It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only 10 days Left-Until Predicted Huge Earthquakes

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Here are some interesting links:

Evaluation of coseismic groundwater changes caused by the 2003 earthquake

In Hokkaido, coseismic steps in groundwater level or discharge rate at thirty-two observation wells and at an undersea coal mine were detected . . . Smaller coseismic persistent groundwater level changes associated with the 2003 Tokachi-oki earthquake were also detected
at ten of the forty-two observation stations in Honshu, Japan, some of which are located about 1,000 km away from the epicenter.

Groundwater Fluctuations caused by the 1995 Hyogo-ken Nanbu Earthquake

Groundwater in deep underground also fluctuated by the earthquake and their spatial distribution seemed to be related to the distance and the direction from the epicenter of the earthquake.

Subtle Signs May Have Hinted at Earthquake San Andreas Fault 2004

Meters put in sealed wells at the same depth showed changes in water pressure, indicating that fluids had moved during the same time period. Such fluid movement is expected during a quake and perhaps beforehand; anecdotes of water levels shifting in wells and streams before quakes are common lore.

Seems that water levels falling inexplicably are one precusor to an earthquake.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by eniac

I don't know. This is the same webbot that predicted an economic failure somewhere in Europe on October 7th, 2008. Did you hear about Iceland?

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
gosh, I am a programmer and I know how web bots work.

they can't predict they are nothing good but to record what we all think on the internet.

they make based on statictis ... it runs a search. It goes to many websites on the internet takes texts and counts how many it shows up.

like detroit gets hit by economy if it sees this so many times it will spit out the date of those posts and say detroit gets hit by economy on dec 2007 etc.

Now if you have people talking saying oh I think the U.S economy will get bad by FEB 2009.

now if millions of people are talking about that same thing then the web bot goes oh I think by FEB 2009 the U.S ecoomy will get bad.

this is what it does.

now if we are informed and we have hunches then that statement could be true and if it turns out to be true then it was because of the people not the the bot.

the bot just reads what we put out on the internet. Then filters the info for predictions based on how we in America think.

Now even if the bot is right on this ... it dosen't ment the bot knew it.

There were scientist that were talking saying that they think by late 2008 that Cali is due for another big earthquake.

Now people hearing that made predictions and I bet they put December and kept change the date. in dec.

I highly doubt the spider bot will be right on this. However the scientist did say we are due for another bad earthquake for cali since that last bad earthquake.

So for me as a programmer and knowing how spider bots work ... it can't predict anything but can monitor us on what we think would happen.

we are informed better and can make decisions better then a computer. The reason why I say this is that we build the computer and program it. The computer can't be any smarter then us because we build it.

Hope this helps.

Any programmers on here on ATS would agree with me on this one. Web bots don't think we give them the logic to filter text works and use math to figure out the probability or something going to happen and base on a mathematical guess the bot spits out a headline on what could happen.

basically the computer looks at the odds of what could happen and if the odds are high it would then become a prediction.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
ALSO if you don't know what a spider bot is or still think it can predict the future.

take a look here : en.wikipedia.org...

educate yourself.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
All of this at the same time??? The bible, among other things is proof that these problems have been orchestrated, if you look at all the other info, & connect the dots, you see a very strange picture indeed... I'm not religious, & I'm sure these quakes could be manipulated, however it is also a possibility that the elite that have advanced knowledge were completely aware that by taking Oil out of the ground, increased earthquakes would occur.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Could be the Yellow Stone Super Volcano, its effects would be simuliar.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
i had severe chest pains and anxiety 2 hrs before the most recent EQ rocked dwntwn LA and had the uneasy feeling of an imminent earthquake. i've been getting similar feelings lately and my rabbits telepathically induced a dream to me that massive death was imminent sometime before December 7th with a hugh EQ in the early AM hrs around 2-5 AM. I have found my rabbits to be able to communicate with each other both telepathically and in higher audible spectrum frequencies than heard by the human ears. It's no accident rabbits have survived millions of years of evolution because they can warn each other without predators hearing them. They also can predict EQs because they have lived in borrow in the wild and can hear the S waves long before the P waves os an EQ... they hear the very ong waves with their long ears.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
have not read the entire thread - but wanted to add that science channel or discovery channel had a documentary on the New Madrid fault last week or 2 weeks ago which i watched. it explained what happened in the 1800's and that there is proof it happens every 300-500 years so we'll have another 100 years until a repeat was the conclusion.

maybe someone who posted this newest online "prophecy" watched that documentary and wanted to have a bit of fun with gullible people and someone posted it here eventually.

i say life is a risk - you get hit by a car, a vase falls on top of your head or you have a stroke. why so much fuss about a quake when we already have fires, floods, hurricanes?

of all you believers how many have sold your house, left your jobs and moved to "safer" places?
get real if a disaster hits we all are unprepared and some will die because we love to feel safe and forget that death is just a heart beat away!

