It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only 10 days Left-Until Predicted Huge Earthquakes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
ok so the question I have now is how many days do we have now???

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
what

ever.

I can't believe I just fed the troll!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

Yo I don't think the web bot is designed to predict everything that happens, like the Mumbai attacks. That sh!t was like a surprise to everyone almost. Some stuff just come outta nowhere.

But some stuff is just predictable, homie! Doesn't anyone study History? Of course yall do, then you'll know that Mesoamericans were able to predict big earthquakes by paying attention to the moon. That's also why astrology and astronomy used to be almost the same thing (you know, before secularized science took over and made astrology look bogus)! We can make predictions by just looking up and just seeing what's going on around us.

So back to the moon. I can't believe no one on ATS has mentioned this yet!!! Okay, normally I'm on bboy forums, cuz it's that time in history when bboys (the good youth) are coming back on the scene to make the good change. I love hip hop, that's my life, that was my introduction to explain why I browse the boards as an observer, just to stay updated on reality, and don't need to weigh in my input. So this is like my SECOND post. Sorry if it ends long, I PREDICT I might have a lot to say. BUT... I feel it's important that you read this!

Back to the moon. We just had a supermoon on November 13. Cool. There's another one coming up, December 12! But it ain't no joe shmoe supermoon, it's an EXTREME supermoon, over 100% LUNAR MENERGY! It's especially scary when we have 2 supermoons right next to each other, on nights of FULL MOON as well.

Peep this chart:
www.astropro.com...

November 13 - Supermoon
December 12 - EXTREME supermoon

You can also look to the Mayan calender. Nov. 13 is the start of "the 6th day," it's like the start of a new day, new changes, new world. You can say a lot has changed in the world since November 13. I mean, it's always changing, but now it's getting a little crazy, you know? It's one of them craaazy days, this 6th day.
December 12 is actually another special day on the Mayan calender (you can tell they paid MAD attention to the moon, the sun, and the stars in the sky, to figure ALL this stuff out in advance, it's 2008 now and they predicted this full moon? That's mind boggling, yo!), and it's marked specially, like it's some special intersection of things.

Take what you will from that.

The moon is known to have influence on earthly events, of course, like tidal fluctuations obviously. I can imagine tectonic plates and volcanos too. The animals start going crazy sometimes too. The Mayans saw that and they also knew. Imagine an ancient civilzation seeing strangely huge tides, weather changes, animals going crazy, the moon getting HUGE like some sh!t's gonna go down. Then BAM # goes down, big surprise. Just look around for the signs!

Also notice the LAST supermoon came right after the SEA Tsunami in 2004.
Once again, mathematics reigns supreme, god!
Alright that's like my 2nd post. The wisdom post. I rambled on topic cuz I had a lot to say. Hope that's not bad.

Be peaced, be blessed, ATS, all the best stay fresh.
West West!
LA all day!
For no earthquakes I'll pray.
But one day...
And some still say no way. Oy vay.

HAHAH that's my outro. peeace.z

edit: and y'all should quit bickerin about sh!t.

and People post SO fast at ATS. By the time I was done with my post, like 15 new ones came up and STILL no one said anything about the moon. I was surprised. I read that and got the link from an ATS thread!

And stop saying 'web bot,' it #s up the web bot!

[edit on 1-12-2008 by zig-zag-zig123]

re-reading my post... i can't say #? alright gotta edit again HAHAH.

[edit on 1-12-2008 by zig-zag-zig123]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by nydsdan
The web bot is not an exact science.

Quite right.

It's not a science/scientific at all.

Check this apparent prediction from the web bot:

"There will be an untimely demise for millions by
2012, brought upon by some combination of
pandemics, economic collapse, breakdown of
health care and unknown energies from space."

Talk about keeping your options open, especially since millions of people die each year anyway through disease, bad economics and poor health care!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Hey how many days are left????

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
Hey how many days are left????

its supposed to happen between dec 10 and 15th.

but lets get this out there now.

IF nothing happens will all of you quit trying to push web bot on us or will we have more false propecies?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
To be honest I don't know anything about the topic. But I am a full blown Christian and believe we're in the end of times. So I just keep a eye out for the possibilities. God bless

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Of note...

Earthquakes in St. Louis

Another Madrid Fault Line Story

Quake would hit Tennessee the hardest

FEMA warns of New Madrid Fault disaster

I found literally dozens of other news articles and links discussing this. I wonder if the Webbot is picking up on these news stories or something else? I have found the webbot to be a somewhat accurate predictor of events and have followed it for some time.

