It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only 10 days Left-Until Predicted Huge Earthquakes

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I live in Tennesse,about 30 miles from reelfoot lake(the lake that formed after the 1811-1812 new madrid earthquake) according to the USGS we have several tremors daily.They don't amount to much 1.2 and the like.
People just don't realize that the New Madrid fault is huge! A major quake could happen anywhere along the fault line. St.Louis,Memphis,even New Orleans are along the major fault.The branch faults are just as dangerous yet seldom recognized.
I don't know much about web-bot predictions,but according to geological records,we are way over due for a major quake.(average between 150 and 200 years). If I live thru the quake,I'm prepared to survive!!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by seabisquit

Tennessee, Tennessee, Tennessee, Tennessee, Tennessee, Tennessee, Tennessee, Tennessee, Tennessee, Tennessee, Tennessee, Tennessee,

Better you than me......Sorry

Tennessee............................................................................................................................................. ...............................

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Look at this everyone I haven't seen this much activity worldwide ever.

Look at the Middle-east the whole area is lit up with quake flags, that I can not even see the map underneath.

Disaster Alerts Worldwide

Not much in the US, but there is a lot going on in the ME.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Who gives a crap if it happens on cue.
It's not a competition to destruction.

This sums it up perfectly!

Credit to "earthchild" for that quote

[edit on 1-12-2008 by Muundoggie]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I remember reading in The Globe or The Enquirer or The Weekly Sun or one of those rags about 5 or 6 years ago that a quake in Tennesse would cause the Mississippi/Missouri river splitting the Continental U.S. in half.

Wow.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
actually you are wrong - it said Oct. 7th would be the start of an emotional release for 6 months and the percurser to it would be Sept 23-27th - Paulson came out on Sept 23rd, saying they needed 700 billion for bailouts.

No, actualy you're wrong. That's what they said on one occasion, but they initially said that Oct 7th would be a HUGE event. No huge event happened on that day. Most of the economic news had happened in the previous weeks. The way their system works is to pick up on human emotion of a great event before it happens. So then their assertion would only work if something massive happened on Oct. 7th which released much human emotion. That day was relatively calm, therefor the bases of their system was disproven.

Also what about the mid November prediction?
We're supposed to be eating out of trashcans now with NO economy.

Originally posted by questioningall
So they actually have a Great record.

About as 'great' as nostradamus.

Originally posted by Muundoggie
You say Tenn NEVER has earthquakes? Look at this list that shows plenty of activity in Tenn. Small as they may be they are still considered earthquakes
folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...

"small as they may be" is the key portion of your reply.
That's my point.
Tennessee isn't well known for its earthquakes as California is.
When you say a deadly earthquake will hit the US, most people would assume California.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

WebBot said it'd be in the Pacific Northwest (where I am
)

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by anotherdad

Tennessee, Tennessee, Tennessee, Tennessee, Tennessee, Tennessee, Tennessee, Tennessee, Tennessee, Tennessee, Tennessee, Tennessee,

Better you than me......Sorry

Tennessee............................................................................................................................................. ...............................

Yeah - but it doesn't say Tennessee - there is just a discussion about it - it has forecasted the Pacifc area - just where you are!

So..... all I can say is Pacific Pacific Pacific ..........better you than me.
Sorry!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I check the earthquake map on a daily basis and I can tell you that activity has been increasing over the past two months all over the world.

This isn't tinfoil hat stuff, it isn't Blossom Goodchild crap, nor is it fear mongering. There IS something worth watching here. People have been discussing an earthquake possibility for several months.

There have been 190 earthquakes in the past six months in the Central and Southern US regions. Utah has been having earthquakes recently; California is as active as always. There is some weird activity with volcanoes and earthquakes in Alaska, in the past couple of months multiple volcanoes erupted at the same time.

If it was just the web bot alone, I'd blow it off, especially when they put the numbers affected at somewhere between 2.2 million and 22 million. That seems a tad high, and if that many were affected, the resulting problems would likely last longer and be bigger than the initial disaster.