[edit on 3-12-2008 by DarkSecret]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I gotta say, the collective consciousness is a intiguing. I'm kinda leaning to believing in it. The webot seems like an interesting idea on how to guage the collective.

I don't know if I buy it though. It reminds me of Nostradomus "predictions". They are all so vague and open for interpretation. Think about if you or I wrote a bunch of random cryptic poems this week and they lasted a few hundred years I'm pretty sure we would have some "hits"

Make up some random disasters like the webot pick a timeframe and see if you get some hits.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Time=Now
I'm not religious, & I'm sure these quakes could be manipulated, however it is also a possibility that the elite that have advanced knowledge were completely aware that by taking Oil out of the ground, increased earthquakes would occur.
If that was the case then the earthquakes should happen more in the areas from where the oil was taken, and that is not what happens.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

UPDATE ON PREDICTION

Please find today's comment from www.urbansurvival.com...

We're now roughly one week from the twin quakes window in Cliff's predictive linguistics work when the world seems likely, based on language shifts that have preceded similar events in the past, a pair of quakes, as least one of which is linguistically destined to isolate a bunch of people and cause severe socioeconomic impacts including offers of foreign aid. Here again, 'life by halves' features some folks will be ready because of their learning and experience which will allow them to see the possibilities in advance and prepare to meet them on their own terms, while the other side denies that language precedes change and that Cliff & I are just a couple of nutjobs.

No dispute about this last point from us, but as we've said in the past, "Just because we may be nuts doesn't make us wrong". Remember when we posted the last 'big quake' advisory a couple of days before the China 7.8 - 8.0 quake in May. Off by a day or two in the May 9 and May 10 warnings, but that's why I call the predictive linguistics project a "rickety time machine". When it takes a half linguist/ half SQL-guru and 200+ executables in four languages (dos, perl, c, & prolog) to weed though terabytes of data, no, this is not something you'll be seeing on Amazon any time soon with a slick Vista graphics front-end..

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by Time=Now
I'm not religious, & I'm sure these quakes could be manipulated, however it is also a possibility that the elite that have advanced knowledge were completely aware that by taking Oil out of the ground, increased earthquakes would occur.
If that was the case then the earthquakes should happen more in the areas from where the oil was taken, and that is not what happens.

It doesnt happen where oil is taken because the oil is replaced with brine to fill in the gaps and holes after oil is extraced.

This is a normal practice in the oil industry.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
For those who are into prophecies and the New Madrid earthquakes -

AngelFire gathers together those kinds of things. They claim - hundreds of prophetic voices confirm New Madrid Earthquake.

Enjoy reading.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
For those who are into prophecies and the New Madrid earthquakes -

AngelFire gathers together those kinds of things. They claim - hundreds of prophetic voices confirm New Madrid Earthquake.

Enjoy reading.

I have to say - the Chuck Youngbrandt submission- is completely *&%$ intense!
from that site.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I happened upon an interesting prediction made by Dannion Brinkley..He wrote a book "Saved By The Light" which was published in 1994 after he suffered a near death experience in the '70's.....many of his predictions have been startlingly accurate over the years....but the prediction below really caught my interest in light of the current topic...

"But the end of America as a world power came as visions of two horrendous earthquakes in which buildings were swaying & toppling over like a child's wooden blocks. I knew that these quakes happened sometime before the end of the century, but I couldn't tell where they took place. I do remember seeing a large body of water that was probably a river. The cost of rebuilding these destroyed cities would be the final straw for our government, now so financially broken that it would hardly be able to keep itself alive. The voice in the vision told me that it would be this way while the images from the box showed Americans starving & lined up for food."

