more prepared than I am, but I also live in a city (that at the time of that earthquake, 1755, was just a small village) where the damage was very small when compared with the damage in Lisbon, just two kilometres away, on the other side of the river, so my laziness tells me that there is no need of worrying about earthquakes, the four or five that I have felt were all small, and even if there is a big one I do not have any problems with facing my destiny, whatever it may be.

Actually no that is not true - I found an article how wells will empty and water can be affected even thousands of miles from the earthquake epicenter! It happens way before, during etc.
here is the link to the article - from a government website:
pubs.usgs.gov...

It has excellent information about what water does pre earthquake etc.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Ooops post, posted twice, just took this one off.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by questioningall]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SANTA CLAWS

Interesting you bring this up. In my area in Arkansas wells are rapidly drying up. As much as 50% of the wells in my area have dried up in the last year or so, despite plenty of rainfall. I'm not sure but that's the opposite it seems of what you are indicating.

Red Cloak,

I do not expect you to dislcose exact location, could you give us within 100-200 miles? or even just the Region?

Only ask because my water table on creek, and springs are rising big time compared to last 10 years.

I have also noticed weird animal behavior but really did not think about it until lately.

Hey Red Cloak - I had sent you a u2u I believe you have VERY valuable information - about the wells and water - that is ONE area the government does look at!

Please post that on the other thread also *alert system*.

Your information in IMPORTANT! VERY IMPORTANT - it actually could be a catalyist to getting something out on this things going on.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by computerwiz32
gosh, I am a programmer and I know how web bots work.

they can't predict they are nothing good but to record what we all think on the internet.

they make based on statictis ... it runs a search. It goes to many websites on the internet takes texts and counts how many it shows up.

like detroit gets hit by economy if it sees this so many times it will spit out the date of those posts and say detroit gets hit by economy on dec 2007 etc.

Now if you have people talking saying oh I think the U.S economy will get bad by FEB 2009.

now if millions of people are talking about that same thing then the web bot goes oh I think by FEB 2009 the U.S ecoomy will get bad.

this is what it does.

now if we are informed and we have hunches then that statement could be true and if it turns out to be true then it was because of the people not the the bot.

the bot just reads what we put out on the internet. Then filters the info for predictions based on how we in America think.

Now even if the bot is right on this ... it dosen't ment the bot knew it.

There were scientist that were talking saying that they think by late 2008 that Cali is due for another big earthquake.

Now people hearing that made predictions and I bet they put December and kept change the date. in dec.

I highly doubt the spider bot will be right on this. However the scientist did say we are due for another bad earthquake for cali since that last bad earthquake.

So for me as a programmer and knowing how spider bots work ... it can't predict anything but can monitor us on what we think would happen.

we are informed better and can make decisions better then a computer. The reason why I say this is that we build the computer and program it. The computer can't be any smarter then us because we build it.

Hope this helps.

Any programmers on here on ATS would agree with me on this one. Web bots don't think we give them the logic to filter text works and use math to figure out the probability or something going to happen and base on a mathematical guess the bot spits out a headline on what could happen.

basically the computer looks at the odds of what could happen and if the odds are high it would then become a prediction.

I'm a programmer, actually, (BS from Penn State in Computer Science). I happen to subscribe to halfpasthuman.com, (the web bot site). The public information on places like urbansurvival.com is interesting and that's what got me interested initially. But the halfpasthuman reports (15 pages per week) are AWESOME.

The chief misconception I keep seeing is that those who dismiss the web bots as merely reading forums verbatim- that is, if somebody says "earthquake in 2012" that this will be counted as a prediction by the web bots. It actually doesn't work this way. Instead, what it's doing is looking for emotional content in association with specific "archetypes" and their change in expression, measured quantitatively.

For example, perhaps on a one to ten scale, the emotional phrase "I'm sad" would be given a "three" while "I'm depressed" would be given a "seven". This is how you'd quantify the emotional content associated with the concepts-- along with, of course, sheer frequency.

It's really based on the notion that the term "earthquake" would subconsciously affect ones emotions (association) as something like a severe "earthquake", unbeknown to them consciously, was lurking in the future. Hence the difficulty in weaving a narrative, because you get key concepts rather than complete pictures of the future events. And then you have the complication that some things are normally emotionally loaded to begin with and hence nuance is hard to come by (such as the recent election).

If you REALLY want to learn all about the web bots, I strongly recommend this Coast to Coast airing from September 2008 (1 of 12):

[edit on 3-12-2008 by citnaj]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by VelmaLu

Thanks a lot for the link. We are obviously more powerful mentally than we are led to believe. Just imagine if those 4000 practioners were 4 billion we could obtain world peace. Very interesting, this makes me want to meditate more, and pray.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSecret...humans just don't want to deal with such major changes either because it impacts their dreams of the perfect and safe world or because of other reasons like incompetency, financial reasons, etc.

Yours is a refreshing voice, DS.

Along the etc. lines, I foresaw 9/11 in a dream state about six hours before the event. Looking back, I was relieved I did not act. Not only would I have been dismissed as a kook from the onset, but I would have been indefinitely detained in Gitmo or similar facility for perceived collaboration with terrorists.

