It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazilian UFO Flap Colares

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I happened to catch UFO Files last night which featured a case I had never heard of. It involves 40 people with strange burns caused by contact with a light from a UFO. 2 women died. One was taken to care center unreponsive another was stiff as a board after contact with the light- both died. Many people had strange scoop marks and what appeared to be radiation burns.

Brazilian military investigated this incident. So who says they( or at least some) are not hostile.

To read more
www.uforc.com...

The case occurred in 1977

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
As with any UFO phenomenon, a large percentage of what is reported can turn out to be hoax or misinterpretation.
In this case it could possibly be mass hysteria.

However, there were some unexplained elements to the stories.

The Alien grabbing Captain Hollanda from behind is quite refreshing though!

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
On UFO Files the Dr thought mass hysteria. Still two young women died of unexplained cause. 40 had these burn marks. They showed them on UFO files. Everytime several see the same thing it is mass hysteria. Phoenix, Stephenville ...I don't think I even buy the concept of mass hysteria. If a hundred people see something and I don't I still don't. Granted not everyone may be that way. Still a lot of physical evidence including testimony from one of the military officers sent there. The military took many photos.(of course public doesn't have those). After a time apparently they phenomenon disappeared. It was interesting show if you happen to catch it.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
the fact that alot of good ufo photos were released by the Brazalian gov. and what was kept hidden, this is the BEST case ever. Imagine how great the still classified photos look.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I saw there were quite a few hits to Brazilian UFO, many dealing with this case. I checked a couple but really didn't see any photos. IF you know of photos that would be great to see.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Author Jacques Vallee went to Brazil to investigate these cases.
In his book “Confrontations” part 5, chapter 13. He describes this case
And more of the northern Brazil sightings. And recently, in a C2C interview,
He tells more about them that he did not put in his book. If you are interested in this case, I would highly recommend that you read this book.
I checked out a copy of this book from my local library. He was there,
Talked to the witnesses, saw the Brazilian Air force photos (some are in the
Book). These cases are, in my opinion, some of the most compelling in the world. As he points out in his book, these folks in these very remote parts
Of the “Interior” a vast region of jungles, forests and swamps might have
1 telephone for an entire village or “fazenda”. These people, are without doubt, closer to nature than any scientist. There is a lot more to this story than just the Colares, Brazil story. I urge you to read the rest of the story.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Thanks, I may try to get that book. I agree I have read much on various UFO incidents over the years and I rank this up near the top..You have testimony of military, dozens of witnesses, physical evidence.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Best case ever. Roswell? OK. AJ Gevaerd. Petitt. Brazil didn't really release anything of value... Colares is a favorite! We want to sail there at some point. For those with an interest:

UFO Files - Brazil's Roswell 1

UFO Files - Brazil's Roswell 2

UFO Files - Brazil's Roswell 3

UFO Files - Brazil's Roswell 4

UFO Files - Brazil's Roswell 5

The man who was "suicided" did leave us a message... gotta listen.

Vic

EDIT: to switch to YouTube from GoogleVid... sorry.

[edit on 8-3-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I think this is one of the best UFO cases, and I even think that it was wrong to call it "Brazilian Roswell" because it is better (in my opinion) than Roswell.

Many witnesses, studied by the military, the only thing that is missing is the publishing of all the data gathered, even if it was inconclusive (as it probably was).

One of the links at the bottom of the page posted by BlackProjects has some PDF files that are supposedly some of the reports from the military, but they are obviously in Portuguese.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
On the show it showed quite a few drawings made by the military. They were pretty detailed. In addition to any photos it would be interesting to come across those.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Thanks for putting the show up here Kaminski, It was on at around 3AM
here and i did not get to see it all. Show seems very well done, I hope
the cases get more attention.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by V Kaminski

Very interesting programme, I am inclined to agree with the theory that the occupants of these craft may well have been taking blood and tissue samples in order to find protection for themselves against the various diseases that inhabit the Earth.
Incidently, early one morning, around year 1999/2000, my wife and I saw one of the craft depicted in the sketches, it was the tear drop shaped one. As it flew over, the tail 'flipped' from side to side, it was about eight hundred feet up, of further interest,possibly, is that a 'sculpture' was put on display in New York City some time back that was virtually identical.
Regards,
Horsegiver.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

I did not saw the videos (I hate videos
), were the drawings like these?

(You must click the images to see them in their full size)

These images were taken from the PDF files that are mentioned before, available here.

I will try to make a translated version of the text on the drawings and post some translated texts from the PDF files.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Awesome ArMap. High-five.
The lady Doctor who was affected is most interesting. BTW: AJG has many other reports about this since that show was produced... uh, my file copy is dated 2005. There was a small flap in Chile late last October/early November that I hope he or someone equally capable has a look at.

This '77 event has so many different craft and effects and subterfuge it's just awesome... and unfortunately very, very old. I want to go there and soak up some of the local flavor... spend a week or two first-person.

Cheers,

Vic

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by V Kaminski

I don't know if this is the doctor you talked about, but here goes.