It seems like the New madrid Fault has been very active recently.

Edited to add: that although, "New Madrid" doesn't appear very often in the preceding link of area quakes, that is the whole of the New Madrid Fault Line and Basin. Look at the geography of where those quakes were recorded and you will see that about 90% of the clusters are along the New Madrid Fault.

Looks like we'll have to wait and see...

[edit on 1-12-2008 by kozmo]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I think it's rubbish, but at least we have a date.. one more nail in the coffin for Internet based predictions. Nothing like a solid event you can clamp your jaws onto, and see how it pans out!

If I typed a bunch of stuff into this engine like "world peace" and "fluffy" and "rainbows" and "unicorns," I'm sure I'd get endless predictions of a happy paradise in our future. It only comes up with the stuff because people assume the worst.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Found this...

Map of Central US Earthquakes

Seems to show a cluster of quakes within the last 6 months along the New Madrid.

Also a 30 year map of earthquakes olong New Madrid seems to map out very accurately the fault line in question.

USGS Survey Data of the area for those interested in understanding the threat better.

And finally, an article discussing differing theories on quakes in the region.

Again, I'm not saying it will or it won't, but for the sake of argument, it is far better to understand the threat as opposed to simply dismissing it out of hand. This threat is real and entirely possible - now whether or not the webbot can accurately predict it remains to be seen. Again, we shall now in a matter of weeks.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
ok, first off, i personally think this should be in survival, but that's just me. now, let's just thank him for brining it to our attention, instead of arguing about over whether or not it will happen, or won't, or whether it's impossible to predict or any other crap, let's face it, it's there, so, the best thing do to if you don't agree is just read the post and be done. and i find it a little funny that it seems like the majority of the people complaining (i didn't read every post) don't live anywhere near the new madrid. being from mississippi, and living in louisiana now, i've known this could happen for a while, did i know about a prediction, or date? no. but now i do and i thank the OP for bringing that to my attention. am i gonna freak out and get hysterical? no. am i gonna run out and buy cases of mre's? no need, i keep 3 cases on hand , but what i will do is take all my stuff off the wall, out of the cabinets and just see.

oh, and what's up with all the bboy crap? i mean really, come on.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
People on this site almost seem to cling onto disaster predictions like a comfort blanket. Everyone sits waiting with baited breath morbidly waiting for apocalypse to come, and it never even does. Right now somebody is probably reading this and thinking "What if this time it does..."

Edit:

And it turns out that this prediction was made from an internet bot? Please do not pay those things the slightest attention at all. Only someone with the flimsiest understanding of artificial intelligence could think these programs are useful for such things. These things have no AI as such, as has already been pointed out, these things just compile a load of gibberish from search engines and mash it up until it comes up with something resembling a prediction. This is no "Ghost in the shell" technology.

[edit on 1-12-2008 by unnamedninja]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
webot is CRAP.... its not a prediction software, it simply sees this crap that we write and thinks it could happen ... thats all ... if we all stop writing this # on the net... then wont be no webot

True it was not originally intended to be a "predictor" it's original idea was to be a "forecaster" of stocks by analyzing the economical data released on the web. So a couple guys could get rich quick by having the program logically sift through numbers and dates then make educated guesses of the rise and fall of stocks..

Therefor there would still be a webbot analyzing economical data whether we stopped posting or not.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
What knows...

i just will know to be on my toes for that week...

If the CPU monitor starts to shake, im out the window...

Give the Webots a chance...

Is it was some old hag that is burning tea leafs, and flipping cards over...

Would that make you belive it more???

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero

Is it was some old hag that is burning tea leafs, and flipping cards over...

Would that make you belive it more???

it depends .. is she sexy?

seriously i followed the web bot threads and have not seen a single one im impressed with but i am very open to the idea it might work. i rather believe technology then a 2 thousand year old book.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Thanks forget all those people that have more time to argue than to do their own research. I hope they get their chance in the sun to tell you they told you so!

Whats a couple more hundred dollars and another closet full of tuna fish? Its not like food prices are going down anyway, I think planning is much better than starving. Even if something doesn't happen you might be able to get through any other event. While everyone is spending money on Wii's this year I will be stocking up.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Let's pose the question. . . what if you were in the government and believed that a sizeable earthquake was due to hit in some region of the country? What if the area in question was so large, you couldn't possibly evacuate everyone? What would you do?

