It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only 10 days Left-Until Predicted Huge Earthquakes

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I felt that one and I live 170 miles west of Ludlow!
Could this be a precursor to the big one prediction?!?

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Aftershock predictions for this recent quake.
I Hope everyone is safe out there.

From:Seismological Laboratory California Institute of Technology
Seismological Laboratory California Institute of Technology

MAINSHOCK
Magnitude : 5.5 Ml
Time : 5 Dec 2008 08:18:42 PM PST
: 6 Dec 2008 04:18:42 UTC
Coordinates : 34 deg. 48.82 min. N, 116 deg. 25.23 min. W
37 mi. ( 60 km) SSW of Baker, CA
34 mi. ( 55 km) E of Barstow, CA
Event ID : 14408052
STRONG AFTERSHOCKS (Magnitude 5 and larger) -
At this time (immediately after the mainshock) the probability of a strong and possibly damaging aftershock IN THE NEXT 7 DAYS is approximately 20 PERCENT.
EARTHQUAKES LARGER THAN THE MAINSHOCK -
Most likely, the recent mainshock will be the largest in the sequence. However, there is a small chance (APPROXIMATELY 5 TO 10 PERCENT) of an earthquake equal to or larger than this mainshock in the next 7 days.
WEAK AFTERSHOCKS (Magnitude 3 to 5) -
In addition, approximately 5 to 20 SMALL AFTERSHOCKS are expected in the same 7-DAY PERIOD and may be felt locally.
This probability report is based on the statistics of aftershocks typical for California. This is not an exact prediction, but only a rough guide to expected aftershock activity. This probability report may be revised as more information becomes available.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
It is interesting that it took until today before the naysayers got in here... anyway, that is okay because nobody is saying there WILL be an earthquake. Granted, the web bot folks have been pretty eerily accurate for those that have been following. For the others that either do not know about web bot or do not believe... that is fine too, there will always be those like you. In fact, even if for some improbable reason an 8 hits the middle of the US, there will still be people out there doubting it. No problem.

Honestly, only time will tell.

Now, I have to get something off my chest which has been bothering me..
The web bot guys are predicting not one, but two major events during the Dec 10 - 12 time period. Many have used their track record and given them the benefit of the doubt at Dec 8 - 18. I mean, the likelihood of two major newsworthy quakes in 10 days is small enough!

My problem is that I do not see anything indicating an earthquake in the web bot language. There are really unusual words listed, but nothing besides 'dancing mountains' to indicate earthquake. All of the other words seem to indicate a nasty flu bug!

I guess my point is that the web bot is an unproven science and it is far from accurate - if even correct. Hell, the web bot guys even say something like 55% accurate which is still considerably better than pure statistical chance but almost equally far from being right. Again, only time will tell.

To those close-minded naysayers though.. I am interested to hear from you what compels you to post in a thread like this. Seriously. Tell me why you post.
Why not just laugh to yourself and click away? I inquire out of pure curiosity. Internet psychology fascinates me just as much as the possibility that precognitive data may be gleaned off of the very new and revolutionary information age that we are just scratching the surface of... so please, tell me what drives you to post your mockery?

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

I posted the link to the page the article is on and a brief quote from the article in this post on page 4.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
just thought i'd mention i had a dream last night that a small chunk of California broke off into the ocean. not that i'm any kind of psychic, but anyhoo..

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

earthquake.usgs.gov:80...

an Indonsian quake this morning 6.2, last night was a 5.4 in California, it seems there are things going on right now, there has been all year, but now more frequent and getting a little stronger. Besides the little bitty one in Missouri yesterday.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by nomorelies
just thought i'd mention i had a dream last night that a small chunk of California broke off into the ocean. not that i'm any kind of psychic, but anyhoo..

california's fault isnt moving out to the ocean its moving up. So part of california is shifting upward and no part of it will fall off into the ocean.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SANTA CLAWS

thank you for letting me know your location.

