It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Earthquakes predicted for Dec. 10 -15th Big Ones

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   

2 Earthquakes predicted for Dec. 10 -15th BIG ONES

The 'details' on this kind of thing are always sketchy; sorry we can't get down to the specific city. At the moment, however, it looks like at least one of the two quakes will be inside the band 32 to 36-degrees latitude and that one of the quakes will be noticed as having 5 pretty distinct/large aftershocks of some consequence.

Moreover, one of the quakes (the first?) will be associated with fertile plains where things are grow, while the second will be associated with "dancing mountains" although not sure (again, this is a new science) which of these will come first. Seems Pacific Ring of Fire, in one case, too.

One of the quakes will also be noted for causing "isolation" to the point that other countries will be sending aid - and it's possible that the quake with the isolation could be U.S. centered.

(visit the link for the full news article)
www.urbansurvival.com

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com
www.fema.gov
mae.ce.uiuc.edu

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

Mod note: Where is the link to the story snippet?

[edit on 11/22/2008 by Gools]

[edit on 22-11-2008 by questioningall]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Urban Survival did an update yesterday on the quakes that are predicted within 3 weeks time!

In fact - he normally does financial webbot language, but yesterday did most of it on the coming quakes.

Webbot has mentioned the quakes many times, but now that we are getting closer they are getting more language on them.

From urban survival yesterday:

There are several competing scenarios that seem to fall out of interpretation of modelspace. The main feature is [-SNIP-]

If you know of anyone in the Tennesse or mid America area - it would not hurt to warn them to prepare items.
The Fema report - says no water would be available for a few months to those affected.

There are 15 nuclear power plants on the fault line of the New Madrid

I included the link above (sorry thought I had included it in original post)
www.urbansurvival.com

Urban survival is an off shoot of webbot (halfpasthuman.com).

These earthquakes have been predicted for over one year now. What is interesting is that FEMA just released a big report about the New Madrid fault line on the 20th of November - then there was an article with a warning from the government about the New Madrid fault line also on the 20th. both sites are on the related news link list.

The Chinese Earthquake that hit - if it had been in the U.S. it would have been felt from Maine to Arizona.

I live in Eastern Tennessee - so I have been preparing before for food shortages, but now I am looking at what I will need to do in case of an Earthquake.

Also on the webbot language updated a few weeks ago - it said: ( in my words - not plagerized)

Crack heard around the world
vomiting loses
nothing as ever experienced before

Another part of this prediction - is that world wide help will be needed with one of the Earthquakes - and it could be in the one in the U.S.

Mod Edit: Quoting/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11/22/2008 by Gools]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Man, I knew some disaster was bound to eventually get me in the Pacific Northwest. Luckily I live next to a lake so I can get water (plus there's the rain). I'm not all that worried about a webbot prediction. People have been saying the West Coast is due for the 'big one' any time now. I actually think earthquakes are kind of fun. Weird huh?

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

I've only really cottoned on to this whole webbot thing just recently but have not done much research into it. So I am going to follow this prediction very closely. New Zealand is on the ring of fire, too the entire island that I'm on is a faultline sticking out of the oceans so I hope we don't get anything major whether it be earthquake or tsunami.

[edit on 22/11/2008 by Good Wolf]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I saw that article about the New Madrid story earlier this week and just kind of skipped over it. I will now do a little closer reading and see what is out there. Very interesting.........flagged.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Strange this .... I live in Canada just north of the Madrid zone. The quakes we get here are very rare and very mild - barely noticeable tremors.
Yesterday, however, just out of the blue, I remember thinking about us getting a much bigger quake. There was no sense to it, but now reading this it does make me wonder.

edit to add: (Actually it was more of a visualization that popped into my head than a thought.)

[edit on 22-11-2008 by wayno]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The History Channel had a show on about the New Madrid earthquakes that happened I think like 1811 or something, I never knew about these earthquakes, it was shocking, they said that the Missisipi River flowed backward in the opposite direction and sand geysers were coming up through the earth up to ten stories high, the tremors afterwards lasted like 5 months.

They said that the earthquakes were felt from that area in Tenessee as far north as New York.

[edit on 22-11-2008 by phinubian]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

A few points that I'm making in public in the hopes of benefiting everyone reading this.

I moved this thread from the Breaking News forum since it does not meet the requirements of that forum: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

I have no idea where you got your story snippet since there is no link attributed to it. Your "related news links" are not news links at all.

They are links to sites that are responsible for earthquake preparedness and scenario planning. They have nothing to do with predicting an earthquake in a few weeks!!

This kind of misleading posting is not allowed, especially in the breaking news forum!!!

Next, you don't use all caps in titles to get attention: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

Finally, you seems to have quoted an awful lot of text from another website (urban survival) with no link and without the use of proper tags. Another T&C violation. I should delete that post but I'll edit it for your benefit.

Everyone should learn about these: Quoting/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Lastly, I suggest you get familiar with all the rules around here before running around making misleading connections and news posts: ATS Handbook

Your lucky this wasn't trashed outright but I'm trying to make a point and avoid having to go through the whole "ATS staff censorship" accusation thing again...

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by phinubian

You think that's bad. In our tiny country we have a supervolcano and like every other significant active volcano in the world it's over due. Typical.

Lake Taupo - Volcano.

It's as destructive as they get. Mega-colossal!

[edit on 22/11/2008 by Good Wolf]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Okay .. it was driving me nutz so I went and found the original link to this thread -

www.urbansurvival.com...

You have to scroll down about half way to the Friday posting.

It looks like a blog kind of thing.

There ... now we can all comment on the full story.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Okay ... I roamed the site and the links. It looks like this prediction is based off a homemade web-bot kind of thing and/or 'future viewing'. It looks like a grass roots kind of site and so do the links. I'm not seeing anything that specifically lists predictions or hit/miss type information.

Dunno what to say about this prediction.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Urban survival is the daily update of the webbot of financial concerns.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Okay, if syzygyis real, this prediction might actually occur. The moon will be full and at perigee on December 12, 2008!

www.fourmilab.ch...

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Naturally Smooth

o no a natural lunar event and a prediction in the same month? what are the chances? webbot has proved to be a failure. if no earthquake happens then its another nail in the coffin for webbot. remember back when the GFL were big news and people kept pointing out how the webbot mentions a big event in that time frame? well how did that work out.?

i can't wait to see nothing happen.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Where is it actually predicted? I see the article, but can find no other sources that stand behind this prediction.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
web bots predicted something big was going to happen on october 7 and the event would over-shadow 9/11 even. some said the US stock market going down was the big event and the web bots got it right. i don't buy it.

these predictions are more specific. i wonder what non-event they'll point to as proof of their accuracy if two big disastrous quakes don't hit?

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Odd, I had a dream recently about going through an earthquake in a CA city. At first I thought it was in the San Jose Area where I used to live, but then the scene shifted to a beach scene; something more reminiscent of Santa Monica, or perhaps a coastal resort city. Santa Cruz is near San Jose, so maybe it was that city.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join