You would PREPARE. It seems to me the government is doing just that:

12/1 Military Seeks To Boost Domestic Security
11/13 Largest Earthquake Drill in History -- CALIFORNIA
12/1 - 12/12 Largest Ever International Rescue Drill at Military Base -- ARIZONA
11/28 earthquakes could be warning -- ARKANSAS
12/1 Schools Hold Earthquake Drills -- IRAN
11/29 Verde Valley Trains for Earthquake Rescues -- ARIZONA
11/28 -- Drills Held For Big Earthquake -- JAPAN
11/26 -- Are You Ready For The Big One -- OREGON
11/2 1 Community Sites Tested for Disasters -- SEATTLE

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I don't think this method works in predicting natural phenomena, unless the people are highly aware of the event beforehand. Economic collapses should be easily predicted because people generally have an idea whether or not such an event would be probable. Unless there is a lot of data going throughout the Internet, regarding such earthquakes, then you really can't predict something such as a natural disaster.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Looks like a random bunch of gibberish to me and given all the failed predictions from anything in the last 10 years I am too jaded to even remotely believe in this one.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Went to urbansurvival.com to find the article that was posted. It's on this page. (You have to scroll down a bit to find it but it's clearly labeled.)

Friday November 21, 2008
Two Quakes in Three Weeks...

The 'details' on this kind of thing are always sketchy; sorry we can't get down to the specific city. At the moment, however, it looks like at least one of the two quakes will be inside the band 32 to 36-degrees latitude and that one of the quakes will be noticed as having 5 pretty distinct/large aftershocks of some consequence.

Moreover, one of the quakes (the first?) will be associated with fertile plains where things are grow, while the second will be associated with "dancing mountains" although not sure (again, this is a new science) which of these will come first. Seems Pacific Ring of Fire, in one case, too.

One of the quakes will also be noted for causing "isolation" to the point that other countries will be sending aid - and it's possible that the quake with the isolation could be U.S. centered.

There are several competing scenarios that seem to fall out of interpretation of modelspace. The main feature is that first one quake, then the other within a few days later. There's also something of a hyperdimensional physics relationship. Such that wherever the first quake is, the second one will happen in antipodal fashion, but not necessarily antipodal in a strict plain/ball geometry kind of way; rather it seems to be the kind that advance hyperdimensional physics would lay out.

Now, some of the possibilities, just to give you a sense of how it could play out...

Could be something in North America, Hawaii, or Alaska for #1 (with a lesser chance of the Pacific Northwest) In this case, the antipode might be India/Pakistan. Less chance: Back to China for another big one.

Another possibility would be the first quake being in Indonesia, in which case antipodes of California, (or in the band Texas over to New Madrid's southern reaches) Mexico, or Ecuador might fit.

Or, it might be something like Chile for one, then China. Or, it might be China first, then in one of the 'Stans.

Sorry, until we get to within 3-days, the quakes are still in the 'firming up' in modelspace mode for now. Sometimes, once we get inside 3-days, things get much firmer, so please drop by around December 8-9-10, and let's see if the resolution gets better.

Figured I'd copy and paste for those who won't go to the site and scroll down.

There has been a lot of talk lately about the New Madrid zone so it's possible that the webbot has picked up on that, but it is also possible that there has been so much talk about it because the webbot was picking up on it. (If that makes sense.. It does to me, but if my phrasing confuses anyone just ask and I'll try to clarify what I mean.) There have been massive quakes in this region before, there have also been not so massive ones in the recent past, so it is not that far out there to say that it can and will happen again.

First one I remember happening in the southern Indiana region was in late 2001. I'd never been in an earthquake before, but I knew what it was before it was confirmed on the news. The last one had it's own thread here, originated in Illinois but I felt it about 200 miles away. The last one was stronger than the first. There is every reason to think the next one we have will be even stronger than the last two.

Telling people to be prepared in case we have another one in the region that is strong enough to disrupt power and prevent emergency services from reaching those who need help is not a bad thing. It's something that needs to be done. Better to be prepared and not need it, than not be prepared and not have what you need.

Back to the stuff I quoted, I got chills reading it. I'm not going to go crazy earthquake proofing the house, if that's even possible with a house that's 80+ years old, but I do have more food than necessary just in case I can't get any more for awhile. (Whether it's because of an earthquake, job loss or whatever.) It won't last more than a month, but that will hopefully be enough in the event of a catastrophe. Water heater's in the basement so I don't have to worry about scalding water around my kids, and it's bolted down so it shouldn't tip over anyway. So my bases are covered and if there is no earthquake, I still have extra food.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join