His predictionsHERE

His timing may be off, but it is eerily similar to the webbot predictions

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by RolandBrichter

"But the end of America as a world power came as visions of two horrendous earthquakes in which buildings were swaying & toppling over like a child's wooden blocks. I knew that these quakes happened sometime before the end of the century, but I couldn't tell where they took place. I do remember seeing a large body of water that was probably a river. The cost of rebuilding these destroyed cities would be the final straw for our government, now so financially broken that it would hardly be able to keep itself alive. The voice in the vision told me that it would be this way while the images from the box showed Americans starving & lined up for food."

His predictionsHERE

His timing may be off, but it is eerily similar to the webbot predictions

I remember reading this. I really pray none of this happens because it would cause great suffering for many people and yes it would break our government.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by RolandBrichter
His predictionsHERE

WOW! That's an awesome bunch of information. Thanks.
I'm going to email this to a friend of mine. She said that people
she knew had dreams of earthquakes coming in December.
She didn't know about WEBBOT. It was a shock to her.

This will be a surprise too!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
As many times as WEBBOT has been wrong, why do so many keep on thinking it will be right the next time around?

Sounds to me like too much faith and hope is being put into a hopeless non-living thing over and over again...which has only led these believers in WEBBOT to the same dead end only to start up another prediction, that will no doubt repeat itself as it has many times before.

Talk about false God's!!!!

Your better off just guessing for yourselves than to be relying on some web based word searching bot software that does nothing more than count words and forms a conclusion based on paranoia and very little fact.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
As many times as WEBBOT has been wrong, why do so many keep on thinking it will be right the next time around?

I think for some people, it's not a matter of webbot or :enter your favorite: prediction being right...its more along the lines of fascination...and in some cases, preperation...In the past, predictions have come true that were far outside the odds of pure chance...how did they do it and can they do it again...if they can, should I ignore all future predictions if they miss sometimes, but are dead on other times?

Should we live or die on them? Of course not.

But if we use them as tools that , when taken in context with probabilty and other realities, help us make "informed" decisions along the course of our lives...that's just being prudent.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by RolandBrichter]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by computerwiz32
gosh, I am a programmer and I know how web bots work.

they can't predict they are nothing good but to record what we all think on the internet.

they make based on statictis ... it runs a search. It goes to many websites on the internet takes texts and counts how many it shows up.

like detroit gets hit by economy if it sees this so many times it will spit out the date of those posts and say detroit gets hit by economy on dec 2007 etc.

Now if you have people talking saying oh I think the U.S economy will get bad by FEB 2009.

now if millions of people are talking about that same thing then the web bot goes oh I think by FEB 2009 the U.S ecoomy will get bad.

this is what it does.

now if we are informed and we have hunches then that statement could be true and if it turns out to be true then it was because of the people not the the bot.

the bot just reads what we put out on the internet. Then filters the info for predictions based on how we in America think.

Now even if the bot is right on this ... it dosen't ment the bot knew it.

There were scientist that were talking saying that they think by late 2008 that Cali is due for another big earthquake.

Now people hearing that made predictions and I bet they put December and kept change the date. in dec.

I highly doubt the spider bot will be right on this. However the scientist did say we are due for another bad earthquake for cali since that last bad earthquake.

So for me as a programmer and knowing how spider bots work ... it can't predict anything but can monitor us on what we think would happen.

we are informed better and can make decisions better then a computer. The reason why I say this is that we build the computer and program it. The computer can't be any smarter then us because we build it.

Hope this helps.

Any programmers on here on ATS would agree with me on this one. Web bots don't think we give them the logic to filter text works and use math to figure out the probability or something going to happen and base on a mathematical guess the bot spits out a headline on what could happen.

basically the computer looks at the odds of what could happen and if the odds are high it would then become a prediction.

Actually - if you read an alta report of theirs - you will see it is not from us discussing a certain subject. We all somehow use words together - then the bot picks up on a certain number of words before and after it.

It does not pick up - if we are talking about New madrid over and over - it picks up strange words being used - not direct names being used.

Also - look at it picking up the power outage in N.Y. a few years ago - it picked it up using words - of falls etc. You can find a sample of those reports at www.urbansurvival.com.

Please read about the web bot - as it really is fascinating and has predicted correctly - things we never would have thought of, way ahead of time.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join