I am going to look at the Missouri water table maps this morning and see where there might have been more changes.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I think the predictions are ludicrous myself. Human conciousness experiment? Oh brother. GIGO — consider the Internet as a whole, and tell me you are not seriously thinking it has the ability to create accurate predictions based on the amount of utter trash that gets put there. This site alone is proof of the amount of negative, doomsday "information" the Internet sees on a daily basis. Gee, nothing like a self-fulfilling Internet prediction. Sites: "Omg.. the world is going to end!" Internet prediction machine: "Omg the world is going to end!" Sites: "omg see it's TRUE!" Guess we'll see in 5 days.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. I don't care "how" the web bot works (if it even does) because I know that if you search the internet and you look for stuff that'll happen the only thing you'll find is stuff that will PROBABLY happen. For example, economic collapse. It's been forecast for a while now. Just watch. Web bot will predict it, one day later it'll happen, and omg all hail web bot.

The internet doesn't have any future-predicting capabilities.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

Hey, I am also from Regina and did you know there was an earthquake in Esterhazy just a couple days ago? They said it was between a 3.5 and a 4!! I didnt even know that we could get earth quakes here in the middle of no where. . .

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
As for earthquakes here in the central part of the USA; there is no chance for a large earthquake to strike in the central part of the USA, only small quakes possible.

As for the M5.5 earthquake in California last night; that is not a "Huge Earthquake".

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
questioningall I'm in Arkansas in the northern part of the state about 2 miles from the Missouri state border. Ozarks region. Maybe oh about 100-120 miles northwest from Memphis, Tennessee.

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, but I didn't check the thread for awhile.

[edit on 6-12-2008 by Red Cloak]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Totakeke

I think the predictions are ludicrous myself. Human conciousness experiment? Oh brother. GIGO — consider the Internet as a whole, and tell me you are not seriously thinking it has the ability to create accurate predictions based on the amount of utter trash that gets put there. This site alone is proof of the amount of negative, doomsday "information" the Internet sees on a daily basis. Gee, nothing like a self-fulfilling Internet prediction. Sites: "Omg.. the world is going to end!" Internet prediction machine: "Omg the world is going to end!" Sites: "omg see it's TRUE!" Guess we'll see in 5 days.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. I don't care "how" the web bot works (if it even does) because I know that if you search the internet and you look for stuff that'll happen the only thing you'll find is stuff that will PROBABLY happen. For example, economic collapse. It's been forecast for a while now. Just watch. Web bot will predict it, one day later it'll happen, and omg all hail web bot.

I suggest you do a search on the Webbot, the history channel has even mentioned things about the webbot.

Let me give you a very brief and few things they have said would happen that did:

Bande Ache EQ - said EQ and electric water - 300k would die or go missing (predicted 6 months before it happend)

China's EQ in May - EQ would distrupt a wedding - people have to leave over weekend (predicted 3 days ahead of time - they were off by one day - but they also got it - regarding Jenna Bush's wedding)

Power outage - N.Y. - said by falls (after the power outage - it was discovered the main fault was by the Niagra Falls) - they got that one a couple of months before it happened.

Did they get the following either weeks or months before it happened:

Shuttle disaster over Texas - Yep - check that one
Katrina - Yep - check that one
Anthrax - Yep - check that one
911 - Yep - check that one
what is happening now with the economy - Yep - check that one - including all the dates

The problem is - they have actually gotten all the various things they projected and predicted.

Now - I will be the First person to say right now...................

I SINCERELY HOPE - THAT THE MODERATORS WILL BE ABLE TO PUT A *HOAX* NEXT TO THIS THREAD COME DEC. 16TH.

LET ME MAKE THAT CLEAR - I WANT THIS THREAD TO BE LABELED JUST THAT!!! NOTHING WOULD MAKE ME HAPPIER ON THE DATE OF DEC. 16TH!!

So moderators please be ready - I will cheer you on!! and give you LOTS of flags and stars for being able to label this thread a *HOAX*!

