It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 648
<< 645  646  647    649  650  651 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

The same way that the bill that Congress wants to pass to "save" union workers in California jobs and other states, but rather than cutting the salaries they are to maintain their wages from 100 thousand to 200 hundred thousand because is a pay back deal.

Local Jobs for America Act, H.R. 4812, the only local jobs to be save are union workers jobs.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
www.setimes.com...
Angry Romanian farmers block government building

Thousands of farmers blocked the area around the government building in Bucharest on Tuesday (May 11th), demanding the resignation of all officials at the Agriculture and Rural Development Ministry, due to alleged incompetence. The protestors, who arrived by tractors they parked outside the cabinet's headquarters, are demanding government subsidies for fuel and irrigation water that they say are late.

In other news Tuesday, the country's five biggest labour unions announced they are planning four days of protests outside the government and presidential building in Bucharest. They are demonstrating against what the unions describe as the "unacceptable measures" hammered out by the government and the IMF. The protests begin on Thursday.

news.ph.msn.com...
Romania pensioners in the streets against austerity cuts

Thousands of Romanian pensioners rallied Wednesday in Bucharest and other cities against the government's planned austerity measures, local media reported.

In the capital city, a thousand elderly people staged a rally in front of the presidential palace, calling on President Traian Basescu to resign.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

It isn't just Europe either...

You have Thailand...

Bolivians stage indefinite general strike
news.bbc.co.uk...

Nepal Maoists end unpopular strike
english.aljazeera.net...

Egyptians Protest 30 Years of Emergency Law
www1.voanews.com...

The whole freakin' World is about fed up!

Then there's this...

German Windfall Profits From Exiting The Euro
www.financialsense.com...

Germany is a nation that fears inflation for good historical reason, and among the nations of the world, Germany places a particularly high priority on price stability. Yet, so long as Germany remains in the European Economic and Monetary Union (EMU) with the euro as its currency, Germany may not be in control of German inflation. In particular, the current crisis with Greece, and the crises that may follow with other nations such as Portugal, Italy, Spain and Ireland may prove disastrous for German investors and taxpayers. For so long as it is in the EMU, Germany may have no effective choice but to bail out countries that have been running up huge deficits – despite Germany itself not having the economic capacity to do this for all of Europe on an indefinite basis, let alone the political will to do so. These are among the reasons why in a letter to clients late last week, Morgan Stanley warned that Germany may leave the euro and the EMU and that investors should be prepared for this event.

If this event happens, it may create an enormous financial windfall for millions of individual Germans, as well as German companies, not to mention the German government. While leaving the monetary union is still far from certain as Germany also has strong economic and political incentives to stay in the EMU, in this article we will say “what if” and explore some of the startling benefits for nations and individuals of quickly exiting a failing monetary union – as well as the many perils. But while the specifics of this article are about Germany (and France), the implications go far beyond Germans and Germany (although there are very important implications for arbitrage opportunities with German companies). Rather, in this world of financial crisis and sovereign debt crisis, there are powerful related wealth and financial security implications for individuals in every country.

(Please note that the European economic and monetary union (the EMU) is not the same thing as the European Union (the EU), and Germany may potentially leave the monetary EMU without exiting the political EU.)

EU wants to vet national budgets
www.google.com...

[edit on 5/12/2010 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Coffinman

Do you live in Europe or GB or something?

You always seemed quite concerned with that side of the Atlantic.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

na, i live in new york, its just that europe is where things are goin down at the moment is all.. greece intrigues me, they are at the frontlines.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Cool man

I didn't think you were but your avatar threw me off

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

While corporations are boasting excellent profits, the world is lit by revolution...

They should be reminded of 1789...

Chop, chop...

Peasants don't read Wall Street Journal

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
While I am very happy that even developing countries still have the right to take to the streets and fight back policies, we here in the US do nothing to the rape and gouging of the American hard working tax payer.

I guess we have become a nation of oppressed people that still trust what the political rats are doing to us while they laugh all the way to their corrupted financial institutions.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Yes, but the wolves haven't turned on us YET marg. It is mathematically impossible for the US to escape its fate at this point. When we go down, there is NONE that can bail us out. The printing press cannot save us, it will only make it worse.

That's why I don't focus on the 'when' so much. We need to prepare for ourselves and our families NOW! In other words, having this kind of knowledge is to be 'used' for something other than self torture.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
business.timesonline.co.uk...
Spain unveils new austerity plan to cut deficit

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by HimWhoHathAnEar

What other countries are doing to their people in rush of "emergency" is been happening here in the US in installment bases.