Wellaide Cecim Carvalho, age 24, superior studies doctor - general practicioner date/time - 16 and 22 October 1977, at 18:30 and 19:30

Dr. Wellaide said she saw and observed in the dates and times respectively cited above; Luminous object (metallic shine), making evolutions over the front part of the city (Cajueiro beach) NE, at low altitude (100m), at an estimated distance of 1500m, without making the slightest noise. She described the objects thus: cylindric-conic shape (upper part smaller) apparent size calculated by the distance 3.00 m length by 2.00 m diameter; moving in an irregular way (vertical position according to its longitudinal axis), accentuated lateral balancing, sometimes making small stops and turning on itself. She said she observed it clearly, being accompanied at the time by other people in front of the local hospital.

Interviewed by elements of the team, among other declarations, she said that: To preserve her ethical and professional reputation she did not make as complete a statement about the people that say that they were affected by "light beam" of unknown origin (she attended four cases). She said that beside the nervous crisis, her patients showed other symptoms, like paralysis (partial body numbness), showing a difference to the common "nervous crisis" symptoms, where the affected areas are the extremities. Her patients said they had headaches, asthenia, dizziness, generalised trembling and most important first degree burns, and also marks of microperforations. According to their sex, the men over the neck (jugular) and the women, correction, the woman (it was only one case) over the breast.

She asked reservations about her personal opinion; she believes in the facts that have been happening in the region; she does not doubt that there may be latter consequences in those affected.

To end, she said that she had not noticed anhemic alterations; she does not believe that the victims had their blood sucked...?! But regarding their being hit by a light beam of unknown characteristics, she thinks it very viable, based on the exams and clinical observation of her patients.

She has in her possesion a communication addressed to the Health Secretary of the state, that she did not send by fear of being ridiculled (see tape).

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

That's the lady ArMap... it would be interesting to spend a day or two chatting with the locals. I think it very well could be "something"... no real proof, but one can get an impression of the situation from recollections of others... no real "need" to prove anything beyond personal edification.

Cheers,

Vic

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Whoah, never actually have heard of this case (pretty new to the whole UFO thing.) Really amazing stuff. This really sounds even better than Roswell. One thing that came to my mind is, that they might be trying to scare inhabitants of the island off...but that makes little sense, because things like that only attract military.
Also, the paralyzing thing is mentioned in a lot of ufo cases (talking about the cases, when it seems like sleep paralysis. Judging by this, there might be a little more than just sleep paralysis in some of the cases... )
Also, if the guy that was interviewed did see an ET being, and it actually told him that it means no harm (I think he has no reason to lie, he used to be military so why the heck should he make things up, too risky ) then those two people probably did die from heart attacks...heck, i guarantee you, if i were in the place of those people, there would be like 90% that i would have a heart attack.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

BlackProjects, thanks for bringing to our attention one of the best UFO cases ever (IMHO).
Thanks also to Vic for taking the time of posting those amazing vids, and for the other nice posts.

And, ArMap: glad to have you on this one, and glad to share your opinion about this case:
if it's not "better" than Roswell, then it's at least much more well documented (in my opinion, of course)

I wish to add some cross-reference links to this one, hoping that this helps especially those who are interested in taking a look at this case for the first/one of the first/ time: this case, deserves much attention, IMHO

AboveTopSecret.com Links:

Some external links:

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Someone please explain the concept of "mass hysteria" to me.

I'm not even a big UFO follower, I just don't find that to be a believable explaination. Are we talking mass hysteria of people who are around each other?

Or are they trying to say that people in different locations are all acting in the same irrational manner as each other?

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
i'm from South Brazil

and this is one of the big cases here in the country, i wouldn't dare to say this is the brazillian roswell, i think the varginha case has a lot more to do with it in context. But this one is amazing! has been researched and reviewed to death in the last 3 years since our gov came opening their files about UFOS (there are lots and lots and lots of stuff undisclosed yet they "kindly" released 10% or 20% of the stuff i think) mostly this case and the "operação prato" (saucer operation) are the best documented UFO cases we have here, in fact, the guys from www.ufo.com.br (Brazil's UFO Magazine) are re-starting their campaign of disclosure now in a effort to try and release more of the docs, photos, drawings and archives etc that the gov/military haven't released yet. There were 3 or 4 editions of the UFO magazine here covering this case in explicit details in the last 2 years. Many revelations.. but in the end.. as much as things come forward.. everything still ignored and buried as the same, no one gives a f*** about anything. Even with 400 military documents publicly disclosed online and on the magazine on a special edition, everything remains the same and nothing changed.

The most scandalous and big event we ever had was the varginha case. I believe it will come forward one day, sooner than roswell maybe. or after it. I never forget when it happened, the country was in shock for a week or two, i never forget the faces of the girls on tv which suposedly saw the creature. I've never seen anyone so scared to death, in fear and traumatized before. Poor ones... Later it was revealed that the military offered money for them and their families to shut up, that didn't worked. So the military threated them, and yet they've come forward aswell.. thankfully nothing bad happened. well enough off topic, i just needed to express this thing out, i hate these SOBS.

Personally, i don't think that disclosing a case like this one discussed here on this thread will ever have any effect on our society and the world as we know it. It's so weak and easily forgotten. It's been 60 years of UFO tales and so on, but nothing hardcore to it. We need a agressive "in your face" disclosure. Be it the roswell case, or russians and their downed and captured UFOS & Aliens, also the German Nazis UFO cases, and the varginha case here. (I'm sorry i must be forgetting other huge cases out there but these are the ones that came imediatelly to mind now)

I feel reliefed now, sorry for that.

and sorry for the bad english aswell hehehe.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join