[edit on 6-12-2008 by questioningall]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
well then i hope that every web bot one gets hoax written on it aswell. web bot is the worst thing technology has created since they made cellphones so small you lose them everywhere

*i am searching for my phone and can't find it # its small*

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
As a long time CA resident, I can say that one shouldn't be alarmed in the least about a 5 or 6 magnitude quake happening here. We have quakes all the time. One year we had four magnitude 6 quakes in different locations, with no real damage.

Note that I'm not discounting the web bot prediction, or the interpretation thereof. I'm still quite fascinated by the whole concept behind it. (I even posted earlier that at first blush, it actually made me think of the Yellowstone Caldera.) Precognition is something I feel deserves more research and there might just be something to this ongoing experiment.

I'm just saying that CA should probably be left out of the running for potential foreshadowings of a major quake there or elsewhere, because we have them all the time. We are definitely very overdue for another big one, though.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Read the material before you trash it. If you can't read, you can go to youtube and type webbot and listen to the audio.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Totakeke

Here's a question for you...have you ever experienced Deja Vu? Personally, I've had very strong instances where something I see or say triggers a memory from a dream, and it is very eerie because of the detail involved. Doesn't happen often, but when it does it is a WOW feeling. In my opinion, that is a type of pre-cognitive ability that our brains possess. And really, why should it be so hard to believe that something as complex as the brain, which has evolved in the space-time continuum, not be tied to that same continuum in ways we don't understand? We see evidence in nature that animals such as birds, whales, and sharks use the magnetic field of the earth to navigate. How different is evolving the ability to tap into the unseen magnetic forces of the Earth from the potential of our brains to traverse the space-time continuum in some way?

Now, to your statement about the internet not being able to predict anything. What exactly is the internet? The internet is nothing more than a huge collection of brain activity expressed through language. And like a pebble being thrown into a pond creating ripples which travel out in all directions, a traumatic event in time might cause the release of emotions through language which travel both forward and backward through time. All the web bot is trying to do is pick up on these emotional releases.

The last thing I'll mention is about the worldwide economic crash which began in the beginning of October. You say people have been predicting this for awhile, but how many people out there picked the exact date 10 months in advance? George Ure was on Coast to Coast AM on New Year's Eve this past year and laid out the web bot predictions for the coming year. Here's a summary...

October
* Global emotional release event begins, largely economic
* Think of the U.S. economy as a lit fuse that is lit over the early part of 2008
* In late 2008 the rest of the world's currencies are "touched off" by the dollar and U.S. decline
* May be a global replay of what the 1932 Bond Crash in the Great Depression was

Seems spot on to me.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Evil Genius

Besides just as an analyst said the other day since Oct. 8th
the U.S. people and economy has loss $9 trillion dollars!!!!

UH, lets see web bot said 1 1/2 years ago Oct 7th was the date when everything would change!

Plus people say OH, anybody can say the economy was going to go bad in advance.

Well one other question to that is:

Did they also say: The precursor to what happens will be Sept 23 -27th -- lets see ....I don't think so, but the web bot did. What happened those dates? Paulson came out saying 700 billion bailout.

This is NOT a computer saying what will happen.......it is ALL of us!!

The computer just picks up what we say on the internet - and somehow when we write, (just like we are all doing here) we write in the way of future events, by words we use. It is the program built that puts those words together.

The BIGGER the emotional event - the farther out they get the future event that causes that emotion from us.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The only real predictions are in the Christian and Jewish Bible. This is false. Oh, and FYI, Adolf Hitler was antiChrist

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Ranger... What?! So off topic!

Anyway, I had a really random dream (I think after reading this thread.. gave me nightmares) that there was a horrible earthquake and we could tell it was coming by the seaweed washing up onshore. So, maybe something starting in the Pacific fault lines? No clue, but the dream scared me and made me late for school!

[edit on 12/6/2008 by ravenshadow13]

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join