States raising taxes to balance their budgets.

Denigration of the work force.

Denigration of working conditions.

Forced bailouts to support private corporations.

Passing the burden of debt on the tax payer at the expenses of generations to come.

Laws enacted with disregard of what the voter and tax payer wants.

Sorry to say this but in our nations things are happening already when it comes to government control of the citizens but no in emergency bills but on going taken here and there when it comes to policies.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
can I just say, what a crazy day!!!!
I'm going to have to stop wearing my gold jewelry, I'm suddenly very valuable

tight range on Euro right now, overnight might get interesting again.

nicefind greenbicman, wonders how JBL is doing, haven't seen him on FOX lately, but then again I haven't been watching FOX

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Yes, I hear what you're saying. It is frustrating that a nations people who were once the freest are allowing this thing to be pushed out to a point of no return.

But it is what it is and there is really no way back. Once the market turns on the UK and US to short their bonds, it's over. And why wouldn't they? Greed knows no allegiance. Banks are running the world, not countries.

So the question becomes, 'if you new for a certainty that the food distribution system would break down at some level within the next 6 months to a year, what would you do?'

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I see a EPIC FAIL...

As Market Ticker & Zero Hedge says...you can't ween a addict with more drugs...

NWO...my AZZ...no sovereign country will lay down now...

...Just a matter of time...

Watch and be amazed...NOT...

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Well taking into consideration that the rats in our nation are already working on control of food supplies modifying a bill that will make illegal to grow your own food supplies I guess we will be collected into camps unable to use what nature gave us the right to use because corporate wants that right too.

Sen. John McCain’s (R-Ariz.) Dietary Supplement Bill, S. 3002

the FDA’s control over the right to grow, own, trade, transport, share, serve or eat every food under the sun or morsel that one chooses to put into one’s mouth. The government would be in charge of managing and controlling every aspect of agriculture and food, from seeds to chemicals to animals and their waste; from producers to sellers to consumers, nothing would be safe from their intrusive grasp. It would be a jungle of regulatory schemes and rules that would choke the existing free market food system. It is in essence, a government takeover of food.

And we still allow this to happen.

www.jbs.org...

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

we will be collected into camps

Consider that 14 Million guns were sold in the US last year alone. Enough to arm all of the world largest armies. And that there are 350 million total. One for every man woman and child in the US. Add to that Ammo production has had a hard time keeping up with demand.

I'm not so worried about control by the gov't as I am about all-on anarchy, ie Katrina. I wouldn't want to be the one to preside over a collapse of the dollar, SS, MCR, MCD, 401k,etc

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Well taking into consideration that the rats in our nation are already working on control of food supplies modifying a bill that will make illegal to grow your own food supplies I guess we will be collected into camps unable to use what nature gave us the right to use because corporate wants that right too.

Sen. John McCain’s (R-Ariz.) Dietary Supplement Bill, S. 3002

the FDA’s control over the right to grow, own, trade, transport, share, serve or eat every food under the sun or morsel that one chooses to put into one’s mouth. The government would be in charge of managing and controlling every aspect of agriculture and food, from seeds to chemicals to animals and their waste; from producers to sellers to consumers, nothing would be safe from their intrusive grasp. It would be a jungle of regulatory schemes and rules that would choke the existing free market food system. It is in essence, a government takeover of food.

And we still allow this to happen.

www.jbs.org...

Why, this is the basic pillar of all states - hoarding food in one place under the control of an organized and armed group of idle-minded thugs and criminals.

This is how city-states were created in the first place - gathering all people from one tribe-territory into one fortified place called "city" or "polis", actually a concentration camp. Then enforcing labor from the "less worth" non-citizens, and plundering everything they wanted (insatiably).

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Ok...

Then we shouldn't help you when ~they~ come to take you away?

Ok...

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Were you planning on it? Didn't think so.

I'm more worried about food than I am 'them'. You see, I detect a certain hope that people have that gov't is to be loved and feared at the same time. As in, 'yes they may enslave me, but they'll get me three hots and a cot.' Kind of like the people in Katrina found out, the gov't ain't all powerful and we need to be ready to take care of ourselves best we can.
There simply is no excuse not to have ones bases covered.

I refuse to sit and complain about gov't now and then turn around when they don't show up and blame them again. Pointless.

new topics

top topics

<< 645  646  647    649  650  651 >>

join