The web bot alone doesn't do much for me, but when I see how the military is behaving, I get concerned. When you have the government doing the largest practice drills ever and in multiple locations, you have to believe something is happening.

It's like when they do terror drills and then there is a terror event. Given that Arizona is running the largest rescue drill with an international team between now and December 12, my bet is on California for December 11.

The name of the training is called Angel Thunder, and it is noted that, "a major part of training will center on a mock earthquake in a foreign country near a combat zone." Odd that they are doing the drills in Arizona when their hasn't been much seismic activity in that state. So perhaps the government is figuring on Los Angeles as a possible target area with evacuees going to Arizona and New Mexico.

It's not a situation of "I told you so" where you don't expect UFO's over Alabama; this is a plausible situation and worth mentioning.

Researchers have made great strides in earthquake prediction. If it was in Southern California, there's no way you could evacuate the area in less than a few weeks. No one is saying you need to do anything, other than be aware of it.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The earthquakes could very well happen along the New Madrid fault line or along the Hayward fault line (in the Pacific Northwest that runs through San Fransisco).

According to scientists, a New Madrid earthquake measuring over 7.5 on the Richter scale could generally be expected to take place every 200 to 300 years. Such a quake now would trigger destruction in up to twenty states and cause billions of dollars in damage at population centers. The quakes of 1811–12 were comprised of approximately 2,000 tremors, some of which would measure over 8.0 on today’s Richter scale. For several years afterward, there were hundreds of aftershocks. The only reason there was not a catastrophic loss of life from that earthquake was that the area was very sparsely settled. Witnesses reported upheavals so severe that the Mississippi River ran backwards and changed course. Those quakes also formed Tennessee’s Reelfoot Lake by submerging more than ten square miles of land. In addition, huge tracts of land in northeast Arkansas sank into the earth, creating the “sunken lands,” which were uninhabitable for decades. Rich farmland disappeared into the earth or was covered in sand.

New Madrid Fault

An earthquake of M6.8 or greater on the Hayward Fault, in the heart of the San Francisco Bay area, is increasingly likely. The last major earthquake on the Hayward Fault was in 1868, 140 years ago: research by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) and others indicate the past five such earthquakes have been 140 years apart on average.

Hayward Fault

[edit on 1-12-2008 by beast87]

[edit on 1-12-2008 by beast87]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Well, i have noticed ALOT of stuff regarding Earthquakes, Volcanoes, ect, on Tv and in the media of late! Anyone else? Am in the UK.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

According to newly updated information from members of the 1868 Hayward Earthquake Alliance, a major earthquake on the Hayward fault would impact more than 5 million people and property and contents valued in excess of $1.5 trillion in the six counties surrounding the fault. If the 1868 earthquake were to reoccur today, Risk Management Solutions (RMS) estimates total economic losses to residential and commercial properties would likely exceed $165 billion. Other factors, such as fire, damage to infrastructure and related disruption would substantially increase the loss.

In marked contrast to Hurricane Katrina where uninsured losses were approximately 60 to 70 percent of total economic losses, more than 95 percent of projected Hayward Fault earthquake residential losses and 85 percent of commercial losses will be uninsured.

Hawyard Fault

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I'm in TN as well and sitting atop the New Madrid. The info is interesting and I appreciate you posting it!

BTW my husband works with the TN Fema Disaster blah blah team and USGS

[edit on 1-12-2008 by Bachrk]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Where did you read/hear about this? His website, syzygyjob.com, hasn't been updated in months. If you could provide the source of your information, that would be great! Thanks...

Originally posted by seabisquit
Jim Birkland, the man who correctly predicted the Northridge earthquake and many others, has set the window at Dec. 11th-18th.

He believes it will be on the west coast anywhere from Seattle to LA and gives it 80% probability for a 7.0 or greater.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
Look at this everyone I haven't seen this much activity worldwide ever.

Look at the Middle-east the whole area is lit up with quake flags, that I can not even see the map underneath.