The reality is, when it comes to events like these, we are no better equipped than deaf mutes. As a race, humans have not yet found their "collectiveness" owing to excessive dependency on "follow the leader" mentality. The power to know what is right and wrong and to choose greater degrees of freedom for life exists within each one of us.

We need to start exercising that innate ability. The option is a premature extinction.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
so are some of you guys really saying that there are going to be a couple of huge quakes between the 10th and 15th of this month?

do you all really believe that based on web bot prediction?

really?

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ll__raine__ll
so are some of you guys really saying that there are going to be a couple of huge quakes between the 10th and 15th of this month?

do you all really believe that based on web bot prediction?

really?

If it was just the web bot predictions then maybe I would dismiss it but there does seem to be a lot more earthquake activity happening.

One of the other earthquake threads here on ATS is very interesting reading and also a quick look at this map shows earthquakes and volcanos.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Thanks VelmaLu and questioningall for correcting my idea about the changes in wells and other water sources before earthquakes.

But although I have read the page posted by questioningall I did not saw any reference to changes prior to the earthquake, and has I do not have any knowledge of such cases (when the water levels changed days or weeks before the earthquake) could someone please point me one the known cases? Thanks.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SANTA CLAWS

Red Cloak,

Santa Claws - where are you located?

Due to the fact that water will rise in other areas - pending an earthquake - as wells will dry up in areas too.

BTW: I have contacted the U.S. govt. geologist (earthquake) people now, due to the fact wells are running dry in Arkansas. THAT is a "REAL" important precursor to earthquakes - that even the U.S. govt. recognizes.

I will be updating any contact I have with them on the *ALERT* thread!
I have asked for them to look into this matter IMMEDIATELY!

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
With all due respect to the OP, I find these 'countdown' threads annoying and tiresome. Blossom Goodchild flavour all over again.. Lots of hype with little substance.

First we had 2 Earthquakes predicted for Dec 10 - 15th Big Ones posted 22/11/2008

Now we have this 2nd thread Only 10 days Left-Until Predicted Huge Earthquakes.

Are we to expect another thread shortly by the same OP stating Only 1 more day until huge Earthquakes hits?.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
All I will say is for a very long time know, I've flirted with the concept that deep down in some systematic subconscious way, It is possible that human thought or perhaps a mix of thought and belief, creates action. Maybe not in ways clearly traceable to the skeptical eye, but I do most certainly believe in the power of meditation and I also feel we are all creating the bubble of existence we live within everyday, as an extension of that, perhaps the events that occur, like natural disasters and such, do so because of some underlying belief in the possibility of such things occurring....*shrugs*

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Has anyone thought it may not be an earthquake. Maybe it's India and Pakistan kicking off over the terror attacks. Who know's what damage that could create. Would also account for the mention of sickness. Just a thought. Sleep well.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by RolandBrichter
Good point...

Still, If I was certainly convinced of the prognostication, I'd rather look like a fool and be wrong versus being right and doing nothing...

Originally posted by Matyas
Along the etc. lines, I foresaw 9/11 in a dream state about six hours before the event. Looking back, I was relieved I did not act. Not only would I have been dismissed as a kook from the onset, but I would have been indefinitely detained in Gitmo or similar facility for perceived collaboration with terrorists.

my opinion is that if you have only some sort of vision or "feeling" about smth bad happening it's better to shut up and avoid the needless complications caused by the current security craze (such as suspicions, endless interrogations, etc) if the event actually materializes.

kennedy was warned not to go to dallas by some lady who had a vision (i think she became famous later) but then again i'm sure every celebrity was warned by many people to avoid certain places and nothing bad ever happened.

today is not the day to be a hero. heroes are usually killed or become drunks in the end.

of course if you're involved in criminal activity and realize it's going to cost lots of lives you should do the right thing and go to authorities no matter the punishment... then again if you're a criminal you probably dont have a conscience or you can justify bad things.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
But regardless of which words the bot searches for they're still just words. Just words that people type on the internet somewhere. It's like the Bible codes. I'm not dismissing them, but given a large enough source of information it can say anything you want it to.

So how do people, just regular people, type something out on the internet and then it is somehow magically transformed into a prediction that can be interpreted any which way? The way this web bot actually works seems to be a closely guarded secret and any explanation of how it really works is vague. As for why it works, apparently humans have psychic emissions? Come on. Humans "emit" lots of things, but find me a science textbook that says humans emit some kind of psychic information.

Ironically, people are more willing to put their faith in a computer program that only a few people know how it works, and yet they are so quick to dismiss something like religion. People put their faith into the most bizarre things. At least they found archeological evidence of things from the Bible. But psychic abilities? They don't have any solid proof yet.

Come to think of it, could the "earthquake" (or whatever's supposed to happen) be related to the supreme court case against Obama? Otherwise how would people know the date of an earthquake, a geological event that's hard to predict the exact time and location of?

[edit on 4-12-2008 by Totakeke]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ll__raine__ll

"All" is a generalization. There are other areas this information is coming from. It would be foolish to summarily dismiss it.

I don't want to see something like this happen, not in my darkest nightmares. For one of the rare times I am with the sceptics on this, in hopes that they are right. However, if you have reviewed the entire thread, visited all the links, and finished a through search on all the engines, you will agree with me that there is more here than meets the eye.

We are living in interesting times.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join