Disaster Alerts Worldwide

Not much in the US, but there is a lot going on in the ME.

The South and Central American Countries are certainly seeing quite a bit of Volcanic Activity. They say that the Andes mountains and Sierra Nevada / Cascade Range are connected, wonder if we should start seeing some Volcanic activity flare up sometime soon.

If the Cascade Range flares up (Mt. St. Helens, Mt. Hood, Mt. Rainier), it may also affect the YellowStone volcano as it connects to that range via the Colorado Plateau.

If volcanic activity flares up in the Sierra Nevada Range (Mt. Lassen, Mt. Shasta, Mammoth Mt.) it may affect the San Andreas / San Gabriel / San Jacinto faults as they are interconnected.

I've noticed Alaska of late producing several noteable volcanic eruptions... so the Sierra Nevada / Cascade regions are well over due.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
can anyone explain what bladder and bowel release has to do with an earthquake? i dont see the relationship

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm06002
can anyone explain what bladder and bowel release has to do with an earthquake? i dont see the relationship

If a high rise building collapses on lots of people....well you get the picture I'm sure.

And vomiting is for all the people that see the carnage afterward, just an assumption.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by VelmaLu
I check the earthquake map on a daily basis and I can tell you that activity has been increasing over the past two months all over the world.

This isn't tinfoil hat stuff, it isn't Blossom Goodchild crap, nor is it fear mongering. There IS something worth watching here. People have been discussing an earthquake possibility for several months.

There have been 190 earthquakes in the past six months in the Central and Southern US regions. Utah has been having earthquakes recently; California is as active as always. There is some weird activity with volcanoes and earthquakes in Alaska, in the past couple of months multiple volcanoes erupted at the same time.

If it was just the web bot alone, I'd blow it off, especially when they put the numbers affected at somewhere between 2.2 million and 22 million. That seems a tad high, and if that many were affected, the resulting problems would likely last longer and be bigger than the initial disaster.

The web bot alone doesn't do much for me, but when I see how the military is behaving, I get concerned. When you have the government doing the largest practice drills ever and in multiple locations, you have to believe something is happening.

It's like when they do terror drills and then there is a terror event. Given that Arizona is running the largest rescue drill with an international team between now and December 12, my bet is on California for December 11.

The name of the training is called Angel Thunder, and it is noted that, "a major part of training will center on a mock earthquake in a foreign country near a combat zone." Odd that they are doing the drills in Arizona when their hasn't been much seismic activity in that state. So perhaps the government is figuring on Los Angeles as a possible target area with evacuees going to Arizona and New Mexico.

It's not a situation of "I told you so" where you don't expect UFO's over Alabama; this is a plausible situation and worth mentioning.

Researchers have made great strides in earthquake prediction. If it was in Southern California, there's no way you could evacuate the area in less than a few weeks. No one is saying you need to do anything, other than be aware of it.

that sounds like a huge cop-out to me. you actually really believe something claiming thousands of lives might happen in the California region ... yet you're not willing to do anything to save them?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Just my 2 cents, but if you read up on the historic quakes on the new madrid fault you may understand the use of words such as vomit...in some of the survivor accounts they decribed sand and sulfer being "belched" from the ground upwards of 10 feet into the air, also there are pics of trees, roots and all sitting upright on top of the ground where they were again "belched" out....this could be interpreted as the ground vomiting...couldn't it?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
here is the thing ...

if i had a program that predicted future events and i knew for sure that 300,000 people were going to die or go missing ... damn straight i'd do everything in my power to alert the appropriate authorities about it and to save as many lives as i could with my warning.

i wouldn't care if anybody thought me a kook, i wouldn't worry about being thrown in a nuthouse or jail ... it'd all be a small sacrifice for the lives of 300,000 people no?

so how come these web bot people aren't throwing out warnings?

(damn ... it's freaky that as i'm writing this there's a massive thunder storm going on right outside my window, lol. it's like it's trying to distract me and tell me to stfu, lol )

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join